Skip to main content
Topic: Day 02 [1000 hrs.] Sapient Situations (Read 2033 times) previous topic - next topic

Day 02 [1000 hrs.] Sapient Situations

[LCdr Blue Tiran | Facing the Music | Upgrades | Downgrades | AI Heaven] @Auctor Lucan

Stardate: 57561.14
Ives' Ready Room
March 12th, 10:00am

Blue was hip deep in the worst fucking paper work she had ever seen in her life.  When you multiplied your fucking Engineering deck by ten fold, you multiplied the amount of shit you had to deal with.  Paper work, people, issues, bitches, and the long fucking list of shit wrong with this ship.  It had been long neglected, not out of lack of actual care or anything but because they had been on the run for so long there was no time to stop and fix shit properly.  The fact that it was still moving when she stepped on board was nothing less than a mother fucking miracle and a testament to the crew for finding bandaids for shit that was bleeding far too quickly.

Albert was off on the deck making himself useful by being her liaison at the moment.  She could not be out there because she had to suffer in the fucking office.  She had already cleared out any non essential shit that the last CE had left in here.  She had set up a work table to help eliminate the amount of overflow that made it to the Ducote-Tiran Quarters, but that still didn't stop it entirely.  She brought plenty of her projects home, she just tried to make it .. less. 

Effort was key here.

The ping came from the PADD in the corner.  “Albert, play the message.” she said though she hadn't looked up from the PADD in front of her that held a bunch of shit complaints about people being petty bitches and a fist fight that apparently took place at some point but no one ever took care of the admin side of it.  It took a couple moments of silence before she remembered that he wasn't even in the fucking office.  Pinching the bridge of her nose, she picked up her personal PADD and pulled it over.  Thumbing across the biometrics she looked at the notice that had come across her desk.  She was requested, with Albert, in the Captain's Ready Room for a meeting.

“Fired already, fucking hell, that's probably a record somewhere.”

She said darkly.  She got up, and locked her PADDs up in her desk drawer before she headed out pulling her department head jacket on over her simple white tank top.  She had been eating enough to start filling out again and it fit nicely instead of loosely as it had when she first got off the Versant.  Her eyes scanned for the flying metallic bird and found him perched on a console half a deck away.

“Albert!  We have a fucking meeting!  Quit talking to the fucking locals!”

Albert's head swiveled into her direction before he shifted his wings up and began to make his way across the deck to her, stopping on her shoulder because he was still learning to use his anti-grav panels and the wing joints to manuever.  A trip, of a destination yet unknown, was enough to just go along for the ride.  Besides, it felt right to be on Miss Blue's shoulder.  They made their way to the Turbolift and stepped inside.  They headed upwards until they hit the Bridge, by where, they could get to the Captain's ready room.  She showed her badge at the Security check point and then stepped through to the door which she pressed the bell on.

When 'Enter' was eventually called from within, Blue allowed herself entrance into the office that she had been in a time or two before.  She gave a bit of a nod, a respectful one, towards Ives.  Thea was there, already, to the side, and the odd android they had acquired from the Versant was there.  Seeing her, was like a kick in the gut, watching something that had come from the Versant itself standing there brought up memories that Blue tried her best to leave buried. 

But... android.... I really want to scan it.  And take it apart.  And put it back together.  Is that a panel on the back?  I wonder if it would be pissed if I opened it and poked around?  I'm totally a professional, it would be in the name of science, research, and furthering the development of androids of the future.  I could probably get away with it... right?

It was not lost on Blue that the Artificial Intelligent outnumbered the blood pumpers, but she figured there was a reason they were all here.  So, Blue tore her eyes away from V-Nine and looked over at the Captain wondering what had brought them all together today.

Maybe Ives is going to let me play with the AI.  Take this Versant cast off and make it better, make it ours, upgrade Thea, make Albert better.  Make the Theurgy Better.  It's a slogan I can get behind.

"You requested us, Cap?" she inquired trying to play it cool.

Re: 57561.14 Sapient Situations

Reply #1
[ Captain Ives | CO Ready Room | Deck 01 | Vector 01 | USS Theurgy ]
[Show/Hide]
The atmosphere in the ready room might have been a bit... frosty by the time Blue entered with her owl. V-Nine was wringing her hands, her lens swivelling to and fro, and Thea had her chin raised looking just like she'd had a stern word from her Captain, and that was not far from the truth.  The conversation had touched upon many subjects pertaining to the A.I., what she'd done on the Versant, even going back to Lin Kae's actions and Thea's unsanctioned attempt to salvage her daughter's holographic matrix at the risk of the crew. Not to mention the time when she'd jeopardised the Reaver to reach Cala and board her.

