Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 363027 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #5201
Having serious issue IRL. I've been having problems relating to work lately and I am focusing on resolving those. Sadly, those are a priority for me right now, so I'll start posting once those issues are resolved. tagging @Auctor Lucan so you see this.

Reply #5202
I'm going to be offline after tomorrow for 2 weeks Following surgery- @Ellen Fitz has permission to use Foval and @brutus has permission to use Vanya

Inhabiting my head are:

[Lt. Vanya |Assistant Science Officer| USS Theurgy]

[Lt. J.G Foval |Assistant Diplomatic Officer |USS Theurgy]

Reply #5203
I have a monster project due tonight and I'm freaking out so I am going to be a bit delayed on posting in the long-delayed Tempus Sigilium thread.  @RyeTanker @BipSpoon , it WILL get done, I will post as soon as I don't have 30 pages to crank out.  :)
Really enjoying writing a halfway stable character for once...

Reply #5204
HI All -

For those of you who don't know my wife is going in on Monday (US) to have a our second baby.  Given the nature of things I expect we will be in (the) hospital for probably 3-4 days to say nothing of the transition once we get home.   I am planning to keep writing and keep active, but if I fall behind the 10 day deadline I humbly beg your understanding and forgiveness.   I am going to try and clear my queue as much as possible in the next day and a half or so.  As always I'll be available on Discord if you need me.  If you're not on the discord, please feel free to hit me up here on the forums or in a DM.

Reply #5205
Hey all, it's me again. so Good news, I'm working again! and having something to do, and not having to worry about income is huge. So my mental state has massively improved.

Bad news...

Reno Nevada in Christmas time/holiday season/ election season is an entirely new circle of hell. Every day is a Sisyphean task to complete, and then we do it again the next day.  The only expectation of actual days off I have until January are November 11th (Veterans day(MAYBE), November 24th (US Thanksgiving) and December 25th, Christmas (Maybe). No actual guarantee of getting any of those days off. This is hell.... I'll try to get posts out on my next day off, but that might not be until January.

14 hour days with no days off have become my new normal. At least the money is good, and I'm doing a job that I need to be be doing.

@Auctor Lucan If you need to mark me as "inactive" do so, but know that this Kris Kringle fucking me with his candy cane cock. This isn't my choice.

Reply #5206
All right, no worries. Since you haven't posted in your threads for almost 2 months I will mark you as Inactive. I will not put your characters up for inheritance for the time being, even though you marked that as you preference when you registered.

Everyone waiting on Tae in threads, be it Story Prompts and others, you may NPC Victor and/or Nara in those threads in order to progress the scenes to their conclusion. It is advisable to have the characters removed from the scene if the thread(s) have just been started. This can be accomplished by a summon via his or her combadge, forcing them to leave, for example.

Best of luck!

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Hey all, it's me again. so Good news, I'm working again! and having something to do, and not having to worry about income is huge. So my mental state has massively improved.

Bad news...

Reno Nevada in Christmas time/holiday season/ election season is an entirely new circle of hell. Every day is a Sisyphean task to complete, and then we do it again the next day.  The only expectation of actual days off I have until January are November 11th (Veterans day(MAYBE), November 24th (US Thanksgiving) and December 25th, Christmas (Maybe). No actual guarantee of getting any of those days off. This is hell.... I'll try to get posts out on my next day off, but that might not be until January.

14 hour days with no days off have become my new normal. At least the money is good, and I'm doing a job that I need to be be doing.

@Auctor Lucan If you need to mark me as "inactive" do so, but know that this Kris Kringle fucking me with his candy cane cock. This isn't my choice.

Reply #5207

NEW LONE WOLVES THREAD, SET AT 0800 HRS. ON DAY 18

All writers with Lone Wolves whom are available should attend this briefing...

Day 18 [0800 hrs.] Returning Wolf Leader

...in which Lieutenant Commander Jaru Rel takes over the squad and shows the new Squad Org Chart. You can post in this thread at any given point, without a set posting order unless set at a later time. The next poster there, unless anyone beats her to it, is @rae !

