Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 357578 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #5277
in relation to the recent update:
Take care @Auctor Lucan ! Real life comes first. Always! I wish your family all the best and your wife a speedy recovery. Again, take care!

@BipSpoon sad to see you leave but as mentioned before, Real life comes first. See you later.

Reply #5278
I feel you @Auctor Lucan , I have bitten off more than I can chew personally and professionally. I am playing catch-up on both ends but still alive and working on getting some time free.
CPO Sithick [Show/Hide]
CWO1 Larrant [Show/Hide]
BG Natauna
[Show/Hide]

Reply #5279
Apologies to those I've promised updates to.  I had a work emergency (another gd leak in collections) that needed a lot of time and energy.  Now awake WAY too late, but I will try to get to stuff tomorrow. 
Really enjoying writing a halfway stable character for once...

Reply #5280
Hey folks. This is just a notice that I may be slow to respond to posts for a while, if at all. I'm currently down to one working hand, and even using that is becoming painful. This is temporary (hopefully I'll be getting surgery in May), but for the short-term, typing is becoming more and more difficult.

Reply #5281
Take care of yourself,  Griff.  I hope things get better for you sooner rather than later.
Lieutenant Reika Sh’laan, Assistant Chief of Operations (V3) [Show/Hide]
Ensign Sashenka Kreshkova, Unassigned Wolf Trainee [Show/Hide]

Reply #5285
Hey folks. This is just a notice that I may be slow to respond to posts for a while, if at all. I'm currently down to one working hand, and even using that is becoming painful. This is temporary (hopefully I'll be getting surgery in May), but for the short-term, typing is becoming more and more difficult.
Oh no!  I hope that the surgery goes well and that you recover quickly! 

Reply #5286
Hi All -

Just a quick note that Im going to be out of town from April 3 through April 8.  We'll be coming home and going right into Easter festivities so I won't realistically be posting again until Monday the 10th. 

I WILL be taking my laptop with me while we're out of town, but I can't promise posts.  Based on my current posting queue here's what I'm looking at - 

My one on one threads with @Pierce @rae @ob2lander961 @Tae and @Griff will be updated before I leave town.

My group thread with @rae @Pierce and @RyeTanker  will also be updated before I leave town

My one on one threads with @Nero @Ellen Fitz and @RyeTanker‍   as well the Ensemble thread  "Upon Waking"  with @Dree , @Auctor Lucan  and others (all of which I've previously tagged)  will not be updated before I leave, but I'm taking it with me  so I can work on them offline as time allows. 

See you on the flip side y'all!

Reply #5289
A shout out of encouragement to @Auctor Lucan and anyone else fighting the good fight and putting one foot in front of the other, saying eff you to difficult circumstances by keeping on!

Reply #5290
Welp, I finally got the breakthrough case of COVID I'd been hoping I wouldn't get.  Shame.  I was on a roll on my thesis, too.  :(

I'm medicated, vaxxed, and boosted multiple times, so based on how it hit my parents a few months back I'm expecting a couple of days of absolute misery followed by a weak of cruddy recovery. 

Reply #5293
Thanks folks.  I have a cheap dO2 sensor and a bunch of general "sick supplies" (gatorade, saltines, cough drops, decongestant, ibuprofen, etc.), so I'm going to hunker down and hope it ends quickly.  The vaccine's doing its job, at least, it's "flu" bad, not "hospital" bad right now. 

Reply #5294
Hey folks, as a general notice: for the next six weeks, perhaps more, I'm going to be a tad distracted. Between medical fun times, helping my parents move, emptying a rather large house effectively alone, my own impending homelessness (got to love my landlord's timing) and other factors, my life has been chucked into a blender. Everything will work out in the long run (good things are happening) but in the short-term...yeah, it's a nightmare.

Please excuse me if I'm (very) late on posts, inactive on Discord or generally a bit off. Normal service will resume eventually.

Reply #5297
Thankfully, the 'Rona was partially ameliorated by my vaccine.  Wasn't much worse than the flu.  On the mend and glad I remembered to get boosted. 

Reply #5298
Hey guys, just as a heads up- I'm leaving for a work trip tomorrow, so I'll be super busy next week. Then, because my work is footing the bill for an international flight and the return trip price is the same no matter when I use it, I'm going to hang in Europe for a few weeks for vacation and remote work until my friend's wedding in Denmark (not a crazy destination wedding, they're both Danish). I wanted to catch up on replies before I left... but yeah, that failed. Highly doubt I'll have time to write during the actual business trip part, but I'm sure I'll find some down time afterwards!

I made a list of all the replies I still owe. Special apologies to Nolan, because I'm pretty sure I've owed you a starter for months.

p.s. Last time I was in Copenhagen, I saw Sweden multiple times. Totally gonna wave and makes faces at you, @Auctor Lucan.

Reply #5299
This is on behalf of @Tae: He's joined the Imperium of Man and will be off conquering the evil arachnids of Grid 8472 in their cutting star destroyers, with potential explorations in Galileo shuttlecraft for the next week. And somehow finding time to move and get set up in a new apartment in the process.

Simple Audio Video Embedder