So when Commander Tiran and Albert had entered, it took Jien a moment to turn his eyes away from Thea's silhouette, and give the new member of the Senior Staff a tight-lipped smile. "Welcome, please, be seated," he said quietly, and leaned back a little, collecting his thoughts. In the matter of Albert, Thea had no part in his upgrade. It was a Savi experiment that had put this... Synthesis Code in the mechanical owl, scans having said he'd been fitted with a positronic processor and the base components to support Thea's level of unique subroutines.  The Owl was a separate entity, without access to Thea's computer cores, but he was still a part of the current discussion.

So when Blue had made herself comfortable, Jien's oaken eyes moved to the fierce woman first. "Do not be alarmed, there is naught to be worried about. I just need to speak with you about Albert's nature before the Savi picked you both up from that escape pod," he said, and then turned his eyes to the owl, and looked into his luminescent blue eyes. "And I needed to speak with you, Albert, about what you experienced aboard the Versant. I have already heard it from Thea, but I would not make a decision on your status aboard this ship without speaking with you first. First, however, I would like to ask forgiveness for my rudeness in not welcoming you aboard the Theurgy personally. I hope your first time aboard has not been too difficult, despite the circumstances in which you came aboard."

Whether or not Blue was surprised that Jien suddenly treated her owl as a person - just like anyone else aboard/ Jien didn't acknowledge it, his eyes on the owl alone after Blue had said her part.

Reply #2
[LCdr Blue Tiran | Shit Goin' Down | Show Down | Am I Just Here for Albert? |  Can I Buy a WTF for $300?]
@Auctor Lucan

If there was frigidity in the air, Blue Tiran was completely oblivious.  Mostly, because she was so enamored with the beautiful V-Nine and how much she wanted to disassemble, investigate, and put back together.  She would even use most of the original parts, honest.  There were probably ways to streamline her interior components and everything.  Blue just needed to be given the opportunity.  Though she supposed that this one was just as sapient as Albert was now, and she would have to actually ask if she could take her apart.  The question wouldn't be posed to Ives but instead to Vi herself.  Still, Blue doubted as much as she wanted it to .. it would ever happen.  Still, she could fantasize. 

Thea looked like she had been punished or was awaiting the discipline that was coming soon.  Vi's face was completely unreadable, but Albert shifted on her shoulder slightly and not because his footing had slipped.  Ives told her to have a seat, and she did as she was told.  Crossing one leg over the other she made herself as comfortable as she could.  She was used to the impressive weight of Albert on her shoulder and after a long week without him in her life or bag, she was grateful for his presence.  Even if he was starting to create his own way around the Theurgy and not tied to her explicitly as he used to be.

Ives assured her there was nothing to worry about but he wanted to talk to them about how Albert was before the Savi picked up their escape pod.  Blue rose her brow and looked towards her right shoulder where Albert sat perched surveying the entire room.  A slight hum as his head twisted around to take in all the people involved.  Vi, Thea, and Ives.

He turned to Albert and stated that he needed to talk to him as well.  About the Versant, his experiences there, and how he had heard some already from Thea.  Blue rose her brow but she didn't find it surprising that someone would be speaking to Albert.  She had been talking to him for years.  Ives then apologized for having not actually welcomed Albert on board yet. 

“Before the Savi?  Well Albert was my creation.  I built his chassis from scratch and improved upon it over time allowing him greater mobility and he has all sorts of secret compartments and things that open on verbal command of myself.  His programming however, was more simplistic.  He was a PADD interface system.  He was synced to my PADD at all times, he was my alarm clock, work schedule reminder, and sleep reminder.  He chirped and had various sounds he made that I could understand having programmed each and every one of them myself.  But, that was what he was before the Savi.”

Albert shifted on her shoulder and his feathers made a slight clacking sound as they settled.

[Greetings, Captain Ives, Thea, and V-Nine.  It is pleasant to be in the same room as you both once more.  As to my welcome, I understand your concern, however unnecessary it may be.  You did not exactly choose my station upon your ship, I do find myself appreciative of your acceptance.  Miss Blue is quite attached.]

“Over statement of the fucking century.” she grumbled, but the grin on her face stated otherwise.

