Skip to main content
Topic: New Thread Naming Convention! (Read 2762 times) previous topic - next topic

New Thread Naming Convention!

NEW THREAD NAMING CONVENTION!

Hi there everyone!

I realise that there might have been a lot of emails from the forum as I have been fixing this. Sorry about the mess in your inboxes in that case!

Given the number of members we have, and how many threads are being written and added to the Interregnum, the old naming convention with Chapter numbers was too hard to manage for all of us. The numbers never sufficed, and I had to rename all threads as soon as a new one was added. Therefore, I made a quick experiment, and I found a way to have this made much easier for everyone involved.

Check this out:

>> Full Resolution

Link: Interregnum 04-05

If you go to the board, and you sort it using the pull-down menu in the top right corner (see green dots in the image), you will get an idea of what I have done. If you sort it by subject, you will notice that you get the entire Interregnum story so far sorted chronologically without having to utilise the old Chapter numbers. Now, with the new naming convention for new threads, all threads new and old will be sorted automatically. The only exception to this sorting method will be pinned threads.

Before, all pinned threads were unfinished, pulling them to the top while the unpinned and finished ones fell to the bottom of the board. This became problematic since its was impossible for me to keep track of the chapter numbers, making me use numbers already picked for finished threads at the bottom. It was just a huge headache, and really time-consuming. Now, there is a new significance for the pinned threads in orange at the top, and if you check which they are, you might get the idea why they are pinned.

Pinned, orange threads are major or ship-wide events that affect a lot of writers. They are more story-related than most of the regular free-form one-on-one threads in the Interregnum. You can see that the Senior Staff Announcement thread is there, because it begun with a ship-wide announcement that all characters aboard hears. There is also information about how Thea is split up in MVAM and undergoing repairs, and between the Senior Staff in the Conference Lounge, actions are being planned to deal with the threat of the Devoted and Virus 117. So, this thread is a high-priority and story-related thread, and it is pinned to the top for easy access for everyone. The same applies for the Departmental Head Speeches thread, the beginning of the Sabine Mission as well as the new Engineering Thread. All these (will) affect a lot of writers, and they are therefore pinned so that their time-index is easy to keep track of.

This new thread naming convention will not require me to add chapter numbers either, so you can all just post new threads when you find a time-index that works for your characters. The naming convention is, in short, simply this:

Day XX [XXXX hrs.] Insert Title Of New Thread

Hope all of this makes sense, but please post your questions here! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Simple Audio Video Embedder