Skip to main content
Topic: Day 02 [1100 hrs.] Boomerang  (Read 3297 times) previous topic - next topic

Day 02 [1100 hrs.] Boomerang

[Zyrao Natauna – Klingon Liaison | Ghosts From the Past | Where Have You Been | Why Are You Here | I Let You Go- But You Did Not Leave]
@Nolan

Stardate 57561.25
March 12, 11:00 am
Aldea – Apartment of Zyrao Natauna

Zyrao had no belongings.

Not any longer, at least, not on the Theurgy.  Everything she had owned; all her precious books, her tea, her collection of tea cups, and her various collected weapons had been vaporized outside SuD Lang.  Now, she was a nomad again, or rather she had a home.. she supposed but the things that made a home what it was were of familiarity and comfort.  Luckily, since she had been working a long time with the Klingon and was seen as one of Martok's own she had been given an apartment on Aldea to call her own.  Though she hardly ever stayed there it had some of the things she held dear to herself.  Many of her favorite things were lost when the Hakkarl was destroyed, but there were some here and that was all that mattered at this point.

Still, walking over the glass walkways and making the way to her apartment felt odd.  Only because she was most definitely used to being here again.  She had been on a ship for a long time, years even, probably, though the actual time line was a bit lost to her.  It had been a good long time at any rate.  Drex had kept them very busy from one battle to the next, from one planet to the next, from one slave to the next.  It mattered little.  He liked being busy and she didn't mind it herself because it gave her things to do and she only earned more cred as she went on.

It was funny how a body doesn't forget where it's going.  How seeing familiar landmarks still gave you the directions you needed to find home even if it had altered in the time away.  New monuments, new buildings, old ones missing.  And yet, there were still enough of them around that she found it rather easy to navigate her old stomping grounds.  She paused inside one of the small bakeries.  The smell of warm pastries and tarts greeted her as she walked into the door.  A small tinkle from above with the bells on the door, small elongated metal cylinders clanging together, announced her arrival.  She purchased a few of the tarts.  Giving a way she stepped back out of the shop and brushed her long tattooed fingers through her dark short hair. 

With her boot tread biting into the stone beneath her she pivoted and headed home.  The building she had lived in while on Aldea was rather large, and she had been able to afford herself an apartment up in the central part of the building.  The higher the floor the higher the price.  Some might think she would prefer to stay lower to the ground but she enjoyed the view when she could get it and it just so happened that she could see a fair amount from her centrally located floor.  Zyrao entered the building feeling the cool air brushing against her as she did so.  Pushing the button for the glass encased lift, it quickly fell towards her from above before some kind of magnetic resistance took over and it bounced a few times lightly before opening the cylindrical space.

Stepping within the glass bubble, she pressed her thumb against the resident pad and it read the print there rocketing her upwards towards the twentieth floor.  Up there, she was able to step out onto her floor which was populated by only four units.  She headed over towards her door and again pressed the thumb against the resident scanner and the door opened.  The air inside was cycled often, so it wasn't stale, and she had paid for someone to clean it monthly, so her precious books, teas, and other trinkets weren't covered in layers of bronze dust.  Just as she was about to step inside fully she heard footsteps behind her and moved quickly.  Twisting her body out of the way, just in case, old instincts kicking in with the possibility of it being an assailant. 

Re: 57561.25 Boomerang

Reply #1
[Chloe Naryssa/Ravon | Aldea | Apartment of Zyrao Natauna]

It had been quite a while from where Chloe had begun to regain her own life. After being ditched planet side by Zyrao Natuana, she had to fend for her own, having learned the basics and primary tools for survival. To be fair, life was still hard on her as she was left alone in the galaxy. Then again, Zyrao had taught her that life would always be hard, regardless... Chloe had since than moved on, carved her own path and way into the galaxy. It had taken a few weeks before she managed to flee the planet she was left on, stowed away on a freighter before she got to learn her own tricks and skills at a space station.

She thrived at the station and built up her own thing for a few months, eventually she moved on, not wanting to settle down just yet and wanting to explore the universe a bit more. It brought her in a lot of places, sometimes in tight spots and trouble. Though Chloe endured, adapted and moved on. Her latest travels had brought her to a planet called Aldea, a bustling planet that had it's own thing going. There were rumors lately about something big and secretive going on, yet nobody could really pinpoint the how or where of it.

Strolling idly through the streets of Aldea her eyes fixed themselves on a unique figure. Chloe froze for a second as her mouth turned dry and her mind had to catch up for a second before she looked around. With a swallow, she began to tail the woman in ways she had perfected throughout the years. Following her back to the building she seemingly resided in. A thousand questions burned inside Chloe's mind. Why was she here? Was she here all along? Would she still remember her? Why did she leave her in the first place?

She observed her target and watched her step into the elevator before checking what floor it went to. She followed with an adjacent elevator quickly enough and in just a matter of seconds she was on the same floor as Zyrao Natuana. She stepped out of the elevator and the El Aurian seemingly still had her wits about her. As always... If not, Chloe might have been disappointed in her. As she turned around and looked at the familiar face, it shocked Chloe at how little the woman had aged. Her face looking no different from when she had broken her free from her chains.

Chloe remained by the elevator and she wasn't sure what to say or what to do. Various emotions burned up and varied from bursting out into tears, to shouting to outright assaulting her. It was a volatile mix that had to be contained and the girl's fingers curled up as she formed them into fists. Her eyes locked on Zyrao as she parted her lips. Nothing came out of it though... Instead her eyes caught onto a vase in the corridor and with a quick dive she took it up and aimed it towards the door opening of Zyrao. She flung it towards her with a certain force, aimed towards the former rescuer. Chloe knew though that the KDF strategist had much more experience and skills than her, yet she had to try. The vase being a distraction to close the distance and stop her from slamming the door shut. She launched herself off her feet towards the door with a cry of frustration!

