Star Trek: Theurgy

Star Trek: Theurgy Anthologies => Director's Cut => Topic started by: Fife on August 13, 2018, 06:23:20 PM

Title: 2378/USS Cayuga: New Friends and Fresh Starts
Post by: Fife on August 13, 2018, 06:23:20 PM
[ PO1 Ekon Okotie-Eboh | Shuttle Bay | Starbase 74 | 2378 ] @Nolan

Petty Officer 1st Class Ekon Okotie-Eboh strode through the shuttle bay towards the waiting shuttlecraft, his duffle bag slung over his shoulder. That single large duffle contained everything he owned, Ekon having gotten into the habit of travelling light over the years.

Ekon found himself filled with a mixture of emotions as he neared the shuttlecraft. He was eager to get back aboard a starship, having spent the last three years on Earth at Starfleet Academy. It would be good to be on the move again. He was looking forward to seeing the Cayuga. It was a newer vessel, an Iroquois-Class long range explorer, and would be the most advanced vessel he had served aboard during his 30 years in Starfleet. His anticipation was tainted by shame and disappointment, however. He had spent the last three years as a Cadet at the Academy, only to have his anger ruin things yet again. He had been kicked out of the Academy after assaulting another Cadet in a bar. The drunken Cadet had been feeling up Ekon’s friend, and not in a welcome manner. Ekon had lost his temper yet again, and the resulting assault had been the straw that broke the proverbial camel’s back.

And so it was that Ekon returned to active duty aboard a starship not as an Officer, but as an NCO. The though left a bitter taste in his mouth.

Ekon approached the young Ensign who stood next to the shuttle’s open hatch. The Ensign wore a yellow uniform and held a PADD which Ekon knew would be displaying a list of names destined for the Cayuga. Ekon stopped as he came to stand before the Ensign, giving the officer a neutral look. The Ensign was regarding him with disinterest, no doubt feeling that his present duty was beneath him.

”Petty Officer First Class Ekon Okotie-Eboh, assigned to Operations aboard the Cayuga, sir.” Eboh watched as the Ensign checked the list on his PADD. He was the Ensign nod to himself, then raise his gaze towards Ekon again.

“Eboh, good. We’re just waiting for one more. The shuttle is scheduled to depart in ten minutes.” The Ensign reported in a bored tone, nodding his head to the side to direct Ekon to board the shuttle. “Get yourself aboard, PO.”

”Yes, sir.” Ekon replied in a neutral tone, not wanting to give away his annoyance. The Human Ensign looked as though he was in his early 20s, only a quarter of Ekon’s age. Just a kid, as far as Ekon was concerned. One who thought he deserved to be having adventures rather than performing mundane tasks like this one.

It’s not all space battles and first contacts, Ensign. Ekon thought as he moved past the Ensign and made for the shuttle’s hatch.

Ekon put the Ensign out of his mind as he clambered aboard the shuttle and stowed his duffle with those of the other transferring crewmen’s before taking a seat in the shuttle’s passenger compartment. The shuttle was mostly full, with the only empty seats being the two foremost seats along the port wall. Ekon seated himself in the end seat, sighing and leaning his head against the bulkhead behind him. As he waited for the final arrival and the shuttle’s departure, Ekon looked around the shuttle’s interior and took in the various faces of those around him. There was an Andorian male in a red tactical uniform sitting immediately across from Ekon, and a Bolian science officer sitting to the Andorian’s left. The two were in the midst of a heated debate about something, though Eboh couldn’t be bothered to figure out what they were talking about.

Ekon turned his head to look along the shuttle at the rest of the occupants just in time to see a woman in a yellow uniform boarding the shuttle, doubtless the final crewmember they had been waiting for. She was slender, with a caramel skin tone and a mass of curly hair that seemed to border on unruly. Ekon watched as the woman deposited her duffle with the others and made her way to the seat immediately beside him. Ekon nodded to his attractive new neighbour but said nothing, the anger and disappointment of being kicked out of the Academy still weighing heavily on his mind and leaving him in no mood to be the one to start a conversation.
Title: Re: 2378/USS Cayuga: New Friends and Fresh Starts
Post by: Nolan on August 13, 2018, 09:00:51 PM
[ PO 3rd class Kythalie Benmual | Shuttle Bay | Starbase 74 | 2378 ] @Fife

Ten minutes left... Kythalie had to rush as she sprinted her way through the shuttle bay. The transfer off the Resolve had taken a bit longer than expected and it left her schedule rather jumbled up. Her boots clacking over the deck before she came to a full stop at a more than bored ensign that looked her over. She could already feel the vibe he was radiating, boredom... Until he eyed here and whole set of new emotions flowed through him. Perhaps it wasn't fair of her to have her telepathic barriers down and soak up the emotions floating around the bay. The petty officer made eye contact with the man as he had finished looking her legs up and down and following the contours of her skirted uniform. She had to bite down on the comment if he had seen anything he'd like. This was a new ship, she wasn't sure how people would react to her vibrant yet loose behavior.

"Petty officer third class Kythalie Benmual, security, reporting for duty sir." she announced to the man with a warm smile as he nodded at her, returning a smile at her "Good to have you with us petty officer. I was afraid you'd be late." he said. "Apologies sir, ship transfer procedures were a bit delayed." The man followed her in the shuttle, shamelessly eyeing her rear. She had picked up on the flurry of emotions coursing through him and she might've added a bit more sway to her hips because of it as she stored her duffel bag in the designated area along with the rest of the new crew members stuff.

She gave the ensign one last look before she marched down the aisle and went to the available seat. She sat herself down as the minds of everyone else in the shuttle began to trickle in. She closed her eyes and raised her barriers as it was time to play it fair and for the sake of not drowning in the thoughts and emotions of everyone around her.  Once her barriers were up she looked around her slowly, looking to her fellow passenger besides her, giving him a warm smile as he simply nodded at her.

She looked at the rest of the crew, the ensign moving up to the front of the shuttle as she observed the Andorian and the Bolian as they still seemed very much stuck on a particular discussion. She pushed some of her hair out of her face as she could feel a strong set of emotions close by, despite her raised barriers they seemed to radiate from besides her.

Her eyes went back to the dark skinned man beside her. She looked him over as she allowed her barriers to drop just a little bit more to get a proper read of him. Oh how her teachers would scold her for doing such a thing. Probing one's mind without permission or knowledge of it. She was careful about it, not reading him entirely yet trying to recognize the emotions he was pulsing. Anger and disappointment... But why? She could reach in further to find out yet she decided to do things the old fashioned way, they way they taught her to make proper contact.

She extended her hand to him as her smile had never left her lips "Kythalie Benmual, security. Nice to meet you." she said with a soft tone to her voice as she looked at Ekon. Her eyes flashing to his rank "Sir." she added to her sentence as he did outrank her technically. Though most NCO's she served with had never really pulled rank on each other before instead when in dire situations. Her eyes rested on his face, exploring his facial features before coming to a stop at his eyes.

The ship slowly pushed itself out of the shuttle bay in the meantime as the inertia dampers kicked in and she could look out the window on Ekon's side as she could see the edge of the starbase they had been in. It was always a beautiful sight to behold yet what she really wanted to see were those stars. Her eyes shifted for a second to the view "Never gets old does it." she whispered as she nodded to the viewport.
Post by: Fife on August 13, 2018, 10:10:06 PM
[ PO1 Ekon Okotie-Eboh | Transport Shuttle en route to the USS Cayuga | 2378 ] @Nolan

Ekon was a little startled when the woman who now sat next to him introduced herself, having become lost in his own thoughts. He turned his attention back to her now, finding his brown-eyed gaze meeting the black orbs of a Betazoid.

”It is nice to meet you, Kythalie Benmual. Although there is no need to call me sir.” Ekon spoke in a precise manner, and with a deep voice that carried a heavy Nigerian accent. He gave the Betazoid a half-hearted smile as he continued. ”I am Ekon Okotie-Eboh, although most people find my name to be a mouthful, and simply call me Eboh. I work in operations. It is a pleasure to meet you.”

Ekon was, in fact, pleased to meet her, though her use of the title “sir” had stung somewhat. While not in any way improper, it brought to mind his rank, and was yet another reminder of the fact that he was heading back out to space as a Petty Officer rather than an Ensign. Ekon supposed he would have to get used to the idea eventually.

”Never gets old, does it.” Kythalie’s words pulled Ekon out of his thoughts once more. He turned his attention to where she was looking, gazing out of the window at the stars that had come into view as the shuttle departed the Starbase.

”No, it never does gets old.” Ekon agreed, the view of the vastness of space punctuated only by the pinpricks of light seeming to help wash the shame and sadness from his heart. ”I have served in Starfleet for over 30 years, and this sight never ceases to take my breath away…” Ekon’s gaze lingered on the view outside the shuttle for a moment before he turned it back to Kythalie. He had instinctively noted the rank on her collar before, and now he studied her face. She had a pretty face, youthful and slender, with full lips. Her hair still seemed somewhat unruly up close, though now he could make out the tight curls of her dark locks. He found her black eyes were staring back at him, and he met them with a level gaze and another smile. He had always been somewhat hesitant around Betazoids, not because of their telepathic abilities but rather because he found their eyes difficult to read. Kythalie’s were no different, the black of her eyes seemed like deep, inky pools which gave little to read as far as emotions. Not to say he disliked Betazoids. He’d spent several years aboard a Ferengi smuggling vessel, and once you learned to get along with (or at least tolerate) Ferengi, you could get along with almost anyone. The fact that this particular Betazoid was quite an attractive young woman was not lost on Ekon, though he had stopped basing his opinions on people’s appearances a long time ago. Ekon guessed that she was around the same age as the Ensign outside the shuttle that he had thought of as a “just a kid”.

If you keep this up, you’re going to become an old man, Eboh. He thought to himself, then chuckled silently. He was all too aware that, by the standards of many races, he was an old man. He absently wondered if the Betazoid was paying attention to his emotional state and guessed that, if she was, then she might be a bit curious about the mixture of emotions that were running through him.

”So tell me, Kythalie. Where did you serve before you transferred to the Cayuga?” Ekon asked, trying to focus himself. He genuinely wished to know, having always been curious to learn of the experiences of others. An old friend had once told him it must be the “listener” in him, a reference to his El-Aurian side. Ekon wasn’t sure if his friend had been correct, but he supposed that was one way to explain it.
Post by: Nolan on August 13, 2018, 10:41:31 PM
[ PO 3rd class Kythalie Benmual | Shuttle | En route to USS Cayuga | 2378 ] @Fife 

She laughed softly as he told her his name, how many found it to be a mouthful. She noted the distinct accent that was heavy on his voice. The fact that she didn't have to call him a sir was like music to her ears as she could feel the feelings in him dissipate partly. As he introduced himself as a member of operations she nodded slightly before joined her look out to the stars. She was however surprised as he mentioned he had served in the fleet for over thirty years! He really didn't look that old.

"Over thirty years? I take it you're not Terran?" she asked him calmly as she sensed the strongest emotions subsiding. She raised her barriers once more as she'd just enjoy the chat for now with the dark skinned man. "I'm from Betazed myself, if the eyes hadn't given it away." she laughed softly and she bit her lower lip before looking away for a second. It didn't take long before her eyes latched back onto his. The Andorian and Bolian had stopped their discussion to admire the sights, both outside of the shuttle as inside. Kythalie didn't mind as her focus laid on the man seated besides her.

Her black orbs kept studying the man as he posed a question of his own now "Oh, I served on the Elkins and the Resolve." she informed him "What about you?" she asked furthermore while the shuttle made its approach to the Cayuga. "Ladies and gentleman we are on final approach to the USS Cayuga. We'll be disembarking in 10 minutes." said the pilot from the cockpit.
Post by: Fife on August 15, 2018, 12:14:18 AM
[ PO1 Ekon Okotie-Eboh | Transport Shuttle en route to the USS Cayuga | 2378 ]

Ekon didn’t need to be a telepath to know the Betazoid was surprised at the number of years he had served, though she reacted far more calmly than most people did. He knew that there was nothing to physically mark him as anything but Human, and that few suspected him of being anything but Terran upon first meeting him. If he was being honest, he rather enjoyed seeing people’s reactions to the news.

”Half Terran, actually.” Ekon said with a smile. ”My mother was El-Aurian, though I was raised on Earth.” Ekon smiled as Kythalie mentioned Betazed. She bit her lower lip and glanced away, then returned his gaze to his, leaving him curious about the gesture. ”Yes, those eyes of yours gave you away the moment I saw them.” He kept his own eyes locked on the black pools of the Betazoid's as he spoke, and a deep rumble sounded in his chest as he chuckled, the smile spreading further across his face.

As she told him the ships she had served on before, he once again reflected that he was an old man compared to her. As she asked him where he had served prior to being assigned to the Cayuga, the pilot announced that they would be docking with the Cayuga in the next ten minutes. Once the pilot had finished speaking, Ekon began to answer her question.

”I spent the last three years at Starfleet Academy before I was assigned to the Cayuga. I served aboard the Hiroshima before that.” Ekon paused for a moment. ”I was… unsuccessful… at the Academy, so they reinstated my rank of Petty Officer and sent me on my way.” He chuckled again, giving her a shy grin before glancing down and shaking his head. After a moment he returned his gaze to hers. ”It is a long story. And one I would prefer not to tell in such a crowded place.” As if to help make his point, the Bolian sitting across from them broke out in a loud bout of laughter at something the Andorian had said, the sound filling the cramped space within the shuttle. Ekon glanced at the blue fellow for a moment before turning his attention back to Kythalie. He had noticed her legs earlier when he had glanced down, and now found himself fighting the urge to turn his gaze down at the slender limbs which extended from Kythalie’s hemline once more.

Get a hold of yourself Eboh. You’re old enough to be her grandfather! Ekon scolded himself internally, though he made sure to keep his face neutral. The thought then occurred to him that keeping his face neutral held no guarantee of masking whatever thoughts we going through his head, since the young woman in question was, in fact, a telepath.

”I'll tell you what, Petty Officer Benmual." Ekon said, his playful tone making it plain that his use of her rank was not in any way formal. "I'll tell you all about it later, if you like," He grinned now, his eyes still stuck on he inky black orbs that were Kythalie's eyes. "But it will cost you a drink."
Post by: Nolan on August 15, 2018, 10:23:03 AM
[ PO 3rd class Kythalie Benmual | Shuttle | En route to USS Cayuga | 2378 ] @Fife  

"El-Aurian... My my." she snickered as she never really met one before,that she knew of at least. As he acknowledged that her eyes were a dead give away to her origins, Kythalie couldn't help but laugh and feel her cheeks redden slightly. Which gave quite a extraordinary effect to see that pink/reddish blush on her darker skin. The Petty officer however seemed to smile only brighter to her.

As Ekon began to talk about his residence in the Academy she smiled and figured since he wasn't wearing pips that something must've gone unplanned. She didn't pry as she let the man talk further, noting though his aptitude to talk about it rather openly. His eyes did find a way back to hers as he mentioned it would be a long story, one he wouldn't speak of in a crowded space. The loud laugh of the Bolian made Kythalie drift her eyes over to him before she gave an understanding nod with a sly smile on her features.

She hadn't caught on to the looks Ekon had given to her legs, nor did her barriers allow to read his fighting urge to gaze down the hemline of her skirt to follow her limbs once more. Her eyes shot back to Ekon as he was seemingly considering something, despite the effort to keep his face as neutral as possible. Being in security meant that Kythalie was trained to read people's faces and body language. Sure her telepathic gifts came in like a present for the job, yet the training she'd undergone did train her in picking things up without her gift.

The playful tone of the semi El-Aurian made her smile a little brighter as he addressed her by rank and name. He told her he'd talk about it later to her, yet that the price would be set on owing him a drink. The security officer shook her head as she laughed, her lush black locks extending the momentum of her shakes and waving a little before they settled down. "You drive a hard bargain petty officer Okotie-Eboh." she said with a soft tone as her eyes gazed back in his brown orbs. She seemed to be thinking over his suggestion, letting him hang in the moment just for a few seconds. Her mind had already made up on the answer as he had suggested it, yet there was no foul in having some fun with the man as he seemed quite eager to be playful around her.

"When would you like to cash in on that drink?" she asked with a rather sultry tone, leaving it up to the dark skinned man if it were on purpose or not. Her eyes remained locked wit his before the shuttle rocked slightly as it entered the Cayuga. It only took them moments for the ship to be properly landed and the ensign that had boarded him instructed them to disembark and to report to the quartermaster for their bunks. Kythalie gave the man next to her a wink before she stood up and collected her duffel bag. She waited just outside the shuttle for Ekon to stroll with him to the quartermaster.
Post by: Fife on August 15, 2018, 11:56:10 PM
[ PO1 Ekon Okotie-Eboh | Shuttle Bay | USS Cayuga | 2378 ] @Nolan

Kythalie had blushed as he mentioned her eyes, the flushing of her caramel skin having added a glow to her face. Then she had asked him when he wanted to go for that drink, speaking in a rather alluring tone, the sound seeming to make Ekon’s heart race slightly.

"How about tonight, if neither of us pull a night shift?" Ekon suggested, hoping his voice didn't betray his lack of calm.

