Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 357458 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #3250
Just a heads up to all my fellow writers out there! I'm starting one a 9 day work week (the joys) and my internet company has decided to work on cables and what else in the town I live in. So I'm expecting delays needless to say, but I'll do my best to keep things flowing.

Reply #3252
HERE BE YE OLDE MUG BADGES!

@Arista has been helpful once more with this, and pointed out something awesome last night, and that's how over the course of the past couple of month, a few members have earned a prestigious Award. Namely, the Ye Olde Mug Badge!

Those who have been actively writing in the sim for over 3 continuous years have earned this badge, and aside from those who already have it, here are the new recipients! :)

Congratulations, Theurgists! Now, it's just two more continuous years until you earn the Ye Olde Mug of the Ancients Badge!

PERSONAL POLL DISCUSSIONS

I have managed to have personal poll discussions with the majority of you, but I got a comment that perhaps there isn't any interest in having those, so I have decided to pass the ball to you all. If you have yet to go over the poll replies with me personally on Discord or via PM, you can PM be and we'll set up a time for it. :)

No need wasting time if there is little interest in a personal sit-down about how you are feeling about the sim overall.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3253
Wait.... what?  I was just talking to my friend about the Sim today and she asked how long I'd been here and I told her "about three years".... forgot there was a badge that went with that!   :D  Thank you very much and congratulations to my fellow "Class of Three Years Ago" recipients.  :D

Reply #3255
LONE WOLVES SQUAD CHART UPDATED FOR ALDEA PRIME!

Here is the link to the new squad chart, as in accordance with the already announced Crew Manifest:

Lone Wolves Squad Chart - Aldea Prime

Let me know if you find any typos an such! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3256
SIMPLIFYING MENUS & CHARACTER PAGE ACCESS

Hi there Theurgists!

In order to make access streamlined and allowing me to avoid having to update more than one place with character links, I have now removed the Characters drop-down menu on the wiki, since all the characters were already listed as they should on the Crew Manifest and the Non-Crew Listings pages. The redundancy of the Characters drop-down menu wasn't worth the time to re-do it after the Manifest was updated.

So, if you used the Characters drop-down on the wiki, you'll find that all the links to our characters are already present on either the Crew Manifest page or the Non-Crew Listing pages.

That's all for now! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3257
COME SEE TWILKINS' NEW CHARACTER: OTHEUSZ!

Hi there Theurgists! Today, @TWilkins introduces their new character, namely Otheusz, whom the Theurgy crew will encounter on Aldea!

Otheusz                        Grey Scars Member

- Writer:
TWilkins

We're due for Aldea soon, but perhaps someone on the Theurgy might have had a run-in with Otheusz' Grey Scars before they settled into one of the ghost cities on Aldea? In that case, it might be a good idea to set up a Director's Cut thread.

Looking forward to reading his story, @TWilkins !

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3258
A SHIPWIDE CALL AT 2100 HRS.

A new thread/post of import in the sense of IC information has been posted here: :)

EPIL: S [D06|2100] Shipwide Call

Optional posting there for all characters aboard in reaction to Ives speech, wherever they may be. You can also implement it in other Supplemental threads, set during the speech, or in reaction to its contents in Supplemetals set at a later point in time.

That’s all for now, but I will also write a post set at 0230 hours, when the Theurgy arrive at the Aldea Prime Shipyards, and that post will be a single post ending of Season 01, with a credits roll and everything. :) Once that is up, the post that follows in my writing schedule is the Aldea Prime Anthology starter!

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3259
SEASON ONE CREDITS POSTED!

The ending of Episode 5 and Season 1 has come, and I decided to illustrate it in a classic credits roll, and let the image at the top speak for itself. Here it is!

Credits [D07|0230] And on the Seventh Day...

I had to split the credits into two posts for some strange reason...

Hope you like! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Ps. This was also post 21,000 on this forum! @Stegro88 wanted me to point that out since I happened to ninja that from him. *grins*

Reply #3260
Biand lives! Long live Biand! <3
Nator 159: "I accept no responsibility for the ensign's manifest stupidity. Sir." [Show/Hide]
Ranaan Ducote: "A ship is a home; its crew a family." [Show/Hide]
T'Less: "Your odds of prevailing against us are... slim." [Show/Hide]
Valkra: "Come! We will shake the gates of Sto'Vo'Kor!" [Show/Hide]

Reply #3262
TWO THEURGISTS LEAVES US TODAY

Since @Lex Dalton has stopped to reply to PMs, Discord messages and has ceased to visit the site altogether, it being a month since the last post, their membership has been terminated. Moreover, since @Firefox013 might say he means to post but never does - because of numerous RL difficulties - their membership has been terminated as well. Both were given chances to become active again, but sadly, they were no longer participating in the storytelling.

