Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 357775 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #3900
Heads up!

I'm about to go back to college to pursue an extra and better degree.  So, I'm going to be closing out some threads and being a bit more selective of the ones I take on and when.  So please take nothing personally, I'm just trying to pair down a bit because I start fast tracking in just a few weeks.  So if I suddenly close a thread (though I'll strive to make it make sense etc) it has nothing to do with anyone and everything to do with trying my best not to be overwhelmed but also being able to keep doing what I love;  writing here.

Thank you for understanding ahead of time.

~BZ

Reply #3901

SEASON 2 ABOUT TO BEGIN!

>> Click For Full Resolution

How do you all feel about Season 2? Think it's due time we start up again? :)

We've written the Aldea Prime Anthology for about a year now, just as long as we've written the Interregnums for. We should likely roll into the next season, but the Aldea Prime Anthology remains open for as long as we need to/like, of course.

Why have we not started Season 2 sooner? Well, primarily, we wanted downtime quite a lot judging by the Sim Poll. I have just followed along with requests, giving what you all wanted. Here are the replies to the Sim Poll in regard to this downtime between seasons, and I have marked the ones fulfilled in green:

Quote from: Sim Poll 2019
14. Name different things the Aldea Prime Anthology should have more and less of.
  • More: Shore leave, seeing the civilian side of life, interesting aliens to meet.  Less: Heavy combat (simple bar/street brawls are prefectly fine) since we've had a lot of that over the past 2 episodes+interregnum.
  • More personal plots and victories on the Infested front! And maybe a little bit less factions involved with the plot, or unify them, because between borg, asurains, savi, klingons, infested, and archeron, I am completely overwhelmed.
  • Less existence-ending do-or-die, more "new worlds and new civilizations"
  • More optimism, less depression. More bikinis and banana hammocks, less moping.
  • I think we should have less in the way of non-stop combat. I know it drives the sim, but I feel as though a number of writers are getting what I can only describe as war weariness due to the never-ending battles of the last chapter. Possibly more exploration or diplomacy? Maybe a rescue mission?
  • More of a chance for the characters to recover/have some serious down time. Less getting killed
  • More interpersonal relationships and exploration/development of characters, Less being hunted and having to be on the run, that should be saved for Season 2.
  • More fun episodic content. An example could be based around the crew on the planet, running afoul of local laws or getting mixed up on the wrong sort of thing. More pairing of two characters that may not interact otherwise. Less constant combat/fighting
  • More opportunity to get off the ship and stretch the legs. I joked about dungeons and dragons in the campaign, but seriously a chance to explore a ruins or an old temple or something would be interesting... maybe it's something the Aldeans can ask us to do in exchange for something... money, resources, etc?  Ives wouldn't necessarily assign a team for it but might instead put it out there as an option for volunteers; or Thea could assign a field project as part of her university teachings, etc. 
  • Civil assignments, helping the Aldean government while they generously let us stay. Starfleety things (Maybe low risk, but high importance.) Chase off Pirates? Small fry stuff for a change of pace.Less mutiny.
  • Having come off of some pretty big battles a little less of that and a little more down time, which it's already looking like it is, although some adventure and fights are always nice.
  • I'm undecided! Maybe a little more time with some people on planet? Not everyone, of course. And some more Klingons but I just think they're neat. As I'm sure you guessed!
  • More of the old Star Trek staples like meeting new people and exploring a new(old?) world. I suspect this will be covered just fine. Less of... for now, just a little less fighting would be fine. Conflict is the fodder of any story, but I think we're due a break!
  • Already getting it. Heap of free time. Time to explore characters without sheer panic and the ship falling apart.
  • Just about everything we haven't been able to do/have since the beginning of Theurgy? I know that's vague as hell, but like, nightclubs, markets, hotels, interactive NPCs, a chance to feel like people again, to do people things who are not at war in a hopeless and bleak situation. See families, and people just doing people things like living, having fun, making friends, falling in love, etc. Petting zoos, some damn peace and quiet, or a little edge for those who still want action, like street races or black markets, or even street fights, I don't know, but just all this, and without more parasite infested people or the oncoming Dark.
  • Lots of time for R&R, and open threads for exploration and fun on the surface.
  • More relaxing and personal time. Less go go go.
  • One thing I would really enjoy to see, are some 'assigned' missions. By this, I mean, providing situations where authors and characters who have less reason to react in the story, can be included in threads together more easily, by having them assigned for 'away missions' together by yourself. Whether it be a group of officers going to one of the markets to obtain supplies, or a shuttle exploration to a neighboring planet, just a few scenarios where we can both work with authors we don't get as much opportunity to work with, as well as characters whom our characters don't get to engage with as often.
  • I feel a bit like we have been in the action genre for a long time, ever since the battle of 84, it would be nice to have a baseball episode, or something like that.  I am always a huge fan of closed doors murder mysteries, basically any genre where the warp core isn't exploding for a turn would be great. Maybe even a holodeck screws up and nearly kills us storyline as it were.
  • Some relaxing time, some silly threads, make some alliances or make the current one stronger. Some science and diplomacy plots. I really want an undercover travel to Qo'noS at some point (i've some ideas, i'll PM them later). For a time, both characters and writers need a rest period without too many battles. They could come back to them later, or some part of the crew could have some skirmishes. But it need to be a more... relaxed period generally speaking.
  • Some large threads & events with lots of characters involved that aren't battles might be fun. Otherwise, I don't think I've been around long enough to really get an idea!
  • Just .. fun!  The ability to have missions, and have fun, and character development.