The Betazoid continued to stare into his eyes as the shuttle touched down, and Ekon found himself unable to break the eye contact. Staring into the Betazoid’s eyes reminded him of looking into the vastness of space, and he found himself temporarily captivated. Kythalie added a wink to the mix before she rose to collect her duffle and strode from the shuttle.

Ekon remained in his seat and watched her leave, taking a moment to appreciate her figure as she moved. Ekon couldn’t help but notice that her shapely legs were just as appealing from behind, as was the rest of her slender frame. He waited a few moments more as the rest of the shuttle’s passengers collected their belongings and filed out, taking a deep breath and shaking his head slowly.

What have you gotten yourself into, Eboh? Ekon thought to himself and he finally rose from his seat. He hunched over as he moved through the shuttle, pausing to collect his duffle and sling it over his shoulder before he stepped out of the transport and onto the deck of the Cayuga’s shuttle bay. Now free of the confines of the shuttle, Ekon straightened and stretched his back, rolling his broad shoulders. Then he noticed Kythalie had hung back, standing not far from him. Now that they were standing, Ekon realized she was shorter than he had thought, her slender figure having made her seem taller than she actually was. Now Ekon found he stood over half a foot taller than Kythalie, her small stature serving to make her seem even more alluring while at the same time somehow reminding him of how much older than her he was.

You're still a young man by El-Aurian standards, Eboh Ekon silently told himself as he moved towards the waiting dark-eye beauty. Then why do I feel like a dirty old man? He asked himself before pushing the thoughts away to the recesses of his mind.

”Either I am a very lucky man, to have such a beautiful woman waiting for me…” Ekon began, giving the Betazoid a sly glance. ”Or security is already after me for something.” Ekon gave Kythalie a smile. ”So am I to enjoy the pleasure of your company on the way to the quartermaster? Or to the brig?” Ekon asked, giving her a wink as another deep chuckle rumbled in his chest.
Post by: Nolan on August 16, 2018, 11:13:30 AM

The first class petty officer surely played things close as he suggested to share a drink together tonight. It made her giggle lightly as she seemingly thought it over before nodding "I think I can make that work. Dress attire?" she asked suggestively with a grin on her lips.

Whilst waiting for the petty officer, Kythalie breathed in the first impressions of the Cayuga. A state of the art ship and different from the action she was used to. She didn't mind some downtime and more trivial tasks in security though as the impressions left on her with the USS Elkins had left their marks. Especially the fighting over Betazed and the aftermath of it had scarred Kythalie mentally. Those thoughts however were pushed aside as Ekon appeared out of the shuttle. Kythalie hadn't exected him to be this tall as she sized him up before chuckling as he flexed his muscles by stretching.

As he did his best seemingly to charm her the security officer began to laugh as she shook her head "Well, my PADD did just get updated about a looming threat." she teased as she strolled with him on their way to the quartermaster. She looked up at him as she smiled "I can give you some privacy if you'd rather walk alone to the quartermaster?" she grinned "Or is there a particular reason why you're so interested in the brig?" she toyed with him as she hadn't expected to get this loose with the new crew.

Then again, Kythalie always had been easy to interact with. On all her previous stations people had seemingly enjoyed her company and character. Be it for friendship, camaraderie or amorous entanglements. She thrived in the social contact with others and she had a good feeling about being aboard the Cayuga. Eventually they arrived at the quartermaster and they were given their designated bunks. "Where do you need to go?"  Kythalie asked Ekon as she had received a PADD from the quartermaster with instructions on how to get to her quarters and to whom she needed to report in the security center to get clearance.
Post by: Fife on August 18, 2018, 05:22:22 AM

Eboh laughed as Kythalie asked if he had an interest in the brig, glancing down at his companion as they walked towards the waiting quartermaster.

”I would not go so far as to say I have a particular interest in the brig.” Ekon said, giving her a shy half-smile. ”Though it could be said that, in the past, I have had a passing familiarity with such places.” Ekon looked up just in time to dodge out of the way of an excited Trill in a teal uniform who went running between them, almost barreling straight into Eboh as she passed.

Eboh gave Kythalie a wide eyed look as they continued walking the last few meters to the quartermaster. Eboh motioned for Kythalie to go ahead, waiting his turn to report to the man handing out assignments. Eboh nodded to the quartermaster in thanks as the man handed him a PADD with his bunk and duty assignments. He glanced down at his PADD, looking over the displayed data as Kythalie asked where he needed to go.

”I suppose where I need to go would depend on what happens next.” Ekon said, stepping to the side to allow the next person to receive their PADD before tapping several commands into his PADD to look over the layout of the ship. ”Let’s see… my quarters are on Deck 12… the Operations offices are on Deck 3...” Ekon read aloud, a cheeky smile playing across his features as he spoke. “The lounge is on Deck 10 and… the brig is on Deck 4.” Ekon raised his brown-eyed gaze to meet the deep black pools of her eyes. ”So if I am going to drop my bag off, then I need to go to deck 12. If you’re looking for an excuse to put me in restraints, then it’s off to deck 4 we go.” Ekon gave the caramel woman a wink as he chuckled and tucked the PADD under his arm.

”However, I have the sneaking suspicion that they will expect us to report for duty before we do anything else. And I’m not sure ending up in the brig within minutes of stepping aboard will give my new CO the best impression…” Mock regret could be heard in Eboh’s deep voice as he spoke. ”So unless you’re heading to deck 12 as well, I suspect we will have to arrange to meet later tonight.”
Post by: Nolan on August 20, 2018, 04:02:18 PM
[ PO 3rd class Kythalie Benmual | Shuttle | USS Cayuga | 2378 ] @Fife 

"I need to head to deck 11." she mentioned "Or well, that's where my quarters are at least." she chuckled before she looked back at Ekon. The idea of restraining Ekon did make the Betazoid think twice about the offer as a glint of it crossed her eyes and mind.

As he told her where some of the things were on the ship she nodded as they made their way to the turbolift. "I suppose I can ride along with your lift before I have to hop off on my deck." she grinned as they made their way over to the lifts. "A meeting will be for later tonight, petty officer." she grinned before her PADD chimed. She looked down at it and swiped through the screens before she read the message "Oh, apparently I need to head to the security center at once. Chief of Security wants to have a talk with me." she murmured as she frowned.

She looked into his brown eyes before she laughed "Maybe it's the arrest order to restrain you as you clearly wouldn't seem to mind." she gave him a playful wink back before she stopped walking "Either way, I'll contact you for tonight if the planning changes. Lets say the lounge at 20.00?" she suggested. Once having heard his order she saluted to him with a sheepish grin before she strode off to take a different lift to the security center.
Post by: Fife on August 27, 2018, 05:16:55 PM

”The lounge at 20:00 it is.” Ekon agreed as the Betazoid gave him a salute and a sheepish grin. ”Or the Brig in the next hour or so, depending on when that order comes in.” He chuckled as the Betazoid moved off. He lingered there a few moments longer, enjoying the view as he watched the retreating form of Kythalie as the attractive young Betazoid made her way to the lift.

After a moment Ekon shook his head and turned to make his way out of the shuttle bay as well, wondering what he was getting himself into.

Stop thinking about things like you are an old man, Eboh. He chastised himself as he went, heading off to drop his duffle off at his quarters before heading to the Operations offices to report to his new CO.

[ PO1 Ekon Okotie-Eboh | 19:50hrs. | Warp-Trail Lounge | USS Cayuga | 2378 ]

Eboh had arrived early at the Warp-Trail Lounge, having returned to his quarters long enough to grab a quick shower and change. He had ended up spending hours in the Operations office doing paperwork and meeting the Operations crew of the Cayuga. Now Eboh was looking forward to a relaxing drink in the lounge and, he hoped, some pleasant company.

Assuming Petty Officer Benmual didn’t bail on him.

Eboh had exchanged his uniform for a white shirt and black slacks, glad to be out of his uniform and wearing more comfortable clothing. The large man was now perched on a stool at the bar, leaning with his left elbow resting on the bar top. A glass of water sat on the bar in front of him, the El-Aurian hybrid having decided to wait for his new friend to arrive before ordering anything stronger. The soothing tones of a jazz saxophone drifted through the soft lighting of the lounge, creating a relaxing atmosphere. Ekon gazed across the bar to the far wall, where her could see the tail end of the warp nacelles through the aft-facing viewports.

”Never gets old, does it?” He could almost hear Kythalie’s voice speak the words as he looked out at the stars, again reflecting on the fact that he never grew tired of seeing the stars. Decades spent in space had not yet managed to dull the sense of awe he felt every time he looked out through a viewport, the sight of the points of light amide the darkness still stirring a childlike excitement in him while at the same time calming him and leaving him feeling contented.

Tearing his gaze away from the stars and looking around the lounge, Ekon found he enjoyed the atmosphere of the place, basking in the laid-back feel of the establishment as he waited for 20:00 to arrive, and with it the cheeky Betazoid he had met on the shuttle earlier that day.
Post by: Nolan on August 30, 2018, 10:20:12 AM
[ PO2 Kythalie Benmual | Warp-Trail Lounge | USS Cayuga | 2378 ] @Fife

A rushed pace through the corridors and her eyes moving from viewport to viewport. Kythalie was running late as she had spent a bit too much time talking to her new bunk mate. Introductions and getting to know one another was a fun process, yet it had left the Betazoid with little time to grab a sonic shower and prepare for the meeting with the Operations petty officer. Plus this ship was so different lay out wise compared to the Resolve. Finally she saw the entrance to the lounge!

Arriving a bit late to the lounge, Kythalie looked around to see where the chocolate skinned man had taken place. Kythalie had switched her standard uniform outfit for something easier as well as she appeared in a see through fabric shirt which left little to imagination as one could see her bra through it. Under that she wore a pair of soft pants made out of a satin like texture. It felt soft to the touch and wore comfortably unlike the Starfleet pants which felt awfully rugged. A pair of black sandals topped the outfit off as she fiddled with her fingers before spotting Eboh.

She made her way to him giving him a kiss on the cheek with her lips before sitting down at the table and smiling "Sorry I'm a bit late." she apologized before she looked at Ekon "Had some stuff to take care of first. How was your first day?"  she asked as she kept the conversation going and adjusted into her seat. She ruffled her hand through her hair as it just moved all over the place again.

She listened to his developments and laughed softly before she nodded, her eyes trained on him. "Shall we get a drink first? Maybe a snack? I sort of forgot to eat..." she admitted with a cheeky grin. Kythalie's day had been rather full as well as she had been granted the rank of Petty Officer second class upon arrival after a recommendation from aboard the Resolve. This really made her day as it had already started splendidly by earning herself a new friend perhaps with Ekon. Plus, it sort of made her feel like celebrating a little.
Post by: Fife on August 31, 2018, 01:40:10 AM
[ PO1 Ekon Okotie-Eboh | Warp-Trail Lounge | USS Cayuga | 2378 ] @Nolan

Eboh heard the doors to the lounge hiss open and turned his gaze to watch the newcomer enter. He found himself looking at Kythallie Benmual, though the Betazoid had changed out of her uniform and into something more comfortable. Not to mention more alluring. Eboh watched in silent appreciation as Kythalie approached and found himself surprised when she gave him a kiss on the cheek before sitting down beside him. Eboh felt his heart skip a beat, and again found himself glad that his dark skin tone made it difficult for people to see when he was blushing.

Kythalie apologized for being late, though Ekon hadn’t even thought about the fact. Then she asked him how his first day aboard the Cayuga had been, ruffling a hand through her hair as she spoke. Ekon found himself fighting the urge to reach out and run his own hand through the tangle of hair.

”My day was exciting!" Eboh said with mock enthusiasm. "It was filled with paperwork! My favourite thing! Onboarding paperwork, security clearance paperwork, kit allotment paperwork. I almost didn't show up for our date due to all the excitement!” Ekon gave her a wink as chuckled rumbled in his chest. ”The Chief of Operations seems like a good man, though less formal than my last CO. The first thing he asked me was whether or not I liked Andorian ale.” The large man chuckled, and looked at the woman sitting next to him, finding himself mesmerized by the dark pools of her eyes once again.

She suggested a snack, confessing that she forgot to eat. Eboh smiled at her, shaking his head slightly. ”I hope that isn’t a regular habit of yours.” He admonished with a chuckle. ”Why don’t we move to one of the booths? We’ll have a better view of the stars while we see about getting you fed.” Ekon gave Kythalie a wink and rose to his feet, offering her a hand to help her up. Hardly a necessary gesture, of course, but Ekon believed in good manners. It also gave him a reason to touch her, so he wasn’t about to pass up the opportunity. As she stood, Eboh smiled at her again. ”You look lovely, by the way.”

As the two made their way to one of the booths, the back wall of which was dominated by a large viewport looking aft between the top two nacelles, Eboh looked down at Kythalie again. ”How about you? How did your first day aboard the Cayuga treat you?” He asked, distracted by her cheeky grins and deep eyes to the point of almost bumping into a table occupied by two of the Cayuga’s crewmen as they made their way through the room. Eboh muttered an apology as they continued on.

Smooth, Eboh… He told himself, wondering if she could feel the sense of embarrassment he was feeling. Or the sense of thrill he had felt when she had walked in, for that matter. Not that he was overly concerned even if she was reading him. He had nothing to hide.

As they reached the booth Ekon looked down at Kythalie again, giving her a smile and letting Kythalie sit first before sitting down himself. He couldn’t help but smile at the beautiful woman sitting across from him, all the while fighting the urge to run his eyes down over her torso, visible as it was through the shirt she had chosen to wear. As they waited for someone to come take their order, he found himself wondering if she had selected the shirt out of a sense of comfort, or simply to distract him.
Post by: Nolan on September 02, 2018, 12:45:10 PM

She listened to him with interest as he spoke of his exciting day. It made her smile as it was riddled with paperwork and getting the right clearances. As he mentioned he'd almost not make it for their date she laughed and shook her head as she kept chuckling. He spoke of his new CO and she nodded in agreement. This ship was a whole lot more relaxed and lay back in comparison to her previous posting. "Did you take him up for an on duty welcome drink in that case? Or aren't you a fan of Andorian Ale?" she asked with a humored smile on her face. She could see his eyes gazing into hers and she kept looking back in his before breaking contact to look down at her lap.

She shrugged as he hoped it wasn't a regular thing of her to do to skip a meal. In truth it happened from time to time depending on what assignment she was on. Yet she didn't elaborate about it while he suggested to move over to one of the booths. She nodded "I'd love to." she answered him as the excuse to look at the stars was a perfect excuse to seclude themselves from the rest of the lounge. Although it didn't seem like there were a lot of people around. She laughed softly as he complimented her and she returned the favor "You're looking quite good yourself."

He had asked how her day went and Kythalie couldn't help but smirk as she saw the operations officer shave into an occupied table by two other crewmen. He muttered what she imagined was an apology before she nodded at the two crew members. Once they sat down at the booth, she noticed the attempt to not gaze at her torso . She couldn't really blame him if he did peek with the attire she was wearing and she hoped that he at least enjoyed what he saw.

"My day... Well you remember that I had to report myself to Security first right?" she said as she leaned back a bit, making it harder for him to not look at her torso as she placed both her hands behind her head and gazed at the warp trail "Turns out I had to be there to receive a promotion. The Resolve CO I had saw great things in me and I got upped a rank." she smiled as she felt somewhat proud about it. "Other than that, the day was filled with paperwork as well for small arms and the sorts. Going over the procedures of various infractions as they're slightly different from the standard procedures. More information about emergency situations and my task during those. You know, basically what a new security would have to undergo on a ship." she concluded as the conversation was spoken with a soft and gentle tone.

"After that I went to my quarters, installed myself and chit chatted a little with my new bunk mate." she spoke with a warm smile "Hence why I'm late, lost a bit track of time. So I had to shower, change, make up... Everything to look good for a man." she teased before she placed her hands back in front of her on the table. "When's your next shift starting? Expecting anything special during this trip?" she asked as her eyes gazed into his. She had lowered her barriers slightly in order to get a better read on the man. She knew it was cheating a little, but she couldn't help it.
Post by: Fife on September 04, 2018, 04:39:26 AM

Eboh watched as Kythalie leaned back into the seat of the booth, placing her hands behind her head and gazing out at the view as she spoke. As she told him the reason for her reporting to the security offices, Eboh couldn’t help but smile at the obvious pride she took in her promotion, feeling genuinely happy for her. He also took the opportunity to steal a glance at the beautiful Betazoid’s form, unable to stop his eyes trailing down the shapely figure that she was currently displaying in such an enticing manner. He found himself feeling genuinely happy again, though this time her promotion wasn’t the reason. He felt like a little kid sneaking a peek, a small smile creeping across his features as she continued to speak. He listened intently to what she said, while at the same time his eyes took in the view of her black bra and caramel skin through the sheer shirt she wore.

The half El-Aurian couldn’t help but feel a sense of desire as he took in the view she presented, at the same time reflecting on the fact that it was obviously a conscious choice on her part to wear such a garment, which caused him to wonder exactly what she had in mind when she came here this evening. He moved his eyes back up her torso, returning his gaze to her face, seeing that she had quite obviously caught him and his wandering eyes. He gave her a small grin that was almost apologetic. Almost.