This means that we have two new available characters, namely Asst. Chief CONN Officer Jaya Thorne and Head Nurse Jovela.

Lt. JG Jovela                 Head Nurse (NPC)

- Former Writer:
Lex Dalton

Ens. Jaya Thorne              Asst. Chief CONN Officer (V2) (NPC)

- Former Writer:
Firefox013

As for Sephiria Arn, she will not have survived the Battle of the Apertures, succumbing to her wounds in sickbay before she could get medical treatment (too many wounded in line). If any available characters in a sickbay thread can establish that in the story, it would be most appreciated.

That's all for now!

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3263
EVEN ANGELS CRY HAS RETURNED TO US!

Well, originally, @Even Angels Cry had thought to wait with returning to us until recruitment opened up once more, meaning to bring a new character in doing so. The character was virtually finished, so she'll keep it for a later time. But! When she saw that her original character on the Theurgy was available again, she abandoned the new character concept so that she may once again write this old character of hers:

Ens. Jaya Thorne              Asst. Chief CONN Officer (V2)

- Writer:
Even Angels Cry

So, I will be writing a synopsis for @Even Angels Cry to help her wrap her head around Episode 05 and Jaya Thorne's adventure.

So, please give your warmest welcome back to EAC! I look forward to reading Jaya's continued story! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3265
Hello friends!

Some of you know me. Some of you joined during my hiatus and haven't met me yet. Don't worry, I'm sure you will  /:+  I created Jaya Thorne and I am thrilled to be able to return to writing her! Those of you involved in scenes with her, please reach out to me so that I know where to post and what to read over. If you were interested in writing a scene with Jaya, please reach out and we can discuss. Similarly if she has created tension among characters for whatever reason, please reach out and we can discuss. PMs here are easier to track than Discord messages.

I am happy to be back and excited to write with you all again!

Lots of love,
EAC
"Relationships are not my strong suit; I deal in evenings."
 - Jaya Thorne, Asst. Chief CONN Officer, Ensign [Show/Hide]

Reply #3266
Welcome back EAC, it seems I inherited one of yours during your absence :P

I look forward to writing with you in the future :)

Reply #3268
Welcome back EAC, it seems I inherited one of yours during your absence :P

I look forward to writing with you in the future :)

Ah! Alessia! To be fair, she wasn't my creation, but I did enjoy playing her. I hope you are having just as fun of a time!
"Relationships are not my strong suit; I deal in evenings."
 - Jaya Thorne, Asst. Chief CONN Officer, Ensign [Show/Hide]

Reply #3270
Excellent news, EAC! Welcome back!
Nator 159: "I accept no responsibility for the ensign's manifest stupidity. Sir." [Show/Hide]

Reply #3273
Posts from me might be a little slow this week. Sorry, folks.

Please do hijack if I hold things up.

Reply #3274
THE ALDEA PRIME ANTHOLOGY IS UP!

>> Click For Full Resolution

While the Epilogue is still very active, Season 1 has now been moved down on our forum to make way for the new chapter in our story, namely the Aldea Prime Anthology that will last for a minimum of 1 month In-Character time between Seasons 1 and 2. Here is the board:

Aldea Prime

And here is the first post that sets it all off:

SD 57558.47: Aldean Dawn

Please make sure to read the OOC information below that pinned post very carefully, and take note of the naming conventions for new theads on the board. Making threads require the use of our Stardate Calculator. More info to be found at the link above.

Hope you all like this starter, and I look forward to seeing you wrap up your Epilogue threads gradually and then start writing in the Anthology full-time.

Also, if you check the forum, you will notice that the Director's Cut board (for Theurgy canon threads set before or during Season 1) and the Parallel Universes - "What if?" board (for pretty much anything you want to happen in different timelines with your characters) are more accessible as well, just beneath the Aldea Prime board.

There is still a lot of work to be done, with OOC discussion threads for plotting and some more work done on the wiki for Aldea and the Aldeans, but now, the Anthology is accessible to post in. :) Please make sure to PM me if you have any questions!

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Simple Audio Video Embedder