Now, however, it's time to get the show back on the road, but people want to continue writing the R&R stuff, they still can. :)

That's the thing with communities and progression in sims like this, it's that people want to write different things. Before this anthology time, I've hijacked your characters through the entirety of Episode 05, and not let much IC time pass since Episode 04 either, so the frustration over lack of downtime had come to its head when the Aldea Prime Anthology began, but if any of you have felt understimulated in the sim during this Aldea Prime chapter, please have in mind that you've had the Story Objectives to work with too. It's okay to be more of a reactive writer that bounce off from where the story goes, and to be more of a proactive writer who try to make your own plotlines. In my opinion, both needs have been accommodated for depending on interest in the Story Objectives or less such interest.

Of course, when Season 2 starts, we will continue to have the opportunity to write character-based subplots, just like before. The method we use then is to write Supplemental threads which take place around the major plotline threads. So please don't think that you have to restrict your subplots just because we head into Season 2. :)

If you have not posted in the Story Workshop yet, please take some time for it, otherwise I will be drafting a manuscript this weekend without your input.

STORY STATUS? WHAT ABOUT THE CAYUGA'S CREW? WHAT ABOUT MARTOK?

>> Click For Full Size (Martok's Arrival on the IKS Vor'nak)

High Chancellor Martok will be arriving to Aldea on Day 28, and I will be posting a starter for that this weekend too. In order to do so, I had great need to know what actually became of Captain Ziegler and the arrested Cayuga crew, and with the lack of progression in the specific Director's Cut thread that was supposed to detail this, the decision has been made that Ensign Inej Avirim helped free Ziegler aboard the prison transport, along with her crew. They hijacked the prison transport, and have now gone into hiding, being fugitives. Given their current status, it's unlikely that they will make an appearance anytime soon in Season 2.

Inej Avirim, however, immediately hitch-hiked his way to Aldea, right after Ziegler and her crew went into hiding, making him one of the earliest arriving officers during the Anthology. Upon arrival, he could inform Captain Ives and the Senior Staff that Ziegler and her crew survived. If your characters have yet to hear this in the story, the information could just have taken some time to trickle down the ranks.

What about the damaged Cayuga? Well, the closest available starbase to the Azure Nebula, besides Starbase 84, is Starbase 234, under command of Admiral Owen Paris. I find it most likely that the carcass of the Cayuga was more or less towed there for repairs, due to get a new Commanding Officer once its space worthy.

