Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 357608 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #4825
You'd be able to visibly track the progress of the other shuttle though, and know when they are over the drop zone? Maybe random information about what else is happening in the area with praxis and the ta'rom, nothing specific but just generalistics. Also the romulan warbird if Hidden Raptor had started by the time we depart?

Reply #4826
Pitty so many have disappeared, they may yet return once life lets them.
[Show/Hide]
Lieutenant JG Adam Kingston, Master-at-Arms, (Vector 03 Security) Profile Clickie

[Show/Hide]
Lieutenant/Dr Elro Kobol, Chief Medical Officer, (Vector 02 Medical) Profile Clickie

Reply #4827
I'm still in a weird spot in my main mission thread since I can't actually contact the ground team until L'Nari gets comms up.  XD

Perhaps request a mission update from the Apache? Assuming we are talking about 'Dinner Out'.
Maybe, but I'm supposed to maintain radio silence until contact is established.  :/

Hey @GroundPetrel :) I talked to Nesota after reading your plea and they told me that they will definitely post for L'Nari to establish communications as soon as life let's them. So you can go ahead and act as if that has already happened in your "timeline" XD

Hope this helps

Reply #4828
I'm still in a weird spot in my main mission thread since I can't actually contact the ground team until L'Nari gets comms up.  XD

Perhaps request a mission update from the Apache? Assuming we are talking about 'Dinner Out'.
Maybe, but I'm supposed to maintain radio silence until contact is established.  :/

Hey @GroundPetrel :) I talked to Nesota after reading your plea and they told me that they will definitely post for L'Nari to establish communications as soon as life let's them. So you can go ahead and act as if that has already happened in your "timeline" XD

Hope this helps
Thank you!!!!!  I'll try to post something tonight after class and work.  :)
Really enjoying writing a halfway stable character for once...

Reply #4829
Hey guys, I will be on LOA for maybe 2 weeks. The first and second week of September.

I'll be moving house on the 6th of September, and probably will be busy helping get all our stuff ready to put in our cars and mover truck for on the 6th during the first week of Sept.
I think I will be unavailable until the 3rd week of Sept as we'll be busy getting our new house filled with our stuff lol
I will attempt to answer tags via mobile devices as much as I can.
[Show/Hide]
Lieutenant JG Adam Kingston, Master-at-Arms, (Vector 03 Security) Profile Clickie

[Show/Hide]
Lieutenant/Dr Elro Kobol, Chief Medical Officer, (Vector 02 Medical) Profile Clickie

Reply #4830
Apologies, my fellow Theurigsts

I have been absent from this board for the most part of the past weeks. I have been facing some career challenges (positive ones, but still stressful) as well as some family related difficulties.

I am not writing this to find some sort of excuse. I should have posted here earlier, so that all of you know that my responses might take longer. I did not, and for that I am sorry.

I am hopeful that things will calm down in the coming days, which will give me time and opportunity to get back to writing.
Lt JG Sorek Morgan
[Show/Hide]
PO2 Kino Taer
[Show/Hide]

Reply #4832

OUR NEW WRITER REDSHIFT316 WILL WRITE JAYA THORNE!

Our newest writer, @redshift316 , has asked to inherit Jaya Thorne, one of our Asst. Chief CONN Officers!

Ens. Jaya Thorne              Asst. Chief CONN Officer (V2)

- Writer:
@redshift316

Jaya has been on the Allegiant mission in Advent of War, flying the scoutship a third time, having already flown it in both the Battle of Starbase 84 as well as the Battle of the Apertures under the command of her old CO from the Black Opal, Jennifer Dewitt. She was also at the helm when the Sword fought the IKC Rotarran and Chancellor Martok in the Azure Nebula.

So far, small edits have been made to the character's interests, but a Butterfly Effect might have changed some small events in her past, which have no greater bearing on the present story. @redshift316 will be getting into gear with their new character gradually, but I look forward to seeing this familiar face up and about again.

Congratulations on your character, @redshift316 , and welcome aboard! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4836
Welcome @redshift316
Lt. JG Amissa | Fighter Pilot, Callsign "Emerald", USS Theurgy
[Show/Hide]

Reply #4839
Welcome aboard! 

Reply #4844
Thank you for the warm greetings! Much appreciated!