Re: SD 57561.25: Boomerang

Reply #2
[Zyrao Natauna – Klingon Liaison | The Truth Comes Out | Angry Women | Revenge is Sweet | Reuniting For the First Time]
@Nolan

Zyrao's move was old, practiced, and beautiful.

It proved easily that the older woman was most definitely not out of practice.  Her skill set was just as amazing as it had always been.  As she turned and blocked the attack from the blonde woman she looked down and was surprised at the face that glared back at her.  Zyrao could never forget those eyes.  Now filled with rage where they had once been filled with fear.  She had learned to live and make herself useful among the Klingon, she had been taught how to fight, how to kill, and how to become the person that she had ultimately wanted to be.  Zyrao was only partly responsible for all of those things.  She had taken a broken and scared young woman and set her down on the path that allowed to her become a true person in her own right.

Though, it was clear the woman was rather angry at her. 

Zyrao watched as Chloe grabbed up a rather nice vase that had been placed as décor on a table nearby.  The vase was flung at her and the open door.  She didn't even think, her body just moved allowing the vase to smash into the door jam instead of her body.  Chloe was already on the move.  She used a distraction, she has learned much. she thought to herself as the blonde charged at the open door.  Apparently she was going to force herself into the room so that they could have whatever chat was on the young woman's mind.

Zyrao didn't block her way, instead she moved out of the way to allow the younger woman entrance.  This caused Chloe to enter her apartment, and nearly run into the couch before she stopped herself burning out her momentum.  Zyrao grinned a bit to herself, and she stepped peacefully into her own apartment.  The lights inside flickered on, and the enviro units kicked on to refreshen the air now that she was home.  Dark eyes shifted to the young woman and gave her a bit of a knowing smile as she calmly crossed to her collection of teas. 

“computer replicate proper tea water.” she said to the room's computer.

[Acknowledged]

A few moments later, the water was replicated in a large clear kettle.  She grabbed it up and began to work with the leaves she had missed while on the ship.  Carefully making the perfect cup of tea for herself and her guest.  “Also, replicate some of Chloe's favorite cookies.” she stated quickly in addition. 

Soon Zyrao came over to the table in front of the couch with two cups of freshly brewed tea, a plate of cookies, and then she met Chloe's gaze.  Sitting back in the couch cushions she rested her tired body in a air of familiarity.  Her grey eyes studied the young woman.  She has grown more beautiful over time. she thought to herself appraising the young woman a moment. 

“You could punch me.  Or, you could come and sit down with me, have some tea.  Tell me about your life.” she stated calmly as though she had no doubts Chloe would pick option two.

Reply #3
[ Chloe Naryssa/Ravon | Aldea | Apartment of Zyrao Natauna ]
@BZ

Smelling a small victory as Zyrao seemed to retreat into her apartment, Chloe gave chase as she sprinted to the door and into the unknown area. Quickly however she came to a stop as the couch was in her way and Zyrao had already a better position. The doors behind her getting rid of the debris as it closed. The eyes of the blonde woman tracking Zyrao now as the El-Aurian simply smiled at her with that smug look on her face.

The air smelled different than outside in the housing block and Chloe's eyes narrowed as Zyrao began to go through her tea ritual. Was she a fucking hologram? Was this all pre determined? Was she not even impressed by the angry woman in front of her. Chloe waited, biding her time to strike again if she had to as Zyrao had taught her everything she needed to start with. The basics so to speak. Chloe knew that the woman would undoubtedly see through her tactics even though she gave them years of perfectiion and little things that would make them her own moves.

She spoke up, her voice crystal clear as she asked for proper tea water and her order got acknowledged. Chloe wanted to say something, yet her words never left her mouth as Zyrao continued with her routine and requested the computer to create her favorite cookies. A peace symbol? A white flag as humans would call it?

The woman came back to her and Chloe took a more defensive stance as Zyrao clearly had her hands full with the tea and the cookies as she set them down. When her gaze finally met Chloe's, the girl couldn't help but feel a chill run down her spine. She left her with a choice and the human girl didn't hesitate to take an option. She vaulted over the couch, plopping down in it before her as she kept her eyes trained on Zyrao. Slowly she leaned forwards, leaning in to get a whiff of the tea in front of her "I'm still angry at you for leaving me like the way you did." she stated with a hurt yet anger laced voice.

Chloe was wearing a red leatherish coat with black motives on it. It didn't look brand new, almost worn, yet still presentable. Underneath she wore a gray corset like top, it looked restraining yet had various layers to it which allowed the user to move and breathe freely. It had a few pockets which could be used to store small things in and her long legs were clad in one of Zyrao's own styled leather pants. The kind she replicated for her the first time aboard the Klingon vessel. Her black boots reached just under her knees, these were looking rather worn and seemed to have traveled quite the distance. The hair of Chloe was shorter than Zyrao would remember, braided on one side which allowed her to see the left side of her scalp on certain spots while the full braid itself rested on her right shoulder. If anything, the girl didn't look as fragile as she had been when they first crossed paths.

Reply #4
[Zyrao Natauna – Klingon Strategist | Tea Fixes Everything | Bribery Goes Far | Angry Humans – Are Adorable]
@Nolan

She could almost feel the confusion coming off of Chloe as she worked on tea and cookies.  At how she didn't seem the least bit bothered by the young woman's outrage or the previous attack.  The broken earthenware would be cleaned up at some point by the staff that worked here, but Zyrao herself remained unharmed and would likely remain so.  Still, she was still trying to puzzle through all of her own emotions at seeing Chloe again.  They had been apart a very long time, years, but Zyrao had never forgotten the young woman.  Back on her ship she had occasionally run into small things or mementos of their time together that reminded her of the young blonde woman.  She still stood by her decision to send Chloe away.  There had been actual reasons for what she had done, and she wondered if Chloe was too angry to actually hear the reasons.

It took a few moments for Chloe to decide what she wanted to do.  It was smart to actually think through your options, and it proved that the young woman had grown greatly in the time they were apart.  Still, she waited and finally, Chloe vaulted over the back of the couch and plopped herself down on the couch cushions which gave slightly at her slight weight.  Zyrao gave a slight quirk of her lips, not really a smile, but she had won the first battle over her sweet Chloe.  No longer the scared, innocent, damaged girl of the past.  But a strong woman in her own right. 

