Skip to main content
Topic: 2378/USS Cayuga: New Friends and Fresh Starts (Read 9919 times) previous topic - next topic

2378/USS Cayuga: New Friends and Fresh Starts

[ PO1 Ekon Okotie-Eboh | Shuttle Bay | Starbase 74 | 2378 ] @Nolan

Petty Officer 1st Class Ekon Okotie-Eboh strode through the shuttle bay towards the waiting shuttlecraft, his duffle bag slung over his shoulder. That single large duffle contained everything he owned, Ekon having gotten into the habit of travelling light over the years.

Ekon found himself filled with a mixture of emotions as he neared the shuttlecraft. He was eager to get back aboard a starship, having spent the last three years on Earth at Starfleet Academy. It would be good to be on the move again. He was looking forward to seeing the Cayuga. It was a newer vessel, an Iroquois-Class long range explorer, and would be the most advanced vessel he had served aboard during his 30 years in Starfleet. His anticipation was tainted by shame and disappointment, however. He had spent the last three years as a Cadet at the Academy, only to have his anger ruin things yet again. He had been kicked out of the Academy after assaulting another Cadet in a bar. The drunken Cadet had been feeling up Ekon’s friend, and not in a welcome manner. Ekon had lost his temper yet again, and the resulting assault had been the straw that broke the proverbial camel’s back.

And so it was that Ekon returned to active duty aboard a starship not as an Officer, but as an NCO. The though left a bitter taste in his mouth.

Ekon approached the young Ensign who stood next to the shuttle’s open hatch. The Ensign wore a yellow uniform and held a PADD which Ekon knew would be displaying a list of names destined for the Cayuga. Ekon stopped as he came to stand before the Ensign, giving the officer a neutral look. The Ensign was regarding him with disinterest, no doubt feeling that his present duty was beneath him.

”Petty Officer First Class Ekon Okotie-Eboh, assigned to Operations aboard the Cayuga, sir.” Eboh watched as the Ensign checked the list on his PADD. He was the Ensign nod to himself, then raise his gaze towards Ekon again.

“Eboh, good. We’re just waiting for one more. The shuttle is scheduled to depart in ten minutes.” The Ensign reported in a bored tone, nodding his head to the side to direct Ekon to board the shuttle. “Get yourself aboard, PO.”

”Yes, sir.” Ekon replied in a neutral tone, not wanting to give away his annoyance. The Human Ensign looked as though he was in his early 20s, only a quarter of Ekon’s age. Just a kid, as far as Ekon was concerned. One who thought he deserved to be having adventures rather than performing mundane tasks like this one.

It’s not all space battles and first contacts, Ensign. Ekon thought as he moved past the Ensign and made for the shuttle’s hatch.

Ekon put the Ensign out of his mind as he clambered aboard the shuttle and stowed his duffle with those of the other transferring crewmen’s before taking a seat in the shuttle’s passenger compartment. The shuttle was mostly full, with the only empty seats being the two foremost seats along the port wall. Ekon seated himself in the end seat, sighing and leaning his head against the bulkhead behind him. As he waited for the final arrival and the shuttle’s departure, Ekon looked around the shuttle’s interior and took in the various faces of those around him. There was an Andorian male in a red tactical uniform sitting immediately across from Ekon, and a Bolian science officer sitting to the Andorian’s left. The two were in the midst of a heated debate about something, though Eboh couldn’t be bothered to figure out what they were talking about.

Ekon turned his head to look along the shuttle at the rest of the occupants just in time to see a woman in a yellow uniform boarding the shuttle, doubtless the final crewmember they had been waiting for. She was slender, with a caramel skin tone and a mass of curly hair that seemed to border on unruly. Ekon watched as the woman deposited her duffle with the others and made her way to the seat immediately beside him. Ekon nodded to his attractive new neighbour but said nothing, the anger and disappointment of being kicked out of the Academy still weighing heavily on his mind and leaving him in no mood to be the one to start a conversation.

Re: 2378/USS Cayuga: New Friends and Fresh Starts

Reply #1
[ PO 3rd class Kythalie Benmual | Shuttle Bay | Starbase 74 | 2378 ] @Fife

Ten minutes left... Kythalie had to rush as she sprinted her way through the shuttle bay. The transfer off the Resolve had taken a bit longer than expected and it left her schedule rather jumbled up. Her boots clacking over the deck before she came to a full stop at a more than bored ensign that looked her over. She could already feel the vibe he was radiating, boredom... Until he eyed here and whole set of new emotions flowed through him. Perhaps it wasn't fair of her to have her telepathic barriers down and soak up the emotions floating around the bay. The petty officer made eye contact with the man as he had finished looking her legs up and down and following the contours of her skirted uniform. She had to bite down on the comment if he had seen anything he'd like. This was a new ship, she wasn't sure how people would react to her vibrant yet loose behavior.

"Petty officer third class Kythalie Benmual, security, reporting for duty sir." she announced to the man with a warm smile as he nodded at her, returning a smile at her "Good to have you with us petty officer. I was afraid you'd be late." he said. "Apologies sir, ship transfer procedures were a bit delayed." The man followed her in the shuttle, shamelessly eyeing her rear. She had picked up on the flurry of emotions coursing through him and she might've added a bit more sway to her hips because of it as she stored her duffel bag in the designated area along with the rest of the new crew members stuff.

She gave the ensign one last look before she marched down the aisle and went to the available seat. She sat herself down as the minds of everyone else in the shuttle began to trickle in. She closed her eyes and raised her barriers as it was time to play it fair and for the sake of not drowning in the thoughts and emotions of everyone around her.  Once her barriers were up she looked around her slowly, looking to her fellow passenger besides her, giving him a warm smile as he simply nodded at her.

She looked at the rest of the crew, the ensign moving up to the front of the shuttle as she observed the Andorian and the Bolian as they still seemed very much stuck on a particular discussion. She pushed some of her hair out of her face as she could feel a strong set of emotions close by, despite her raised barriers they seemed to radiate from besides her.

Her eyes went back to the dark skinned man beside her. She looked him over as she allowed her barriers to drop just a little bit more to get a proper read of him. Oh how her teachers would scold her for doing such a thing. Probing one's mind without permission or knowledge of it. She was careful about it, not reading him entirely yet trying to recognize the emotions he was pulsing. Anger and disappointment... But why? She could reach in further to find out yet she decided to do things the old fashioned way, they way they taught her to make proper contact.

She extended her hand to him as her smile had never left her lips "Kythalie Benmual, security. Nice to meet you." she said with a soft tone to her voice as she looked at Ekon. Her eyes flashing to his rank "Sir." she added to her sentence as he did outrank her technically. Though most NCO's she served with had never really pulled rank on each other before instead when in dire situations. Her eyes rested on his face, exploring his facial features before coming to a stop at his eyes.

The ship slowly pushed itself out of the shuttle bay in the meantime as the inertia dampers kicked in and she could look out the window on Ekon's side as she could see the edge of the starbase they had been in. It was always a beautiful sight to behold yet what she really wanted to see were those stars. Her eyes shifted for a second to the view "Never gets old does it." she whispered as she nodded to the viewport.

