Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 364337 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #4725
Hey folks. I just want to ask: does anyone have a thread idea in mind that requires a shuttle pilot during the Qo'nos battle? I'm trying to find something for Lillee to do during this timeframe.

Wanna tag along with Victor and the Hazard Team?

Reply #4726

CHARACTER SURVEY REMINDER

Hi there everyone! Please remember to send in your character surveys if you want my help finding writing partners. It’s also a great chance to let me help you achieve that which you want to happen with your character(s) during Interregnum 01-02. Today is the last day to send it in, but it will take me another couple of days to compile the results and match writers by converging interests for their characters so there is still some time if you can't make it today. So far, I have 13 replies out of 37.

Remember to add a note next to all the names you keep in the list in which you detail what kind of scene/story you want to write in the pairing with your own character, since that will give both you and the other writer something to build upon in your brainstorming. If you forgot to do that in your survey result, there is still time to amend this by submitting an updated version. Also keep in mind that the survey is about opening up for new plans and write with new people rather than some kind of report about plans you already have, but no worries, replies like that will be great to read as well since it creates context overall for future character development. :)

Moreover, the story have a couple of questions about the site and I welcome feedback and suggestions on improvements.

Hope this finds you all well and that you're having a great weekend! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4727
Hello all. As some of you know, I am a healthcare worker in RL. Unfortunately I've had my life turned a bit upside down (as with many in the world) dealing with a third COVID wave. I will likely be distant in the coming weeks (possibly longer). Have already fell well behind on keeping up on character posts / threads. If you do need Vinata for any reason, do reach out through PM, and I will certainly try my best to contribute. Hope to be back in action sooner rather than later. Until then - I wish you all good health. Keep safe.
Ens. Vinata Vojona - Head Nurse
[Show/Hide]

Reply #4728

CLOSING TIME, LAST CALL! | CHARACTER SURVEY REMINDER

Hi there everyone! Sunday was the last day to send in your Character Surveys, but since a couple of writers have let me know they still intend to submit theirs, but can't make it until Friday, there is still a chance to submit yours if you haven't had the time for it. Any replies missing as of Saturday will not be accounted for, any pairings or requests forfeit as the results are sent out to the sim. The results are compiled in an excel sheet and I won't have time to resend the results to the affected recipients. As of now, I am merely missing 14 surveys.

Remember to add a note next to all the names you keep in the list in which you detail what kind of scene/story you want to write in the pairing with your own character, since that will give both you and the other writer something to build upon in your brainstorming. If you forgot to do that in your survey result, there is still time to amend this by submitting an updated version.

Hope you all are having a great day! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4729

10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!

Greetings Theurgists, new and old!  :)

Speaking of "old", our sim celebrates its 10 year anniversary today, counting from the very first In-Character post!

Well, I spent the better part of the day sending out Personal Messagds to you all with the results of the Character Survey. It took hours, but you should all have messages in your inboxes now in which I've compiled with names and ideas for future threads!  (L)

I've also been handling a couple of Applicants and time ran away from me, so between those messages and work, I couldn't come up with any fancy anniversary art or other idea, but I might squeeze in some kind of celebratory thing soon. I'd hoped to finish the Thea Refit Project by now, but our ship will have to get its new look officially whenever she's complete.

I can give you something, actually, and it's the name of Thea's next XO... though with not so much of a surprise to tie a bow around it. It's Natalie Stark, having shown herself ready and able to lead under duress, proving her merit during the Battle of the Houses. [Show/Hide]

As for Chief of Operations, most won't remember this, but the USS Harbinger had a highly skilled woman not just leading the Operations Department but also Engineering at the time before Captain Vasser's hostile takeover. Being an unlikely candidate for such a position to begin with, field promoted with provisional ranks twice in our story because of her unique skillset, she is the logical choice in many respects, but primarily because of her close familiarity and understanding of Thea's systems - herself actually able to digitally tune into the ship with her cybernetic implants. It will be Selena Ravenholm! [Show/Hide]
They will both be getting their promotions after Episode 01: Advent of War is over, likely in the Epilogue, along with other potential shifts in the crew roster.