Leaning forward, long adept fingers hoisted up the tea kettle and poured them both some freshly brewed tea.  Zyrao inhaled the light and crisp scent, and sighed.  This was what the Theurgy had been missing all along, and this was what she was going to have to bring back with her if she was every to return.  She had a job now, she supposed that she would be returning.  She had kind of settled that when she accepted the position.  There was no reason to stay on Aldea, and Zyrao's nomadic lifestyle was not going to allow her to stay in one place.  She hadn't been good at that for as long as she could remember.  Setting the tea in front of Chloe and then leaning back in her chair it felt very much like old times onboard the Klingon ship.

“You can be angry.  Your attack would have worked better, out in the hall, had you not screamed before attacking me.  You let your anger give you away.  I knew you were there, but your attack could have surprised me if you had not let emotions get in your way.” she responded softly taking a much needed sip of her tea she balanced her cup on the arm of the large chair she was sitting in and looked over at Chloe.

“I left you for the right reason.  You may not believe it to be so.  You had been a slave, you were brought onto my ship and I helped you become a woman in your own right.  But, you were still technically a slave.  You attached to me, your savior, and you would have stayed by my side forever.  Eventually, you would have resented me, for feeling like you should stay beside me because I brought you out of the darkness.”

She simply said taking a cookie from the plate, breaking it in half, and getting a small bite.  She chewed it giving herself a moment to put together her next words.  Once she had swallowed she looked back at the blonde.  “To give you freedom, true freedom, was a gift.  It was for you to find the kind of woman you wanted to be.  Without my influence, my guidance, and my own aspirations for you.  You needed to decide what you wanted out of life.  Whether you choose to believe my words or not is your decision.”

Reply #5
@BZ 

Chloe slowly laced her fingers into the tea cup she was offered, the warmth relaxing her muscles as Zyrao began to talk, giving her every right to be angry, yet also commenting on the attack she had launched mere seconds ago "If I wanted to actually hit you, I wouldn't have announced my presence." she answered with a cold almost biting response. The girl, who now could very well be called a woman didn't even offer a glance at Zyrao as she sat up straight in the couch. Her lips parting slightly to blow at the warm beverage before she took a sip.

Zyrao talked again and Chloe still refused to look at the woman who had saved her that many years ago. Instead she took a slow sip from the tea and let her tastebuds explore the flavor that Zyrao offered. Letting the warm liquid roll around in her mouth and over her tongue before swallowing it. The muscles of Chloe's body relaxed just the slightest. Like Zyrao, this did feel like coming home in a way to her. She had searched far and wide for tea like Zyrao's, never finding the right touch, way or flavor like Zyrao could make it.

The words of the KDF strategist rung in her ears, perhaps she was right. Why would Chloe have to admit to that? Her eyes finally breaking away from the cookies as Zyrao ate on and her eyes fixated on hers. She crossed her legs in the couch, taking a more calm demeanor as she took another sip from the tea. Chloe said nothing as the two of them sat there in the apartment. What kind of aspirations did the woman have for her? Were they so bad in that case?

Chloe swallowed again, this time without any tea as she reached out and took the broken in half cookie and studied it as she sat more relaxed in the couch "What would be wrong about us working together?" she asked "Was I that feeble that you never considered it, or would I be a sign of weakness to the Klingons you served with?" she asked "Like this cookie... Would it not have been better to have it whole?" she almost asked cryptically before she took a bite out of it "Was I wrong to think of you during all those years?" she asked the older woman "Have you thought about me during those years?"

The way she asked it almost seemed like Chloe wanted to get some confirmation from Zyrao. To know if the woman had cherished her in her thoughts. Or if she was just a faceless being in one of her uncountable years of existence. Was there more to them than at first sight? The woman in the couch ate with care, unlike the first time she was introduced to such a delicacy. She paid attention to not waste a single crumb of it and her eyes remained on Zyrao. Gauging her reactions and responses, ready to strike perhaps at a convenient time. Chloe's eyes no longer held the look of innocence, she had matured in every possible way. She had seen things during her travels, lived through hardships and suffered new wounds. Yet in the end, it were Zyrao's lessons that kept her from getting back up and pushing back to whatever challenge she had been brought to.

Re: Day 02 [1100 hrs.] Boomerang

Reply #6
[Zyrao Natauna – Klingon Liaison | Time for Truth | Broken Cookies | Less Mess – Not a Message]
@Nolan

A small quirk of her lips, at the young blonde woman's response, showed how tickled she was at it.  Zyrao leaned back all causal and relaxed while she watched the young woman.  She knew that the tea would likely relax Chloe.  Old habits died hard, afterall, it was something that still relaxed Zyrao when she needed something to just center on.  In her life, in her way of life, it was imperative that she had something that brought her back to center when it was necessary.  It often was with the Klingon and now with the Theurgy and it's untrusting-yet somewhat trusting bunch. 

“You have some anger, yet.” she remarked watching Chloe with her grey eyes.

She had missed her, though she felt that stating so out loud would do the young woman no favors.  The years they had been apart had been kind to the blonde.  She was more muscular, more stout, more confident.  She seemed to have a good sense of herself now, more so than she had before.  This was exactly the outcome that Zyrao had hoped would happen when she released the young woman.  She had realized, sadly, that Chloe would have gladly stayed with her savior for the rest of her life.  That was something Zyrao was not wanting to have happen.  She didn't want Chloe to be some sort of belonging to another person.  Even though Zyrao had never treated her as such, in the eyes of the Klingon, she wasn't free until she was free.