Reply #2
[ PO1 Ekon Okotie-Eboh | Transport Shuttle en route to the USS Cayuga | 2378 ] @Nolan

Ekon was a little startled when the woman who now sat next to him introduced herself, having become lost in his own thoughts. He turned his attention back to her now, finding his brown-eyed gaze meeting the black orbs of a Betazoid.

”It is nice to meet you, Kythalie Benmual. Although there is no need to call me sir.” Ekon spoke in a precise manner, and with a deep voice that carried a heavy Nigerian accent. He gave the Betazoid a half-hearted smile as he continued. ”I am Ekon Okotie-Eboh, although most people find my name to be a mouthful, and simply call me Eboh. I work in operations. It is a pleasure to meet you.”

Ekon was, in fact, pleased to meet her, though her use of the title “sir” had stung somewhat. While not in any way improper, it brought to mind his rank, and was yet another reminder of the fact that he was heading back out to space as a Petty Officer rather than an Ensign. Ekon supposed he would have to get used to the idea eventually.

”Never gets old, does it.” Kythalie’s words pulled Ekon out of his thoughts once more. He turned his attention to where she was looking, gazing out of the window at the stars that had come into view as the shuttle departed the Starbase.

”No, it never does gets old.” Ekon agreed, the view of the vastness of space punctuated only by the pinpricks of light seeming to help wash the shame and sadness from his heart. ”I have served in Starfleet for over 30 years, and this sight never ceases to take my breath away…” Ekon’s gaze lingered on the view outside the shuttle for a moment before he turned it back to Kythalie. He had instinctively noted the rank on her collar before, and now he studied her face. She had a pretty face, youthful and slender, with full lips. Her hair still seemed somewhat unruly up close, though now he could make out the tight curls of her dark locks. He found her black eyes were staring back at him, and he met them with a level gaze and another smile. He had always been somewhat hesitant around Betazoids, not because of their telepathic abilities but rather because he found their eyes difficult to read. Kythalie’s were no different, the black of her eyes seemed like deep, inky pools which gave little to read as far as emotions. Not to say he disliked Betazoids. He’d spent several years aboard a Ferengi smuggling vessel, and once you learned to get along with (or at least tolerate) Ferengi, you could get along with almost anyone. The fact that this particular Betazoid was quite an attractive young woman was not lost on Ekon, though he had stopped basing his opinions on people’s appearances a long time ago. Ekon guessed that she was around the same age as the Ensign outside the shuttle that he had thought of as a “just a kid”.

If you keep this up, you’re going to become an old man, Eboh. He thought to himself, then chuckled silently. He was all too aware that, by the standards of many races, he was an old man. He absently wondered if the Betazoid was paying attention to his emotional state and guessed that, if she was, then she might be a bit curious about the mixture of emotions that were running through him.

”So tell me, Kythalie. Where did you serve before you transferred to the Cayuga?” Ekon asked, trying to focus himself. He genuinely wished to know, having always been curious to learn of the experiences of others. An old friend had once told him it must be the “listener” in him, a reference to his El-Aurian side. Ekon wasn’t sure if his friend had been correct, but he supposed that was one way to explain it.

Reply #3
[ PO 3rd class Kythalie Benmual | Shuttle | En route to USS Cayuga | 2378 ] @Fife 

She laughed softly as he told her his name, how many found it to be a mouthful. She noted the distinct accent that was heavy on his voice. The fact that she didn't have to call him a sir was like music to her ears as she could feel the feelings in him dissipate partly. As he introduced himself as a member of operations she nodded slightly before joined her look out to the stars. She was however surprised as he mentioned he had served in the fleet for over thirty years! He really didn't look that old.

"Over thirty years? I take it you're not Terran?" she asked him calmly as she sensed the strongest emotions subsiding. She raised her barriers once more as she'd just enjoy the chat for now with the dark skinned man. "I'm from Betazed myself, if the eyes hadn't given it away." she laughed softly and she bit her lower lip before looking away for a second. It didn't take long before her eyes latched back onto his. The Andorian and Bolian had stopped their discussion to admire the sights, both outside of the shuttle as inside. Kythalie didn't mind as her focus laid on the man seated besides her.

Her black orbs kept studying the man as he posed a question of his own now "Oh, I served on the Elkins and the Resolve." she informed him "What about you?" she asked furthermore while the shuttle made its approach to the Cayuga. "Ladies and gentleman we are on final approach to the USS Cayuga. We'll be disembarking in 10 minutes." said the pilot from the cockpit.

Reply #4
[ PO1 Ekon Okotie-Eboh | Transport Shuttle en route to the USS Cayuga | 2378 ]

Ekon didn’t need to be a telepath to know the Betazoid was surprised at the number of years he had served, though she reacted far more calmly than most people did. He knew that there was nothing to physically mark him as anything but Human, and that few suspected him of being anything but Terran upon first meeting him. If he was being honest, he rather enjoyed seeing people’s reactions to the news.

”Half Terran, actually.” Ekon said with a smile. ”My mother was El-Aurian, though I was raised on Earth.” Ekon smiled as Kythalie mentioned Betazed. She bit her lower lip and glanced away, then returned his gaze to his, leaving him curious about the gesture. ”Yes, those eyes of yours gave you away the moment I saw them.” He kept his own eyes locked on the black pools of the Betazoid's as he spoke, and a deep rumble sounded in his chest as he chuckled, the smile spreading further across his face.

As she told him the ships she had served on before, he once again reflected that he was an old man compared to her. As she asked him where he had served prior to being assigned to the Cayuga, the pilot announced that they would be docking with the Cayuga in the next ten minutes. Once the pilot had finished speaking, Ekon began to answer her question.

”I spent the last three years at Starfleet Academy before I was assigned to the Cayuga. I served aboard the Hiroshima before that.” Ekon paused for a moment. ”I was… unsuccessful… at the Academy, so they reinstated my rank of Petty Officer and sent me on my way.” He chuckled again, giving her a shy grin before glancing down and shaking his head. After a moment he returned his gaze to hers. ”It is a long story. And one I would prefer not to tell in such a crowded place.” As if to help make his point, the Bolian sitting across from them broke out in a loud bout of laughter at something the Andorian had said, the sound filling the cramped space within the shuttle. Ekon glanced at the blue fellow for a moment before turning his attention back to Kythalie. He had noticed her legs earlier when he had glanced down, and now found himself fighting the urge to turn his gaze down at the slender limbs which extended from Kythalie’s hemline once more.

Get a hold of yourself Eboh. You’re old enough to be her grandfather! Ekon scolded himself internally, though he made sure to keep his face neutral. The thought then occurred to him that keeping his face neutral held no guarantee of masking whatever thoughts we going through his head, since the young woman in question was, in fact, a telepath.

”I'll tell you what, Petty Officer Benmual." Ekon said, his playful tone making it plain that his use of her rank was not in any way formal. "I'll tell you all about it later, if you like," He grinned now, his eyes still stuck on he inky black orbs that were Kythalie's eyes. "But it will cost you a drink."

Reply #5
[ PO 3rd class Kythalie Benmual | Shuttle | En route to USS Cayuga | 2378 ] @Fife  

"El-Aurian... My my." she snickered as she never really met one before,that she knew of at least. As he acknowledged that her eyes were a dead give away to her origins, Kythalie couldn't help but laugh and feel her cheeks redden slightly. Which gave quite a extraordinary effect to see that pink/reddish blush on her darker skin. The Petty officer however seemed to smile only brighter to her.