As you will be able to read in the post, Jaru Rel takes over the Lone Wolves Squadron at this day and time, and the briefing is held in the Tac CONN briefing room in the Fighter Assault Bay.

Have fun!

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #5209
Sorry everyone for the past few weeks' absences. Real life took over with work, holidays, and scouting. I was called out to join the Scouts honor society 3 weeks ago and I have been preparing to complete my initiation ordeal this weekend. Work is always crazy after Halloween as students are sugared up and excited about the coming of Christmas. Next week is US Thanksgiving Break. I will be off of work for the week and will explode the forum with posts from my 3 misfits.
CPO Sithick [Show/Hide]
CWO1 Larrant [Show/Hide]
BG Natauna
[Show/Hide]

Reply #5211
Recovering from surgery and have use o only one hand til Monday.  Will add more replies when I can.

Reply #5213
Get well soon @Elyria

Reply #5214
I think I'm pushing lateness on a few things too. I was sick for most of last week and though I am physically much improved now, my brain still feels like mush. Sorry friends. Hopefully I'll get everything out this week.

Reply #5215
I hope all are feeling better soon. My lateness is mostly due to dealing with family issues recently. I will do my best to get caught up this week.
Ensign Mia Dunne   [Show/Hide]

Kelistina (Kel) Kavot Droga   [Show/Hide]

Reply #5216
Still dealing with pain in my arm.  Goal is to get through Thanksgiving and get back in gear.

Reply #5217

COME SEE EIRUAL'S NEW CHARACTER, IT'S KEL, A ZAROODIAN REFUGEE!

Introducing the Zaroodian species to our story, @Eirual has created this poor refugee that finds her way aboard the Theurgy, taking up whatever minor duty she can preform!

Kelistina (Kel) Kavot Droda                Zaroodian Refugee 

- Writer: @Eirual

During Day 15, and the Culinary tour, this young woman will approach the Theurgy officers and eventually find her place among the crew. It is as of yet uncertain exactly what she will be doing, but time will tell. Thank you for the opportunity to re-work some of my unused old artwork into this awesome species creation, and I look forward to reading her continued story!

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #5218
They certainly look interesting! Looking forward to seeing them about!

Reply #5219

WELCOME BACK TAE!

@Tae has informed me that his RL situation has improved significantly and that he'll be able to participate actively again!  :)

So, welcome back @Tae , and besides the new Lone Wolves thread announced a bit earlier in this Main OOC thread, you can resume posting in the threads where your characters are still present. I believe a couple of them may have been wrapped up, like the Benamite Crystals prompt. Glad to hear things sorted itself out work-wise in the end!

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #5220
welcome back @Tae!

Reply #5221
Welcome back, @Tae

In other news, I need to be busting ass in the lab these next couple of weeks to make up for getting sick and having to put my thesis on hold.  Hopefully this won't delay anything on my end. 

Reply #5222
And I got taken down for a couple days by another head cold.  Lovely.  Trying to catch up tonight, apologies again for the delays. 

Reply #5223

Glad to hear things sorted itself out work-wise in the end!

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Oh how I wish this were the case! This year I'm turning 34, and I got Arthritis for my Birthday! I am 6'7", come form a tall family, and have had physical jobs almost all of my working life, on top of military service.

So It isn't that work let up, it's that my body cannot physically do what they want me to do at work. 6-7 day weeks and 14+ hour days. So I have a medical waiver due to Arthritis. I cherish the writing time, but good gravy do I wish that I could return my Birthday gift this year. Work is still hell, it's just.... not as bad for me because I cannot physically tolerate it. FUN!

Reply #5224
Hey I’m back guys!     

The surgery only fixed my left eye, another operation awaits in 2023.     But lefty has been doing most of the work all my life.    Things are better than they have been in years.     

I’ll be easing back in in the next few days.    
Inhabiting my head are:

[Lt. Vanya |Assistant Science Officer| USS Theurgy]

[Lt. J.G Foval |Assistant Diplomatic Officer |USS Theurgy]

Simple Audio Video Embedder