As she told him the reason she was late arriving, giving him a warm smile as she did so, Ekon’s face broke out in a broad grin. Her final comment about looking good for a man causing him to let out a rumbling chuckle.

”Well, you certainly do look wonderful, Kythalie. Well worth the wait.” Ekon told her with a wink, adding in a teasing tone, ”So who’s the lucky man?”.

He sat forward as she asked him about his next shift resting his elbows and forearms on the table and interlocking his fingers, his hands resting on the table just inches from her own. He ignored the urge he felt to reach out and take her hand, tempting though the proximity made the idea.

”I’m starting off in everyone’s favourite shift!” Ekon informed her with a grin. ”Night shift tomorrow night! Perhaps I should not have told Lieutenant Mason that I prefer Saurian Brandy to Andorian Ale…” He added with another chuckle.

”As for this trip, I do not know what to expect.” Ekon admitted, ”I have had my share of surprises during my career with Starfleet. I find it best not to expect anything, but rather to simply… take things as they come.” If the Betazoid happened to be sneaking a peak at his emotions or thoughts, she’d find he was referring to this evening as much as his Starfleet career.

One of the serving staff approached the table then, and Ekon heard a feminine voice asking if they wanted anything to eat or drink. Ekon smiled at the server for a brief moment before turning his eyes back to Kythalie’s, feeling a thrill in his chest as his eyes once again met hers.

”Yes, I believe drinks are in order!” Ekon said, glad to be able to share this moment with Kythalie. ”We have a promotion to celebrate!” Ekon unclasped his hands, gesturing to Kythalie. ”Ladies first. What shall we drink to celebrate your rise through the ranks, Petty Officer Second Class Benmual?”
Post by: Nolan on September 04, 2018, 09:44:07 AM

The interaction with the Operations man had been more smoothly and natural than Kythalie thought it would be. She normally wasn't the hardest to get along, yet she was always happy and delighted to find people who matched her personality rather well. As the dark skinned man was eyeing her and eventually got caught in doing so, she could see him grin. Like a kid caught with his hand in a cookie jar. She couldn't help but smirk as she let her dark orbs rest on his.

While he asked who the lucky man was whom she was waiting for she shrugged "I think my head of Security wouldn't mind the outfit. Though he's a bit old." she said back teasingly, being well aware that the man in front of her had quite some years on his record. She had felt the flair of him questioning his age on the shuttle before and she wondered if those emotions would flare up once more so she'd be able to get a decent read out of it. She didn't pursue the answer any further and instead enjoyed in the feeling of letting him guess for the answer, although it would've been quite clear.

She nodded as he mentioned the favorite shift "I don't mind the night shifts really... Great time to catch up on paperwork and the sorts." she added before she laughed about preferring Saurian brandy over Andorian ale. "I think you brought that one down over yourself to be fair Eboh." she grinned as she relaxed into her seat and looked over the dark skinned man subtly.

He shared his insights on what to expect and she could feel the underlying feeling there. Just letting everything just wash over you sounded like a wise life lesson and she nodded slowly "I can live with that creed. Though sometimes one needs to shape their expectations to reach something or somewhere." she answered with a shrug. In hindsight she cursed at herself, that wasn't nowhere near as wise as what the man in front of her had said and she looked down at her lap.

As the waitress came Kythalie looked back up to meet her before she flashed contact with Ekon's eyes. The man seemed far more enthusiastically than she had imagined as he wanted to celebrate her promotion. It made her chuckle as she nodded and took a congratulations from the waitress before she thought about what to order.

"I'll have a Risan white wine please." she ordered before she looked at Ekon. She let him order first before she asked "Any suggestions for a snack we could share?"
Post by: Fife on September 04, 2018, 08:27:59 PM

Ekon chuckled as Kythalie shrugged and made a teasing comment about her department head enjoying her outfit, commenting on his age. Eboh laughed at the comment and leaned back in the booth’s seat. He directed a mock-stern gaze in her direction, his deep voice taking on a teasing tone to match hers.

”As a fellow old man, I feel as though I should defend your poor CO. You youngsters have no respect!” Ekon admonished, the broad grin that spread across his face ruining the effect of the chastising words. Ekon knew that he was most likely older than her CO, and he was very much enjoying her outfit, still having trouble preventing his eyes from trailing down her form and appreciating the fine curves of Kythalie’s figure. Even as the thought went through his head he found his eyes had wandered south once again, tracing down Kythalie’s slender neck and across her collarbone. Ekon mentally kicked himself and brought his eyes back up, glad for the umpteenth time that she most likely couldn’t see his blushing. Then the thought occurred to him that the telepath wouldn’t need to see it to know he was slightly embarrassed by his wandering eyes.

Despite his joking, a small pang of uncertainty had shot through Eboh as he once again reflected on their age difference. He knew that such things were hardly out of the ordinary, especially in Starfleet where so many different species worked in such close proximity to one another, but at the same time it made him slightly nervous. The fact that he hadn’t been involved in any sort of romantic endeavour in the past four years did nothing to help the situation, as he found himself very attracted to the cheeky, wild haired woman sitting across from him. Aside from being very attractive, he also found her quick-witted and clever, with a sharp sense of humour he enjoyed. Her seemingly playful nature made their interactions both easy and enjoyable.

In short, Eboh found himself becoming bewitched by the stunning security NCO.

After Kythalie had ordered her Risian white wine, Ekon glanced back to the waitress. ”I will have a Saurian brandy, please.” He said, giving the waitress a friendly smile before turned his attention back to Kythalie. ”It’s already gotten me into trouble today, apparently…” He said with a chuckle, ”Let’s see what sort of trouble it will get me into tonight.” He gave Kythalie a mischievous wink as he considered her question. ”Why don’t we share something light, like bruschetta, and maybe some baked sea scallops?” Ekon suggested, ”Though we can always swap the scallops for something else if you’re a vegetarian.”

After the waitress retreated, leaving the two of them alone once again, Ekon sat forward in his seat and clasped his hands on the table again, peering at Kythalie with interest in his eyes. He wanted to know more about this alluring woman with eyes like deep pools and unruly hair that he kept fighting the urge to touch.

”So tell me about Kythalie Benmual.” He said, giving her a warm smile. ”What does the beautiful Betazoid do for fun when she’s not making fun of us old men and trying to give us heart attacks with her saucy nature and scandalous fashion?” A teasing tone accompanied the deep bass of his voice and his spoke, the El-Aurian having found himself unable to keep the amusement out of his voice.
Post by: Nolan on September 05, 2018, 02:52:27 PM

Kythalie couldn't help but burst out in laughter as Eboh spoke of old men like her CO and himself. She shook her head as she kept laughing ab it more before she brought her hand to her mouth to hide her smile a little for him, eventually she asked "I'm not sure if I asked... How old exactly are you?" Her eyes kept looking over his features, seemingly soaking in the information she could pry without asking. Although she wasn't probing him in that manner. Not yet anyway...

She didn't need to be a telepath to feel his eyes roaming over body, time after time as he clearly enjoyed the outfit she chose for the evening. Not that she really minded as it sort of was the point of such an outfit to be looked at. Besides the young woman did enjoy the feeling of being wanted and yearned for. Part of Betazoid culture was to have an open minded view upon sexualization and Kythalie had been granted that education wholesomely.

Kythalie observed and sensed the emotions from the party across her. She didn't let it on though as she waited for him to order and she had to smirk and laugh again as he ordered Saurian brandy. As he mentioned that it got him into trouble before today, she nodded and laughed when he added that he'd like to see where it would end him up this time. She first agreed to his suggestion of foods. She wasn't a vegetarian and some Terran once told her that white wine was best mixed with seafood, so she had no objection at all.

Once they were back with just the two of them the security officer elaborated on what kind of trouble the brandy would bring him in tonight. "Well... That depends really... Either the brig for public intoxication. Or perhaps one of our rooms?" Kythalie teased as she hadn't really made up her mind yet as to push this friendly fraternization further or not. Besides, the night was young....

She smirked and straightened herself more formally as he addressed her by her full name. She cocked her head slightly to the side as she thought about the question and she licked her lips as she seemed sunken in thoughts "I'm a sportive kind of girl... Which is sort of handy in my line of work. I enjoy climbing, swimming, running and sparring. Besides that, I can just sit in a lounge like this and have a PADD along to sketch the scenery. I'll never say no to a good novel and I enjoy fraternization. Parties when we're on shore leave..." she told him with a soft and sincere tone as she ran over her interests "What about you Ekon Eboh? Besides hitting on far too young girls and work?" she teased him as she rested her chin on her hand. Looking teasingly into his eyes as she leaned forward a little.
Post by: Fife on September 05, 2018, 09:31:49 PM

Ekon watched the woman sitting across from him laugh at his old man comment, and grinned at Kythalie’s question about his age, watching as she seemed to study the features of his face.

”Looking for wrinkles?” Ekon teased as he watched her studying him. ”I did not know any El-Aurians growing up. I grew up around Humans, so I really only mean that I’m an old man by their standards.” Ekon explained as he watched Kythalie watching him. ”I’m only 85, which is still quite young by El-Aurian standards. Since I’m half-human, the doctors are not sure how that will effect my aging or lifespan, though I stopped showing signs of aging when I was around 35.” Ekon shrugged, giving Kythalie another grin and a wink. ”I suppose I shall leave it up to you to decide whether or not I really am an old man. ”

Ekon had heard his companion laugh again as he had ordered his drink, causing him to smile. She had a nice laugh, and he found himself wanting to hear it more. She had teased him about where the drink would leave him in the end, the mention of the brig causing him to laugh loudly, while the idea of one of their rooms caused his heart to beat slightly faster. He had come out tonight with no expectations of that sort, knowing only that he wished to enjoy the company of the lovely Ms. Benmual. The idea did appeal to him, however, as he found the woman across from him more interesting and appealing by the minute.

He watched her change in body language after he used her full name, then smiled to himself at the way she tilted her head slightly as she thought about her answer, licking her lips and seeming lost in thought for a moment. He found the mannerism adorable. Ekon listened intently as she finally spoke, referring to herself as sporty and listing off her interests. Then she turned the tables, asking the same question of him, with the added teasing remark about hitting on girls far to young for him. The remark brought another broad grin to his face, and the dark-skinned man chuckled and shook his head at her having turned his old man comments against him.

”Well, there’s a lot of young girls in Starfleet, so between my duty shifts and girls that are too young for me, I don’t have time for much else!” Ekon countered, giving Kythalie a grin. She was resting her chin on her hand and giving him a teasing expression. ”But, when I’m not playing crib at the seniors home, I enjoy swimming, working out and generally keeping fit. I also like reading and playing cards.” Ekon said, ”I used to collect tribal masks from different cultures, but they were all lost when the Saratoga was destroyed, and I suppose I gave up on keeping a collection after that.” Ekon leaned forward now, bringing himself closer to Kythalie. He gave her a conspiratorial look, and continued in a lower voice. ”Though if I am being completely honest, I’m not usually one to flirt like this. I haven’t been out for an evening like this in a long time.” Ekon admitted, leaning closer and giving Kythalie a shrug and a sly smile. ”They don’t usually let me out of the seniors home this late.” He added with a wink and a cheeky grin.

Ekon’s close proximity to the woman made it easier to stop his eyes wandering down over her body, though now his gaze dropped down to her lips, almost within reach. He resisted the urge to try and kiss her just then, instead settling on sliding his hand across the table to rest on hers. ”I suppose you just have an intriguing quality to you. I just found myself wanting to talk to you.” His eyes had returned to hers, and he found himself becoming captivated by her gaze. ”That and I was stuck between you and the bulkhead on the shuttle, so I didn’t have any chance to escape.” He added, his tone teasing and his gaze a mixture of amusement and desire.
Post by: Nolan on September 07, 2018, 12:14:29 PM

"Wrinkles, gray hairs..." Kythalie mused as she grinned and listened to him as he explained that he hadn't had the faintest clue how his life would look like. Being a hybrid he stopped physically aging at thirty five, it made Kythalie wonder if he'd keep looking this good while she'd age into the old woman she'd probably become if life treated her well. At some point the table could be turned on her if they remained friends. How the things were unfolding now, they'd be friends for certain if not more. "Well, you feel young, so I suppose that's how old one really is I imagine." she replied with a coy grin.

Benmual was glad he could appreciate her humor as he laughed about ending up at the brig possibly before he listened intently to her spare time activities. As she had bounced the question back at him, she couldn't help but chuckle and laugh as he mentioned that there were a lot of young girls in the fleet. That in hand with his shifts, he claimed to have little time for anything else as she shook her head and looked away from him for a second before he began to spill his hobbies to her.

He kept playing the old man card rather well and Kythalie couldn't help but be amused by it as she giggled occasionally before she heard about his collection of tribal masks. if anything it was an odd thing to collect and it did catch her attention. He mentioned how his collection was lost when the Saratoga was destroyed and she looked at him with some pity in her eyes. He edged closer and Kythalie couldn't help but grin a little as she did the same. The confession that he hadn't been this flirty or out for a long time made her grin "Well, you know what they say right? A leopard never loses his spots." she replied to him "Do let me know when I need to bring you back to the seniors home. I don't wide a ship wide alert for missing old people." her lips curling into a coy grin.

he was close now and if Kythalie would move a bit closer they'd be in perfect position to share a kiss as she felt the idea boil up inside Eboh's head. Instead though the man slid his hands over the table to rest on hers as his touch felt warm and pleasant. He complimented her once more and she smiled and looked down at their hands as she moved one of her hands from underneath his to playfully move over the back of his hand "You're rather easy to talk to yourself Ekon." she answered before their eyes locked once again.

The notion of not being able to escape on the shuttle made her laugh once more as she pinched his hand "Fine, I'll go sit on the ensign's lap next time!" she laughed "I bet he wouldn't have minded." she replied before she poked her tongue out at him. She laughed once more and the waitress returned with their drinks. Kythalie broke away from Ekon's touch as she thanked the waitress for the drinks and took the glass of wine in her hand. She looked back at Ekon "To new friendships and the future? Or do you want to toast on living long and prosper?" she teased as she remained playful.
Post by: Fife on September 07, 2018, 07:29:45 PM

Ekon laughed as Kythalie once again turned his own remarks against him, asking when he needed to be back at the seniors home and speaking of a ship wide alert. The woman certain had a good sense of humour to go with her sharp wit. She was keeping him on his toes, playful and feisty as she was.

Kythalie had then freed one of her hands and had begun to lightly run her fingers along the back of his hand. The hand that remained under his was warm, her skin soft, and the light touch of her fingers on the back on his hand caused a pleasant shiver to run down his spine. Ekon laughed as she pinched his hand in retaliation for his teasing remark. She then claimed she’d sit on the Ensign’s lap next time, laughing as she did so. Ekon gave the Betazoid a mock-hurt expression. ”Why Miss Benmual, are you trying to make me jealous?” He asked as he gently ran his thumb across the wrist of the hand that remained under his . She stuck her tongue out at him playfully before pulling away from him. The waitress had arrived to deliver their drinks. Ekon smiled his thanks to the waitress before returning his attention to Kythalie.

He grinned as she suggested a toast, raising his glass. ”New friends and the future sounds perfect.” He said, smiling at the caramel skinned woman across from him. ”And to your promotion, Kythalie. Congratulations!” He added with a warm smile before clinking his glass against hers and taking a slow sip of the contents. His eyes returned to hers as he lowered his glass to the table, a look a mischief creeping into them.

”That hardly seems fair that you’d sit on the Ensign’s lap.” Eboh complained, his accented voice sad and a theatrical pout on his face.  ”I don't seem to remember you sitting on mine!” He teased as the mock-pout gave way to an impish grin. ”Though you are right, I believe. I doubt he would have minded.” He raised his glass again, though paused before putting it to his lips. ”I certainly would not have complained..” He sent a wink in her direction as he brought the glass to his lips, savouring the taste of the alcoholic liquid.

The waitress returned then, carrying two plates. She deposited the two dishes on the table and told them to enjoy their meal before once again retreating to the bar, leaving them alone once more.

”Well, you must be hungry! I imagine making fun of old men works up quite an appetite!” Ekon teased, a broad smile on his face. ”So, which would you like to try first?”
Post by: Nolan on September 09, 2018, 12:15:09 PM

The reaction shown by Eboh was one that was clearly played, yet nevertheless enjoyable to watch by the Betazoid officer as she laughed again. His words only making her chuckle as she shrugged and looked him back in the eye "What if I am? Would it be working?" she asked him with a coy grin. She could feel his thumb running over her skin and it felt rather good to have this kind of physical contact.

"Ah yes, my promotion! And to our new assignment!" she cheered as she watched him sip his brandy. The drink he was having she wouldn't consume on her own. The taste of it too hard and profound for her to enjoy it. Not that she'd decline it when a bottle would be opened in a group, she'd drink pretty much anything they'd offer. The things she'd done during her younger years...

Ekon continued at the hypothetical case of sitting on the ensign's lap. Kythalie frowned as she listened to his reasoning and couldn't help but smirk as she shook her head. It was quite clear that the ensign would not have minded the petty officer sitting on his lap should the case present itself, yet Kythalie had to laugh wholeheartedly again when he admitted he wouldn't complain if she did so with him. "Well, the night is young petty officer. What hasn't happened may yet come." she teased shooting him a wink back.