As Ekon began to talk about his residence in the Academy she smiled and figured since he wasn't wearing pips that something must've gone unplanned. She didn't pry as she let the man talk further, noting though his aptitude to talk about it rather openly. His eyes did find a way back to hers as he mentioned it would be a long story, one he wouldn't speak of in a crowded space. The loud laugh of the Bolian made Kythalie drift her eyes over to him before she gave an understanding nod with a sly smile on her features.

She hadn't caught on to the looks Ekon had given to her legs, nor did her barriers allow to read his fighting urge to gaze down the hemline of her skirt to follow her limbs once more. Her eyes shot back to Ekon as he was seemingly considering something, despite the effort to keep his face as neutral as possible. Being in security meant that Kythalie was trained to read people's faces and body language. Sure her telepathic gifts came in like a present for the job, yet the training she'd undergone did train her in picking things up without her gift.

The playful tone of the semi El-Aurian made her smile a little brighter as he addressed her by rank and name. He told her he'd talk about it later to her, yet that the price would be set on owing him a drink. The security officer shook her head as she laughed, her lush black locks extending the momentum of her shakes and waving a little before they settled down. "You drive a hard bargain petty officer Okotie-Eboh." she said with a soft tone as her eyes gazed back in his brown orbs. She seemed to be thinking over his suggestion, letting him hang in the moment just for a few seconds. Her mind had already made up on the answer as he had suggested it, yet there was no foul in having some fun with the man as he seemed quite eager to be playful around her.

"When would you like to cash in on that drink?" she asked with a rather sultry tone, leaving it up to the dark skinned man if it were on purpose or not. Her eyes remained locked wit his before the shuttle rocked slightly as it entered the Cayuga. It only took them moments for the ship to be properly landed and the ensign that had boarded him instructed them to disembark and to report to the quartermaster for their bunks. Kythalie gave the man next to her a wink before she stood up and collected her duffel bag. She waited just outside the shuttle for Ekon to stroll with him to the quartermaster.

Reply #6
[ PO1 Ekon Okotie-Eboh | Shuttle Bay | USS Cayuga | 2378 ] @Nolan

Kythalie had blushed as he mentioned her eyes, the flushing of her caramel skin having added a glow to her face. Then she had asked him when he wanted to go for that drink, speaking in a rather alluring tone, the sound seeming to make Ekon’s heart race slightly.

"How about tonight, if neither of us pull a night shift?" Ekon suggested, hoping his voice didn't betray his lack of calm.

The Betazoid continued to stare into his eyes as the shuttle touched down, and Ekon found himself unable to break the eye contact. Staring into the Betazoid’s eyes reminded him of looking into the vastness of space, and he found himself temporarily captivated. Kythalie added a wink to the mix before she rose to collect her duffle and strode from the shuttle.

Ekon remained in his seat and watched her leave, taking a moment to appreciate her figure as she moved. Ekon couldn’t help but notice that her shapely legs were just as appealing from behind, as was the rest of her slender frame. He waited a few moments more as the rest of the shuttle’s passengers collected their belongings and filed out, taking a deep breath and shaking his head slowly.

What have you gotten yourself into, Eboh? Ekon thought to himself and he finally rose from his seat. He hunched over as he moved through the shuttle, pausing to collect his duffle and sling it over his shoulder before he stepped out of the transport and onto the deck of the Cayuga’s shuttle bay. Now free of the confines of the shuttle, Ekon straightened and stretched his back, rolling his broad shoulders. Then he noticed Kythalie had hung back, standing not far from him. Now that they were standing, Ekon realized she was shorter than he had thought, her slender figure having made her seem taller than she actually was. Now Ekon found he stood over half a foot taller than Kythalie, her small stature serving to make her seem even more alluring while at the same time somehow reminding him of how much older than her he was.

You're still a young man by El-Aurian standards, Eboh Ekon silently told himself as he moved towards the waiting dark-eye beauty. Then why do I feel like a dirty old man? He asked himself before pushing the thoughts away to the recesses of his mind.

”Either I am a very lucky man, to have such a beautiful woman waiting for me…” Ekon began, giving the Betazoid a sly glance. ”Or security is already after me for something.” Ekon gave Kythalie a smile. ”So am I to enjoy the pleasure of your company on the way to the quartermaster? Or to the brig?” Ekon asked, giving her a wink as another deep chuckle rumbled in his chest.

Reply #7

The first class petty officer surely played things close as he suggested to share a drink together tonight. It made her giggle lightly as she seemingly thought it over before nodding "I think I can make that work. Dress attire?" she asked suggestively with a grin on her lips.

Whilst waiting for the petty officer, Kythalie breathed in the first impressions of the Cayuga. A state of the art ship and different from the action she was used to. She didn't mind some downtime and more trivial tasks in security though as the impressions left on her with the USS Elkins had left their marks. Especially the fighting over Betazed and the aftermath of it had scarred Kythalie mentally. Those thoughts however were pushed aside as Ekon appeared out of the shuttle. Kythalie hadn't exected him to be this tall as she sized him up before chuckling as he flexed his muscles by stretching.

As he did his best seemingly to charm her the security officer began to laugh as she shook her head "Well, my PADD did just get updated about a looming threat." she teased as she strolled with him on their way to the quartermaster. She looked up at him as she smiled "I can give you some privacy if you'd rather walk alone to the quartermaster?" she grinned "Or is there a particular reason why you're so interested in the brig?" she toyed with him as she hadn't expected to get this loose with the new crew.

Then again, Kythalie always had been easy to interact with. On all her previous stations people had seemingly enjoyed her company and character. Be it for friendship, camaraderie or amorous entanglements. She thrived in the social contact with others and she had a good feeling about being aboard the Cayuga. Eventually they arrived at the quartermaster and they were given their designated bunks. "Where do you need to go?"  Kythalie asked Ekon as she had received a PADD from the quartermaster with instructions on how to get to her quarters and to whom she needed to report in the security center to get clearance.

Reply #8

Eboh laughed as Kythalie asked if he had an interest in the brig, glancing down at his companion as they walked towards the waiting quartermaster.

”I would not go so far as to say I have a particular interest in the brig.” Ekon said, giving her a shy half-smile. ”Though it could be said that, in the past, I have had a passing familiarity with such places.” Ekon looked up just in time to dodge out of the way of an excited Trill in a teal uniform who went running between them, almost barreling straight into Eboh as she passed.

Eboh gave Kythalie a wide eyed look as they continued walking the last few meters to the quartermaster. Eboh motioned for Kythalie to go ahead, waiting his turn to report to the man handing out assignments. Eboh nodded to the quartermaster in thanks as the man handed him a PADD with his bunk and duty assignments. He glanced down at his PADD, looking over the displayed data as Kythalie asked where he needed to go.

”I suppose where I need to go would depend on what happens next.” Ekon said, stepping to the side to allow the next person to receive their PADD before tapping several commands into his PADD to look over the layout of the ship. ”Let’s see… my quarters are on Deck 12… the Operations offices are on Deck 3...” Ekon read aloud, a cheeky smile playing across his features as he spoke. “The lounge is on Deck 10 and… the brig is on Deck 4.” Ekon raised his brown-eyed gaze to meet the deep black pools of her eyes. ”So if I am going to drop my bag off, then I need to go to deck 12. If you’re looking for an excuse to put me in restraints, then it’s off to deck 4 we go.” Ekon gave the caramel woman a wink as he chuckled and tucked the PADD under his arm.

