Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 357381 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #4250
I took the day off to watch an anime, binged over six hours of trash to make myself feel better. My Next Life as a villainess: All paths lead to doom, is an amazing Isekai harem trash and was exactly what I needed to get over some really negative stuff I'd been feeling lately.

Revan's actions really messed with my head so I needed to take some time to process that. For two years I spoke with Kinvarus, wrote with them, talked to them. and considered them a close friend. To find out that they never existed.... put me in a bit of a spiral of anger and pain so I needed a day to just binge some good trash, eat some popcorn, and remember that at the end of the day the power of friendship is a narrative device that can see anyone through the darkest of times. :P

Also I need to post an update that next month, July, I will be going on a vacation from the 21st, to the 29th to go see my fiance. I'm really excited about it, but I might not just be gone till the 29th, because i learned that crossing back into canada I will be forced to shelter in a hotel for up to a couple of weeks. I don't know what that will be like, but I will probably be semi active when I get back to canada, I will at least have discord (I tend to uninstall it when i go to the states because the one time I didn't 400$ roming charges...)

I'll update my signature when we get closer to my vacation, and I will start posting for everyone again, probably Friday, I work tomorrow.

Reply #4251
I took the day off to watch an anime, binged over six hours of trash to make myself feel better. My Next Life as a villainess: All paths lead to doom, is an amazing Isekai harem trash and was exactly what I needed to get over some really negative stuff I'd been feeling lately.

Revan's actions really messed with my head so I needed to take some time to process that. For two years I spoke with Kinvarus, wrote with them, talked to them. and considered them a close friend. To find out that they never existed.... put me in a bit of a spiral of anger and pain so I needed a day to just binge some good trash, eat some popcorn, and remember that at the end of the day the power of friendship is a narrative device that can see anyone through the darkest of times. :P

Also I need to post an update that next month, July, I will be going on a vacation from the 21st, to the 29th to go see my fiance. I'm really excited about it, but I might not just be gone till the 29th, because i learned that crossing back into canada I will be forced to shelter in a hotel for up to a couple of weeks. I don't know what that will be like, but I will probably be semi active when I get back to canada, I will at least have discord (I tend to uninstall it when i go to the states because the one time I didn't 400$ roming charges...)

I'll update my signature when we get closer to my vacation, and I will start posting for everyone again, probably Friday, I work tomorrow.
That's a good solution.  A couple of years ago, when someone I thought was a good online friend turned out to be a TERF, I dealt with the feeling of betrayal by binging ice cream in the cafeteria at my alma mater, then watching Gekkan Shojo Nozaki-Kun until all hours.  Sometimes, you just need some comfort. 

Stay safe on your trip!  :)
Really enjoying writing a halfway stable character for once...

Reply #4252

I thought for Canadians coming back from overseas (or the USA), while there is a mandatory two week self-isolation, there's no requirement to self-isolate in a hotel, home is fine. I was looking into it as wife and I wanted to go visit Alaska this summer (If we can't take a cruise ship, we'll drive darn it, only 3-4 days worth of driving.) with the RV and that was what we'd been told. I know she had a freind who wanted to fly in from Kenya who was stuck with a mandatory self-isolation for two weeks at a hotel, but that because she's a foreigner.

Regardless, I thought the US/Canada border was closed to non-essential travel right now anyways?

Reply #4253

I thought for Canadians coming back from overseas (or the USA), while there is a mandatory two week self-isolation, there's no requirement to self-isolate in a hotel, home is fine. I was looking into it as wife and I wanted to go visit Alaska this summer (If we can't take a cruise ship, we'll drive darn it, only 3-4 days worth of driving.) with the RV and that was what we'd been told. I know she had a freind who wanted to fly in from Kenya who was stuck with a mandatory self-isolation for two weeks at a hotel, but that because she's a foreigner.

Regardless, I thought the US/Canada border was closed to non-essential travel right now anyways?

The land boarder is closed, but you can still fly into the usa and back. It's like a giant loophole.

Normally absolutely I'd be able to shelter at home. However my mother is very I'll and we don't want to run any risk that I might bring it back to my island where there have been 0 cases. So I'll be staying in the big city for a few weeks just to make sure.