As the waitress returned with the two dishes, Kythalie looked interested at them and looked over the first dish before looking over to the other. The scent of both meals reaching her nostrils and evoking a low gnarl from her stomach as it demanded sustenance. "I suppose we should start with the sea scallops? That being the warm dish. Or would it be the other way around?" she asked as she wasn't really aware what she had been presented "Or can we mix it?"
Post by: Fife on September 11, 2018, 12:11:44 AM

Ekon smiled as Kythalie teased him, asking if she was succeeding in making him jealous. ”Well, I don’t know how jealous I can be at the moment. I’m the one spending time with you this evening.” He told her with a wink. ”So it would seem the Ensign is the one who ought to be jealous.” After the drinks had come she had laughed at his complaint, teasing that the night was yet young, the comment causing him to smile mischievously at her.

Once the food arrived and the waitress had retreated, Kythalie seemed unsure of which dish to try first, asking if they should eat the warm dish first, and if the dishes could be mixed. Ekon chuckled at the Betazoid’s indecisiveness, giving her a smile as he addressed the questions.

”You can eat them in however you like, Kythalie!” He informed her with a grin. ”There’s no proper etiquette here. Though I would suggest trying a scallop first. They are one of my favourites, and these look delicious!” As he made the suggestion, he slid the dish holding the aforementioned food towards his companion, his mouth watering as he looked at the plate’s contents. The dish held eight large scallops, their tops seared a light brown and their side’s glistening white. The plate beneath the meaty portions held a thin layer of a rich smelling golden sauce, and the edge of the dish was adorned with a sprig of garnish. The other dish held nine small rounds of sliced baguette, grilled, brushed with garlic and olive oil, and topped with diced tomato, onion and basil with a light dusting of parmesan. The dish had balsamic vinaigrette drizzled over it, adding to the bruschetta’s flavour while providing an appealing look to the plate.

Eboh waited for Kythalie to make her selection before deciding on one for himself, spearing the scallop on the end of his fork. He watched the caramel skinned woman across from him as she took her first bite, gauging her reaction.

”Well, how do you like it?” He asked before biting down on his own meaty morsel, eyes half closed as he savoured the flavour of the soft, slightly chewy meat. It had been years since he’d had scallops, and they were just as good as he remembered them being, the simple pleasure he took in the dish bringing a contented smile to his face.
Post by: Nolan on September 19, 2018, 10:17:54 AM

The dark skinned man had made quite a valid point as he informed her that the ensign would probably be the jealous one as he wasn't sharing drinks with her. The woman laughed in agreement as she nodded "Fair point oldie." she mused as the word began to grow on her... Ekon 'Oldie' Eboh... she chuckled at herself for thinking it and seemed to be highly amused by it as she looked at the waitress with the food.

Waiting on Ekon's advice on how to start eating the dish she nodded a tad nervous as he suggested to try the scallops first. "Where did you eat them the first time? Or well where did you learn about them?" she asked as she took one of them and inspected it. Her eyes examining the food before she smelled it and slowly licked it with the tip of her tongue before a split second later she pushed it slowly into her mouth. She started to chew on it and let her taste buds do their magic as she rolled her eyes from the left to the right before a gratifying smile came on her face.

She kept chewing on it and let out a soft moan as she clearly liked it and she swallowed it as she licked her lips and fingers "Mmh, that really does taste good... I never tried this dish before. Is it typical Terran?" she asked as she looked back at the man in front of her. She took another one and savored the taste of it as she played a bit with it in her mouth before chewing back on the tasty delight.

It was then that she noticed that Ekon was eating with a fork and her cheeks flustered a little as she had been eating them bare handed. She grabbed one of the forks as subtly as possible as she chewed on her lip. She looked over at the bruschetta, was she supposed to poke her fork in it as well? Her eyes darted back up to the dark skinned man in front of her with a bit of a helpless look on her face.
Post by: Fife on September 19, 2018, 11:39:46 PM

Ekon couldn’t help but laugh as Kythalie called him “Oldie”, finding the younger woman’s amusement infectious as he enjoyed the sight of the lovely Betazoid’s smile.

”I don’t remember where I had scallops for the first time.” Ekon admitted, his tone light and musing. ”I think probably my mother took me to a restaurant when she was back on shore leave. Or my step-father, maybe.” Ekon’s eyed had narrowed slightly, his eyes taking on a slightly distant expression as he tried to remember, his accented voice carrying with it the airiness that came with turning one’s thoughts to the past. ”I suppose it would have been my step-father, since my mother was rarely around. He was a good man, with a good eye for delicious food.” Ekon continued, smiling at the memory. As he had been talking about his step-father, he had reached up with one hand and gently touched the center of his chest, the gesture obviously an absent-minded one. ”That was a long time ago though,” Ekon said, shaking himself out of his reverie. He smiled as he watched Kythalie testing the scallops, prodding it with her tongue before slowly placing it in her mouth. He couldn’t help but find the timid approach to the food adorable, and mildly sexy. Then he laughed, seeing Kythalie roll her eyes as she finally tasted the full flavour of the delicious morsel. ”I take it you approve?” He asked in a teasing tone as he watched the smile spread across her face.

As she asked about the dish, licking her fingers, Ekon couldn’t help but chuckle. ”Yes, they’re a type of Terran mollusk. They are found in almost every ocean on Earth. They can be cooked a number of ways, though this is my favourite.” He explained, watching her enjoy another as he selected a second scallop for himself, spearing it on the end of his fork. He had lifted the scallop halfway to his mouth when he noticed Kythalie’s cheeks had flushed. He watched her curiously, wondering what had caused her to become flustered, though he got his answer soon enough as the Betazoid picked up her fork with an obvious attempt at being subtle. She was chewing her lips, which bad Ekon chuckle. She seemed very young and uncertain while doing that, though there was a certain cute quality to it as well. The chuckle turned to a laugh as she looked at the bruschetta in a quizzical manner, then looked at him with a helpless expression, as though silently pleading for his help.

”You don’t need to use the fork, Kythalie.” Ekon said as his laughter subsided, ”It won’t do you much good with the bruschetta anyway,” he continued, reaching up with his free hand and plucking the scallop off the end of his fork. He gave the caramel skinned woman a sly wink as he popped the scallop into his mouth, chuckling as he chewed the tender flesh. He finished the mouthful before he continued speaking. ”This is hardly a formal dinner, Miss Benmual. There’s no need for formality,” he teased, ”It’s not as though you’re out to impress anyone!” He added with a wink, chuckling as he sucked a bit of the scallop’s rich golden sauce off his thumb. ”Although I must say, I do enjoy see you blush!” He informed her with a teasing grin, looking into the dark pools of Kythalie's eyes once more.

Careful Eboh... He mentally cautioned himself, You could get lost in those eyes...
Post by: Nolan on September 20, 2018, 10:07:29 AM

Looking at Ekon, Kythalie was wondering how close he was to his family. It seemed like he spoke with care and respect for his step father. His mother apparently not so much around. The dark eyes of the Betazoid following the actions of the operations officer in front of her. She was doubting whether or not to ask about his family, some people found it a touchy subject. They had only just met so perhaps now would not be a good time to indulge into that either. She nodded confidently as he asked about liking the scallops and soon enough the Betazoid simply nodded as she got some more information about the scallops.

"What other ways can they be prepared?" she asked inquisitively as she watched him eat another. She had her moment of being lost and unsure when Ekon simply stated that she didn't truly needed to use the fork, especially not with the brusschetta. He had the drop on her now as he teased her about this not being a formal dinner and she chuckled and shook her head "In that case don't call me miss Benmual." she shot back to him before she took one of the bruschetta's and took a bite from it as she let the flavor pallet explode in her mouth. She tilted her head slightly and let out a "Mmh.." as she chewed further and swallowed before inserting the rest of it in. By doing so, a bit of the topping was left on her upper lip as she continued chewing and began to sate her hunger slowly.

He had pointed out to her that she was seemingly out to impress and she looked at him before she winked at him and smirked as he told her that he did enjoy seeing her blush. In turn it just caused her to blush even more as she reached out to slap him on the forearm playfully. She looked away as she kicked her legs a little under the table and took the last piece of scallop "Want to share?" she asked him as it was only fair to do so. Her eyes darting back up to look in his.
Post by: Fife on September 20, 2018, 09:23:09 PM

Kythalie asked about the various ways scallops could be prepared, though she did so while Ekon had his mouth full with one of the tasty morsels. As a result, the El-Aurian could only give her an apologetic smile and hold a single finger up by way of asking for a moment, chuckling as he did so.

”There’s several ways you can cook them.” Ekon said after a moment, finally answering her question. ”Fried, seared, baked, steamed. They are are delicious!” He added with a smile.

The dark-skinned man laughed softly as Kythalie fired back following his comment about the situation’s lack of formality, telling her he shouldn’t be calling her “Miss benmual”. Before he could respond she’d picked up one of the bruschettas and taken a bite. Ekon watched her as she tilted her head to the side once again and let out an appreciative noise. The sound brought a smile to the El-Aurian’s face, particularly the fact that a rogue fragment of the diced tomato was currently clinging to her upper lip, seemingly unnoticed by the caramel skinned woman. The appreciative noise she had made had seemed almost alluring to him, and the tomato, while comical, only added an aspect of the adorable to the woman.

”You’ve got something there…” Ekon informed her as he leaning forward across the table and gently touched her cheek with his fingers, while at the same time he brushed her upper lip with his thumb, freeing the tomato from her face only to have it stick to his digit. The offending morsel removed, he sat back in his seat. He gave the Betazoid a sly wink as he put his thumb to his mouth to dispose of the tomato.

Ekon couldn’t help but grin as she swatted his forearm playfully, blush all the more following his comment. She finally averted her gaze as she selected the last scallop, offering to share the last piece as her gaze met his once more.

”I’d love to.” Ekon replied with a warm smile, leaning forward across the table once more. ”Though I hope your aim with the scallop is better than it was with the bruschetta!” He added with a grin, unable to keep himself from teasing her. He kept his eyes on her as he leaned across the table, once again sliding a hand forward to cover her free hand. His brandy sat untouched on the table, off to the side and long forgotten. He found the caramel skinned Kythalie captivating, her gaze more intoxicating than the brandy could hope to be.
Post by: Nolan on September 21, 2018, 09:42:56 AM

She couldn't help but grin as Ekon couldn't directly reply her and she nipped from her Risian wine in the meantime as she waited for his answer. It came as no surprise that the scallops could be prepared in various ways. One sounding more appropriate than the other. Perhaps she'd have to try cooking some herself? If that would ever be a good idea of course... Kythalie wasn't known for her culinary skills. The Ops man suddenly pointed out to her that she had something on her lip and she frowned and watched him venture closer as he swiped the remnant of her lip.

His touch felt warm against her cheek and she had to bite back to not lick his finger clean on the spot. In fact, the man did just exactly that as he cleaned his own finger and gave her a wink. She couldn't help but grin "Very smooth Oldie." she teased him as she nipped from her wine once more.

He teased her with her aim concerning the scallop in comparison to the bruschetta and Kythalie simply rolled her eyes as she got an idea. His hand was resting on hers and she slowly freed her hand as she leaned back "Well, if you have such doubts about my aim..." she said softly. She remained seated as she let the man bake while she held the scallop in one hand. Slowly she rose from her seat, giving him once more a perfect view of her outfit and body. "I guess I'll have to simply..." she paused as she walked over to his seat  "Do it point blank." she used her feet to kick his seat back a little, allowing her the space to slowly sit herself down on his lap. She nestled herself comfortably on his lap, wiggling herself into a decent position as she placed one arm around his neck and slowly brought the morsel of flesh towards his lips "Remember Oldie, only half..." she teased him as she leaned her body against his.

She seemed relaxed enough in this new position and she looked deep into his eyes as her mind began to reach out to his, curious to know how this new situation made him feel. Although, perhaps her mental abilities wouldn't be the only things to pick up how he felt...
Post by: Fife on September 21, 2018, 08:02:49 PM

”Well, if you have such doubts about my aim…” The woman across from him spoke softly, remaining still and holding the scallop as though she would rescind the offer to share. Eboh momentarily wondered if Kythalie had not appreciated his comment as the Betazoid had removed her hand from beneath his and leaned back in her seat. He momentary worry proved unfounded, however, as the sultry woman slowly rose from her seat, giving him a clear view of her outfit, and the figure beneath the garments. She spoke again as she slowly walked over to his seat, pausing as she did so to let the sentence drag on, then finished by saying she would proffer the scallop at point blank range.

Eboh had felt a slight tension building as the caramel skinned woman had moved around the table, unsure of just what she was up to. He was somewhat surprised when she used her foot to kick his chair back, moving him further from the table. He was further surprised, albeit in a pleasant way, when the Betazoid proceeded to situate herself on his lap. Eboh could feel a stirring within himself as she nestled herself into her new seat, wiggling to get comfortable while at the same time snaking an arm around his neck. "Well hello, Kythalie…" He rumbled as he placed one arm around the back of her waist to support her and moved his other hand to rest on the hip farthest form him, gently pulling the dark eyed beauty closer. His heart raced at the close proximity of the enticing woman, their closeness allowing her scent to fill his nose. His eyes remained locked on hers as her free hand brought the morsel closer to his mouth.

”Remember Oldie, only half…” She teased as she leaned into him, causing Ekon to pull her closer in response. Mischief played through the El-Aurian’s mind as he toyed with the idea of taking the whole scallop as he slowly moved his head forward, if only to make the enchanting woman swat at him again, though decided against it. Instead he took only a small bite of the fleshy white morsel, taking a little less than half of the proffered meat. He removed his hand from her hip as he did so and plucked the remaining half of the scallop from between her fingers, a mischievous smile playing across his features as he chewed.

”You fed me,” he rumbled in a low tone, his accented voice breathy and full of a mixture of desire and amusement, ”It seems only fair that I return the favour…” He gave the caramel skinned beauty who was currently using him as a chair a sly yet playful wink as his hand raised the scallop up to offer her the remaining bite. His eyed remained locked on hers, the coffee skinned man finding himself unable to look away. His heart pounded in his chest, a certain thrill coursing through him as a result of their encounter becoming more intimate. The movement of the shapely Betazoid on his lap had caused a stirring his certain parts of his anatomy as well, and while the El-Aurian hybrid was somewhat self-conscious about the physical response to her closeness, a part of him suspected that the reaction was precisely what she had intended when she had taken up her new seat.

Ekon couldn’t help but stare into Kythalie’s eyes as he presented the remains of the last scallop for her to take, finding himself lost in the twin pools of inky black. That fact that he had only just met this woman earlier that day was not lost on him, though the fact registered only as a small pinpoint of light in the back of his mind. The fact of the matter was that Eboh was well and truly smitten with the young beauty who was presently perched on his lap.
Post by: Nolan on September 21, 2018, 08:47:58 PM

The swirl of emotions she had received from Ekon from when she stood up till she had sat down on his lap were delightful. The Betazoid waded in the mixture of emotions as she couldn't help but grin slightly. As she had installed herself on her new seat, she had watched deep into the eyes of Ekon as he had welcomed her with a low rumbling voice. She felt his hands move in position to support her, one on her lower back as the other rested against her hip. As he probably could catch her scent, so could she. The man smelled nice and it made the woman wonder if he wore a cologne or something alike. Kythalie had used a light fragrance from Betazoid, which always reminded her of the island she grew up on. It smelled like seashells and ocean with a tinge of local vegetation.

It was a comfortable position to sit in so far and she could feel the strong arms of the man pull her closer as she offered him the bite. He slowly leaned in before he took his bite and her facial expression seemed to be well amused about it as her eyes diverted from his to look at his lips parting and his white teeth bite down on the piece of flesh. She chuckled lightly as he started chewing and her eyes looked back into his as she inspected the piece "I suppose this will do." she teased him.

He spoke up once again as he wanted to repay her the favor and she laughed lightly as she let him take the remaining scallop and sat a bit more straight on his lap. By doing so, the swell of her rear pressed and rolled a little against his groin. She could've sworn that she felt a certain organ underneath her move ever so slightly, yet she knew the risk of that happening as she had taken her spot on his lap. Her mind picked up the feelings of the man, the mischief, self consciousness and eventually the smitten feeling that washed up against her tendrils of her mind.

He presented the piece to her and Kythalie was still gazing in his eyes before she took a look at the piece. Specifically where it was before she looked back in his eyes. She placed both her hands on his shoulders as she slowly leaned in closer to the presented piece of food. Her eyes were locked with his as she moved her lips towards his fingers, almost like a predator stalking her prey. She took hold of the scallop with her teeth before she slipped her lips around his fingers. She took the piece from him, sucking gently yet with sufficient suction to pop her lips off his fingers before she started to chew and smile seductively.

She ate the morsel at her own pace and swallowed it as she leaned back against Ekon as she whispered softly in his ear "Do people need to get fed like this in the retirement home, Oldie?" Her eyes never left his as she grinned and shifted her weight slightly on his lap.
Post by: Fife on September 21, 2018, 11:03:13 PM

Ekon found himself fighting to suppress a groan of pleasure as Kythalie’s lips enveloped his thumb and finger, marvelling in the sensation as she sucked lightly on the digits. She had shifted her position as she prepared to receive the morsel of food, the enticing curves of her behind eliciting a higher level of arousal as they pressed and shifted on his lap, the feeling of her lips on his fingers having done nothing to dull his body’s reaction to her presence. As she sat there perched on his lap, smiling seductively as she chewed, Ekon was sure that she was well aware of the burning sense of desire she was stoking within him.