”However, I have the sneaking suspicion that they will expect us to report for duty before we do anything else. And I’m not sure ending up in the brig within minutes of stepping aboard will give my new CO the best impression…” Mock regret could be heard in Eboh’s deep voice as he spoke. ”So unless you’re heading to deck 12 as well, I suspect we will have to arrange to meet later tonight.”

Reply #9
[ PO 3rd class Kythalie Benmual | Shuttle | USS Cayuga | 2378 ] @Fife 

"I need to head to deck 11." she mentioned "Or well, that's where my quarters are at least." she chuckled before she looked back at Ekon. The idea of restraining Ekon did make the Betazoid think twice about the offer as a glint of it crossed her eyes and mind.

As he told her where some of the things were on the ship she nodded as they made their way to the turbolift. "I suppose I can ride along with your lift before I have to hop off on my deck." she grinned as they made their way over to the lifts. "A meeting will be for later tonight, petty officer." she grinned before her PADD chimed. She looked down at it and swiped through the screens before she read the message "Oh, apparently I need to head to the security center at once. Chief of Security wants to have a talk with me." she murmured as she frowned.

She looked into his brown eyes before she laughed "Maybe it's the arrest order to restrain you as you clearly wouldn't seem to mind." she gave him a playful wink back before she stopped walking "Either way, I'll contact you for tonight if the planning changes. Lets say the lounge at 20.00?" she suggested. Once having heard his order she saluted to him with a sheepish grin before she strode off to take a different lift to the security center.

Reply #10

”The lounge at 20:00 it is.” Ekon agreed as the Betazoid gave him a salute and a sheepish grin. ”Or the Brig in the next hour or so, depending on when that order comes in.” He chuckled as the Betazoid moved off. He lingered there a few moments longer, enjoying the view as he watched the retreating form of Kythalie as the attractive young Betazoid made her way to the lift.

After a moment Ekon shook his head and turned to make his way out of the shuttle bay as well, wondering what he was getting himself into.

Stop thinking about things like you are an old man, Eboh. He chastised himself as he went, heading off to drop his duffle off at his quarters before heading to the Operations offices to report to his new CO.

[ PO1 Ekon Okotie-Eboh | 19:50hrs. | Warp-Trail Lounge | USS Cayuga | 2378 ]

Eboh had arrived early at the Warp-Trail Lounge, having returned to his quarters long enough to grab a quick shower and change. He had ended up spending hours in the Operations office doing paperwork and meeting the Operations crew of the Cayuga. Now Eboh was looking forward to a relaxing drink in the lounge and, he hoped, some pleasant company.

Assuming Petty Officer Benmual didn’t bail on him.

Eboh had exchanged his uniform for a white shirt and black slacks, glad to be out of his uniform and wearing more comfortable clothing. The large man was now perched on a stool at the bar, leaning with his left elbow resting on the bar top. A glass of water sat on the bar in front of him, the El-Aurian hybrid having decided to wait for his new friend to arrive before ordering anything stronger. The soothing tones of a jazz saxophone drifted through the soft lighting of the lounge, creating a relaxing atmosphere. Ekon gazed across the bar to the far wall, where her could see the tail end of the warp nacelles through the aft-facing viewports.

”Never gets old, does it?” He could almost hear Kythalie’s voice speak the words as he looked out at the stars, again reflecting on the fact that he never grew tired of seeing the stars. Decades spent in space had not yet managed to dull the sense of awe he felt every time he looked out through a viewport, the sight of the points of light amide the darkness still stirring a childlike excitement in him while at the same time calming him and leaving him feeling contented.

Tearing his gaze away from the stars and looking around the lounge, Ekon found he enjoyed the atmosphere of the place, basking in the laid-back feel of the establishment as he waited for 20:00 to arrive, and with it the cheeky Betazoid he had met on the shuttle earlier that day.

Reply #11
[ PO2 Kythalie Benmual | Warp-Trail Lounge | USS Cayuga | 2378 ] @Fife

A rushed pace through the corridors and her eyes moving from viewport to viewport. Kythalie was running late as she had spent a bit too much time talking to her new bunk mate. Introductions and getting to know one another was a fun process, yet it had left the Betazoid with little time to grab a sonic shower and prepare for the meeting with the Operations petty officer. Plus this ship was so different lay out wise compared to the Resolve. Finally she saw the entrance to the lounge!

Arriving a bit late to the lounge, Kythalie looked around to see where the chocolate skinned man had taken place. Kythalie had switched her standard uniform outfit for something easier as well as she appeared in a see through fabric shirt which left little to imagination as one could see her bra through it. Under that she wore a pair of soft pants made out of a satin like texture. It felt soft to the touch and wore comfortably unlike the Starfleet pants which felt awfully rugged. A pair of black sandals topped the outfit off as she fiddled with her fingers before spotting Eboh.

She made her way to him giving him a kiss on the cheek with her lips before sitting down at the table and smiling "Sorry I'm a bit late." she apologized before she looked at Ekon "Had some stuff to take care of first. How was your first day?"  she asked as she kept the conversation going and adjusted into her seat. She ruffled her hand through her hair as it just moved all over the place again.

She listened to his developments and laughed softly before she nodded, her eyes trained on him. "Shall we get a drink first? Maybe a snack? I sort of forgot to eat..." she admitted with a cheeky grin. Kythalie's day had been rather full as well as she had been granted the rank of Petty Officer second class upon arrival after a recommendation from aboard the Resolve. This really made her day as it had already started splendidly by earning herself a new friend perhaps with Ekon. Plus, it sort of made her feel like celebrating a little.

Reply #12
[ PO1 Ekon Okotie-Eboh | Warp-Trail Lounge | USS Cayuga | 2378 ] @Nolan

Eboh heard the doors to the lounge hiss open and turned his gaze to watch the newcomer enter. He found himself looking at Kythallie Benmual, though the Betazoid had changed out of her uniform and into something more comfortable. Not to mention more alluring. Eboh watched in silent appreciation as Kythalie approached and found himself surprised when she gave him a kiss on the cheek before sitting down beside him. Eboh felt his heart skip a beat, and again found himself glad that his dark skin tone made it difficult for people to see when he was blushing.

Kythalie apologized for being late, though Ekon hadn’t even thought about the fact. Then she asked him how his first day aboard the Cayuga had been, ruffling a hand through her hair as she spoke. Ekon found himself fighting the urge to reach out and run his own hand through the tangle of hair.

”My day was exciting!" Eboh said with mock enthusiasm. "It was filled with paperwork! My favourite thing! Onboarding paperwork, security clearance paperwork, kit allotment paperwork. I almost didn't show up for our date due to all the excitement!” Ekon gave her a wink as chuckled rumbled in his chest. ”The Chief of Operations seems like a good man, though less formal than my last CO. The first thing he asked me was whether or not I liked Andorian ale.” The large man chuckled, and looked at the woman sitting next to him, finding himself mesmerized by the dark pools of her eyes once again.