Reply #4254

A NEW RANDOM ENCOUNTERS LOTTERY IS DUE

Hi there everyone! :)

As a consequence of having so many NPCs in the Random Encounter lottery now, given circumstances, I have decided to cancel the result of the past lottery. Not just because of Revan, or because we have new writers who are interested in joining the lottery as well, but also since - during one of the Discord Voice Chat sessions or ours - it was suggested that writers who opt to not participate should be able to tell me in advance of the lottery, and that I can agree with since many are a tad busy and they might feel stressed out about a writing challenge such as the REs being dropped on them too.

So, those who don't wish to participate in the RE lottery should PM me here on the forum, and do so before the 28th of June. The new lottery will be held on the 29th. :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4255
Apologies to those writing with me; RL circumstances have changed a little recently that's left me with minimum bandwidth in the short term. I don't think the delay should be too long, but just to keep folks in the loop.

@Jmjs7125, @jreeves1701, @fiendfall, @Senior Staff for the mixer thread
Nator 159: "I accept no responsibility for the ensign's manifest stupidity. Sir." [Show/Hide]
Ranaan Ducote: "A ship is a home; its crew a family." [Show/Hide]
T'Less: "Your odds of prevailing against us are... slim." [Show/Hide]
Valkra: "Come! We will shake the gates of Sto'Vo'Kor!" [Show/Hide]

Reply #4256

RANDOM ENCOUNTERS - ADVENT OF WAR

Here is the result of our new Random Encounters lottery! We did this in the Aldea Prime Anthology too, opening up for opportunities of character interaction one might not expect. Please bear in mind that while these threads may be posted tomorrow or months from now. This is the second iteration of the lottery given the circumstances with a lot of writer-less characters removed from the list.

>> Click For Full Size!

The gimmick (third column) and the location (fourth column) is a part of the challenge, to come up with how the gimmick might be a factor in the scene and why they would encounter each other there, but if you can't come up with ideas, you can consider the two columns optional. The writer with the character in the left column writes the starter.

Hope you all like the pairings, and if not, you may still like them when you actually come up with an idea and write it out. If you guys want to switch with each other, just PM me about the switch you've made!

Have fun! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4257
This seems neat!  I'm sure @stardust and I will figure out something fun.  :)

Reply #4258
I've already sent DM's to those i am matched with to see if they want to give it a try. :)

Reply #4259

NEW CHIEF SCIENCE OFFICER: LT. CMDR VAEL KAERIS

As a part of the damage control I am running after what Revan did to our sim, I have taken steps to make sure we have a solid character line-up in the Senior Staff. So, as I alluded to in the final post I edited with Vivan Martin - during a counselling session - she steps down as Chief Science Officer towards the end of the Aldea Prime Anthology.

This means that I have retconned Chapter 01: Incendiary Prospects to this effect, so @steelphoenix has rewritten the post Revan wrote as Vivan Martin in the thread, keeping the dialogue basically the same but with Kaeris as the speaker instead, and I have inserted references to Kaeris in all other posts in the thread where Martin was mentioned.

So, Day 30 - one day before "Of Cocktails and Social Obligations" - Vael Kaeris assumes Vivan Martin's duties as Chief Science Officer, after Martin has gone off duty to focus on re-assembling herself after the personal losses she suffered in the Battle of Starbase 84. She had a relationship with the Chief Medical Officer on the Resolve, a Doctor Lyhn, and it caught up with her once they reached Aldea. Vivan Martin keeps her rank, but is off duty for the foreseeable future.

So, come congratulate @steelphoenix on Vael Kaeris' promotion to Chief Science Officer!

Lt Cmdr. Vael Kaeris            Chief Science Officer (V1)

- Writer:
@steelphoenix

Besides being the Asst. Chief Science Officer while Martin held his new position, Kaeris was the Chief Science Officer on the Endeavour, and has earned great merit in how he managed to isolate the anyonic phase variance in which the enemy's existence touches upon reality. This has not only shortened the anyonic emission protocols in the airlocks and transporters on the Theurgy, barely taking any time at all, but it was also a crucial step towards finding a method to separate the parasites and the hosts completely in the future.

Please contact me if this retconn of Vivian Martin stepping down on Day 30 causes any discrepancies in other threads, and I will sort it out asap!

WE HAVE A COMPLETE SENIOR STAFF!

>> Click for Full Resolution!