She leaned into him as she chewed, then whispered in his ear, her eyes remaining locked with his own as she asked if he was fed like that in the nursing home, grinning and shifting on his lap as she spoke.

Ekon’s face split into a broad grin as he laughed, her question having caught him off guard. His shoulders shook with his amusement as he tightened the hold his arm had around the small of her back, pressing her to him. ”Sometimes,” he replied with a cheeky grin, ”though I only let the cute nurses do that!” He shook his head slightly, still chuckling at the Betazoid’s cheekiness. ”You should be careful, Kythalie.” He cautioned the woman, mischief creeping into his eyes as a cheekiness snuck into his heavily accented voice. ”With the way you are squirming on my lap, you’re liable to give an old man a heart attack!”

As he spoke, he reached up with the hand, which was now free from holding the scallop, gently trailing the backs of his fingers along her cheek. He shifted his hand so that he lightly cupped her cheek and gently stroked her cheekbone with his thumb. ”Not that I want you to stop…” He added as he slid his hand further back, his fingers slipping forth to entangle themselves in the Betazoid’s wild curls. He angled his face towards her, his eyed still locked on hers, and gently used his hand to guide her face to meet his, unable to restrain himself any longer. Her proximity, her scent, the pressure of her body atop his, it had all combined and brought his desire to it’s boiling point, leaving him unable, and unwilling, to hold himself back any longer.
Post by: Nolan on September 22, 2018, 05:01:34 PM

After having eaten the last piece of the scallops Kythalie could not only physically feel the arousal and yearning sensation of Ekon, yet she also felt him burn up in his mind and feelings wise. The grin on her features unmistakably there as she caught him off guard with her last sentence about the old folks home. She could feel his body rock as he laughed and his shoulders shook as she couldn't help but laugh along as the grip of the darker man tightened around her back.

"Oh, so you're a bit of a snoopy kind of oldie huh?" she grinned as he admitted that he only allowed the cute nurses to feed him. He warned her which only caused the Betazoid to laugh out in amusement as she was warned for a viable heart attack. The next line already burning on her lips as it was just as easy as that to take away the pleasant distraction on his lap. Before she could do so though, he brought his free hand up to cup her cheek. Before doing so, trailing his fingers along the soft skin of her jaw and cheek.

Kythalie had forgotten how good being touched felt like. Not that she ever had a moment in her life where she hadn't had an array of partners to pick from when wanting more than just a touch. Yet she always reveled in the feeling of being wanted, to feel those minute traces of fingers, limbs or anything being traced along one's body. It always felt nice... Ekon mentioned that he didn't want her to move away after his heart attack warning and Kythalie simply gave a short nod as she looked in his eyes. His hand slowly moving into her wild curls as she felt her own breathing accelerate slightly as a soft gasp left her lips.

She felt the intend behind his movements as he lined her face up with his, lips drawing nearer to his as she could feel the man losing himself in the moment. Truly there was no better feeling to sense then that exact moment they shared. The moment where the world seems to cease and exist as there is only the two of them left. She leaned in slightly as her own fingertips traced up along Ekon's neck, gently grazing her nails over his jawline as she teased him one last time "There's no need to feint a heart attack Ekon..." she whispered ever so softly "If you want my lips to touch yours... One simply needs to ask..." she concluded before she took the initiative herself as she found herself to be far too curious about how this foreign man.

Her lips slowly brushed against his before she pressed them against his. The kiss developing slowly as she let the first few seconds pass, turning more hungrily after that as she made out with him and kissed him more deeply and hungrily. It didn't take long before Eboh would feel her tongue teasing against his lips. Along with her fingers raking over his jaw and neck before she ran her fingers over his scalp, brushing through his hair before she broke the kiss slowly and smiled contently. "Mmh..." she simply murured.
Post by: Fife on September 23, 2018, 09:09:02 PM

Ekon’s heart raced as Kythalie seemed to take the lead, bringing her lips forward to meet his, though the El-Aurian’s desire easily matched the Betazoid’s growing hunger as he eagerly returned the kiss. He fought to suppress a groan of pleasure as the tips of her fingers were dragged along his jawline, down his neck and over his scalp, the woman’s touch only serving to further stoke the flame of his desire. Ekon’s fingers entwined themselves further into Kythalie’s curls as she drove him to higher levels of passion, tangling themselves in her hair while the kiss grew ever more passionate. Ekon’s desire continued to build in response to the probing, scratching and arousing touch of the Betazoid, until finally he couldn’t hold on to the groan of pleasure that was building in his throat, causing a low rumbling to emanate from the coffee skinned man.

Then Eboh felt Kythalie’s tongue against his lips, the wet warmth of the probing tongue causing his lips to part as he brought his own tongue forward to meet hers. His head swam with sensations, her scent and her touch, coupled with the taste of the woman and the feeling of her tongue caressing his own, left him adrift, having completely lost touch with their surroundings. She was all that existed, the only thing that mattered.

And God, but he wanted her…

Finally, after some time, Kythalie broke the kiss, breaking the spell and returning Eboh to the present. As the dark-skinned man opened his eyes, he saw a contented smile cross the features of the beautiful Betazoid, the sight eliciting a smile from him as she let out a satisfied sound.

”Mmh indeed…” Eboh murmured breathlessly, ”I don’t know about you, but I’ve lost my appetite for Bruschetta,” Eboh informed the woman who still sat perched on his lap, while at the same time gently caressing her cheek once again, ”Though I find myself wanting something… someone… else.” Ekon’s gaze remained locked on hers as he spoke, leaving no doubt as to what, or who, he was speaking of. She had bewitched him, leaving him drunk on her scent, on her kiss. Eboh’s eyes narrowed slightly as he studied the gorgeous telepath. ”How much of what I’m feeling are you picking up on right now?” He asked, curiosity and a teasing accusation in his voice even as a sly smile spread across his features. He suspected that the telepath knew exactly what she was doing to him, and was enjoying every reaction she caused.
Post by: Nolan on September 24, 2018, 06:13:24 PM

Hearing another low rumble was the sign for Kythalie that she certainly was doing the right thing to the El Aurian as she kept up with her heated assault on his senses. It didn't take long for him to match hers as she felt his tongue slowly come out to play with hers as she grinned a little and adored the way he touched her. She could perfectly feel and read what the man wanted, yet chose to simply go with the flow instead of playing in on those things. She couldn't help but love the feeling he gave off that there was nothing else in the world on his mind besides her.

When she broke off he smiled contently as he murmured out of breath. She couldn't help but tease about it further, she didn't do so just yet though as he admitted that he had lost the appetite for the bruschetta. She laughed as he further admitted that he wanted something or someone else for that matter. "Is that so?" she asked innocently as she kept grinding on his lap lightly. she traced her fingertips over his face as she looked back in his eyes and she looked far to playful to give in just yet.

"Well, I don't need to be a telepath to pick up on what I'm clearly feeling from you Ekon..." she said as she purposely pushed herself down onto his groin, feeling his risen arousal quite well by now "But, I do kind of... Feel.... That burning.... Wanting... Desire..." she informed him as she suddenly stood up from his lap and walked around him, leaning in to bring her lips next to his ear "I just hope you can keep up oldie... You seemed to be out of breath already a moment ago." she teased him as it came far too natural to let the chance slip up. She kissed his neck after that and asked softly "Where do you want to go?" After that, she simply walked back to the table, standing in front of him as she leaned over to give him just another nice view of her rear as she took her glass and began to work on finishing it.
Post by: Fife on September 24, 2018, 07:20:22 PM

Kythalie answered his question, saying she didn’t need to be a telepath to pick up on what she was feeling from him. In order to better prove her point, she pressed herself harder into his lap, pressing herself down onto the obvious proof of his arousal and forcing another soft sound of pleasure to rumble within him even as the grin on his face spread ever wider.

”But, I do kind of… Feel… That burning… Wanting… Desire…”

Suddenly the weigh on his lap vanished, the Betazoid having stood up. Ekon was sorry to lose the weight on his lap, and immediately missed the woman’s proximity. She moved around behind him, leaning in so that her lips we just beside his ear, teasing him both with her words, and her breath on his ear. His eyes half closed as he drew a deep breath, his heart raced as he felt her lips graze his neck. He both heard and felt her words as she was asking him where he wanted to go, then the presence beside his head disappeared, moving back into view and standing in front of him. She leaned across the table to retrieve her glass, presenting him with a perfect view of her shapely behind as she drained the last of her wine. Ekon remained seated for a moment, reaching over to retrieve his own barely touched glass without taking his eyes off of the enticing view which was presented before him.

He took a long sip of his brandy, his eyes trailing up and down Kythalie’s form as he savoured the strong taste. He rose then, placing the still half-full glass back on the table as he moved up behind the woman who held him captivated. He wrapped his thick arms around her from behind, pulling her to him as he embraced her, feeling her back pressed against his chest. He craned his neck downwards, bringing his face down to kiss the left side of her neck, repaying the favour she had performed before. Her scent once again filled his nostrils, bringing to mind the scent of an idyllic seaside, of seashells and the ocean.

”We can go to my quarters. My roommate is working a night shift tonight, so we will have the place to ourselves.” Ekon murmured in her ear, placing a light kiss on her earlobe before he continued. ”And I don’t think keeping up will be a problem, my dear,” he teased, pulling her closer to him, ”I may be an Oldie, but with age comes experience.” His deep voice rumbled quietly in her ear as he spoke, and he nipped her earlobe lightly before loosening his hold on her. He placed his hands on her hips, gently turning her to face him. He reached up with one hand, leaving the other on her hip, and took her chin between his thumb and forefinger, guiding her face to his once more, kissing her in a way that was best described as both passionate and hungry. ”Shall we go?” He asked after breaking the kiss, his eyes locked on hers. "Or do you want to get in another comment about my age first?" He teased, giving the younger woman a cheeky grin and a wink as he waited for her decision.
Post by: Nolan on September 24, 2018, 09:47:52 PM

Kythalie watched Ekon's gaze follow her and even when she didn't look at him, she could feel the burning gaze of his eyes on her skin despite the clothing she wore. She reveled in the attention he was mentally giving her and she swayed her rear slightly for him after draining her glass. She looked over her shoulder to him as he drank some more of his brandy, not finishing the drink entirely though  before he rose and snatched her to him.

Her body was easily brought against his broad chest as he draped a few kisses down her neck before he murmured into her ear, teasing the skin of it with a light kiss. He offered up his quarters and she grinned with a nod as her eyes drifted shut. His remark made her laugh about age and she shrugged lightly, yet not replying to him yet whilst he physically continued to tease her. He did push the limit though of her teasing remarks as he asked if they were ready to go or if she wanted another comment "Mmh, I think we're ready to go."she answered as she pushed herself away from him "Lead the way mister Eboh... Need to get you in your quarters before your bedtime." she grinned widely as she simply couldn't leave it to burn the age into his face one more time.

She followed Ekon through the lounge as the two of them got some looks from present personnel yet nothing out of the ordinary. When they arrived at the turbolift Kythalie looked at Ekon as she moved her hands over his chest and straightened his clothes "You know, you got me into the lounge for a drink as you were going to tell me about that long story... The Academy thing?" she whispered, as she was still curious about it despite him having left her in the dark about it "Or are you going to use that as another excuse to get me back to the lounge with you?" she coyly smiled.
Post by: Fife on September 24, 2018, 11:07:37 PM
[ PO1 Ekon Okotie-Eboh | Turbolift | USS Cayuga | 2378 ] @Nolan

As Kythalie teased him again, speaking of his bedtime, Ekon couldn’t help but laugh. ”Oh? Are you going to tuck me in?” He countered with a smile as they made their way through the lounge.

Kythalie turned to him as they arrived at the turbolift, running her hands over his chest to straighten his shirt, or perhaps to smooth out the wrinkles she’s put in it with all her squirming. Ekon was more interested in the sensation that the reasoning behind it. Then Kythalie was speaking again, asking him about something he had said earlier. She was asking about the Academy, and about his long story. The question had a somewhat sobering effect on the El-Aurian, who now gazed down at her with a more serious expression on his face. His smile was still present, though it wasn’t as happy as it had been.

”Ah, yes… that.” Ekon said by way of acknowledgement. ”Deck 12.” He instructed the turbolift before giving Kythalie his full attention. He regarded her with an even gaze, his eyes still full of desire but now also carried a hint of regret. ”I suppose I did promise to tell you later, and you held up your end of the bargain.” Ekon said. He leaned back, resting his broad back against the wall of the turbolift. He tucked his hands into the pockets of his trousers as sighed, knowing that a story about assault might not go over very well with a member of the security department.

”After the Dominion War, I had a bit of a hard time adjusting to peacetime. I’d seen my share of the action… lost a lot of friends. People I cared about.” A hint of sadness entered his voice as he spoke those last words, as though the words failed to convey the depth of loss he was speaking of. ”When I entered the Academy, I had a lot of anger at those loses, and I did not deal with it well. I got into a lot of fights, and had a number of reprimands. Many of those fights were with the same person, another cadet.” Ekon’s expression grew darker as he continued speaking, his eyes never leaving Kythalie. ”He was a racist and a troublemaker. He delighted in trying to torment me, and was always trying to provoke me.” Ekon explained, shaking his head as the memories of the cadet in question came back to him. "Unfortunately, with the troubles I was having after the war, I was all too happy to be provoked. I made it far too easy for him."

”Anyway, in my third year at the Academy, some friends and I went out to a bar, and this cadet was there with his friends.” Ekon’s voice had grown quieter, with a small amount of anger creeping into his thick accent. ”He was very drunk, and began making aggressive advances on a friend of mine. He shoved me when I told him to leave, and then pushed her against the bar and began to grope her.” Ekon’s face had turned to a full blown scowl by that point. His hands, still in his pockets, had balled into fists. ”His advances were bordering on violent, and clearly not welcome, so I lost it. I punched him, and then smashed his face into the bar.” Ekon shrugged, the anger draining out of him. ”I was expelled following the incident, with a permanent reprimand on my file. That other cadet, the molester, is still at the Academy, and will be an Ensign by next year.” Ekon sighed as his story came to a close, then looked at Kythalie. The turbolift pulled to a stop then, the doors opening to reveal the corridor on Deck 12.

”So there you have it,” Ekon told her, knowing full well that the story had certainly put a damper on the evening, if it hadn’t ended it altogether. He regarded her with a calm and patient expression, curious to see how the Betazoid would react now that she knew he’d been expelled for assault. ”You know my story, and you know why I am still a Petty Officer after 30 years in Starfleet.” Ekon’s eyes kept looking into Kythalie’s, gauging her reaction, ”I know a story like that can put a damper on an evening. So where do we go from here? Do I get out and make the long walk to my quarters alone? Or do you still wish to join me?” He asked as he studied the woman, ”I will understand if you feel that this changes things..." His voice carried a hint of regret now. The coffee-skinned man sighed as he regarded Kythalie with a look of genuine curiosity. "I leave the decision in your hands, Kythalie.”
Post by: Nolan on September 25, 2018, 01:35:30 PM

"Perhaps..." she replied with a wink to his comment about tucking him in.

She could feel and notice the direct change of mood within the man with whom she shared a great evening with so far. Her expression changing along with him to a more serious one as he gave the lift a destination to go to. He moved away from her as he leaned back against the wall of the turbolift. Kythalie positioned herself on the other side of the wall as she looked at him with a curious gaze. It definitely seemed like a touchy subject to say the least.

She could feel the mix of emotions clearly as she told her the story bit by bit. Her arms crossing under her bosom as she nodded from time to time yet didn't interrupt or say anything for that matter as he told her the entire story. The elevator came to a full stop at the end of his story and Kythalie was still gazing at him with a neutral expression spread across her face. The playfulness had faded away and she had felt a various array of emotions throughout the story as she bit on her lip a little as the doors shifted open. Ekon asked where they had to go from here and if he had to take the long walk to his quarters alone. He surely talked a lot as Kythalie placed the testimony in her head and evaluated it.

The caramel colored Betazoid shifted away from the wall and walked over to the center part of the turbolift as she looked at Ekon. The mish mash of emotions had made her pull up the barriers to protect herself as it was a risky thing to take all of it in without the proper preparation. The choice was left with her to decide about the future of the evening. It had been quite a damper as Kythalie scolded at herself for bringing it up. Her eyes shifted to the corridor before she looked back at Ekon and she sighed and shook her head as she simply walked out of the elevator and walked ahead in the corridor, she stopped a few meters out as she turned her head to look over her shoulder at the man "Come on oldie, you won't be able to tuck yourself in anyway." she said with a faint grin on her lips.
Post by: Fife on September 25, 2018, 10:02:59 PM
[ PO1 Ekon Okotie-Eboh | Turbolift | USS Cayuga | 2378 ] @Nolan

Ekon watched Kythalie closely as he attempted to gauge her reaction. The events of their ride in the turbolift had been less than idyllic, and he suspected they may have spoiled the evening. For all that he had joked about the brig earlier that day, now she knew that he did, in fact, have a certain familiarity with the place.