She suggested a snack, confessing that she forgot to eat. Eboh smiled at her, shaking his head slightly. ”I hope that isn’t a regular habit of yours.” He admonished with a chuckle. ”Why don’t we move to one of the booths? We’ll have a better view of the stars while we see about getting you fed.” Ekon gave Kythalie a wink and rose to his feet, offering her a hand to help her up. Hardly a necessary gesture, of course, but Ekon believed in good manners. It also gave him a reason to touch her, so he wasn’t about to pass up the opportunity. As she stood, Eboh smiled at her again. ”You look lovely, by the way.”

As the two made their way to one of the booths, the back wall of which was dominated by a large viewport looking aft between the top two nacelles, Eboh looked down at Kythalie again. ”How about you? How did your first day aboard the Cayuga treat you?” He asked, distracted by her cheeky grins and deep eyes to the point of almost bumping into a table occupied by two of the Cayuga’s crewmen as they made their way through the room. Eboh muttered an apology as they continued on.

Smooth, Eboh… He told himself, wondering if she could feel the sense of embarrassment he was feeling. Or the sense of thrill he had felt when she had walked in, for that matter. Not that he was overly concerned even if she was reading him. He had nothing to hide.

As they reached the booth Ekon looked down at Kythalie again, giving her a smile and letting Kythalie sit first before sitting down himself. He couldn’t help but smile at the beautiful woman sitting across from him, all the while fighting the urge to run his eyes down over her torso, visible as it was through the shirt she had chosen to wear. As they waited for someone to come take their order, he found himself wondering if she had selected the shirt out of a sense of comfort, or simply to distract him.

Reply #13

She listened to him with interest as he spoke of his exciting day. It made her smile as it was riddled with paperwork and getting the right clearances. As he mentioned he'd almost not make it for their date she laughed and shook her head as she kept chuckling. He spoke of his new CO and she nodded in agreement. This ship was a whole lot more relaxed and lay back in comparison to her previous posting. "Did you take him up for an on duty welcome drink in that case? Or aren't you a fan of Andorian Ale?" she asked with a humored smile on her face. She could see his eyes gazing into hers and she kept looking back in his before breaking contact to look down at her lap.

She shrugged as he hoped it wasn't a regular thing of her to do to skip a meal. In truth it happened from time to time depending on what assignment she was on. Yet she didn't elaborate about it while he suggested to move over to one of the booths. She nodded "I'd love to." she answered him as the excuse to look at the stars was a perfect excuse to seclude themselves from the rest of the lounge. Although it didn't seem like there were a lot of people around. She laughed softly as he complimented her and she returned the favor "You're looking quite good yourself."

He had asked how her day went and Kythalie couldn't help but smirk as she saw the operations officer shave into an occupied table by two other crewmen. He muttered what she imagined was an apology before she nodded at the two crew members. Once they sat down at the booth, she noticed the attempt to not gaze at her torso . She couldn't really blame him if he did peek with the attire she was wearing and she hoped that he at least enjoyed what he saw.

"My day... Well you remember that I had to report myself to Security first right?" she said as she leaned back a bit, making it harder for him to not look at her torso as she placed both her hands behind her head and gazed at the warp trail "Turns out I had to be there to receive a promotion. The Resolve CO I had saw great things in me and I got upped a rank." she smiled as she felt somewhat proud about it. "Other than that, the day was filled with paperwork as well for small arms and the sorts. Going over the procedures of various infractions as they're slightly different from the standard procedures. More information about emergency situations and my task during those. You know, basically what a new security would have to undergo on a ship." she concluded as the conversation was spoken with a soft and gentle tone.

"After that I went to my quarters, installed myself and chit chatted a little with my new bunk mate." she spoke with a warm smile "Hence why I'm late, lost a bit track of time. So I had to shower, change, make up... Everything to look good for a man." she teased before she placed her hands back in front of her on the table. "When's your next shift starting? Expecting anything special during this trip?" she asked as her eyes gazed into his. She had lowered her barriers slightly in order to get a better read on the man. She knew it was cheating a little, but she couldn't help it.

Reply #14

Eboh watched as Kythalie leaned back into the seat of the booth, placing her hands behind her head and gazing out at the view as she spoke. As she told him the reason for her reporting to the security offices, Eboh couldn’t help but smile at the obvious pride she took in her promotion, feeling genuinely happy for her. He also took the opportunity to steal a glance at the beautiful Betazoid’s form, unable to stop his eyes trailing down the shapely figure that she was currently displaying in such an enticing manner. He found himself feeling genuinely happy again, though this time her promotion wasn’t the reason. He felt like a little kid sneaking a peek, a small smile creeping across his features as she continued to speak. He listened intently to what she said, while at the same time his eyes took in the view of her black bra and caramel skin through the sheer shirt she wore.

The half El-Aurian couldn’t help but feel a sense of desire as he took in the view she presented, at the same time reflecting on the fact that it was obviously a conscious choice on her part to wear such a garment, which caused him to wonder exactly what she had in mind when she came here this evening. He moved his eyes back up her torso, returning his gaze to her face, seeing that she had quite obviously caught him and his wandering eyes. He gave her a small grin that was almost apologetic. Almost.

As she told him the reason she was late arriving, giving him a warm smile as she did so, Ekon’s face broke out in a broad grin. Her final comment about looking good for a man causing him to let out a rumbling chuckle.

”Well, you certainly do look wonderful, Kythalie. Well worth the wait.” Ekon told her with a wink, adding in a teasing tone, ”So who’s the lucky man?”.

He sat forward as she asked him about his next shift resting his elbows and forearms on the table and interlocking his fingers, his hands resting on the table just inches from her own. He ignored the urge he felt to reach out and take her hand, tempting though the proximity made the idea.

”I’m starting off in everyone’s favourite shift!” Ekon informed her with a grin. ”Night shift tomorrow night! Perhaps I should not have told Lieutenant Mason that I prefer Saurian Brandy to Andorian Ale…” He added with another chuckle.

”As for this trip, I do not know what to expect.” Ekon admitted, ”I have had my share of surprises during my career with Starfleet. I find it best not to expect anything, but rather to simply… take things as they come.” If the Betazoid happened to be sneaking a peak at his emotions or thoughts, she’d find he was referring to this evening as much as his Starfleet career.

One of the serving staff approached the table then, and Ekon heard a feminine voice asking if they wanted anything to eat or drink. Ekon smiled at the server for a brief moment before turning his eyes back to Kythalie’s, feeling a thrill in his chest as his eyes once again met hers.

”Yes, I believe drinks are in order!” Ekon said, glad to be able to share this moment with Kythalie. ”We have a promotion to celebrate!” Ekon unclasped his hands, gesturing to Kythalie. ”Ladies first. What shall we drink to celebrate your rise through the ranks, Petty Officer Second Class Benmual?”

Reply #15

The interaction with the Operations man had been more smoothly and natural than Kythalie thought it would be. She normally wasn't the hardest to get along, yet she was always happy and delighted to find people who matched her personality rather well. As the dark skinned man was eyeing her and eventually got caught in doing so, she could see him grin. Like a kid caught with his hand in a cookie jar. She couldn't help but smirk as she let her dark orbs rest on his.