Chloe's words proved that she had been hurt by being let go.  Zyrao had hoped that over time the young woman would have realized there was a reason behind the El-Aurian's actions and done what was necessary to grow on her own.  It seemed, that the emotional connection to her had been far more deep than she had originally expected.  Chloe lashed out about how Zyrao had apparently not believed they could work together, and had not wanted her by her side.  The older woman sat back and let the younger speak.  Getting out all her words before she would speak again.  Zyrao was a listener, not just because of her race, but because she was good at picking up the cues from the faces and words of others.  Brushing a hand through her hair as Chloe charged forward even using the broken cookie as an example.

Zyrao put her tea down again and crossed her legs comfortably.  Grey eyes surveyed the young woman that had always carried a piece of her heart within her own; unknown apparently to her however. 

“Working beside you was not abhorrant.  I know you believe that I must have tired of you, that I wished to be done with your care, and that I could not wait to find the nearest planet to deposit you on.  I chose this one, this world, because it was my home.  Because, you would be safe here.  Letting you out on your own was one of the hardest things I have done in my life.  I have lost my family, my planet, my kind, and most recently, my ship.”

She picked up the tea and took a small sip before continuing on.  “If you think my heart did not feel anguish when I had to let you go, then I did not do a proper job of expressing myself while you were with me.  You were such a fragile thing when you came to me.  When I stole you from two Klingon and when I began to teach you to be your own woman.  I knew you were ready to be on your own the first time you fought with me.  The first time I came home and the place was a mess and you were passed out on the couch after too much blood wine.  When I woke you up and reminded you of the rules you told me and my rules to get bent.  You no longer were the malleable young woman, scared, dirty, and frightened.  You were a woman with your own rules, your own mind, and your own needs.  But, what I could not give you was the freedom to actually find out who you were.  On that ship you would have remained the woman that was listed as my slave.  You would have always been in my shadow and while I found comfort in your presence there, I did not want you to live in my shadow.  But instead, to live in the light all on your own.”

She hoped that Chloe could read the sincerity in her voice and that anger wasn't coloring her thoughts on it.

“I have cared for you, a long time.  Since the first night you lay beside me, all curled up against me, like a little girl.  I have never had a family, I never sought them, really.  However, you were the closest thing I have ever known.  Watching you find yourself, grow, seek purpose.  It was all a joy.  Sending you off without my protection nearly killed me.  It was important that you find yourself without me, and you have, you have become a strong and fierce woman.  Like I had hoped.”

When Chloe asked if she had thought about her while she was gone, Zyrao gave an honest smile.  “Every day.”

Zyrao stood up smoothly and crossed her living area to sit next to Chloe on the couch.  Hoping that her close proximity wouldn't anger the blonde any further but she was willing to risk it. 

“Tell me, of your adventures.”

Reply #7
@BZ

Pointing out that there was still anger left in her, the blonde simply nodded and didn't deepen into the subject. Finally Zyrao started to talk once more after letting Chloe spill her guts entirely. It was peculiar how the tea worked her magic on the girl. Feeling the anger, violence and hatred bleed out of her with each sip she took. Like Zyrao though, Chloe could listen as well. Looking at the tattooed woman as she took over the talking and listening to every bit of it as she spoke of family, how she felt when she cut her loose and an explanation why she did so. If anything Chloe could hear the sincerity in her voice, any second guessing she'd have still boiling within her slowly dying off.

What really seemed to impact the blonde woman in the couch was when she spoke of fulfilled ambitions. To see how strong, independent she had become, how Zyrao had hoped she'd become. She had mentioned her to be the closest thing to her that she could possibly call family and it had made Chloe simply look with wide eyes at her. As she told her that she thought about her every day, Chloe simply put her cup down at the table as she sighed. Her jaws clenched together though as she finally cast her eyes away from Zyrao. Looking down at her lap for a second to let all of it seep in and get it all processed.

From her peripheral vision she could see Zyrao get up and make her way over to her, the eyes of the blonde darting back up to follow her every move. She sat down besides her and Chloe scooted over slightly, keeping a distance between them as she also created room for Zyrao to join her. The El-Aurian asked about her adventures and Chloe scoffed lightly at it as she shook her head "Where do I begin..."

She started from the start, telling her how she fared after being dropped off from the Klingon ship and sought her way on the new planet. Giving the El- Aurian a rather detailed time table of what she did, it soon came apparent that Chloe did exactly what she was taught by the older woman. Finding herself shelter and supplies before scouting around the city and identifying threads from opportunities and potential allies. Surviving in the city had brought her in contact with many interesting people and factions. upgrading her temporary shelter to something more decent, she worked as a courier at first, delivering messages between officials, gangs, civilians. Messages became packages and the better she got at it the more sensitive the cargo became... As well as the payment and her notoriety.

Eventually the option presented itself for Chloe to leave the planet, working on a long distance contract. Instead of using a private shuttle, she chose the traditional ways of transport, blending into the crowd to become less of a target. She saw more in this part of the galaxy and the years favored her as she eventually managed to get back to her old home world. Everything there was different, painful, destroyed... It was one of the times when she had hit rock bottom, a time where she wished she had someone to talk to, someone to feel safe with. Learning the true name of her mother, she assumed it and lived further by it, her father remained a mystery.

She roamed through the systems as a smuggler of kinds, sometimes handling illegal cargo or messages, she wasn't building herself a criminal record as she used the same perfected skills for law enforcement in case things got too shady, especially around slavers. Eventually Chloe returned to Aldea, a few months ago to just settle down a little and figure out what she'd do next. She had admitted to the search of Zyrao, looking for her throughout the systems yet never really finding a good clue or link to intercept or find her. All in all, she found her in the city hours ago, stalked her and came to this final conclusion.

Reply #8
[Zyrao Natauna – Klingon Liaison | Catching Up | Tea and Cookies | My Favorite Girl]
@Nolan

Zyrao sat still, as Chloe began to regale her with the information on what she had been up to for a while.  Smuggling and finding her own way around the universe.  Figuring out where to go, how to blend in, and utilizing many of the skills that Zyrao, herself, had taught the young blonde woman over the years they spent together.  She smiled at the good of the stories and tensed at the worst.  But, honestly, she was proud of the young woman.  She hadn't let Zyrao leaving her here stop her from going forward.  She had done exactly what Zyrao had hoped that she would.  Go on, live her life, and be amazing.  She was in good health, stronger than she had been before, and more beautiful than when she left her as well.  Zyrao waited until she finished speaking but there was a warm and proud smile on Zyrao's face as she looked at her sweet girl.