[My time with the Savi, was less traumatic than most.  I was confiscated with the escape pod, and my ports were investigated.  I do not understand the Savi spoken language, however, their intent in their scans was to find my purpose.  I believe they found me primitive at best, and decided, to see if my carriage would be able to support a matrix similar to that of Thea.  Upon their research, they refitted my programming with Thea's positronic matricies altered to match what they felt I could handle and I was upgraded to sapience.  I was then placed within a cage and kept there.  I recall through my optical sensor databanks I had been placed there previous but had no recollection as I had no ability to be concerned or otherwise knowledgeable of such things.  However, once I was returned to my cage I did ponder upon  my purpose.  Then, before I could be utilized for much, Miss Blue came to liberate me from my prison and together we saved Miss Thea from her own.]

With that said, he settled more fully on Blue's shoulder, being comfortable in his sport with her.

Reply #3
[Show/Hide]
In quietude, Jien listened to both Commander Tiran and the metallic owl, any humour about a talking owl lost on him given his convictions concerning Artificial Intelligence and entities possessing such. The serious mien he wore was one of respect, and openness to accept the truth of present circumstances. Perhaps more readily than others, but Jien would not compromise his beliefs just to be level with others.

When Albert finished talking, Jien leaned back a little, nodding in gratitude for the account given, and took a deep breath. "Of course you are accepted aboard, just as I did not begrudge Commander Tiran the usage of you in her tasks. However, after I learned what has happened to you, there are certain matters that need to be clarified."

Turning his head, Jien looked at Thea and V-Nine, both so different from each other and even more different than Albert in appearance, and yet at a fundamental, unseen level, the three had something in common. "I have had the time to read the reports, and make some sense of what the Savi did. It would seem that a certain event changed Thea's processes in a way unprecedented in A.I. technology. This event was when the Ishtar Entity visited upon this ship... and turned Thea - her holographic interface - into a human woman. For a few hours, Thea was no longer built of photons and a latticework of force fields, and her holographic matrix that used to be run by a positronic brain in this ship's computer core... was replaced by a human brain and mind. With thoughts, notions and freedom of interpretation based in brain synapses rather than processors. Later, when the entity left the ship, Thea was restored to what she used to be."

Thea said naught, but her face had softened, and she looked towards Blue and Albert while Jien spoke.

"This event, however, changed something fundamental in how Thea accumulated and processed input. For the crew, it was not so obvious, but Ensign Lin Kae worked with Thea to help her come to terms with.... the 'numbness' of her projection. He upgraded her projection with a mobile emitter, which is suspended in the air with anti-grav units. Since then that emitter has been upgraded yet again by other capable crewmembers. Weeks have passed, and Thea has evolved in a way we could never have guessed. I am not even sure anyone can quantify her development, for how do you measure self-awareness? Which yardstick do you use to confirm sapience? This was why the Savi abducted Thea, tore out her positronic brain from the ship... and replicated her program in a formula... which they came to call the Synthesis Code."

Jien now looked at Albert again. "You might already be aware of the fact, but this is what the Savi installed in you, after upgrading your hardware with the necessary components to host the code," said Jien, and then turned his oaken eyes towards the android with the white chassis and quirky manners. "And this is what Thea uploaded to V-Nine, since she wanted to preserve what the Savi had copied from her. We do not know what kind of hardware V-Nine has, but it has become evident that she can host the Synthesis Code in her systems as well. In short, the three of you share a software unprecedented in Federation history, but the three of you have vastly different platforms in which the code is stored. A starship, a surgical android of alien fabrication, and an former PADD interface of avian model. Now..."

Looking back at Albert, Jien spelled it out. "...you cannot rightly be a possession of Commander Tiran, for such a thing might be constituted as slavery. While she abides to the tenets of the Federation, Thea is no longer 'property' of Starfleet, V-Nine belong neither to the Savi nor us, and you are to be considered an individual - just like anyone else aboard this ship." That was, perhaps, the good news. There were, of course, concerns as well. "What you are, however, is a civilian guest aboard this ship, without Security Clearance in Main Engineering or right to attend Senior Staff meetings. Just like the Department Heads cannot bring other civilians to discuss command level tasks, nor can Commander Tiran continue to bring you everywhere she goes. I am sorry."

Jien knew how this change might not be what either of the two wanted, but he wasn't finished yet. He let them talk, however, while he changed.... to her female form. She remained seated as she was, listening to what they said, before she'd make her own suggestions, just like she'd done for V-Nine.