While he asked who the lucky man was whom she was waiting for she shrugged "I think my head of Security wouldn't mind the outfit. Though he's a bit old." she said back teasingly, being well aware that the man in front of her had quite some years on his record. She had felt the flair of him questioning his age on the shuttle before and she wondered if those emotions would flare up once more so she'd be able to get a decent read out of it. She didn't pursue the answer any further and instead enjoyed in the feeling of letting him guess for the answer, although it would've been quite clear.

She nodded as he mentioned the favorite shift "I don't mind the night shifts really... Great time to catch up on paperwork and the sorts." she added before she laughed about preferring Saurian brandy over Andorian ale. "I think you brought that one down over yourself to be fair Eboh." she grinned as she relaxed into her seat and looked over the dark skinned man subtly.

He shared his insights on what to expect and she could feel the underlying feeling there. Just letting everything just wash over you sounded like a wise life lesson and she nodded slowly "I can live with that creed. Though sometimes one needs to shape their expectations to reach something or somewhere." she answered with a shrug. In hindsight she cursed at herself, that wasn't nowhere near as wise as what the man in front of her had said and she looked down at her lap.

As the waitress came Kythalie looked back up to meet her before she flashed contact with Ekon's eyes. The man seemed far more enthusiastically than she had imagined as he wanted to celebrate her promotion. It made her chuckle as she nodded and took a congratulations from the waitress before she thought about what to order.

"I'll have a Risan white wine please." she ordered before she looked at Ekon. She let him order first before she asked "Any suggestions for a snack we could share?"

Reply #16

Ekon chuckled as Kythalie shrugged and made a teasing comment about her department head enjoying her outfit, commenting on his age. Eboh laughed at the comment and leaned back in the booth’s seat. He directed a mock-stern gaze in her direction, his deep voice taking on a teasing tone to match hers.

”As a fellow old man, I feel as though I should defend your poor CO. You youngsters have no respect!” Ekon admonished, the broad grin that spread across his face ruining the effect of the chastising words. Ekon knew that he was most likely older than her CO, and he was very much enjoying her outfit, still having trouble preventing his eyes from trailing down her form and appreciating the fine curves of Kythalie’s figure. Even as the thought went through his head he found his eyes had wandered south once again, tracing down Kythalie’s slender neck and across her collarbone. Ekon mentally kicked himself and brought his eyes back up, glad for the umpteenth time that she most likely couldn’t see his blushing. Then the thought occurred to him that the telepath wouldn’t need to see it to know he was slightly embarrassed by his wandering eyes.

Despite his joking, a small pang of uncertainty had shot through Eboh as he once again reflected on their age difference. He knew that such things were hardly out of the ordinary, especially in Starfleet where so many different species worked in such close proximity to one another, but at the same time it made him slightly nervous. The fact that he hadn’t been involved in any sort of romantic endeavour in the past four years did nothing to help the situation, as he found himself very attracted to the cheeky, wild haired woman sitting across from him. Aside from being very attractive, he also found her quick-witted and clever, with a sharp sense of humour he enjoyed. Her seemingly playful nature made their interactions both easy and enjoyable.

In short, Eboh found himself becoming bewitched by the stunning security NCO.

After Kythalie had ordered her Risian white wine, Ekon glanced back to the waitress. ”I will have a Saurian brandy, please.” He said, giving the waitress a friendly smile before turned his attention back to Kythalie. ”It’s already gotten me into trouble today, apparently…” He said with a chuckle, ”Let’s see what sort of trouble it will get me into tonight.” He gave Kythalie a mischievous wink as he considered her question. ”Why don’t we share something light, like bruschetta, and maybe some baked sea scallops?” Ekon suggested, ”Though we can always swap the scallops for something else if you’re a vegetarian.”

After the waitress retreated, leaving the two of them alone once again, Ekon sat forward in his seat and clasped his hands on the table again, peering at Kythalie with interest in his eyes. He wanted to know more about this alluring woman with eyes like deep pools and unruly hair that he kept fighting the urge to touch.

”So tell me about Kythalie Benmual.” He said, giving her a warm smile. ”What does the beautiful Betazoid do for fun when she’s not making fun of us old men and trying to give us heart attacks with her saucy nature and scandalous fashion?” A teasing tone accompanied the deep bass of his voice and his spoke, the El-Aurian having found himself unable to keep the amusement out of his voice.

Reply #17

Kythalie couldn't help but burst out in laughter as Eboh spoke of old men like her CO and himself. She shook her head as she kept laughing ab it more before she brought her hand to her mouth to hide her smile a little for him, eventually she asked "I'm not sure if I asked... How old exactly are you?" Her eyes kept looking over his features, seemingly soaking in the information she could pry without asking. Although she wasn't probing him in that manner. Not yet anyway...

She didn't need to be a telepath to feel his eyes roaming over body, time after time as he clearly enjoyed the outfit she chose for the evening. Not that she really minded as it sort of was the point of such an outfit to be looked at. Besides the young woman did enjoy the feeling of being wanted and yearned for. Part of Betazoid culture was to have an open minded view upon sexualization and Kythalie had been granted that education wholesomely.

Kythalie observed and sensed the emotions from the party across her. She didn't let it on though as she waited for him to order and she had to smirk and laugh again as he ordered Saurian brandy. As he mentioned that it got him into trouble before today, she nodded and laughed when he added that he'd like to see where it would end him up this time. She first agreed to his suggestion of foods. She wasn't a vegetarian and some Terran once told her that white wine was best mixed with seafood, so she had no objection at all.

Once they were back with just the two of them the security officer elaborated on what kind of trouble the brandy would bring him in tonight. "Well... That depends really... Either the brig for public intoxication. Or perhaps one of our rooms?" Kythalie teased as she hadn't really made up her mind yet as to push this friendly fraternization further or not. Besides, the night was young....

She smirked and straightened herself more formally as he addressed her by her full name. She cocked her head slightly to the side as she thought about the question and she licked her lips as she seemed sunken in thoughts "I'm a sportive kind of girl... Which is sort of handy in my line of work. I enjoy climbing, swimming, running and sparring. Besides that, I can just sit in a lounge like this and have a PADD along to sketch the scenery. I'll never say no to a good novel and I enjoy fraternization. Parties when we're on shore leave..." she told him with a soft and sincere tone as she ran over her interests "What about you Ekon Eboh? Besides hitting on far too young girls and work?" she teased him as she rested her chin on her hand. Looking teasingly into his eyes as she leaned forward a little.

Reply #18

Ekon watched the woman sitting across from him laugh at his old man comment, and grinned at Kythalie’s question about his age, watching as she seemed to study the features of his face.

”Looking for wrinkles?” Ekon teased as he watched her studying him. ”I did not know any El-Aurians growing up. I grew up around Humans, so I really only mean that I’m an old man by their standards.” Ekon explained as he watched Kythalie watching him. ”I’m only 85, which is still quite young by El-Aurian standards. Since I’m half-human, the doctors are not sure how that will effect my aging or lifespan, though I stopped showing signs of aging when I was around 35.” Ekon shrugged, giving Kythalie another grin and a wink. ”I suppose I shall leave it up to you to decide whether or not I really am an old man. ”

Ekon had heard his companion laugh again as he had ordered his drink, causing him to smile. She had a nice laugh, and he found himself wanting to hear it more. She had teased him about where the drink would leave him in the end, the mention of the brig causing him to laugh loudly, while the idea of one of their rooms caused his heart to beat slightly faster. He had come out tonight with no expectations of that sort, knowing only that he wished to enjoy the company of the lovely Ms. Benmual. The idea did appeal to him, however, as he found the woman across from him more interesting and appealing by the minute.