Yet what about a new guest ship in Season 2? Being a fan of my Iroquois-class design, we also have the USS Oneida deployed to the Beta Quadrant, so I am in favour of incorporating the Oneida as required in the Episodes to come. While I like the Steamrunner-class idea that cropped up in the Story Workshop, there have been plenty of people advocating the Iroquois-class as well. Worth mentioning also is the Theurgy's inherent MVAM capacity, as well as the Allegiant if we need long range deployment.

Furthermore, before Season 2 starts, we'll also have the slipstream burst-drive installed on Thea, which will allow the ship to go places faster, but the cooldown needed still makes Thea vulnerable for sake of plot purposes. :)

This was just a quick update on where we're at, and stay tuned for more! Hope you like the sight of Thea being repaired in the graphics above, lol.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3902
Wait, wait wait. We've been writing Aldea for nearly a year? Really? *looks around for where the time went.* Fuck me doesn't seem like it's been that long.

Reply #3903
I've given a warning in discord but I wanted to leave a reminder here as well: my weeks have been a bit hectic lately and I reserve the weekends for posting. However, a series of unforeseen events have arisen this weekend that will prevent me from dedicating as much time to writing as I would have liked, so delays should be expected. I will try to update all the threads next week tho, hopefully things will return to normality ASAP.

P.S. I'm ready for season two! I think my next post on sleeping dog will give you some material @Auctor Lucan ;)

Reply #3904
WORST VACATION EVER SO FAR

We are on a very longed for skiing trip with friends and family, and it just so happened to coincide with the stomach flu. Yaay....

So far I'm healthy but the kids and wife are ill, and the friends we are on the trip with only have the mother left standing atm.

I'll be posting etc as soon as circumstances allow. Hope you're all faring better out there than I am, lol.

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3906
Just to give some warning: I may not be very active in the next couple of weeks, if at all. The new all-singing all-dancing coronavirus has hit where I live, and things could happen very quickly for me. My mum has developed all the symptoms, which could lead to an interesting time. I don’t think she actually has it given the incubation period of this thing, but I’ll be checking on my parents tomorrow anyway to find out and see if I need to call the folks dealing with this.

Reply #3909
Hey guys.  Working on catching up, apologies for the silence, some seriously real shit has hit home and surrounding and.. we've been fighting through it.  So I haven't been able to chat, or post, or really have the mind to do anything but watch you tube and fall asleep because my mind is just vacant by the end of the day.  This week upcoming is spring break and I plan to try to get some posting done in between spending time with kids and what not.  But, I'm probably going to be hard pressed to keep up the 7 days thing as school starts for me in a week, plus work, kids, kids sports, kids therapy, other issues and etc, but I'm going to do my best when possible, just bear with me.

Thanks in advance.
~B

Reply #3910
Just a heads-up: a close relative is having heart surgery, so I'm going to have a pretty hectic week or weeks. I'm sorry for any delays it may cause.
Greetings

Reply #3911
Best wishes to all that are being affected by illness or surgery or what all! Let me know if I can do anything to help :)

Reply #3912
SKIING VACATION OVER, STOMACH FLU AS WELL!

Hi all Theurgists! :)

Now I think all of the sickness is gone from the family and we've returned home after a very... interesting skiing trip, lol. Now, work will feel like a vacation!

Almost midnight here now, but posting will recommence on the morrow.  /;-D

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3914

RIGHT OF VENGEANCE

Greetings Theurgists! :)

I have now posted Martok's arrival to Aldea, and you can find it here:

Day 28 [1700 hrs.] Right of Vengeance

More to come, but I hope you like the foreshadowing for Season 2 in this post, as well as the tie-ins to old and current threads. With Martok's arrival, any new characters can join the crew as of Day 28. For more info on the details concerning that, check the Wanted Positions page. An announcement for new recruitment is planned as soon as I can get it together, the backlog being pretty bad after the illness that ran through my family. More posts that I owe are due asap, of course!