With Vael Kaeris assuming his position, we now have a full Senior Staff of actively written characters, and I took the time to finalise this image that I've been working on for some time. Hope you like it! :)

ARTEMISIA & IRVUN WERE ALSO AVATARS OF REVAN

After further investigation and writing prompts, it has become clear that also Artemisia and Irvun were avatars of Revan, so while Irvun is a former Theurgist at this point, Artemisisa's Jaya Thorne has now also become available for inheritance.

Ens. Jaya Thorne              Asst. Chief CONN Officer (V2)

- Former Writer:
Even Angels Cry

I will keep you all posted with the further work I spend on fixing the mess we're left with, but one way you could help me would be to start up the Story Objective where there is a bomb detonated in the Spearhead Lounge, so that we can get our house back in order. If anyone have interest in inheriting characters, be it via Token Reward or not, please PM me.

That's all for now!

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4260
Wow what a mess but thanks for working hard to fix it Auctor

Reply #4262
Good job on the sleuthing AL! You're a champion of the people.

Also, kudos on that AMAZING artwork. I dread to think how long that took you! It's absolutely amazing.
Elro Kobol  - Chief Medical Officer - USS Theurgy - [Show/Hide]

Otheusz - Grey Scars Pirate - USS Theurgy - [Show/Hide]

Y'Lev - Syndicate Dominus - USS Theurgy - [Show/Hide]

Reply #4263
Nice artwork!  Holy crap though, that's a lot of sockpuppets!!!

Reply #4265

BZ WILL WRITE JAYA THORNE

Being the first to use the new Token Reward which enables you to write a 5th character, @BZ has inherited Jaya Thorne, one of our Asst. Chief CONN Officers!

Ens. Jaya Thorne              Asst. Chief CONN Officer (V2)

- Writer:
@BZ

Jaya will be going on the Allegiant mission in Advent of War, flying the scoutship a third time, having already flown it in both the Battle of Starbase 84 as well as the Battle of the Apertures under the command of her old CO from the Black Opal, Jennifer Dewitt. She just hopes the Theurgy won't go into MVAM while she's gone since she'd love to be at the helm of the Sword again, like she were when that Vector fought the IKC Rotarran and Chancellor Martok in the Azure Nebula.

So far, no edits have been made to her characters history, but a Butterfly Effect might have changed some small events in her past, which have no greater bearing on the present story. BZ will be getting into gear with her new character gradually, but I look forward to seeing this familiar face up and about again.

Congratulations on your new character, @BZ ! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4266
That was fast!  Have fun on the scout-ship, @BZ:)

Reply #4269
A 5th character? Damn @BZ you're on fire, but with that level of talent and dedication, why wouldn't you be? :D Congratulations <3

Reply #4270
Congrats, @BZ !

Reply #4271
@lisavw

Now that Klingon guests is slowly pulling it's way to a close, we have a lot of people that need to be exploded, with a bomb. An entire spear head lounge worth actually. I have been drawing up a few ideas on how to proceed but I'm hoping to find one more writer. Lisavw was the first person to message me, but I am hoping for one more to help me drag in a few bodies preferably someone with a medical background.

Reply #4272
Heads up for everyone that I'm going to be taking a Two Month LOA as I'm going to be gone five of the next eight weeks on annual vacation. I have banked time and work said I had to burn almost two months of time, or lose it. So we're getting the RV out of storage and going on a week long trip to a usual haunt, take a week off at home, and then in August bugger off for three weeks to go north to Alaska, except Alaska is closed so we'll settle for the Yukon Territory where I have family. The drive each way is 2300km (1500mi) and I'm expecting to burn close to $2000 worth of fuel on the trip. It's planned for, but it's a three week adventure just ambling up and back, spend time touristing, having fun.

I will get online from time to time and hope to get time online every few days at least, but we'll see.

Reply #4274

PLEASE WELCOME PIERCE, WHO'LL WRITE TESSA MAY LANCE!

Today, a new Theurgist joins us! It's @Pierce , who inherits Tessa May Lance, callsign Goldeneye!  :)

Lt. JG Tessa May Lance            Wolf-07 [Goldeneye] 

- Writer:
@Pierce 

Her new writer has taken the time to acquaint themselves with Tessa's backstory and will be updating the character page somewhat over the coming couple of days, so I recommend checking the page in a bit. Please give @Pierce a warm welcome aboard! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Simple Audio Video Embedder