Star Trek: Theurgy

Out-of-Character Message Boards => Main OOC Board => Topic started by: Auctor Lucan on May 08, 2021, 11:40:49 PM

Title: Character Survey 2021 | Questions 3 & 4
Post by: Auctor Lucan on May 08, 2021, 11:40:49 PM

CHARACTER SURVEY 2021 | QUESTIONS 3 & 4

(https://orig00.deviantart.net/06af/f/2018/040/e/8/untitled_drawing_by_auctor_lucan-dc2minc.png)

Today, as the extended time to submit your Character Surveys have come to an end, I am posting the public compilation of your replies to Questions 3 and 4. I have made sure to remove character names so that your replies here are made anonymous. :)

First, I will list all the replies and give my answers (to those which needs answering), and at the bottom I will summarise the findings in terms of requested Story Objectives as well as Site Improvements. This thread will, of course, be open for further discussions about these findings, giving opportunity for clarifications and follow-up questions.

The next phase in dealing with the results of the Character Survey will be for me to compile individual Personal Messages in which you all find out who - at the time of the Survey - had ideas for pairing their character(s) with yours. That being said, I want to stress that even if you might not have too many names and ideas listed in the inbound messages, keep in mind that the turnout of the survey is not any kind of index on how many Theurgists it is that wishes to write with you, or how interesting your character is, but how many ideas there were for a pairing at that specific time. Some writers have also explicitly chosen to restrict the number of ideas because of RL commitments taking up their time.

Anyway, here are the results for Questions 3 and 4!

3. Is there anything you would like to add as a Story Objective during Interregnum 01-02? Do you have any ideas that you would like to share in order to enrich this new phase in the story of the Theurgy?

SUMMARY OF POSSIBLE STORY OBJECTIVES

TL:DR version, here are the ideas for Story Objectives that have a lot of potential for Interregnum 03-04! That being said, as I have stated a couple of times already, ideas and development doesn't have to be Story Objectives.

Quote from: Recent Newsletter
Keep in mind that the Story Objectives does not have to be essential to story progression either. They are merely a fun idea box for possible things that can be illustrated. The Story Objectives should never be considered the sole means to depict story development, nor the main Chapter threads. If people won't write threads unless there are Tokens attached to them, then I will simply have to remove the Story Tokens, since such a development would hamper the generation of content and progression. What you guys write - what threads you guys start - all of that content which you depict - is- our story!

So, it will be decided on a case-to-case basis if these will generate Story Tokens, or if they will simply have to be dealt with in accordance with interest from the writers to write such content for the story. I refuse to find myself in a position where I have to "pay" writers with Story Tokens to generate any story content and should I find that is the case, I will scrap the Story Objectives and be perfectly content without it. I knew from the start that introducing Tokens was a risk, and unless writers start to take on story development without Token payment, the experiment ends, so I suggest you all stop focusing on these as much as you already are.

In any case, if there are any Story Objectives going forward, here is the condensed list of interest stated in the Survey!

4. Lastly, is there anything you'd like added to the site, that you feel would be of benefit for the sim?

Next are the Site Improvements! Less input here, since many are happy with the sim and the wiki, but there were some great ideas!

SUMMARY OF POSSIBLE SITE IMPROVEMENTS

I'm adding something that was brought up for Story Objectives, and it's the rumour listings at the top of the summary below. :)

That's it for Questions 3 and 4! Next step for me, besides the discussion that may follow in this thread, is to compile the individual Personal Messages that will be directed towards individual character development and pairings with other writers! I will be working on sending these out over the coming days, since they are individually tailored for all Theurgists whom replied to the Character Survey.   (L)

Best,

Auctor Lucan
Simple Audio Video Embedder