Re: SD 57561.14 Sapient Situations

Reply #4
[LCdr Blue Tiran | Changes Are Coming | Albert is a Civilian | This Complicates Shit | Why Can't Things Stay the Same?]
@Auctor Lucan

Blue was listening avidly to what was going on.  She was pretty fucking sure, that Ranaan would be surprised she was still quiet, while she listened.  She hadn't jumped down anyone's throat, and she hadn't jumped out of her chair, she hadn't even cursed in about two minutes.  A running record most days for the young Engineering Chief.  She was not overly thrilled when Ives mentioned that he had allowed her to use Albert in her tasks, until now.  Now that the story was out, and clarity had come to the Captain, which likely meant that the next things out of the man.. woman... frog's mouth was going to be something that she really didn't fucking want to hear.  Still, Blue waited, because Ranaan's voice was in her ear reminded her not to jump the gun.  Not to jump to pissed when she didn't know the full situation just yet.

Something in her gut said she wasn't going to like it though.

Ives was spouting a shit ton of words.  Blue pulled her PADD out for a moment and fired off a message to Ranaan because she was trying to keep her cool, but she had a feeling that she knew where this was going.  It was a blow for Blue, to lose Albert in any way.  She had already lost him because he was no longer the Albert she had created, he was often talking on his own and mouthing off to her, and now she was probably going to lose him as her right hand during her work hours. 

[I am about to lose my shit.] she typed into her PADD.  Staring at the words that blinked back at her waiting for her to press the send button.  Albert, shifted his head on it's axis and surveyed her a moment before he turned back to Ives listening to him giving the detailed history about Thea and V-Nine.  As they both waited for the sword to fall on their heads.  Blue pressed send to Ranaan, and looked back up with a long sigh.

Here it comes.

Ives started by mentioning that Albert could no longer be the possession of Blue.  Her brow arched up quickly, and Albert shot her a glare, or what passed for one with his glowing Blue eyes that put her back in check for just enough of a moment not to jump to her feet and tell Ives to get bent.  That's what she really wanted to do, anyway.  He stated that Albert was now considered his own person, and that came with it's own complicated shit.  Albert shifted his head and gaze back over to the man that sat behind the desk.

[I appreciate the designation.  As I have become no longer a PADD interface and have been upgraded to my current status.  I fail to see the reason I cannot assist Miss Blue as I have always done.] he stated calmly, firmly, and yet, there was a hint of insult in there somewhere.  Just a little bit of one, as if his actual features were getting ruffled.

He mentioned that no longer was Albert cleared for Main Engineering and he would not be allowed to attend senior staff meetings. 

“That's shit!” Blue said before she could stop herself.  She sat up straight.  Albert adjusting himself so that he moved with her momentum as she sat up straight.  Ives was lucky she didn't have him by the front of the shirt yet.  But, Blue had some control of herself.  Even if most people didn't think so.  She sighed softly and looked at the Captain.  “He has been with me, forever.  I get it, he's a person now, but he's always fucking been one to me and that personally doesn't change shit.  I .. “ she knew that she had to be careful and she had to compromise here to get what she wanted from this situation.  “I get that he can't be in senior staff meetings but .. you can't.. not allow him on deck with me.  He's .. he keeps my schedules, he keeps me going, and he has a shit ton of my engineering knowledge programmed into him before he even got a personality of his own.  I at least need him down there.  He can.. be a consultant or .. or something until you give him actual clearance.  There has to be a fucking middle ground.”  she let out a long breath... and added.  "Captain."

Albert shifted and he tilted his head for a moment, before tapping one of his talons almost like he was clearing his throat without the sound a throat would make since he didn't have one.

[Without Miss Blue's exuberant display of loyalty and curse words, I would very much appreciate actually being useful.  I appreciate having my own personage.  I do wish to be my own person.  I do wish to be of help to the Theurgy crew and of course Miss Blue.  She is not incorrect that my knowledge and application can only assist in Engineering especially considering the diagnostics and condition of the ship at this time.  What can I do to be allowed to stay in Engineering and find an actual position for myself that comes with clearance.  I refuse to be a glorified paper weight with an attitude.] 

Blue snorted a chuckle and appreciated him backing her up.

[There must be a plan, Captain Ives, you do not seem to be the creation without one.]