Let me know if you guys have any questions. :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3915
Apologies, folks. I know I have some of you waiting on me but I'm under an avalanche at work right now (love being the new guy in role and my one colleague is off in Japan for a fortnight, so, it'll be longer than that before they let him back into the workshop), and my energy is in the pits when I'd normally be sitting down to write.

I haven't forgotten any of you, and thank you dearly for your patience. Normal service will resume!
Nator 159: "I accept no responsibility for the ensign's manifest stupidity. Sir." [Show/Hide]
Ranaan Ducote: "A ship is a home; its crew a family." [Show/Hide]
T'Less: "Your odds of prevailing against us are... slim." [Show/Hide]
Valkra: "Come! We will shake the gates of Sto'Vo'Kor!" [Show/Hide]

Reply #3917
CURRENT POSTING STATUS!

Hi there everyone! Hope this finds you all well out there. :) With the corona situation freeing up an hour, a meeting of mine being cancelled, I took the time to go over the Aldea Prime board and check what the current forum status is, and here are my findings. Use Ctrl+F to find your username?

ALDEA PRIME ANTHOLOGY

ThreadLast PostDays AgoNext Poster
Day 15 [1500 hrs.] Quantum Slipstream Burst Drive2020-03-181Anyone Present
Day 28 [1700 hrs.] Right of Vengeance2020-03-163BZ
Day 05 [0600 hrs.] Scientific Curiosity Killed Them Both2020-03-190Kinvarus
Day 08 [2007 hrs.] Second Chances2020-03-190Auctor Lucan
Day 16 [0930.hrs.] YACHT PARTY!2020-03-181Stegro88
Day 16 [1736 hrs.] Of Minutes And Macarons2020-03-181Top Hat
Day 10 [1000 hrs.] Material Girls2020-03-181Stegro88
Day 12 [0827 hrs.] Stark Contrast2020-03-181Twilkins
Day 06 [0900 hrs.] Free-strokes from New Blokes2020-03-181Argyros
Day 26 [1830 hrs.] Long Overdue2020-03-181Top hat
Day 05 [1800 hrs.] The Way You Look Tonight2020-03-181Havenborn
Day 16 [1600 hrs.] Artistic Values2020-03-181Auctor Lucan
Day 08 [1600 hrs.] Quid Pro Quo between Pilots2020-03-181Havenborn
Day 11 [2225 hrs.] The Thin Ice Swallows All2020-03-181Steelphoenix
Day 19 [2100 hrs.] Oceanside Dress Party2020-03-181Various/Anyone new
Day 20 [1500 hrs.] Live Long and Prosper2020-03-172Doc M.
Day 17 [1600 hrs.] Anyonic Emission Failure2020-03-172BZ
Day 12 [1825 hrs.] The Universe Has Not Abandoned Thee2020-03-172BZ
Day 08 [0700 hrs.] Different Equals2020-03-172Jesaya
Day 13 [0830 hrs.] A Dark Refraction2020-03-172Brutus
Day 14 [1300 hrs.] With All Due Respect2020-03-172Steelphoenix
Day 10 [1900 hrs.] Connections2020-03-172Numen
Day 27 [2135 hrs.] HIq HInob pagh Hegh HInob2020-03-154Numen
Day 10 [2034 hrs.] Lads Night Out2020-03-154Numen/Fiendfall/TWilkins
Day 13 [2200 hrs.] Muscles, Shiny, and Awkwardness, Oh My2020-03-154Juzzie