“You have done amazing things.”

She admitted reaching out and putting her hand on the younger woman's shoulders and giving her a small squeeze.  Leaning down she collected her tea cup and added some more from the kettle that sat in the center of the table.  She reached over to top off Chloe's as well just incase she wished for some more.  Because, she deserved it, for sure, and tea had always been something that they had done together. 

“When I left you here, it was hard.  I went back to the ship, and worked with Drax and the others.  We took on our own ship, Drax and I.  I stood by his side for years as his strategist and pulled him away from slavery of others many times.  His father, Martok, has extended his house to my name, and allowed me to be a full Klingon for some time now.  However, I knew that this was a better life for you. Up there, we were in danger all the time.  Battles, deaths, and many buried friends.  But, I have to admit, that I thought about you frequently.”

She leaned back taking a sip of her teat.

“I am however no longer with Drax.  The ship was destroyed while I was on a base with other Klingon.  Drax went up against a ship that he could not win against.  I am with that ship now.  I have been offered a position on that ship and it is currently where I am.  But, this ship is by far more dangerous than Drax's and now I must be even more vigilant.  However, it seems the heart of the people there are good.  It is the kind of ship that I feel, can do good, in the universe.” she admitted leaving out names on purpose so that Chloe didn't try to get any bright ideas.  More so than that, she didn't want to get in trouble for letting out confidential information.

Leaning back in the couch cushions, she looked over at the young blonde.  “You mentioned finding information about your mother.  Tell me of your mother, what did you learn?” she asked curiously with her dark grey eyes studying the younger woman.

Reply #9
@BZ

When Chloe was done talking, it would seem that her mentor, Zyrao was impressed with what she had achieved. It wasn't the first time she saw Zyrao smile, though she had never seen her like this. Proud, warm... It was odd, not in a bad way though. It changed the way Chloe looked at Zyrao. The boiling anger she had charged in with subsiding finally as Zyrao spoke now of what had happened after they had parted ways. The tea for the both of them was refilled and Chloe took her cup in both hands as Zyrao spoke. She nurtured the cup and blew at the hot contents of it before sipping from it.

Chloe nodded for the most part, hearing about the Klingon traditional way of fighting and glory. It did surprise her though that Zyrao simply switched sides to the victor of a battle with Drax. She didn't quite understand it, the Klingons had given her everything and now she coerced with those who were responsible for the death of Drax? Chloe's eyes searched in Zyrao's for answers and the blonde was about to speak up before she swallowed her words. Perhaps this was Zyrao's version of leaving herself behind on a planet to find a new adventure. Though her tale seemed more dangerous, risky and ominous. It was a vague description and Chloe couldn't help but wonder why Zyrao spoke in riddles. Probably having her reasons for it, it stung slightly, did she not trust her with the truth?

The thoughts of Chloe cut short when Zyrao asked about what she had discovered about her mother. Chloe shrugged slightly "Well, I got most information on my home planet. I remember my mother vaguely from when I was still enslaved, but there were so many things I hadn't asked her at the time." she said as she took another sip from the tea before putting it back down on the table. She wiped some stray hair out of her face as she looked at Zyrao "I learned that my mother was a kind person, a waitress in one of the space docks planet side. She was free spirited and fell in love with a pilot, me being the product of their love." she smiled faintly "I don't know why, nobody could provide me with a name of the pilot, but he left before he knew my mother to be with child. I think I might look into who he was and where he came from, you know... Family, Maybe he doesn't want to be found." she shrugged as she leaned into the couch "I learned my mother's last name. Naryssa... I like it so I think I'll use it, to honor her." she concluded as she looked at Zyrao's features. Wondering what she thought of the situation "Do you think I should go look for my father?"

Reply #10
[Zyrao Natauna – Klingon Liaison | Getting New Information | Finding Out Things | Gathering Intel | Reconnecting, A Little]
@Nolan

Zyrao drank her tea and ate another one of the cookies that she had brought, she had made sure to replicate some of the ones that weren't as sweet as the ones that Chloe liked.  She had a definite sweet tooth which was fine, and many did, but Zyrao had never found herself drawn to the sweet things in life and instead preferred something more simple, rich, and sometimes almost bland.  It depended on just what her mood was that day.  Her teas never carried anything but the most natural of sugar, some leaves carried their own sweetness to them, so she never added a thing to any tea she had ever enjoyed.  Sugar ruined it and those that drank tea while iced were blasphemers.  The first time that she had seen someone ice their tea she had thought perhaps they were from a foreign planet, and she supposed, they were.  But, this Southern, North American, luxury was one that she just could not understand and refused to even call actual tea.  It was loosely brewed from leaves that were packaged in thin bags until it was strong and then instead of enjoying the strength, they watered it down added enough sugar it likely was gritty and drank it as though there was some kind of heaven in it.

Chloe pulled Zyrao out of her thoughts of horrendous crimes against tea and found that she had found someone that knew her mother.  Who was kind, worked as a waitress, and had fallen in with a pilot.  That man had fathered her and another child.  She rose her brow at the knowledge that there was a sibling in the mix somewhere, and wondered if she could help Chloe find the young man but the universe was large and there was no promise that she could offer any real assistance.

Chloe asked if she thought that it would be wise to go looking for her brother and Zyrao leaned down placing the tea cup to the side gently before giving a bit of a nod.  “I think, that in my very long life, Chloe, that finding your family and being with them if you can is the most important thing.  If I had any left, I would rend the universe to find them.  If I heard word of another of my own kind.”

She gave a sigh.