He watched her change in body language after he used her full name, then smiled to himself at the way she tilted her head slightly as she thought about her answer, licking her lips and seeming lost in thought for a moment. He found the mannerism adorable. Ekon listened intently as she finally spoke, referring to herself as sporty and listing off her interests. Then she turned the tables, asking the same question of him, with the added teasing remark about hitting on girls far to young for him. The remark brought another broad grin to his face, and the dark-skinned man chuckled and shook his head at her having turned his old man comments against him.

”Well, there’s a lot of young girls in Starfleet, so between my duty shifts and girls that are too young for me, I don’t have time for much else!” Ekon countered, giving Kythalie a grin. She was resting her chin on her hand and giving him a teasing expression. ”But, when I’m not playing crib at the seniors home, I enjoy swimming, working out and generally keeping fit. I also like reading and playing cards.” Ekon said, ”I used to collect tribal masks from different cultures, but they were all lost when the Saratoga was destroyed, and I suppose I gave up on keeping a collection after that.” Ekon leaned forward now, bringing himself closer to Kythalie. He gave her a conspiratorial look, and continued in a lower voice. ”Though if I am being completely honest, I’m not usually one to flirt like this. I haven’t been out for an evening like this in a long time.” Ekon admitted, leaning closer and giving Kythalie a shrug and a sly smile. ”They don’t usually let me out of the seniors home this late.” He added with a wink and a cheeky grin.

Ekon’s close proximity to the woman made it easier to stop his eyes wandering down over her body, though now his gaze dropped down to her lips, almost within reach. He resisted the urge to try and kiss her just then, instead settling on sliding his hand across the table to rest on hers. ”I suppose you just have an intriguing quality to you. I just found myself wanting to talk to you.” His eyes had returned to hers, and he found himself becoming captivated by her gaze. ”That and I was stuck between you and the bulkhead on the shuttle, so I didn’t have any chance to escape.” He added, his tone teasing and his gaze a mixture of amusement and desire.

Reply #19

"Wrinkles, gray hairs..." Kythalie mused as she grinned and listened to him as he explained that he hadn't had the faintest clue how his life would look like. Being a hybrid he stopped physically aging at thirty five, it made Kythalie wonder if he'd keep looking this good while she'd age into the old woman she'd probably become if life treated her well. At some point the table could be turned on her if they remained friends. How the things were unfolding now, they'd be friends for certain if not more. "Well, you feel young, so I suppose that's how old one really is I imagine." she replied with a coy grin.

Benmual was glad he could appreciate her humor as he laughed about ending up at the brig possibly before he listened intently to her spare time activities. As she had bounced the question back at him, she couldn't help but chuckle and laugh as he mentioned that there were a lot of young girls in the fleet. That in hand with his shifts, he claimed to have little time for anything else as she shook her head and looked away from him for a second before he began to spill his hobbies to her.

He kept playing the old man card rather well and Kythalie couldn't help but be amused by it as she giggled occasionally before she heard about his collection of tribal masks. if anything it was an odd thing to collect and it did catch her attention. He mentioned how his collection was lost when the Saratoga was destroyed and she looked at him with some pity in her eyes. He edged closer and Kythalie couldn't help but grin a little as she did the same. The confession that he hadn't been this flirty or out for a long time made her grin "Well, you know what they say right? A leopard never loses his spots." she replied to him "Do let me know when I need to bring you back to the seniors home. I don't wide a ship wide alert for missing old people." her lips curling into a coy grin.

he was close now and if Kythalie would move a bit closer they'd be in perfect position to share a kiss as she felt the idea boil up inside Eboh's head. Instead though the man slid his hands over the table to rest on hers as his touch felt warm and pleasant. He complimented her once more and she smiled and looked down at their hands as she moved one of her hands from underneath his to playfully move over the back of his hand "You're rather easy to talk to yourself Ekon." she answered before their eyes locked once again.

The notion of not being able to escape on the shuttle made her laugh once more as she pinched his hand "Fine, I'll go sit on the ensign's lap next time!" she laughed "I bet he wouldn't have minded." she replied before she poked her tongue out at him. She laughed once more and the waitress returned with their drinks. Kythalie broke away from Ekon's touch as she thanked the waitress for the drinks and took the glass of wine in her hand. She looked back at Ekon "To new friendships and the future? Or do you want to toast on living long and prosper?" she teased as she remained playful.

Reply #20

Ekon laughed as Kythalie once again turned his own remarks against him, asking when he needed to be back at the seniors home and speaking of a ship wide alert. The woman certain had a good sense of humour to go with her sharp wit. She was keeping him on his toes, playful and feisty as she was.

Kythalie had then freed one of her hands and had begun to lightly run her fingers along the back of his hand. The hand that remained under his was warm, her skin soft, and the light touch of her fingers on the back on his hand caused a pleasant shiver to run down his spine. Ekon laughed as she pinched his hand in retaliation for his teasing remark. She then claimed she’d sit on the Ensign’s lap next time, laughing as she did so. Ekon gave the Betazoid a mock-hurt expression. ”Why Miss Benmual, are you trying to make me jealous?” He asked as he gently ran his thumb across the wrist of the hand that remained under his . She stuck her tongue out at him playfully before pulling away from him. The waitress had arrived to deliver their drinks. Ekon smiled his thanks to the waitress before returning his attention to Kythalie.

He grinned as she suggested a toast, raising his glass. ”New friends and the future sounds perfect.” He said, smiling at the caramel skinned woman across from him. ”And to your promotion, Kythalie. Congratulations!” He added with a warm smile before clinking his glass against hers and taking a slow sip of the contents. His eyes returned to hers as he lowered his glass to the table, a look a mischief creeping into them.

”That hardly seems fair that you’d sit on the Ensign’s lap.” Eboh complained, his accented voice sad and a theatrical pout on his face.  ”I don't seem to remember you sitting on mine!” He teased as the mock-pout gave way to an impish grin. ”Though you are right, I believe. I doubt he would have minded.” He raised his glass again, though paused before putting it to his lips. ”I certainly would not have complained..” He sent a wink in her direction as he brought the glass to his lips, savouring the taste of the alcoholic liquid.

The waitress returned then, carrying two plates. She deposited the two dishes on the table and told them to enjoy their meal before once again retreating to the bar, leaving them alone once more.

”Well, you must be hungry! I imagine making fun of old men works up quite an appetite!” Ekon teased, a broad smile on his face. ”So, which would you like to try first?”

Reply #21

The reaction shown by Eboh was one that was clearly played, yet nevertheless enjoyable to watch by the Betazoid officer as she laughed again. His words only making her chuckle as she shrugged and looked him back in the eye "What if I am? Would it be working?" she asked him with a coy grin. She could feel his thumb running over her skin and it felt rather good to have this kind of physical contact.