The Betazoid had maintained a neutral expression throughout his narrative, letting nothing show in regards to her thoughts or emotions. Ekon reflected that it was the face of a veteran security officer who was listening to a confession. The thought did not leave him hopeful for this evening’s prospects. Ekon half expected a harsh reprimand, or at least a mild scolding, as Kythalie pushed herself off the wall she had been leaning on and moved to the middle of the lift. She shifted her gaze out into the waiting corridor, and he waited for her to tell him to get out.

The words never came. Instead she directed the dark pools of her eyes at him once more, sighed and shook her head. Then she had walked out of the lift and down the corridor. She stopped once she had travelled a few meters, looking over her shoulder at him as a faint grin crossed her lips.

”Come on Oldie, you won’t be able to tuck yourself in anyway.”

Ekon sighed as her remark, half teasing as it was, his shoulders lowering as he visibly relaxed. Perhaps he hadn’t completely ruined the evening after all.

Don’t get ahead of yourself, Eboh He thought to himself.

He pushed himself off the wall of the turbolift and stepped out into the corridor, taking several strides to bring himself before her. He removed his hands from his pockets then, letting the left hand down at his side as he reached out with his right, touching her gently on her upper arm. The half El-Aurian’s dark eyes met her darker ones, seeming to search them for a moment.

”I was not trying to keep any of this from you before, Kythalie.” Ekon told the woman, his voice honest but sounding somewhat hesitant. ”To be honest, I was simply enjoying your company too much to bring it up.” A small half smile spread across his features, and his eyes narrowed as he spoke again. ”Or perhaps I just forgot that I was supposed to tell you. I’m an old man, after all. My memory is not what it used to be…” He chuckled softly then, his eyes still searching hers. He was getting lost in those eyes of hers again, like staring out into the vastness of space. It made one forget themselves. He gently slid his hand down Kythalie’s arm, making contact with just his fingertips, trailing them along her forearm and over her wrist, until they gently cradled the soft skin of her hand. The glint of mischief had returned to his eyes as he smiled at her once more. "I hope you don't just plan on tucking me in. My roommate is an Andorian, and he had the temperature set quite low. It would be rather cold in there if I were left all alone..."
Post by: Nolan on September 28, 2018, 11:01:45 AM

Noticing the burden and stress being lifted from his shoulders, Kythalie had to admit that the story was a bit of a mood changer for the evening. If what he had said was true, then it had just been a lapse of judgement in the operations man that caused for a cascade of serious events. Yet with his story about helping out a fellow officer in need, which frankly sounded like a near assault charge, bugged her. Why wasn't there a follow up report or anything else about it? It frankly boiled the blood in the Betzazoid as she sighed softly to herself as she followed Ekon coming closer.

She felt the touch of his hand against her arm and her eyes followed the movement as his words began to reach her ears. The black orbs of the woman shooting back up to meet his as he explained that he didn't want to keep things from her, adding in another joke about his age as Kythalie chuckled at the comment and shook her head lightly "I might actually start to believe that you might need enhancers for several functions in that case Oldie." she answered softly as she placed her hand on his and took in a deep breath.

He teased about not having to spend the night together and she smirked again before she rolled her eyes at him "That's why there's a thing called thermal blankets." she countered the notice as she slipped her fingers against his and held his hand "Just lead the way Oldie... If you can remember the way that is." she teased him as she tried to shake of the vibe of the story.
Post by: Fife on September 29, 2018, 12:46:36 AM
[ PO1 Ekon Okotie-Eboh | Corridors | USS Cayuga | 2378 ] @Nolan

Kythalie’s gentle chuckle at his joke rang like a soft music in his ears, and Ekon chuckled softly as Kythalie teased him, saying that she suspected he might need enhancers for several functions. As she spoke, he felt the soft touch and gentle warmth of her hand as she placed it on his, the Betazoid taking a deep breath as she did so. She fired back at his remark about his quarters being cold, telling him he should use a thermal blanket. Despite seeming to shoot down his suggestion that he would freeze should she leave, she slipped her hand into his. He smiled almost sheepishly at her as their fingers intertwined, a small hope rising in him that he hadn’t entire ruined the evening. That hope continued to rise as Kythalie instructed him to lead the way to his quarters, calling him Oldie once again as she teased him about his old man memory.

He remained silent for a moment, staring into her eyes as his thumb lightly brushed across the soft caramel skin of the back of her hand. The fact was, he found the woman standing in front of him to be enchanting, which only made the uncertainty he’d seen in her eyes since he told his story all the more disheartening. After struggling to come to terms with the fact that his prospects of becoming an officer had crumbled, albeit as a result of his own actions against Cadet Kennedy, now the ramifications were trickling down to her personal life as well. Truth be told, Ekon blamed no one but himself. He was well aware of the fact that he’d had problems controlling himself since the war, though he was also aware that he was hardly the only veteran to have such issues.

With a slight shake of the head, Ekon brought himself back to the present moment and gave Kythalie a soft smile.

”Very well. I believe my quarters are this way,” Ekon told her as he gestured down the corridor, ”though I may be mistaken. I am an Oldie, after all!” With a cheeky wink, he moved off down the hallway, still holding Kythalie’s hand. Even that small contact, and the warmth it held, brought a thrill to the El-Aurian. He glanced at Kythalie as they walked in silence for a short distance, his eyes taking in the smooth skin and contours of the Betazoid’s face, or at least what was visible beyond the woman’s wild curls. From this angle, seeing her face in profile, he couldn’t help but smile. Her nose was small and slightly pointed, which he found adorable, and the sight of her full lips left him wanting to kiss her again, though he knew it might take some time before they came to that again. He didn’t need to be a telepath to tell she was still slightly thrown by his earlier admission.

”What do you know,” Ekon said, looking down at Kythalie’s smaller form as they approached a door, ”I remembered where it was after all. Your youth must be rubbing off on me!” He smiled down at her as they drew up in front of the portal, giving her hand a light squeeze. He reached out with his free hand and pressed the control panel, sending the doors hissing open. As the doors hiss apart, revealing the shared living area of the NCO quarters, a gust of cold air wafted out at them, raising goosebumps on Ekon’s arms and neck.

”I wasn’t joking when I said he kept them cold,” Ekon chuckled as they stepped through the door and into the chill room, his chuckle just barely visible by a faint puff of breath. ”If you want to go into the other room, I have the temperature set to something more livable.” He told her, gesturing towards one of the doors leading to the adjoining rooms. ”I grew up on Earth’s African continent, so I’ve never been very fond of the cold.” He suddenly realized that it might sound as though he was just trying to get her closer to the bed, which was hardly his intention. ”What I meant was, we could sit. In there. If you’d like.” He said, knowing he sounded like an awkward fool. ”Or I could replicate us some jackets. I mean that I don’t… expect anything,” he clarified, glancing down at the floor as he silently cursed himself. He raised his gaze to meet hers once more as he added, ”Though I suppose I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t hopeful…”

He gazed into her eyes, trying to get some sense of her thoughts. For a moment, he envied her for her abilities, suspecting that it would be much easier to deal with people. A thought suddenly struck him, causing him to give her an amused smile. ”You know, my people are known for our ability to listen to others, but it occurs to me that I’ve been doing a great deal of the talking.” He chuckled as he spoke, wondering if Kythalie was cold. He attire, while highly alluring, was hardly ideal for the cool temperature of his quarters’ common area.
Post by: Nolan on October 01, 2018, 10:42:58 AM

Ekon seeed to gladly fill in the role for ancient crewmember as he led the way for Kythalie. The Betazoid amused by his interactions followed closely as he seemed to be unsure at some point if this was the right way. it was pretty obvious that it didn't have anything to do about the ship lay out, nor his old age. Would it? The security officer took the time to look through the corridors, more of a habit as security then intended as she kept up the tread with Ekon.

He spoke up after a short silence as he exclaimed their find of his quarters. She clicked her tongue as she simply answered about her youthfulness rubbing of on him "I think someone certainly wants to rub someone." she shot him a serious look though the corners of her lips pulled into a grin as the doors opened up. The cold chill fleeting from the quarters as Eboh hadn't lied at all about the Andorian crewmember putting the heating down. She visibly shivered a little as she stepped in and looked around in the shared space of the officers. She nodded slowly as she saw the puff of his breath in the shared quarters and she exhaled and saw the same with her, making her smile lightly as it brought back some memories.

He indicated the other room to be more warmer then here, Kythalie's eyes drifting over to Eboh as she felt a tingle of panic rise within him. Slightly amused she watched him adjust his way of getting her in his room, claiming it only to be an alternative of sorts to sit in more agreeable temperatures. Kythalie leaned against the door frame as she raised her brows, seeming not impressed by his speech and playing him to think she was thinking something completely different. He began about replicating jackets and she nodded slowly "Might be an idea..." she mused as she looked out the viewport.

Eventually he spilled more words as he shared with her the hope that more would come of the evening. She smiled warmly at him as she walked over to him and straightened his collar as she looked in his eyes "Isn't that what everyone wants really?" she asked him softly as she looked deeper into his eyes, her black orbs focusing into the depths of his seemingly "To have companionship in this... Cold... Dark... Vastness of space?" she whispered slowly. She let the moments hang in the air for a while before kissing him on the cheek "Can you take me to your room? I'm literally going to freeze here." she admitted now as she shivered again, the goosebumps quite visible on her flesh now as other parts of her body had hardened as well. Luckily for her, the bra had kept her hardened peaks out of sight for now.

She laughed softly about the El-Aurian abilities to listen quite well "I don't mind, I enjoy hearing you talk Oldie." she teased him as she let him guide her to his personal part of the quarters "In case you want me to take more, you just have to ask me questions." she informed him with a grin. Kythalie was usually an open person and would talk for ages, yet tonight she felt like she was in a different mood as she surely was influenced by the dark skinned man's thoughts and emotions.
Post by: Fife on October 03, 2018, 06:34:05 PM
[ PO1 Ekon Okotie-Eboh | Personal Quarters | USS Cayuga | 2378 ] @Nolan

Ekon remained still and studied Kythalie’s face as she approached him and reached up to straighten his collar. He wasn’t sure it had indeed needed to be straightened, but also wasn’t about to object to the woman’s proximity.

”Isn’t that what everyone wants really?” She spoke softly, barely above a whisper. All he could do was stare at her as she spoke. ”To have companionship in this…Cold…Dark…Vastness of space?” He supposed she was right, though if he was being honest with himself, it had been some time since he had sought companionship of any kind. His mind drifted briefly to days long past, the faces of two different women briefly appearing in his thoughts before he was startled back to the present when Kythalie’s lips landed on his cheek.

She asked if they could go into his room, claiming she was going to freeze if they stayed in the shared area. Ekon gave her a small smile. ”Of course. We can’t have you freezing!” Ekon replied, giving her a mischievous look as he steered her towards the doors to one of the adjoining rooms, his hand on the small of her back. She teased him a little as they moved towards his quarters, calling him Oldie once again. ”Though maybe I should keep you in here a while longer. It might make you a little less cheeky, and then we’d have to cuddle for warmth.” He fired back as the doors hissed open at their approach. It almost looked as though a small cloud of steam rolled towards them as the doors allowed some of the warmer air within to escape into the frigid room. The doors slid shut quickly after they had stepped through, and Ekon couldn’t help but chuckle. ”I programmed the doors to close as soon as people get through them. I do not want to lose all the heat every time I come or go.” He explained with a grin. ”I’m going to have to talk to my roommate about the temperature. I swear he turned it down even more.”

The room they had entered was the typical NCO’s quarters and were no different than Kythalie’s own, except possibly for the fact that they held nothing in the way of personal possessions aside from a handful of photographs, though the frames sat stacked on one of the shelves and were not actually set up or displayed. The result was almost a feeling of vacancy, as though nobody actually lived there. The only sign of occupancy besides the stack of photographs and the fact that the bed was made was a PADD lying on the bedside table.

”I’m afraid your only options for sitting are the bed or the bench.” Ekon informed her with a chuckle. ”If you want anything to drink, I can venture back out into the cold and get us something from the replicator.” He was suddenly craving a raktajino, or anything warm after standing in the icy air of the shared area. He was definitely going to have a talk with that Andorian. Once she had told him what she wanted, he quickly went back into the other room, returning with the drinks and sitting himself next to Kythalie on the bed.

"Alright, young one," Eboh teased as he handed her the drink, the joke about her age somehow only serving to make him feel older, "While you thaw out, you can tell me why you decided to join Starfleet."
Post by: Nolan on October 09, 2018, 11:48:24 AM
[ PO2 Kythalie Benmual | Oldie Quarters | USS Cayuga | 2378 ] @Fife  

Kythalie couldn't help but laugh at his remark about having her stay a little longer out in the cold "Any excuse will do for you to have some young flesh huh?" she teased him further, falling back to the teasing mood she had been earlier that night "As for the cheekiness, I thought, you enjoyed that." she answered him as he guided her into his personal quarters. It was a bit of a surprise to see the puff of steam roll her way as the doors had opened. Kythalie wondered if the room of the El-Aurian was just hot or if it was really just freezing in the communal area.

When the two of them were just in the doors hissed shut quickly and the Betazoid looked over her shoulder at it as Ekon set her at ease. Claiming he had programmed the doors to drift shut to preserve heat. She smiled faintly "Sure, that's what all sociopath murderers say." she grinned and she nodded about his roommate "Uhu, if he ever wants non Andorian company he'll have to raise the temperature just a bit or find an ice queen to date." she exclaimed as she felt a cold shudder run down her spine.

She skimmed over the interior of the room which only solidified any vibe she'd get about sociopath killers. The lack of personal hints in the room were a bit obvious. The pictures he did have were stacked on top of one another and she slowly made her way over to them as she asked "Mind if I looked?" her eyes trailing back to Ekon as she looked him over from head to toe, seemingly sizing him up for a minute before she looked him in the eyes.

At the mention of drinks she smiled broadly and the craving of Ekon for Raktajino brushed off on Kythalie as she ordered the arm variant of the drink for herself. She watched him leave and loitered around a bit more in the room before she sat down on his bed and waited for his return. When he did she looked up, one hand supporting herself on the bed as she was leaning back a little and the other hand reached out to grab the cup he had along for her.

"Why I decided to join the Fleet?" she laughed as she blew over the warm substance before taking a nip "Well..." she thought about the question, trailing it back to where she had to start "I was born and raised on Betazed.  I used to watch the night sky for hours as a child. Along with that, my older brothers both joined Starfleet... One served in the Federation's garrison that was designated to protect Betazed, the other went to the Academy. I always looked up at them and well when I was old enough I signed up. I chose to go for something more physical then the line work, much to the worry of my parents. I enrolled in bootcamp and I performed well there as I loved sports when I grew up..." she paused as she nurtured the cup she was holding "What about you? Why did you join the fleet?"
Post by: Fife on October 11, 2018, 06:46:20 PM

Ekon watched Kythalie as she made an inspection of his quarters, or at least of what few personal items there were in them. The inspection did not take long. She came to the small stack of photographs and asked if he minded if she looked. A small smile spread over his lips as he nodded, adding a ”Go ahead.”

If she were to look as he left the room to fetch the drinks, she would find 4 framed photographs. The first showing a very young Eboh, around 6 or 7 years old, standing with a tall man who’s skin was even darker than the young Ekon’s. They were dressed in civilian clothes, and standing in front of a small, well kept house with broad smiles on their faces. The next photograph was a portrait of a dark skinned woman with dreadlocks and a warm smile. She was dressed in colourful clothing, sitting on the ground leaning against a palm tree. The third photo was another portrait, this time of a Latina woman with bright eyes and a cheeky smile. The last photo showed a man and a woman standing together in an unfamiliar setting. The man was smiling warmly and had his arm around the woman’s shoulders. The woman’s smile was happy, and she held both her hands as though cradling her pregnant belly.

Eboh grinned as he returned with the two hot drinks, finding Kythalie sitting on the bed. ”Did you have a good snoop?” Ekon teased, handing her the drink before seating himself beside her. He listened as she told him what brought her to join Starfleet, about looking up at the stars as a child. She spoke of her parents being worried at her chosen career path, which made him give her a small smile.

”I decided to join Starfleet because I didn’t know what else to do. I had come to a low point in my life, though honestly Starfleet was not my first choice. My mother went to the Academy and graduated as a counsellor. I had seen very little of her growing up, since she was always working or going to the Academy. Then, when she graduated, she just left. I never saw her again. I was 15.” Ekon shrugged then, giving Kythalie a smile. ”I enlisted in Starfleet because I didn’t know where else to go. Not a very noble motive for someone who’s served in the fleet so long, is it?” He chuckled shaking his head slightly. ”I initially enlisted in the Medical department. I was a Nurse for many years before I switched to Operations.” Ekon took a long sip from his cup before he continued. ”Sometimes I wonder if I made the right choice. I have spent a lot of time lodged in Jefferies tubes since switching to Operations, and I’m not a small man.” He smiled at her then, expecting some teasing remark from the caramel skinned woman.
Post by: Nolan on October 12, 2018, 08:28:41 PM
[ PO2 Kythalie Benmual | Oldie Quarters | USS Cayuga | 2378 ]
@Fife  

Kythalie smiled enthusiastically as she got Ekon's permission to look at the pictures. She cycled through them as he was gone for the drinks. Without him explaining them, they looked like important people in his life. She assumed the man standing with young Eboh would be his father. The next she assumed to be his mother and he drew a blank who the latina woman might be. Did she have any point of interest in his life that he hadn't told her about? She felt her stomach turn a little as she shook her head. The last picture she saw made her smile as she ran her fingertips over the picture before placing them down again on the place she found them.