“There was one, on this ship I am transferring to for assistance.  He was only half El-Aurian and yet he was the first of my kind I had seen in so very long.  But, during a recent attack by the Borg he was assimilated or at least, the process had started, and honestly, it was too late by the time anyone could get to him.  His life was forfeit and I was never able to truly know him.  While he was not my family, in some small way, I mourn his passing knowing that I will never get the chance to reconnect with one of my own kind.  So yes, Chloe, if nothing else, family is important.”

Reply #11
  @BZ 

The El-Aurian gave the woman advise about family and how important they should be. Chloe simply looked at Zyrao as if she studied her face to see if there was anything more to it. A sigh escaped Zyrao's lips as she spoke of another El-Aurian, even though he was a hybrid it seemed like he was important to Zyrao. In the end though, it was an emphasis to how important family was and the blonde gave a nod "Okay, I think you made your point." she answered with a wry smile.

She looked down at her lap before she took her cup once more and took a sip from it "Where do I start though?" she asked softly "I mean, I've... I've not really got any leads. Besides the ship the man who apparently is my father worked on. I doubt I could get the crew manifest though..." she mused as she tried to work her way to finding out who her real father was.

Her eyes looked back up to Zyrao as she smiled faintly and placed her cup to the side "You know..." slowly the woman scooted closer "Truthfully, I see you as family... The one who saved me. You've always been the one I looked up to, the one I dream about." She kept the part where she'd have lucid dreams about her to herself. The times she'd woke up with an aching wetness between her legs as she'd dream about being intimate with Zyrao. Though she never believed the woman felt the same, she was so... strong, calculated, admirable... She'd never feel such feelings for her right?

She placed her hand to Zyrao's cheek as she expected it to be pulled down or swatted away as she slowly leaned in "I truly admire you... Respect you..." she whispered as she came closer and closer, losing herself to the eyes and looks of the woman in front of her.

Reply #12
[Zyrao Natauna – Klingon Liaison | Finding Family | Making it Count | Could This Change Things?]
@Nolan

Where did she start?  Zyrao gave out a long sigh.  “There should be some public records out there, and, I might be able to find out something, but as a civilian I won't have access to much but if I can help I will.” she said softly.  “Plus, I've been meeting people that do have access.” she admitted with a shrug of the shoulder.

She didn't tell Chloe that she had actually enjoyed the company of women recently for the first time, there was no reason to drag her into that kind of conversation right now.  Chloe was still very young and she needed time to figure out what she wanted to do and who she wanted to be.  Zyrao would always remain much older than her and while she saw Chloe as a woman she wasn't sure how to see her as anything but the young girl that had come upon her that day on the Cardassian ship.  She too, bore the tattoos of her labor and her strife.  They had shared in mutual hardships and it had bonded them greatly.  She didn't know how to feel about her suddenly coming back into her life, though, because she had missed the young girl, and honestly, truly did care for her.  As hard as it was for Zyrao to admit love, she knew that was what she felt for Chloe but it wasn't romantic in nature.

Chloe shifted to put her cup to the side, and scooted closer.  Zyrao didn't make any movements she didn't feel the need to separate herself from Chloe and trusted the girl, always had.  If she meant ill harm, she would take care of herself if that came to it, but she doubted that it would.  Chloe might have been angry, but she thought that perhaps Zyrao had explained herself well enough.  Clo mentioned that she saw the El-Aurian as family too.  The one that saved her, the one that she looked up to, the one that she reamed about.  Zyrao smiled softly, and she gave a bit of a shrug. 

“There was something about you, little doll, that called to me.  I am glad I could be there and help you find yourself.  You deserved so much better.  You have it now, freedom, and you deserve it.”  So many others deserved it to about she couldn't take everyone under her wing.  She was just glad that she had been able to reform Chloe and allow her to live a semi-normal life.

Chloe had never been very forward, she had always been pretty passive when it came to Zyrao.  Though the older woman had no doubt that Chloe was different when she wasn't in her presence she knew that when they were together there was a different side to Chloe.  Perhaps because she had seen the lower sides of the young girl and helped build her up she felt more comfortable letting her shields down.  It was hard to say, but Zyrao had always been a good listener and any time that Chloe needed to talk she had been there for her.  Anything that needed to say.  As Chloe's long gentle fingers found her cheek, Zyrao's brow rose.  She didn't take her hand or swat it away, though she was curious as to the movement because it was rather intimate suddenly and she had never expected it out of Chloe.  They had shared the same bed for years and yet had never gone beyond just holding one another, especially during the nights that were hard for either of them.

“You should admire yourself, and what you have become Chloe.  I am not a special person, I appreciate your respect, but I do not seek your admiration.” she admitted to the young one softly lifting a hand she reached up and tugged gently on a small collection of Chloe's lovely blonde hair.  “You have become what and who you are through your own hard work, not because I forced you into anything, I merely gave you the chance to be who you should be.” she smiled softly.  “you have become a very beautiful young woman, and without me, even more so.  You did not need me to guide you any longer and instead went out and found your own path.  I could not be more proud of you, my sweet little doll.”

Reply #13
@BZ 

Chloe wasn't sure about the public records thing, but it was a trail she could try and follow. However they were far from Federation space at the moment and while Zyrao mentioned that family was an important thing to strive to, Chloe just enjoyed the moment here and now with her. The fact that the other woman offered to lend a hand in the search meant a lot for her. The girl's eyes studied Zyrao as she looked at her and couldn't help but wonder what was going through her.

Zyrao's words made Chloe smile faintly as she was remembered of her past, yet the rest of Zyrao's words filled her up with a sense of fulfillment and pride. The eyes of the woman looking at the former Klingon tactician as a smile decorated her face. She was speechless and her mind had gone blank in what to reply to her much older friend. As a result she simply leaned forward and kissed her on the cheek. A token of gratitude and love before she carefully nestled herself against Zyrao, seeking the warmth and comfort like she had many years ago in her bed. She closed her eyes as she swallowed and let out a soft sigh.