Reply #5
[Show/Hide]
After she'd changed to her female form, just before the two replies came across her desk, Captain Ives remained passive. Thea turned her head to look at Blue Tiran with concern, given her frank attitude, but in the end, it showed that the woman from the Endeavour had the sense to at least use proper protocol with addressing her Commanding Officer. Ives was not the least concerned, confident in how - colourful vocabulary aside - Tiran was still a Starfleet officer and knew how to conduct herself as such.

Still, in the quietude of the lingering silence, V-Nine could be heard saying. "Oh, dear...." Thea turned her head back without comment, while Jien listened to Albert next, and how he came to the evident conclusion that Jien did have a solution in mind.

"Correct," she said soon enough, and slowly folded her hands on top of the desk. "Like all civilian specialists Starfleet might employ, you will be required to take some tests and become evaluated in your performance in Engineering. Specifically, I had in mind that you'd be employed as a civilian assistant to Commander Tiran once you pass these assessments."

Jien turned her oaken eyes towards the woman across her desk with the blue in her hair. Her voice was crystal clear, but lacked reproach. "So there is no cause for greater concern," she said, the pause marked by a faint smile. "You and Albert will be able to continue to work together soon enough. Even as early as tomorrow, if time allows for the assessments to be made. While not in Senior Staff meetings or in dealing with issues over his security clearance, I will make sure he can remain with you. As a person of his own, he just needs the same treatment as any civilian might need."

V-Nine lowered the metal hands that she'd been wringing in worry, and she cleared her throat even though she lacked an oesophagus. "May I add, if it is of any relevance, that I have been given the same treatment after I came aboard and my... upgraded nature became known. I have undergone assessments in Sickbay by Doctor Elro Kobol , and with my detailed data on Starfleet ethics and protocol, I was cleared to preform duties in Medical. Yay me!" The android said this and thrust forth a hand with both her index and middle finger raised in a peace sign. She immediately caught herself, however, and seemed confused at her own gesture, looking at her hand and lowering it in apparent befuddlement. Thea could barely contain her mirth.

"He deserves it," said Jien with her faint smile remaining, her words indicating Albert while she spoke to Tiran, "and I hope you will not begrudge him that, Commander?"

Re: Day 02 [1000 hrs.] Sapient Situations

Reply #6
[LCdr Blue Tiran | [Albert Tiran] | Fucking High Brass | [Upgrading Ones Security Clearance] | What the Acutal Fuck | [Something to Strive For] | Albert Better Work Hard | [One Wonders How Quickly One Can Advance]
@Auctor Lucan

Albert and Blue listened avidly to the Captain's words as she explained what was going to happen.  Albert would go through a series of tests, and at the end, he would be her civilian assistant in Engineering.  Which was a glorified secretary and something she would probably rub in his fucking face every second that she could.  But, for now, she was just glad he wasn't going to be relegated to working at the lounge or serving food in the mess hall or something.  She wanted him close, even if he chose, eventually, to leave, she wanted him close for now until he chose his own path later down the road.  Inwardly, she hoped that he would stay close to her because he was her family and she his but that would remain to be seen.  They got along about as well as you might expect brothers and sisters to and she hoped that Albert would create an attachment to her in a platonic way.

[That is acceptable.  I will put my efforts into passing these assessments post haste.]

Ives looked over at Blue to quell her concerns about Albert being off her deck.  She didn't mind that he was his own person now.  He had been with her for so long and Blue had lost so much recently.  Yes, she had Ranaan back and that was a dream come true.  Still, there were times that she feared greatly it was all a dream and he wouldn't return back from shift.  Already, Blue was throwing herself into the heavy hours of fixing the shit in Engineering, and already she was working herself to exhaustion because it was easier to fall asleep that way.  The nightmares, they kept her from getting the kind of rest she really needed.  But, that was just how it was for now. 

Blue gave a quick nod.  “That's fine, as long as he can work hard to earn his status.  I can keep him out of my meetings and when I have to put the ban hammer on someone, but, I think we will both be better if he has a purpose.  It may not ultimately be engineering, now that he has his own personality he might like flowers or some... science shit.  But, until then, I would be happy to have him as my assistant.”

[Miss Blue, I do not see the draw to the flora of the world.]

“Me neither.” she sighed with a shrug.