Just for a quick intro, I've been playing pbem (trek and non trek alike) games for over twenty years. Most of my experience has been with games other than forum based.

I am always looking to improve both my work and interactions with characters.  so please don't hesitate to offer help and suggestions under any circumstances.  I am always open to talking about doing joint posts and discussing interactions with characters. I am looking to be as outgoing with Jaya as possible, so drop me a line if you see some kind of possible interaction.

Reply #4847
Grad school has been kicking my butt but I'm going to try to post for the rescue mission tonight.  :)

Reply #4848
Welcome @redshift316

Looking forward to writing with you. ;-)
Lt JG Sorek Morgan
[Show/Hide]
PO2 Kino Taer
[Show/Hide]

Reply #4849

EPILOGUE: HEADCOUNT

>> Click For Full Resolution

For all those who missed the Discord announcement, the Epilogue of Advent of War has been posted!

EPILOGUE: HEADCOUNT [ DAY 03 | 1900 HRS. ]

This is the starter for the Epilogue of Advent of War! In the header of the first post, I have listed some writers with present characters, but if you are a writer with a character that is eligible for bridge duty and may be there as well, please let me know via PM!

So, roughly 1 hour has passed for the crew since the Battle of Qo'noS (for lack of a better name), and many of your characters are likely in sickbay, lol! If someone would be willing to start a group thread for general sickbay scenes, set in either of the three sickbays the Theurgy has, that would be awesome! With this Epilogue starter, we open up for Supplemental threads set between 1900 hrs. and 0800 hrs. on the next day (Day 04). After 0800 hrs. on Day 04, the Interregnum begins, and a separate board will be created later this week for those threads. More Group Thread starters besides the sickbay one will be posted over time as needed in both the Epilogue and the Interregnum. The naming convention for all Supplemental threads (Group or One-on-One) in the Epilogue is EPI: S [D0X|YYYY] Insert Title, wherein X marks the day and YYYY marks the time.

This is just the beginning bridge scene of the Epilogue in this thread, since there will be a list of Story Objectives that will be detailed in an upcoming Newsletter, which covers other facets and settings of this last part of Advent of War and missions therein. The Interregnum board will be set up before the Newsletter come out as well, so that you all can either focus on the direct aftermath of the battles (in the Epilogue), or create threads which are set at a time in which your characters have healed up a bit and there is some shoreleave to be had on Qo'noS for example (in the Interregnum).

SITE UPDATES ABOUND!

I have also been a bit of a busy bee today, so here is the list of pages updated in time for the Interregnum board to be launched this weekend!

CREW MANIFEST & NON-CREW LISTING PAGES
The Crew Manifest is updated with all the comings and goings of officers, promotions and positions dealt. If you have a character/characters affected by these changes, consider this manifest a goal for your continued writing in the beginning of the Interregnum. Your character assuming the listed position is something you can sort out with superior officers, and keep in mind that the Captain does not personally assign a lab assistant in Science, for example. That would be the job of the closest superior officer in each department respectively. This means Departmental Heads report to the First Officer, whom in turn reports to the Captain. Of course that doesn't mean Ives won't personally hand out Departmental Head roles, but it is not mandatory.

Oh, I have updated all the character pages to reflect these changes as well. Rank and positions and departmental colours should be updated, but please let me know if I have missed anything.

LONE WOLVES SQUADRON CHART
The wolf pack has a new chart! Check it out, and as you can see, we have four vacancies to fill over the Interregnum, either with new writers or old writers creating fighter pilots. This ties into the above mentioned thing, in which your pilot character may need training  in their new warp fighter etc.

WANTED POSITIONS
This is also freshly updated, so if you are considering to make a new character, you need to pick from this list. Hopefully you'll find something interesting, and if you think some position is missing in the list, just PM me about it here on the forum.

JOINING THE CREW
This has also been updated with the old onboarding option of arriving to the Theurgy prior to the Battle of the Houses being replaced with a Qo'noS option instead. Otherwise, this ought to be the same as before.

ADVENT OF WAR CALENDAR
I did update the Advent of War calendar too, just to make sure it didn't extend into the upcoming Interregnum.

That's all for now, and I wish you all a happy weekend! Keep an eye out for the next announcement here, in which the Interregnum 01-02 board will go live.

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Simple Audio Video Embedder