"How will we be able to keep in touch?" she asked, realizing soon enough that the prior words of the woman entailed a different kind of adventure. Away from the KDF and onto a far more dangerous assignment. Her eyes opened back up and looked up at Zyrao. She waited for the answer before asking her next question "How long will you be staying planet side? I mean, if you can stay the night we could have dinner together and spend the night like we used to. Like old times sake?" she suggested as she looked hopeful up at her tattooed guardian.

Reply #14
[Zyrao Natauna – Klingon Liaison | Endearing People | Making a Family | Old Times Sake]
@Nolan

The young woman leaned forward and kissed her cheek.  The woman had grown up so very well on her own, with only a little guidance from Zyrao at the beginning.  Proving to the young woman that she could stand on her own.  Zyrao had always known that Chloe could do it, find a backbone, and find a life of her own.  It hadn't been easy at first when Chloe first came to her, but now, she was just fine and glad to have the kind of life that she did.  Zyrao knew that a lot of it was Chloe herself that had decided to get herself together and not fall apart when she had been left behind on a planet.  The tears that Chloe had shed that day still haunted Zyrao in times when she allowed herself to feel down.  But, she tried not to let it other her knowing that it had been the best she could do for the young woman.  It was important that she did the right thing.  Keeping Chloe with her would have been no different than making her a slave again.

“I am not sure, the ship I will be assigned to has a communications black out in effect.  However, while I am here, I will give you my communications number.” she explained as she leaned down and collected her padd from it's spot on her leg.  She thumbed her finger across the biometric pad and unlocked it as she looked for the communications details and showed them to Chloe so that she could put it in her own devices.  Once the numbers were inputted, Zy put her device back away and leaned back on the sofa again taking another cookie and biting into it as Chloe continued to speak.

“We are staying a while, the ship I am now working with has been in rough shape and we are here for some serious repairs.  I would estimate a month or so, so we have time to do some digging if at all possible before I leave.  As far as tonight, I would like to stay and enjoy some dinner and some sleep with you.” she chuckled warmly reaching over she ruffled Chloe's hair playfully.

Zyrao rose smoothly from the couch and she crossed over to the kitchen.  She most definitely had a full kitchen in the apartment here, even though she had a replicator when she wanted it, she tended to prefer the tactile option of actually cooking when she could.  But, she didn't have any groceries because she hadn't been here in a while.  So she turned to Chloe after checking the sad state of the kitchen and smirked.

“Care for a shopping trip?  Because unless you would like instant noodles, or canned Gagh, we need to get some fresh stuff.” she offered up with a chuckle.

Reply #15
@BZ

Zyrao allowed Chloe to jot down the communication number in order to stay in touch while she was planetside. The blonde quickly taking out her own device to insert the number into and nodding "How  we be able to stay in touch after you've gone, despite the black out?" Oh she had so many questions. It felt like she wanted to follow Zyrao, yet a ship working with a full blackout wouldn't be a safe place. Would Zyrao only worry to much about her while on it? Chloe didn't voice the question out to join her. She knew that she would have to enjoy the time she'd have with her.

The idea of having a dinner with the two of them and just sleep together was nothing more Chloe could wish for right now. She nodded enthusiastically and smirked "None of that Klingon garbage though." she warned Zyrao "I've never ever gotten used to that taste." she admitted as she laughed. The ruffling through her hair made Chloe pout for a second. She watched Zyrao stand up and move over to the kitchen before offering to go out shopping. The woman nodded and got up as well "I have an idea for a few places we can go visit for dinner." she offered.

Standing up herself she stretched herself a little before walking over to the door "You won't believe the state of the Kam'chila down by the docks. They're truly amazing! Maybe we can mix them with some Kavrus and season them with some Egroya." Chloe began to spew out ideas. The dish in mind would be entailing a fresh batch of local fish mixed with some pasta like curlies and some hot sauce that would grant them a true explosion of delights when consumed. The cooking process though would take a few hours with the two of them, though it'd be a perfect time to catch up some more and just enjoy one another's company.

The trip down to the fish market by the docks took up a good chunk of their time on their way back to got some desert along with the spices and necessities for the meal. Chloe made sure they'd only get the proper fresh ingredients for the meal. She had cooked the meal a few times herself, perfecting it as it was by far her favorite. The fish would be grilled and seasoned, the sauce made separately and spiced up to a more hot state depending on how one would enjoy it. the vegetables would be mixed together and stewed and baked to offer a various mix between soft and crunchy vegetables as the pasta would be the element to bind it all together.

Like Zyrao's tea making, Chloe seemed to be having similar tics for cooking. The woman finding peace and just serenity in it as she talked more about her adventures and travels. Unsure if she'd bring something new to light for Zyrao as the El-Aurian would probably have seen it all before. It was well dark when dinner was ready to be served and Chloe sat opposite of Zyrao when everything was placed on the dining table "I hope you'll enjoy it." she said with a hopeful tone as her eyes looked at her and waited to eat from her meal until she'd hear and see how Zyrao would find it.

Reply #16
[Zyrao Natauna-Klingon Liaison | Staying Connected | Cooking Together | Like Old Times]
@Nolan

“I am uncertain.” she admitted to the younger woman.  As with the Theurgy being what it was, there was no telling how she would be able to stay in contact with Chloe despite her desire to.  Perhaps she could route some messages to her through some of the Klingon ships, no one would know her, she wasn't affiliated with the Theurgy or the Fleet in any way so she doubted it would be some sort of issue regarding coordinates.  But, she would have to be careful, because if Chloe got smart enough to want to find her she could use the coordinates to locate the path the ship had taken and knowing the Theurgy they would most likely be hopping all over the galaxy.  Not to mention, she wasn't even sure they would stay in communications range.

Chloe said they couldn't eat the Klingon food and Zyrao found herself with a chuckle and a shrug.  “You'll be amazed at what you can get used to.” she gave a smirk, brushing her hand through her short hair that had not changed in style in a very long time. Zyrao found it comfortable for her and she actually quite enjoyed it.  There was no reason to change something that was good and worked well.  Chloe mentioned knowing some places they could get some food and Zyrao gave a nod.