As Eboh returned she smiled up at him and nodded slowly "Who were they?" she asked softly as she took the drink in her hands. After hearing his answer she continued with telling him about why she joined the fleet. After that it was Oldie's turn and she smiled as she sipped from her drink and listened to him while looking him in the eyes. She felt sorry and a bit sad for him as he told her his mother left him at fifteen. She was surprised that he had joined medical first before he switched to operations.

"Why did you switch to operations?" she asked softly "I mean, the teal would really accentuate your eyes well." she teased before she let him answer. "Did you ever hear or see your mother again?" she asked next, the tough questions coming up without Kythalie really holding back. She wasn't asking them aggressively though, yet her curious side truly did surface now as she inspecting him at each response he made. In the end she was grinning as she remarked "Well... Perhaps you should tell your supervisor that old people don't fit in tubes unless they're ready to be sent to the morgue."
Post by: Fife on October 13, 2018, 04:50:12 AM

Kythalie had asked who the people in the pictures were as Eboh had returned from getting the drinks. After handing her the mug and sitting on the bed, he gave her a considering look. ”Old ghosts.” Eboh informed her softly, giving her a sad smile. ”People who helped shape the person I am today.” He had no objection to her knowing who the people were, though felt like he’d put enough of a damper on the evening for the moment, and decided the past was best left in the past for the moment.

As they talked about joining Starfleet, the names of those people kept running through his head. Several of them had been Starfleet. When Kythalie asked him why he made the switch to operations, adding the teasing remark about teal setting off his eyes, Ekon chuckled softly as he considered his answer. Finally, he settled on the blunt truth. ”To be honest, I switched because I grew tired of seeing people injured and torn up.” He still spoke softly, his voice sounding as though his thoughts were distant. ”Working on the ship is nice. It doesn’t scream at you when it’s injured.” He added, giving her a weak smile to go with the rather dark comment. Kythalie asked if he’d ever seen his mother again. He laughed as she asked this, amused at how the conversation had turned from flirting to much more serious topics.

And personal.

Eboh rose to his feet and moved over to the shelf that held the photographs, laughing as he went as Kythalie made a remark about Old people, tubes and the morgue. ”If I told my supervisor that, he might just decide that my age qualified me for the morgue rather than active duty!” Eboh shot back, continuing the cheeky verbal jousting they had been carrying on. He shot her a sly glance over his shoulder, looking at the wild haired beauty sitting on his bed. ”Though they might as well use us Oldies in the Jefferies tubes, since they seem to be recruiting security officers from kindergartens.” He added in a chuckling manner, sticking his tongue out at her for good measure. Turning his attention back to the shelf, he retrieved the photographs and made his way back to the bed. The El-Aurian was well aware of the fact that the mood had shifted aware from a romantic evening, and so he saw no need to hold out hope for such things. The truth was, he was simply enjoying Kythalie’s company this evening, and he found himself willing to open up to her. Seating himself on the bed next to her once more, he raised his gaze from the stack of photographs and looked into the caramel skinned woman’s deep black eyes once more. ”You wanted to know who they were, well…”

Ekon looked down, pulling the photograph of the man and woman from the stack. ”This is my mother, Reala, and father. It may sound strange, but my mother never told me his name. He stayed behind to defend the El-Aurian home world from the Borg while my mother fled to the Federation. She refused to speak of him, always saying it was too painful. All I know is that he was Human. I was born after my mother was picked up by the Enterprise-B.” He glanced up at Kythalie before he continued. ”To answer your question from before, no. I never saw my mother again. I don’t even know if she is still alive, though I would imagine she is, being a full-blooded El-Aruian.” He turned his attention back to the photographs then, placing the one of his mother and father face-down on the mattress between them. Next he picked the one of him as a child. ”When I was three my mother married again. This is my step-father, Alexander Okotie-Eboh. He was a great man, very patient and kind. He taught me many things when I was a boy, and took care of me while my mother was out drinking and being foolish.” Ekon gently ran a hand over the photograph, feeling a happy affection for the Human man standing with his hands on the young Ekon’s shoulders. ”Alexander was in his 40s when this photograph was taken, so he has most likely passed by now. He and my mother were only married for 4 years before he divorced her. She had been running around on him, and he had had enough.” Ekon sighed as he stared at the photograph for a moment. ”He gave me a silver cross before he went. He was a very religious man, and he told me to wear it always, and to remember him. I have never taken it off since then.”

Ekon stopped speaking suddenly and looked up at Kythalie then, giving her a broad grin. ”I really do seem like an old man, now!” He laughed, shaking his head. ”Showing old photographs and talking about memories of the past. I might need that nursing home after all!” The big man’s shoulder’s shook as he laughed, realizing that he might well have just have earned Kythalie’s use of the nickname “Oldie”. ”Don’t you say anything! I don’t need your cheekiness to rub in how old I feel!” He added, laughing to the point of causing a single mirth-filled tear to roll down his cheek.
Post by: Nolan on October 13, 2018, 12:15:05 PM
@Fife

She noticed the sad smile on his face as she had asked about the pictures and as he simply answered her that they were old ghosts she smiled faintly as she wondered if this was the wrong time to ask questions like this. However as their conversation continued it seemed like the dark skinned man seemed to be open enough to talk about his history. Especially with her questions prying further into his past.

She could understand why he wanted to switch as medical would be nothing for her. Not that the sight of blood and all made her squeamish. It's just as he said that the pain, and sometimes the inability to prevent death would get more to her. She did meet her fair share of death and loss in her past though, though with medical it felt like it would be more of her job to prevent all that loss of life. As Security, she'd cause her fair share of injuries to those on the receiving end.

She did have a remark ready to be fired at him about the ship groaning when it was under duress. When the plating and the bulkheads would cringe at the pressure of the vastness of space. She let the idea slide as she did get the feeling that all of this was rather personal. He suddenly stood up though as he walked over to the photographs and took them over to her back on the bed.

She had laughed lightly at his remark about letting kindergartners in security and she shook her head, poking her tongue out as her only response to that. As he spoke up once more she smiled and nodded, surprised at how open he was with her. She didn't mind, she felt honored really. She scooted closer as she rested her head against his shoulder. Her hands slowly holding his arm as if to support him as he cycled through the pictures. It felt like the right thing to do, regardless of what was to come.

Kythalie remained silent throughout his telling about his mother, how she left him and about his step father and his role in Ekon's life. It was a very laden and hard topic it seemed as she could feel his emotions scream through the room. She moistened her lips lightly as he stopped talking, admitting that he actually felt old now. She refrained as he asked to give a cheeky reply to him and she nodded slowly, silently as she studied him.

She noticed the single tear running down his cheek and she brought her hand up to wipe it away, her soft fingers running against his face as she turned his head back to hers. She looked into his eyes with her big black orbs. "Sorry, I made you remember all these things..." she whispered "Thank you for sharing them with me though..." she admitted with a faint smile. Slowly she kissed his cheek and cuddled his arm before she looked back at the pictures, there were still some left and she was still curious, though she wouldn't blame him if he wanted to stop here and just retire for the night.
Post by: Fife on October 14, 2018, 09:13:34 PM

Ekon turned his gaze to Kythalie as she reached up and stroked his face, wiping away the single tear that had rolled down his cheek. He felt the soft skin of her hand against his cheek, and found himself staring into her black gaze once again. The reflection of the room’s lights glinted in the vast blackness of her eyes, making it seem as though she held the stars in her gaze.
and smiled as she apologized for making him remember these people. The smile was warm, kind and without sadness. ”There’s no need to apologize, Kythalie. If I did not want to remember these things, these people, then I would not keep their photographs.” His smile broadened as Kythalie kissed his cheek and snuggled into his arm. He looked down at her and saw that she was looking at the remaining two pictures. He could tell she wanted to know about the other two, despite the fact that she remained silent. Ekon gently placed the picture her still held down on top of the first, then lifted the next in the pile. The picture was that of the dreadlocked woman. Her skin was darker than Kythalie’s, though not as dark as Eboh’s. She wore a red, yellow and green headband that kept her dreads out of her face, an orange tank top and a pair of jeans with the legs rolled up to mid-calf. Her left arm was crossover her chest, her hand resting on her right shoulder, the ring finger of which sported a small diamond ring. Her toothy smile was broad and warm, radiating happiness.

”Her name was Cassandra. She was a Human, born in Jamaica, and an archeologist. In 2343, after I had served in Starfleet for about 17 years, I decided to leave the Fleet and try out life as a civilian. That is when I met Cass. We got married two years later. We travelled all over the Alpha Quadrant for her work.” He smiled at the photograph, as he did every time he looked at it. ”We’d been married about 9 years, and were heading back to Earth to take a break from all of the travel. Our ship was attacked by raiders. Klingons.” Ekon sighed softly, his breath escaping through his nose. ”Our ship managed to escape, though I was badly wounded and don’t remember much. Cassandra died in the attack.” He placed the photograph down gently on top of the other two and looked at Kythalie. ”I drifted around for a few years before I re-enlisted in Starfleet. I did not know what else to do with myself. I’ve been in the Fleet ever since.” He gave a shrug, watched the woman who sat next to him as a hint of mischief crept into his eyes. ”I believe this is a good opportunity for you to make a comment about old dogs and new tricks.” He shifted his weight, leaning against Kythalie as he teased her.

Finally, Ekon lifted the last photograph. It showed the Latina woman with the bright eyes and cheeky grin. Her curly dark hair was down, flowing over her shoulders and back. She wore a gold Starfleet uniform with an Ensign’s rank on the collar, and had her arms cross under her chest. He expression suggested she had just said something teasing to the photographer, who was presumably Eboh. ”This is Teresa Vasquez. She was an engineer I met while serving aboard the Hiroshima just before the war. We kept out relationship a secret, as we thought it might be seen as inappropriate for an officer to be romantically involved with a Petty Officer. Our relationship came to light a few years later when I was nearly killed by a Jem’Hadar boarding party. A medical orderly and I had been carrying a wounded crewman to sickbay when we came across three Jem’Hadar. The orderly was killed, but I managed to get myself and the wounded crewman into a room off the corridor. Three Jem’Hadar came after us. I managed to put two down, but the third came at my from behind and stabbed me through the abdomen with a large knife. I still have the scars on my stomach and back form it.” Ekon chuckled then, the sound seeming to come at an odd time given the story he was relating. ”I was out for 2 days. When I came to, the Doctor informed me that Teresa had been somewhat hysterical, and that our relationship had come to light. Apparently everyone had already known anyway.” Ekon chuckled again, turning an amused gaze to Kythalie. ”I’ve been told that I’m not very good at keeping things hidden. I would make a terrible spy.” He informed her with a wink before turning his attention back to the photograph. ”Teresa died a few months after that. We were on an away mission to try and help a disabled Starfleet vessel. A Cardassian vessel attacked, and they sent boarding parties to try and prevent us from helping the disabled ship. One of those boarding parties got the drop on us, and Teresa was killed.” Ekon stared silently at the picture he held for a moment before he continued. ”I don’t remember much of what happened next. I was told later that I went crazy. Apparently I killed a couple of the Cardassians with a phaser before I got shot in the arm, then I killed one with my bare hands. The rest of the away team had to drag me off of him.” Ekon’s voice had grown a bit quiet as he spoke the last confession. The El-Aurian had set down the photograph on the pile and sat staring down at his hands, which now rested on his lap. ”It is not something I am particularly proud of…”

After a moment Ekon seemed to shake himself out of the funk, turning his attention back to the woman stiing beisde him. "So there you have it. Plenty of sad history form a silly Oldie who had well and truely ruined the mood of the evening!" Ekon laughed as he spoke, raising a hand to pat Kythalie's which still cuddled his arm. "I don't think I've ever told anyone this much about myself. You seem to have a disarming effect on me, Kythalie," Ekon gave the Betazoid a wink as he added, "you must be an excellent interrogator!"
Post by: Nolan on October 16, 2018, 10:03:57 AM
@Fife 

He told her to not apologize for bringing up the memories and she nodded with a smile, a faint on still as he smiled broader himself. Kythalie remained close to Ekon as he brought a new picture on top of the pile. Her eyes moving over the woman as she got the feeling she was a rather important person in his. All of them would have played a real role in his life if he chose to take pictures of them along.

She listened to the tale of Cassandra, feeling herself shift in the bed as he spoke so easily of death and loss. The man next to her having to live through the worst time of one's life as the loss of a loved one was always an unbearable loss. She wasn't sure how she needed to respond to all the information about Cassandra being dead and how he had picked up the pieces of his life again to move on. She didn't notice the mischief in his eyes and as he leaned against her to make a comment about old dogs and new tricks she smiled even fainter then before "No, that wouldn't be right in it's place here..." she said with a soft voice before she looked back up at Ekon.

The final picture surfaced now as it showed the Latina woman who wore a Starfleet uniform. Again the tale began of love and how they were dating in secrecy. Though it seemed like Ekon was bad at keeping secrets, most of all... He was bad at staying safe. He spoke of the Jem'Hadar assaulting the Hiroshima. Kythalie looking up at him as he spoke, sorrow coming to her features as she heard about Teresa was killed during an away mission by Cardassians. He spoke of his uncontrollable rage after that, how he had killed two Cardies and went with just physical force to get the last. It made her wonder about the assault charge that had gotten him expelled from the Academy. Was it a similar kind of case?

''Sad story being an understatement..." she answered him as she looked up at him and gave him a hug "I didn't think a person should have that much sorrow and sadness in his life. It's... Cruel really..." Kythalie felt his hand on hers as he patted it and as he spoke of her having a disarming effect on him she smiled more warmly. "I'm an okay interrogator.." she admitted before she rested her head against his shoulder "I'm sorry for everything you had to go through... Though, I guess it formed you to the man you are now." she whispered as she looked back up at him and simply rested her figure against his.
Post by: Fife on October 21, 2018, 10:08:45 PM

Kythalie gave him a hug as she spoke, then rested her head against his shoulder once more. She apologized for everything he’d gone through, speaking in a whisper. His stories had thoroughly dampened the energy of the evening, and he could tell she was feeling sorry for him. She looked back up at him then, staring at him with those dark eyes of hers as she leaned against him.

”Stop apologizing, Kythalie! If anyone should be apologizing, it’s me. I’ve gone and ruined an otherwise wonderful evening.” Ekon rumbled as he slipped his arm around her shoulders. ”Besides, I’m hardly the only one in the universe that had been through such things!” He gave her a slight squeeze as he looked into her eyes. ”Now come, young one. Tell the Oldie something to cheer him up and wash away the damper I have put on our mood!” He chuckled, giving her a cheeky wink. ”I’m sure a pretty young thing like yourself has plenty of good stories to entertain an old man!” He smiled, hoping to bring her out of the funk that his memories seemed to have put her in. ”The nice thing about dealing with us oldies is that, with our memories fading with age, you can tell us the same story multiple times and we’ll always think it’s new!”

Ekon removed his arm from Kythalie’s shoulders then and picked up the photographs, moving to replace them on the shelf. He turned and regarded the caramel skinned woman who still sat on his bed, wondering if she was counting the minutes until she could get out of here now that he’d gone and destroyed the evening’s previous frivolity. He strode back to the bed and sat back down next to the Betazoid, bumping her and giving her a friendly look. ”So let’s have it, Benmual,” Ekon teased her and gave her a grin, ”Tell us a story to cheer an old man up!” As he finished, he leaned forward and across Kythalie to reach for his mug, which he had placed on the bedside table. "Or you could try and one-up me, and we could turn this into a proper pity party!" Ekon chuckled, glancing sideways at her as he leaned over.
Post by: Nolan on October 26, 2018, 10:52:54 AM
@Fife

He urged her to stop apologizing as he slipped his arm around her shoulders and gave her a slight squeeze as he looked in her eyes. Did she have any stories that could cheer him up? She had to think about it as she gazed back into his eyes and gave a slow nod. He seemed to be not in a depressed state as she'd imagine he'd be after sharing such intense, raw stories of his past. Perhaps time had washed away the pain and sadness, or perhaps time had given the loss a place in the man's emotions. She'd not dwell further on it as he stood up to place the pictures away.

As she was sunken in thoughts and running through her childhood memories, Ekon came back to the bed and bumped his shoulder into her, which startled her at first yet made her laugh eventually as she swatted against his shoulder. She had just the story set for him, about a teenage Kythalie who used to climb the trees and swam into the oceans of Betazed. The wildlife she had encountered there and the adventures she had. He spoke however to try and one up him on sad stories and her face changed from excited to somewhat serious and perhaps even a tinge of sadness in them.

