Lt Cmdr Hathev - Counselling - Chief Counsellor
"Logic without ethics is no logic at all." [Show/Hide]
Ensign Inej 'Avi' Avirim - Security - Investigations Officer
"Live fast, die stupid." [Show/Hide]
Xelia - Civillian - Holoprogram Designer
"Envy isn't your colour, babe." [Show/Hide]

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #3358
Welcome @Zodiac! Party in the Spearhead; @Arista is buying.
Nator 159: "I accept no responsibility for the ensign's manifest stupidity. Sir." [Show/Hide]
Ranaan Ducote: "A ship is a home; its crew a family." [Show/Hide]
T'Less: "Your odds of prevailing against us are... slim." [Show/Hide]
Valkra: "Come! We will shake the gates of Sto'Vo'Kor!" [Show/Hide]

Reply #3360
No worries Zodiac.  Zark is a new character so there's still time to change everything about her if you need to.  When I took over Tessa May Lance I read what had come before and decided that if it wasn't 'on stage' it wasn't official so I completely changed her Wiki page.  There isn't tons of precedent preventing you from making this character yours.   /:+

Reply #3362
Thanks everybody! Really happy to be here and looking forward to jumping in once I've got all the reading Auctor gave me done. :)

Reply #3363
Heyo everyone.

Just a heads up that I'll be away from May 25th to June 7th. I'm going to be working out of town on a large contract and as it involves setting up the IT systems in several offices, basically building networks from the ground up with only the internet already running, my days will be busy. And as we're pre-building the networks before I go out on the contract, the next two weeks (till I leave) I'll be slow responding to tags as we're working 10 hour days (sometimes 12's) to get everything done and ready for this contract.

Quick update that yes I am away, currently commuting to the job site, work starts Monday. :) Two 6hr drives with a fully loaded F350 and 8000# travel trailer in tow. :) I may have WiFi at the campground I'm staying at, or Cell service, don't know yet. If I have okay internet, I may get online more in the evenings, don't know for sure, will know better when I get to my home for the week.

Keep everyone posted.

Reply #3364
Greetings, its been a very long time....how is everyone doing?  Glad to see atleast 3 Theurgists stuck around after i left.  I hear turnover was a pain :)

Reply #3368
Hey everyone, update time.

the last month was pretty rough so I'll just go over the highlights of where i have been and why I haven't really been around in chat much.

So at the start of the month my arms really started to hurt, and so I went to the doctors, I have consistant nerve damage in both my arms, when asked why this hasn't been an issue before, after running some tests it turns out I have lost about 5% mobility in my hands. 5% doesn't sound like much, but my hands won't stop shaking now things are constantly slipping out of my grip, it's been... not great especially when i am trying to play a card game professionally and can no longer shuffle a deck on my own.

That's where the month started. This is also the first full month of my new job, and i've yet to really adjust. My schedule is really inconsistant some days i'm working night shift, some times i have day shift, and I'm constantly being told to work more hours than I actually can. they scheduel me for 25-30 hour shifts at which point i have to tell the manager that I'm part time with a limit of 15 hours a week.

then my check from the government didn't show up, and i have to see a legal advocate tomorrow because of course that had to happen.

So the honest truth is lately my attention has been elsewhere, but hopefully tomorrow when i meet with the legal advocate I can sort out this chaos with my government check nonsense and get the money owed to me. cause seriously that was like 900$ and I need that for bills.

Reply #3370
Hello everyone, update to my update.

My meeting went simultaneously the best way, and worst way it could have gone. I have now secured the last portion of paperwork for future funds that will amount to about 1200$ a month... forever the bad news is that it will take 3 months for that money to get to me.

in the meantime, sacrifices have to be made, and one of those sacrifices is my own internet will be cut off tomorrow, I will have my phone, but I will be unable to post for a while since I will be behind on bills.

um... I'd like for my characters to be okay, i'd like to retain control over them, but i understand that this is a leave of absence, i'm sorry to all of my partners.

Reply #3371
Sorry to hear that Masorin, that sucks but real life always comes first. Good luck and we'll see you when you get back.

Reply #3372
No worries @Masorin ! Thanks for the heads up and I am glad things worked out with the compensation you're owed. I'll speak with you privately about the ongoing threads and figure something out.

WE HAVE A NEW THEURGIST! IT'S JUBBLES, WHO'S WRITING MEKTARI DUMRAL!

Come say hello to @Jubbles , who's writing for Mektari Dumral after Gadget abandoned her as a character in the beginning of Episode 05! She's one of the two Asst. Chief CONN Officers - Jaya Thorne being the other one - and they report to Derik Veradin. The three of them are the designated helm officers of Vectors 1, 2 and 3 if the ship splits up in MVAM mode.

Ens. Mektari Dumral           Asst. Chief CONN Officer (V3)

- Writer:
Jubbles

There will be some updates made soon on Mektari's character page, and in Jubbles own words, it might entail "editing some of the wording and details, maybe adding slightly more family info and changing her hobbies a little." Writing her, the Loner aspect of the character will likely be downplayed too, but I will let the writer explain that further, not to mention explaining what she's been up through during the Battle of the Apertures.

Welcome aboard the Theurgy, @Jubbles ! Come say hi on Discord if you want, and I'll PM you in a bit.

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3374
Welcome on board @Jubbles ! Sit comfy with us, we have cookies! :D

I've been wanting that someone adopted Meki for long time! She and my mongrel share service on board the Cayuga, so if you want to plot something about how they behave with the other feel free to PM me!

Welcomeeee!

Simple Audio Video Embedder