"Ah yes, my promotion! And to our new assignment!" she cheered as she watched him sip his brandy. The drink he was having she wouldn't consume on her own. The taste of it too hard and profound for her to enjoy it. Not that she'd decline it when a bottle would be opened in a group, she'd drink pretty much anything they'd offer. The things she'd done during her younger years...

Ekon continued at the hypothetical case of sitting on the ensign's lap. Kythalie frowned as she listened to his reasoning and couldn't help but smirk as she shook her head. It was quite clear that the ensign would not have minded the petty officer sitting on his lap should the case present itself, yet Kythalie had to laugh wholeheartedly again when he admitted he wouldn't complain if she did so with him. "Well, the night is young petty officer. What hasn't happened may yet come." she teased shooting him a wink back.

As the waitress returned with the two dishes, Kythalie looked interested at them and looked over the first dish before looking over to the other. The scent of both meals reaching her nostrils and evoking a low gnarl from her stomach as it demanded sustenance. "I suppose we should start with the sea scallops? That being the warm dish. Or would it be the other way around?" she asked as she wasn't really aware what she had been presented "Or can we mix it?"

Reply #22

Ekon smiled as Kythalie teased him, asking if she was succeeding in making him jealous. ”Well, I don’t know how jealous I can be at the moment. I’m the one spending time with you this evening.” He told her with a wink. ”So it would seem the Ensign is the one who ought to be jealous.” After the drinks had come she had laughed at his complaint, teasing that the night was yet young, the comment causing him to smile mischievously at her.

Once the food arrived and the waitress had retreated, Kythalie seemed unsure of which dish to try first, asking if they should eat the warm dish first, and if the dishes could be mixed. Ekon chuckled at the Betazoid’s indecisiveness, giving her a smile as he addressed the questions.

”You can eat them in however you like, Kythalie!” He informed her with a grin. ”There’s no proper etiquette here. Though I would suggest trying a scallop first. They are one of my favourites, and these look delicious!” As he made the suggestion, he slid the dish holding the aforementioned food towards his companion, his mouth watering as he looked at the plate’s contents. The dish held eight large scallops, their tops seared a light brown and their side’s glistening white. The plate beneath the meaty portions held a thin layer of a rich smelling golden sauce, and the edge of the dish was adorned with a sprig of garnish. The other dish held nine small rounds of sliced baguette, grilled, brushed with garlic and olive oil, and topped with diced tomato, onion and basil with a light dusting of parmesan. The dish had balsamic vinaigrette drizzled over it, adding to the bruschetta’s flavour while providing an appealing look to the plate.

Eboh waited for Kythalie to make her selection before deciding on one for himself, spearing the scallop on the end of his fork. He watched the caramel skinned woman across from him as she took her first bite, gauging her reaction.

”Well, how do you like it?” He asked before biting down on his own meaty morsel, eyes half closed as he savoured the flavour of the soft, slightly chewy meat. It had been years since he’d had scallops, and they were just as good as he remembered them being, the simple pleasure he took in the dish bringing a contented smile to his face.

Reply #23

The dark skinned man had made quite a valid point as he informed her that the ensign would probably be the jealous one as he wasn't sharing drinks with her. The woman laughed in agreement as she nodded "Fair point oldie." she mused as the word began to grow on her... Ekon 'Oldie' Eboh... she chuckled at herself for thinking it and seemed to be highly amused by it as she looked at the waitress with the food.

Waiting on Ekon's advice on how to start eating the dish she nodded a tad nervous as he suggested to try the scallops first. "Where did you eat them the first time? Or well where did you learn about them?" she asked as she took one of them and inspected it. Her eyes examining the food before she smelled it and slowly licked it with the tip of her tongue before a split second later she pushed it slowly into her mouth. She started to chew on it and let her taste buds do their magic as she rolled her eyes from the left to the right before a gratifying smile came on her face.

She kept chewing on it and let out a soft moan as she clearly liked it and she swallowed it as she licked her lips and fingers "Mmh, that really does taste good... I never tried this dish before. Is it typical Terran?" she asked as she looked back at the man in front of her. She took another one and savored the taste of it as she played a bit with it in her mouth before chewing back on the tasty delight.

It was then that she noticed that Ekon was eating with a fork and her cheeks flustered a little as she had been eating them bare handed. She grabbed one of the forks as subtly as possible as she chewed on her lip. She looked over at the bruschetta, was she supposed to poke her fork in it as well? Her eyes darted back up to the dark skinned man in front of her with a bit of a helpless look on her face.

Reply #24

Ekon couldn’t help but laugh as Kythalie called him “Oldie”, finding the younger woman’s amusement infectious as he enjoyed the sight of the lovely Betazoid’s smile.

”I don’t remember where I had scallops for the first time.” Ekon admitted, his tone light and musing. ”I think probably my mother took me to a restaurant when she was back on shore leave. Or my step-father, maybe.” Ekon’s eyed had narrowed slightly, his eyes taking on a slightly distant expression as he tried to remember, his accented voice carrying with it the airiness that came with turning one’s thoughts to the past. ”I suppose it would have been my step-father, since my mother was rarely around. He was a good man, with a good eye for delicious food.” Ekon continued, smiling at the memory. As he had been talking about his step-father, he had reached up with one hand and gently touched the center of his chest, the gesture obviously an absent-minded one. ”That was a long time ago though,” Ekon said, shaking himself out of his reverie. He smiled as he watched Kythalie testing the scallops, prodding it with her tongue before slowly placing it in her mouth. He couldn’t help but find the timid approach to the food adorable, and mildly sexy. Then he laughed, seeing Kythalie roll her eyes as she finally tasted the full flavour of the delicious morsel. ”I take it you approve?” He asked in a teasing tone as he watched the smile spread across her face.

As she asked about the dish, licking her fingers, Ekon couldn’t help but chuckle. ”Yes, they’re a type of Terran mollusk. They are found in almost every ocean on Earth. They can be cooked a number of ways, though this is my favourite.” He explained, watching her enjoy another as he selected a second scallop for himself, spearing it on the end of his fork. He had lifted the scallop halfway to his mouth when he noticed Kythalie’s cheeks had flushed. He watched her curiously, wondering what had caused her to become flustered, though he got his answer soon enough as the Betazoid picked up her fork with an obvious attempt at being subtle. She was chewing her lips, which bad Ekon chuckle. She seemed very young and uncertain while doing that, though there was a certain cute quality to it as well. The chuckle turned to a laugh as she looked at the bruschetta in a quizzical manner, then looked at him with a helpless expression, as though silently pleading for his help.

”You don’t need to use the fork, Kythalie.” Ekon said as his laughter subsided, ”It won’t do you much good with the bruschetta anyway,” he continued, reaching up with his free hand and plucking the scallop off the end of his fork. He gave the caramel skinned woman a sly wink as he popped the scallop into his mouth, chuckling as he chewed the tender flesh. He finished the mouthful before he continued speaking. ”This is hardly a formal dinner, Miss Benmual. There’s no need for formality,” he teased, ”It’s not as though you’re out to impress anyone!” He added with a wink, chuckling as he sucked a bit of the scallop’s rich golden sauce off his thumb. ”Although I must say, I do enjoy see you blush!” He informed her with a teasing grin, looking into the dark pools of Kythalie's eyes once more.

Careful Eboh... He mentally cautioned himself, You could get lost in those eyes...

Simple Audio Video Embedder