Sob stories weren't Benmual's specialty, yet her tale about her return to Betazed was one that could perhaps trump his stories, though it'd be a close call... She cleared her throat and nodded slightly "Okay... I got a personal story for you. Just to ruin the evening entirely." she stated with a faint smile before she bumped her shoulder back into him. She took a deep breath before she started.

"In 2373 I had completed my training at bootcamp for security. After some encouragement and recommendations I had gone to the Academy to become an ensign. I joined the academy in that year as well... This was the time when Betazed had come under the attack of the Dominion. The few messages I got from my parents and brother encouraged me to stay on Earth. Yet it didn't take much long after to hear that my brother had gone missing. He was part of the Starfleet garrison that was tasked to defend Betazed. During the occupation all communications were cut with my family, I had no idea how they were doing. I did however get the holofeeds and the news. Reports of my homeworld set ablaze and how thousands if not millions of Betazoids were suffering. It was hard to endure my studies. So when I heard that the Federation decided to mobilize a fleet to end Betazed's occupation I jumped out of the Academy and joined the USS Elkins." she told him as her fiddled with her hands "So goodbye to my chance to become a line officer. I got my first real experience of engagement and war on board. The pain, rawness... All of it. Yet the worst was yet to come. I volunteered to be part of the ground teams that would fight on Betazed's soil. On the ground the Dominion's atrocities and actions were even more visceral. Parts of Betazed simply unrecognizable during their occupations as I saw death, mutilation, pain, anger, sorrow and loss."

She swallowed as she felt the emotions boil up inside of her once more, it seemed like she still struggled with the events "Our team fought and worked piece by piece to conquer my world back. It was almost near the end of the conflict that the team I was in got hit by an orbital strike. It wiped out a whole housing block and a lot of my friends and teammates perished in the attack. I was injured badly and brought to one of Betazed's clinics that still operated, for surgery and recovery. I was granted to remain on my home world by the USS Elkins' captain. To get my physiotherapy and counseling sessions and what else." a faint smile covering her features at the kindness and understanding of the captain "During that time I traveled to the island chain where I grew up. It had been hit pretty hard during the occupation though we had nothing of interest on our island. I tried to look for my family, yet there were no reports of them being counted as casualties. Amidst the chaos the documents might've gone missing, or they were taken by the Dominion to..." she didn't finish the sentence as she shook her head, hoping that her parents had found their end on Betazed. The alternative a thought she'd not want to dwell upon.
Post by: Fife on October 30, 2018, 12:37:44 AM

Ekon listened in silence as Kythalie told her story, not wanting to interrupt her as she recounted the tale of the young miss Benmual who had given up her chance to become an officer so that she could take part in the liberation of her homeworld. Eboh could understand the desire to protect one’s homeworld to a degree, his people having lost theirs to the Borg. Of course, those events had taken place just before Ekon’s birth, so their situations were somewhat different, but growing up knowing that his people had forever lost their home to a hostile action left him with an understand of what she must have been going through at the time. His heart went out to her as she spoke of the atrocities carried about by the Dominion on Betazed, having himself witnessed the horrible acts carried out by the Dominion during his own wartime service.

He watched as she swallowed hard, fighting against the emotions brought on by the painful memories. Ekon had no doubt that witnessing the brutal treatment that the Dominion had subjected those on her home planet to had left a permanent wound etched on the caramel skinned woman’s heart, as it had so many during the war.

She spoke of being wounded in an orbital strike, with many of her friends and comrades being killed or wounded in the strike as well. She told him of searching for her family, never knowing what had become of them. Again, he could understand how Kythalie felt, having experienced something similar. Yes, his father had died before he was born, Alexander had left due to his mother’s infidelity, and his mother and simple left one day and never returned for him, but he understood the sense of loss she must have felt, the sense of desperation as she searched for any sign of them. She broke off at the end of her story, seemingly unwilling to complete the thought she had left off on. Eboh couldn’t blame her. The idea of someone you loved being taken by the Dominion, lost forever and facing god knows what sort of horror for the rest of their lives, was something Eboh wouldn’t wish on anyone.

Once she had finished talking, Eboh took a deep breath, blowing the air out through pursed lips. He turned his head and looked down at Kythalie, his eyes locking on hers as he finally broke his silence. ”Well, that settles it.” He rumbled, fighting to suppress the impish smile  which threatened to spread across his features. ”I thought I had ruined the evening, but you have well and truly killed it.” He gave her a wink as he teased her, finally letting the grin appear on his face as he tried to lighten the mood, hoping to raise Kythalie’s dampened spirits at the same time. ”I’m sorry, it might seem like poor taste to tease you after you opened up about such a painful memory, but over my years I have learned that there is merit to the old saying. Laughter is the best medicine.” Eboh regained his composure for a moment, looking back down at the Betazoid. ”I am sorry for what you went though, and for the loss of your family. I know that it cannot have been easy, and that nothing I will say will make it better.” Ekon told her, placing a hand on her shoulder. His hand seemed massive as it rested on the slender yet muscular perch of Kythalie’s shoulder. ”Time does heal, though. Eventually the pain will subside, and you will remember the good times which you enjoyed with your family.” That impish glint was back in his eyes, and his facial muscles tightened as he fought back the grin. ”Though you may never get over the pain of that one horrible evening you spent with and Old man who, how did you phrase it? Who was “just after some young flesh.”" Eboh chuckled as he teased her, unable to help himself. That was another thing he had learned over the past eight decades of his life: You can't take yourself too seriously. That, and you could never have too much coffee. Both were, in Eboh's mind at least, extremely valuable lessons.
Post by: Nolan on October 31, 2018, 07:11:33 PM
@Fife

The initial response of Eboh was quite different from what Kythalie had expected. She simply looked at him with her black pools before he explained himself. The corners of her lips tugging lightly as her smile came back faintly. "It'll be either that or your old age had really made you forget how to listen to others like El-Aurians should." she shot back at him before finding some solace in his words. She eventually gave a shrug "I've found peace with myself to leave the past for what it is. I think if I were to dig further or look more into it, I'll probably leave the Fleet and find nothing more but sorrow and pain." she said softly.

"I can only hope that as you say time will mend, but sometimes I still wake up at night with nightmares from my time on Betazed, my beautiful home where I could live so carefree and without a problem to my mind... Yet now, it has that bitter taste in the back of my mouth..." she sighed as it truly did ruin their light evening of fun and shenanigans. At least she won the sadness contest. If that was a prize to be proud of was yet to be seen. Ekon did try to lighten up the mood once more as he made an attempt to tease her.

"Mmh, what a perverted man that was..." she agreed "First giving the impression he'd just want a piece of young flesh between his sheets only to pry out some emotional memories..." she summarized it with a thoughtful look on her face "I think I might need to speak to his medical officer about increasing his meds or something... He's really off." Her eyes moved over him to gauge his reaction before she started laughing "I have to admit, you're hopeless in any way of seduction." she teased him before she shook the nasty memories out of her head, her wild hair following delayed by her head movements and causing for a ripple like effect.

"I think I might need something stronger to drink then just this warm drink. Something real strong..." she smiled as she looked at Ekon, hoping he''d venture back out into the cold of the shared quarters to get her something.
Post by: Fife on November 01, 2018, 10:32:37 PM

Ekon grinned as Kythalie joked about what a pervert he was, unable to hold himself back his retort. ”You can hardly blame the old man! It’s hard to resist when a piece of young flesh parks herself on your lap!” Ekon shrugged as he considered the last part of her comment, ”Us old men, we do love our stories.” He give her a wink as he added the last. As she began to laugh, telling him he was hopeless at seduction, he could do little but join in the laughter. ”You are not wrong. To be honest, things went a lot smoother when I let you do the seducing. Perhaps I’ll learn to keep my mouth shut in the future…”

When she mentioned needing a stronger drink, smiled and rose from the bed. He felt reuctant to leave her side, though he was under no impression that the evening was going to go in the direction that it’s earlier events had suggested. ”A strong drink? I know just the thing.” The dark skinned man gave her a grin before he turned away and headed for the door, feeling the cold air hit him as the doors slid open. He mentally grumbled at his roommate as he made his way to the replicator and ordered their drinks.

Eboh returned to the room holding two glasses and carrying a bottle turned under one arm. The bottle was shaped much like an old Earth powder horn. Eboh held one of the glasses out for Kythalie to take, grinning at the Betazoid as he did. ”One strong drink, as ordered,” he informed her, waiting until she took the glass before setting the bottle on the bedside table and seating himself next to her once more, ”Saurian brandy. Bringer of good decisions and drowner of sorrows.” Eboh let out a low, rumbling chuckle as he spoke, smiling at the woman seated next to him. He took a long sip from his own glass, watching Kythalie as he did so to gauge her reaction, unsure if she had ever had the drink before.

"I once heard a doctor joke that Saurian Brandy could make you go blind." Ekon told the caramel skinned woman as he lowered his glass form his lips, giving her a cheeky smile. "It's absolute nonsense of course. I've had it plenty of times, and the only thing I've lost is my memory." Eboh narrowed his eyes at her theatrically. "And there are some present who I'm sure would simply chalk that up to senility!"
Post by: Nolan on November 12, 2018, 11:05:32 AM
@Fife

She couldn't help but smile a bit more as Ekon defended himself from the title as pervert. There was a valid point in men in general being unable to resist anything when women would place themselves on their lap. The darker thoughts and memories she had got pushed aside as she let the humor of Ekon sip through once more "Well, I suppose it'll be a lesson learned for future dates." she answered him as he admitted to being hopeless in the way of seduction "Who knew an oldie could learn from a youthful girl..." she teased before laughing

She watched Ekon leave the room, reluctantly as she read his body language though Kythalie smiled as he claimed to know just the thing. She had the thought cross her mind that it would be Saurian brandy as the man clearly had an obsession about it. Why else would one even talk to his superior about it, regardless if asked about it. Perhaps all operation crewmen had a drinking problem? A case study she could conduct during her hours if things would grow boring.

The doors slid open once more as the colder air from the communal area breezed at her legs once more. It caused for a shudder to go over her body and she pressed her lips together as she looked Ekon up. She gazed at the two glasses he had in his hand and her brow rose as she spotted the bottle under his arm "Going to pour all of that in the youngsters are we? If I were from Security I'd say it would be a very... Very... dubious way of seduction."

She took the drink from Ekon as she looked at the contents and rolled the beverage around in the glass as he announced the contents of it. It made her lips curl into a grin as she was amused by his talking. "Good to know in that case, no risk of impending blindness... As for the memory loss, I think it'd be wrong to blame it on the drink oldie." she smirked before she ticked her glass against his "To sob stories and a better future." she toasted before she downed the drink instantly and let the burn claim her throat all the way down to her stomach. It was a good reminder to feel alive at least.
Post by: Fife on November 14, 2018, 07:45:03 PM

Eboh laughed at Kythalie’s toast, clinking his glass against hers before raising it to take another sip. He watched Kythalie down her drink, his eyebrows raising in surprise. A wry smile crept over his features as he watched Kythalie lower the now-empty glass. ”While I agree that pouring strong drink into a youngster is a less than savoury form of seduction, I think you’ve just proved that I don’t need to pour it into you.” Ekon told her with a chuckle, shaking his head slightly as he spoke. ”You might want to take it easy. Saurian Brandy may not make you go blind, but it’s still strong stuff.” Eboh’s smile broadened before he continued.

”Besides which, I think we both know that any chance of seduction this evening has, regrettably, long since passed. I’ve grown wise to your wily charms, and am now immune to them.” The dark-skinned man informed her, his rumbling tone one of amusement tinged with a hint of disappointed resignation. ”At this point I simply do not want to try and hold that wild hair of yours out of your face if you get sick.” Eboh nudged Kythalie with his elbow, casting a mischievous glance in her direction. ”Youngsters like you haven’t had a chance to learn their limits yet.” The half El-Aurian teased, giving the Betazoid a wink as he continued to goad her. ”You think you can keep up with us Oldies, but it never ends well.”

With those words, Eboh downed the rest of his own drink and reached across Kythalie to retrieve the bottle from his nightstand to pour them both another measure.
Post by: Nolan on November 27, 2018, 10:20:34 AM
@Fife

A grin formed on Kythalie's lips as she shot Ekon a look "You're the one that brought a bottle... And I was thirsty." she replied as she gave him a false mock and tilted her head away from him. Whilst doing so though, she offered him her empty glass, assuming he'd take the hint and to fill her up again. "Besides, who says a girl like me can't hold her liquor?" she smirked. She did turn her gaze back to him as he spoke further, her mind toying to either tease the old man or to leave it be at that.

She decided to leave it be, yet the comment about holding her wild hair out of her face when she'd get sick simply opened up a target she couldn't miss but comment on. "Would you want to hold my wild hair out of my face if it was for anything else but puking?" she asked suggestively as she narrowed her eyes to the El-Aurian. In return she did nudge her shoulder back to him before she started laughing. She kept her eyes on Ekon as she stretched herself, perhaps deliberately showing off her chest to him as it turned out to be a slow stretch, some of her vertebrae cracked under the pose before she sighed "Are we really turning this into a drinking game oldie? I mean... I know you're desperate for young flesh.. But sheesh... Imagine the look on your caretaker when they find you with vomit all around your bed. You should know that old age and wild drinks don't match."

She couldn't help but tease the dark skinned man, it was just too easy...
Post by: Fife on December 02, 2018, 11:29:30 PM
[ PO1 Ekon Okotie-Eboh | Personal Quarters | USS Cayuga | 2378 ] Attn: @Nolan

Eboh chuckled at Kythalie’s remark, uncorking the bottle as he did so and tipping it to pour more of the potent liquid into the empty glass she offered up to be refilled. When Kythalie asked who had stated a girl like her couldn’t hold her liquor, Eboh offered her a shocked expression, feigning innocence.

Kythalie was certainly sharp of wit, firing back about his hair holding comment with a rather suggestive remark about what other activities might see him holding her hair out of the way. Eboh twisted to face Kythalie then, resting a hand on the mattress behind them as he looked at her with narrowed eyes. ”Oh, I can think of a few things that would have me holding your hair out of your face, Kythalie,” he informed her, the corners of his mouth curving upwards in the makings of a smile as he reached up and lightly brushed the woman’s wild mane of hair with the backs of his fingers. ”Though I would point out that you can hardly blame an Oldie like me for wanting young flesh, especially when the young flesh keeps making such suggestive remarks!” Eboh’s face broke out into a broad grin then, his eyes twinkling with a mixture of restrained desire and mischief as he gave her a wink. ”If you keep bringing up such topics, you might give an old man the wrong idea.” She stretched then, showing off her form once more as the slow stretch dragged on. Eboh couldn’t help himself, his eyes traveling down to take in the view. The mood of the night may have staled, but he could still appreciate a beautiful woman.

Eboh threw his head back and laughed as Kythalie teased him, turning his comment about puking against him. He was starting to get the feeling that he was an easy target for Kythalie’s teasing, out of practice as he was with this sort of banter. ”Why don’t we simply try to enjoy the rest of the night without either of us throwing up.” Eboh suggested, raising his glass towards Kythalie. ”And I would hardly call this a drinking game! We’ve laid down no rules or consequences. Unless you kids don’t play games like Truth or Dare or Never Have I Ever anymore?” Eboh hadn’t played drinking games in years, more out of a wish to avoid the heavy drinking and hangovers than from old age. ”It’s hardly a drinking game if you just throw drinks back one after another.” Eboh’s mischievous expression intensified then, his eyes probing Kythalie’s. ”Or does this drinking game just involve teasing and tormenting old men while you get inebriated?”
Post by: Nolan on December 05, 2018, 02:43:46 PM
@Fife

If anything at all Ekon was holding up well to Kythalie's teasing and remarks. Not that the Betazoid minded as she had fun and all was fun and games at the moment. He acknowledged what he managed to think of a few things in which he'd have to hold the hair out of her face and she couldn't help but grin as she winked at him and sipped from her drink. She started laughing as he pointed out to her that she had posed quite suggestive remarks. She shook her head and kept her reply with a few simple words "Who says they're wrong ideas?"

The Betazoid woman couldn't help but laugh as Ekon suggested a proper drinking game with truth or dare. A game she had only seen a few times when she was on the Academy grounds. She shook her head and answered with a rather coy tone to it "Kids these days do still play that game, but lets keep that for another occasion." she left the remark about intoxicating the old man with booze unchallenged as she worked her way to the end of her drink as they talked about various other topics. The teasing kept on, but not as hard pushed as before.

Eventually it was becoming rather late and Kythalie could feel the pleasant buzz of the brandy in her system. She had become slightly more touchy with Ekon, resting against his side and slapping him on occasions when he'd tease her. Eventually she let out a yawn before she straightened herself up "Oldie, I shall let you retire to bed. Don't want you to miss out on any special activities tomorrow at the old folks club." she grinned before she stretched herself again "Plus, I think it is high time for me to find my own bunk and fall asleep. Thank you for tonight Ekon. It was fun, certainly something we should do again later." she smiled as she gave him a kiss on his cheek.

With that she got up, either showing herself out or having Ekon walk her to the door. She wouldn't let him walk her all the way back to her quarters. If he insisted she'd suggest to have the next meet over at her place in order to reach a compromise. She kissed Ekon again on the cheek before waving him goodbye and disappearing in the hallways of the Cayuga.

FIN
Simple Audio Video Embedder