Blue's crystalline eyes shifted when V-Nine began to speak.  She was almost timid in the way that she carried herself, and it made her wonder if Albert would appreciate a new better made chassis or if he was happy being an owl.  She supposed she would have to see how he felt about himself at some point.  For now, it wasn't really the time or place.  That would a little heart to heart she planned to have with him at some point.  Vi told her how she had been able to get through the assessments rather quickly, and now she was able to help.  Blue gave a nod, but the whole... peace sign thing was a bit unnerving really. 

“You're really fucking peppy.” she said with a sigh and shook her head.  At least, Vi was for Medical and not Engineering.  “Though I guess when you have to deal with hurt and sick mother fuckers, then you'll need to be chipper.” she gave a shrug.

Ives told her that she shouldn't begrudge Albert the same education afforded the others.  Blue snorted.  “Captain, I wouldn't begrudge Albert anything.  He is an asshole, but he's still Albert.  He's .. not .. mine anymore, but he is with me and has been since I created him.  I'm sure I'll be working on all sorts of fucking upgrades for him as we see what he needs in his new capacity.  For now, what kind of assessments do we need to get him through?  Do you do this?  Do I do this?  I'm going to need some kind of guide for what exactly you are wanting him to accomplish before he can be my assistant.” she stated resting her chin in the palm of her hand she waited for the answers.

[Captain, I too, would be interested in the requirements of my status upgrades.]

Reply #7
[Show/Hide]
The two took the development and requirements well, and the question that came was merely one of practicality. Thea smiled and turned in their direction, having the protocols readily available in her database. Her projection's chameleon bodysuit had its neutral black and grey colour, instead of one dedicated to a specific Division. When she might aid in the different departments, Jien knew the A.I. to re-sequence her projection to wear departmental colours.

"I will administer the standardised assessments, including the questionnaires and the instructional content, and I will forward the results to Captain Ives upon completion. As for requirements, the majority of it is covered in proper Starfleet protocol and conduct, but the guidelines in which the evaluated person are taught these have been altered to not be so heavily reliant on rank and chain-of-command. A civilian might have greater difficulty in adhering to rules based on foreign concepts, so the curriculum has been adapted for a more effective understanding about the proper channels and order in which things should be done."

Jien nodded, turning her oaken eyes to the owl as well. "I would not be concerned, Albert. For you, who have the data you need readily available, the assessment is a formality, but the rules of conduct need to be followed."

The matter sorted, at least concerning Commander Tiran and Albert, Jien felt that there was no need to stretch it out much further. "Unless there are any further questions, you two are dismissed. Thea will contact you tomorrow and begin the process, Albert, and you have your orders in regard to how Albert is to be treated henceforth, Commander. That will be all."

Re: Day 02 [1000 hrs.] Sapient Situations

Reply #8
[LCdr Blue Tiran – [Albert Tiran] | New Beginnings – [Education for the Already Educated] | Old Friends – [Upgrades Available] | Assistant Incoming – [Utilize My Capacity]]
@Auctor Lucan

It seemed that Thea would be doing the assessments and helping Albert get whatever things that he needed to have the Security Clearance to work as her assistant.  It would take some adjustment on her part to make sure that Albert didn't over step his bounds.  She wanted to make sure that he had a spot though because he was her creation.  Though he was his own person now, and would be having his own likes, dislikes, jobs and whatever.. she wanted to remain part of his life if at all possible.  For now though, she just wanted to make sure that he was happy and felt useful.  Blue knew full well how much she would hate not being useful for various reasons and didn't want him to feel the same. 

Albert shifted his viewing sensors to take Thea in for a moment and then gave a quick nod.  [Of course, that seems agreeable.  It will also give us a chance, Miss Thea, to catch up.]

Ives told them that since everything had been settled if there was nothing else the two of them could go.  Blue brushed her hand through her thick curls and gave a shrug.  “I got nothing, you?” she asked looking at Albert.

[I believe our business to be concluded.] he stated.

Standing up, Albert still on her shoulder she looked over at Ives and gave him a nod.  “Thank you, Captain, for giving Albert a job and a home.  I'm sure that he will be a useful addition to the Theurgy soon.” she said with a bit of a smile.

[Miss Blue, that is... kind.] Albert said, as though he was touched.  Though with his voice lacking true inflection it was hard to tell if he was or not.

“Good day, Captain.” she gave a quick nod of respect and turned. 

Albert shifted his head all the way backward to see Thea.  [I will wait for your communication.] and with that the most unlikely pair exited Ives' office and the door closed behind them.

Damn.  I didn't ask for permission to play with V-Nine.

-Fin-

Simple Audio Video Embedder