Day 04 - Day 30 [ Variable hrs. ] Brief Encounters and Growing Bonds2020-03-154BZ
Day 05 [0810 hrs.] To Nix the Nanites2020-03-145Steelphoenix
Day 09 [0930 hrs.] The Odd Bunch2020-03-136Stegro88
Day 19 [1535 hrs.] Anxious Arrivals2020-03-136Fife
Day 03 [1907 hrs.] No Honour Among Thieves2020-03-136Fiendfall
Day 20 [2100 hrs.] Poker Faces2020-03-136Top Hat
Day 15 [0930 hrs.] Agony, and Red Alert2020-03-127Griff
Day 18 [1100 hrs.] Polar Vortex2020-03-118Kinvarus
Day 20 [0930 hrs.] Joining The Ranks (Part 02)2020-03-118Top Hat
Day 11 [0700 hrs.] First Time for Reman Kind?2020-03-109Stegro88
Day 20 [1300 hrs.] Mechanical Malady2020-03-0910Fife
Day 21 [0630 hrs.] Sleeping Dogs2020-03-0910Stegro88
Day 27 [1500 hrs.] Conservation of Assets2020-03-0811Top Hat
Day 10 [2000 hrs.] Next to me2020-03-0811Numen
Day 02 [0900 hrs.] Adjustment Period2020-03-0613Stegro88
Day 14 [1300hrs.] The Fox and The Fool2020-03-0613Fiendfall
Day 15 [1935 hrs.] Bad Omens, Worst Business.2020-03-0118BZ
Day 13 [0030 hrs.] Shadow Dance | The Silver Shadows Part 052020-03-0118BZ
Day 11 [1345 hrs.] Murder, He Wrote2020-02-2820Numen/Fiendfall (?)
Day 20 [2100 hrs.] Sibling States Of Mind2020-02-2820Irvun
Day 15 [1500 hrs.] Hello Therapy, It's Been A Long Time Coming2020-02-2820LostInTheForest
Day 09 [0700 hrs.] Spy Games2020-02-2820CorruptedCookie
Day 03 [1500 hrs.] Sun, Sea and Sand2020-02-2820Lorelai
Day 22 [1400 hrs.] R&R2020-02-2820TheSithChicken
Day 17 [2000 hrs.] Joining The Ranks (Part 01)2020-02-2721trevorvw
Day 09 [0130 hrs.] Ghostbusters | The Silver Shadows Part 032020-02-2523Stegro88
Day 06 [1430 hrs.] Matters of The Heart2020-02-2523Aharon
Day 09 [1910 hrs.] Happenstance2020-02-2424TheSithChicken
Day 09 [0900 hrs.] Knight to Wolf-112020-02-2424Triage
Day 09 [0800 hrs.] Can I Move In?2020-02-2424Revan [?) JP underway?
Day 10 [0800 hrs.] Taking Flight2020-02-2127SummerDawn
Day 03 [0930 hrs.] Rise and Shine2020-02-2127Rayne
Day 02 [1200 hrs.] Memorial Ceremony2020-02-1830Anyone
Day 04 [1600 hrs.] Jubilant Memorialization of Fortuitous Nascency2020-02-1830Triage/Juzzie/SummerDawn (?)
Day 05 [1430 hrs.] Sticky Progress2020-01-2356Alyfox
Day 21 [1800 hrs.] A Toast to the Cayuga2020-01-1861Anyone
Please let me know which of the old threads that won't be continued and should be locked. PM me in that case! :)

In general, we have been very good at informing our writing partners when RL issues are getting in the way, so let's keep doing that! ( good ) Most of the red numbers are from Theurgists who have given a heads up about their absence, and that's perfectly okay. Still, bear in mind that we should always try to reply in our current threads within 7 days, and neglecting to do so breeds more inactivity among other writers - others thinking that its fine to leave writing partners waiting indefinitely.