Congratulatikns are in ordered, and I hope you found the Charactef Survey results worthwhile. Now, I log off. G'night!

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4730
Congrats on the promotions Natalie and Selena.
I hope Brutus and ChXinya enjoy the new opportunities that come with these new roles.

And a massive congratulations to Auctor and Theurgy as a whole. Ten years is a massive achievement. I look forward to being here for the 20 year anniversary.

Reply #4731
Happy Birthday USS Theurgy!

What you all have done here over the years,, especially you @Auctor Lucan , is really an amzing and outstanding example of collborative creativity. I am proud to be a part of it and look forward to many years of fun with all of you!

Congratulations as well to our new XO and our new Chief of Operations. I can't wait to see Natalie and Selena in those positions. Well done!
Lt JG Sorek Morgan
[Show/Hide]
PO2 Kino Taer
[Show/Hide]

Reply #4732
Happy Birthday @Thea  (B)

That is some outstanding work and commitment you guys brought up onto yourselfs. I appriciate it and I hope for the next ten year where I'll try my best to be a part of. Keep up the good work and have fun writing.

Also congratilations to @Brutus an @chXinya for your promotions.

Reply #4733
Wow! Happy Birthday Theurgy!

Pretty awesome milestone! Big congratulations to everyone!  @Auctor Lucan ten years is an incredible achievement, here is to ten more.

Excited to see @Brutus and @chXinya writing Natalie and Selena in their new positions as well!

Reply #4734
HERE BE YE OLDE MUG BADGES!

I realised something today, and that's how over the first part of this year, a few members have earned a prestigious Award. Namely, the Ye Olde Mug Badge!

Those who have been actively writing in the sim for over 3 continuous years have earned this badge, and aside from those who already have it, here are the new recipients! :)

@Griff  

Congratulations, Theurgists! Now, it's just two more continuous years until you earn the Ye Olde Mug of the Ancients Badge! :)

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4735
We need to write Thea a drunk program. muahahahaha! Happy birthday Thea!
[Show/Hide]
Lieutenant JG Adam Kingston, Master-at-Arms, (Vector 03 Security) Profile Clickie

[Show/Hide]
Lieutenant/Dr Elro Kobol, Chief Medical Officer, (Vector 02 Medical) Profile Clickie

Reply #4736
I am a bit behind due to some emotional issues and a bunch of last minute applications for internships, but will catch up on outstanding threads ASAP!  :)
Really enjoying writing a halfway stable character for once...

Reply #4737

PLEASE WELCOME ELLEN FITZ, OUR NEWEST THEURGIST!

Today, @Ellen Fitz joins us, and they will be writing Enyd Isolde Madsen, who will eventually end up an Asst. Chief Diplomatic Officer! :)

Lt. Enyd Isolde Madsen              Asst. Chief Diplomatic Officer (V2)

- Writer:
@Ellen Fitz

Enyd comes aboard during Episode 01: Advent of War, the evening before the Battle of the Houses. Just like Valyn Marik and Amanda Ashby, she arrived on the IKS Kajunpak't, so this character's inaugural posts will likely in this thread. We'll see what kind of role she's played during the Battle of the Houses, and what she'll later do when the Theurgy has arrived to Qo'noS.

Welcome aboard, @Ellen Fitz ! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4745
Welcome @Ellen Fitz ! Another new member!
Lt. JG Amissa | Fighter Pilot, Callsign "Emerald", USS Theurgy
[Show/Hide]

Reply #4746
Congrats and welcome to the SIM @Ellen Fitz! I hope your stay here is a fun one.

If there's anything I can do to help you settle in, please feel free to reach out and ask.

Reply #4747
Hello and welcome!  :)
Really enjoying writing a halfway stable character for once...

Simple Audio Video Embedder