“Lets go.”

Zyrao didn't need to gather anything because she was always armed, and her entire body was basically a tool that could beat and take someone out should the need arise.  Though she doubted that it would, she had no issues, with anyone. 

Outside the world was swinging towards sunset, and it created a lovely scene as the two women walked through the streets.  She let Chloe take the lead since she knew the spots she wanted to hit and Zyrao had not been home in a very long time.  Some of her favorite places were still here, but many weren't as was the way time changed things.  So she leisurely walked and listen to Chloe talking about the places that she wanted to go, and the food she wanted to buy.  Zyrao was fine with all those things and since she had been on a ship for a very long time she had plenty of money and then the Theurgy had given her some more to spend on the planet as well.  They bought their supplies, a little bit of extra this and that to get through her short stay here on Aldea.  They made it back to the apartment and Chloe began to take the lead.

Zyrao was happy to let her do her thing since it had been a while the two women were together and she could tell that this cooking thing meant a lot to Chloe.  Zyrao was used to eating whatever she could get her hands on, she had very little worry about what it was.  If it offered sustenance she would consume it.  Of course, there were times that she found herself rather enjoying the art of making her own food, and she seemed to enjoy giving Zyrao something.  Which was fine.  So Zyrao worked herself with whatever Chloe needed.  Chopping, or cutting, or getting the water to quick boil whatever it was.  They talked as they worked and she learned a bit of the life that Chloe had been leading while she was gone and to say she was proud was an understatement.

They finally sat down to dinner, and Zyrao looked at the spiral pasta on her plate amid the sauce and fish that Chloe had cooked.  It smelled like heaven and looked even better.  Zyrao found her stomach grumbling hungrily as she picked up her fork and began to eat.  Letting actual flavors, of actual food, slide over her tongue.  She hardly even needed to chew it was so soft and good and full of flavor.  She gave a smile over to Chloe and gave a bit of a wink.  “Are you sure you don't wish to travel with me?” she teased as she went back for another bite.

“So tell me one of your adventures.  I am curious to hear how you have done without me.  I know, it wasn't easy, but I still believe it was the right thing for you, my dear.”

Reply #17
@BZ

The trip around town had been great, the two women sharing thoughts, memories and stories while all the ingredients were being purchased. It was a bit of a surprise to see how much money Zyrao still had after all this while and it allowed for Chloe to buy the best quality ingredients for the meal she wanted to make. Which of course in her book was perfect!

Zyrao was helping with the preparation of the meal and when it was done, Chloe was curious to how she'd enjoy this in comparison to the Klingon junk she had to eat for years now. As Zy teased her if she couldn't travel along with her, Chloe laughed a little "Stop teasing me. I'd happily join you as your cook though, if it means spending more time with you." she answered. It wasn't like she'd follow her around and stick to her as a second shadow as she probably would've done right after she had been rescued by Zyrao, no she'd be more independent though and find her own way. The only plus side being that she'd be around Zyrao more often was a plus.

Zyrao asked for more of Chloe's adventures and the woman laughed as she thought about it "I've nearly told you everything." she admitted as she was eating at her own leisurely pace. She gave it some thought as she chewed and swallowed the fish through "I've been meaning to try and travel to Terra next, before you got back. I'm curious how the world there would be. Maybe find more info about my father." she informed Zyrao. Her eyes glancing over to her idol "What do you think? Should I try to go there or should I do some more sightseeing first around the galaxy, any places you'd recommend for that matter?" she asked teasingly as she knew the El-Aurian had quite the life by now. Having seen various locations and places. There was only so much the human could do before her age caught up with her and her time in this universe would come to an end.

"Or do you reckon that I should settle down? Find someone to spend my life with and start a family on my own? I've seen happy couples on my travels, families. Plus you said it yourself, family is everything." she inquired curiously as she paused "Would you consider settling down at some point?" she asked the woman in front of her carefully, considering her current life events, she didn't think she would, though Zyrao could be surprising at some times.

Reply #18
[Zyrao Natauna | Cooking with Chloe | Sharing a Meal | Finding Time to Connect | Family]
@Nolan

They were sitting now and enjoying their meal.  She ate and enjoyed the flavors as they slid across her tongue.  While she listened to Chloe speak about her life having told her mostly everything that had happened before and that there wasn't much to add to it.  Just that she was thinking about going to Terra to see if she could find out more about her father.  What did she think about that.  Zyrao leaned back a moment sipping at her drink a moment as she was asked her opinion.

“I think if it is something that is concerning to you, something that will continue to bother you then you should seek answers before you try to settle down and create a family for yourself.  You are correct, a family is important.  But, something like this, a nagging disease of questions unanswered, will continue to fester in you until you resent your family for keeping you there while you need these answers.” she explained to the young girl.  “I have lived with some regrets in my life, and, so I can only speak from my experience.”

Chloe then asked if she thought about settling down at some point.  Zyrao brushed a hand through her hair and thought about the answer to the question for a long moment.  “Honestly, there are times, yes.  But, I have yet to find the person that makes me desire it.  One day, this might happen for me, or it may be that I am destined to remain alone.  Perhaps it is better, I am not known for being careful when I am at work.”

She gave a simple shrug.  They finished eating and cleaned up the dishes together.  Laughing and talking and just enjoying one another.  Each took a shower, and then Zyrao crawled up into the bed laying down and waiting for Chloe to join her.  Pulling the covers back once the blonde had finished cleaning up and was ready for bed.  As Zyrao lay down, Chloe scooted over and snuggled against her much as she had the first days when they had met.  Zyrao let out a soft chuckle and pulled her sweet Chloe close as she had.  Brushing her fingers through the blonde woman's hair.

“Do not rush to settle, you will settle when ready.  Get the answers to your questions first.  Don't let them eat at you.  Not knowing about your past, the people in your life, takes a toll.” she whispered to her softly and waited until the young one fell asleep.  Then she too, slid to sleep holding Chloe one last time.

-Fin-

Simple Audio Video Embedder