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3918
In this time of weirdness & uncertainty I'm sure I'm not the only one struggling to find brainspace for Theurgy atm. Hopefully as we settle into a new normal things will get easier, but until then just take care of yourselves & be patient with everyone :)
Lt Cmdr Hathev - Counselling - Chief Counsellor
"Logic without ethics is no logic at all." [Show/Hide]
Ensign Inej 'Avi' Avirim - Security - Investigations Officer
"Live fast, die stupid." [Show/Hide]
Xelia - Civillian - Holoprogram Designer
"Envy isn't your colour, babe." [Show/Hide]

Reply #3919
My struggle right now isn't so much the lack of brain space, it's more just lack of energy due to lack of time. Last two weeks have been busy between holding down the fort while my boss was away on vacation, and then getting our head office working from home this past week. It's been busy & stressful enough that Friday I popped a migraine so recovering today.

Hoping to get to my tags tommorow, just not sure at this point.

Reply #3920

PLEASE WELCOME BACK TWO THEURGISTS, SILVERSHADOW & MASORIN!

Today, we have to old Theurgists to welcome back. First, we have @SilverShadow , who will resume writing Mektari Dumral. :)

Ens. Mektari Dumral          Asst. Chief CONN Officer (V3)

- Writer:
SilverShadow

SilverShadow had to leave due to RL stuff but is now interested in returning in full. :)

Next, we have @Masorin , who might just have left us, but given the current Corona situation, he's got a lot of time on his hands again. He will, however, restrict himself to writing just one character - at least to begin with - and this in the form of Hi'Jak. Yes, the very same who Martok just cut down in Right of Vengeance. @Masorin also extends a warm thank you to @BZ for writing such an awesome battle scene!

Hi'Jak          Civilian Scientist

- Writer:
Masorin

Hi'Jak will have a brief stint in stasis/sickbay during the end of the Aldea Prime Anthology, and the nature of his service aboard the Theurgy will be detailed organically as the story develops. For the time being, he will be listed as a Civilian Scientist.

Welcome back aboard both of you! :)

SADLY, TRIAGE LEAVES US TODAY

After reaching out to @Triage , I learned that she felt it long overdue that she left the sim due to the development for her in RL. She said that with the lockdown, working from home and seeing the army deploying on her streets, she really didn't have much writing muse left in her. After six years, it's really sad to see her go, having given so much time of hers to this story of ours.

Here is a quote that details her request for what will happen to her characters, which will be honoured:

Quote from:  Triage
Cameron was never my creation, so I believe your standard procedure would be to put her back up for adoption.

But as for Heather, Meony and Sinead, I respectfully request that they be turned out to pasture.

I meant to write their resignations and departure from Starfleet and Theurgy, as my own dignified exit from the story, so now, I submit it to you if you will be willing to let them leave, alive.

Sinead's reasons is she wants to return to the Mariposans and Bringloidi to warn them about the developments in Starfleet and the Federation, so she resigns her commission, then finds herself joined by Meony, who, after her brain surgery, is left with twitching hands and shot nerves plus accumulative physical and psychological damage over the years, which makes her unfit for Tactical Conn. Lastly, Heather, acting on her promise to Suq, also resigns her commission to travel with the girls on a civilian transport, to Bringloid V, before she will then make her way to the Efrosian world and find out if there are other Radiants around.

She has submitted all her research as well as all data concerning herself and her race to Thea's databanks. There is enough data to weaponized her light. Her last gift to the surviving Theurgists.

As for Cameron Henshaw - the Captain's Yeoman - we already had an Applicant that wanted to write a specific character, only that character was picked up by yet another Applicant. So, Cameron has been suggested for inheritance instead, and if she's rejected, she'll end up on the Available Characters page (which is now completely empty).

As always, I will NPC Cameron Henshaw, Heather McMillan, Krystal Tancredi and Sinead O'Riley as required in current ongoing threads. Just PM me if you have any specific requests in that regard! In the end, I will lace their departures into the narrative somehow. It will likely come up in a thread towards the end of the Aldea stay.

Good bye, @Triage , and many hugs. I hope things will take a turn for the better soon for you.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3923
Nooooo Triage :( Good luck in life and hopefully much prosperity when things calm down a little.

Also.... Yaaaay Welcome back Maso and Silver!

Simple Audio Video Embedder