Skip to main content
Topic: Day 07 [15479] Alive (Read 1826 times) previous topic - next topic

Day 07 [15479] Alive

[ Lieutenant Talera Emlott | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | USS Theurgy ] @Auctor Lucan

Talera knew it well - that moment between being not awake and not truly asleep, where the images that filled her mind were neither thought nor dream.

Her mind sought refuge in what it knew best, where it felt safe and happy, and where the situation was one she had control over.

"Talera.", reminded Arla's voice, and there were equal amounts of concern and affection to it. "You will be late. We're waiting."

Days later, when the initial shock of the experience would have worn off, Talera would ask herself why her mind had chosen Andak, and Cardassia as a whole, as her happy place. Starfleet had been rendering aid to a people who had, only weeks ago, been their enemy, and who didn't quite understand how their rich culture and history had burned to ash with the libraries and museums and suffocated beneath the rubble with those who had hidden from the Jem'Hadar.

Perhaps she would conclude that It hadn't been ideal, but that part of her had finally belonged - or perhaps she would decide to seek a counsellor. Figuring out her emotions had never been her strong suit.

Right now, however, she found deep satisfaction in the idea of getting up, thanking her father for waking her, and, under his scolding gaze, grabbing a piece of fruit from the breakfast table before she made her way to the hospital she was working in.

But consciousness slowly crept up, and the woman's senses gradually began to provide new input. Arla's voice warped into that of someone else, someone she did not remember, and the warming sunlight turned harsh and cold.

Talera opened her eyes and knew right away where she was. Theurgy. Sickbay. Alive.

Conflicting thoughts and emotions crashed, collided, dissipated, and left her with a sense of emptiness as her eyes settled on the individual closest to her.

Re: Day 07 [15479] Alive

Reply #1
[ Vigenary Model I-9 Surgical Android | Corridor | Main Sickbay | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @EnigmaTales 
[Show/Hide]
While the patient had come awake and started moving, V-Nine had been just outside the Recovery Ward. She was taken by surprise when a notification was activated in her runtime, a pre-set alert that told her that one of her patients had come to. Her subroutines were linked to the biobed, and the readings prompted V-Nine to abandon her current tasks by the duty station and to check on the patient. She spun around, and the singular lens on her cranial unit retracting in surprise, but she immediately headed towards the ward.

When she passed through the sliding doors, she spotted the organic on top of the biobed. It didn't have it's holo-screen raised around it - which would lending an individual patient a modicum of privacy from patients that didn't have their own screens activated. Later, if the patient chose to activate it, the photonic screen would ward from noise to a preferable degree, looking like translucent walls for the patient, but completely white to the onlookers if the patient choose to ward off themselves entirely. The biobeds would alert the medical staff about the well-being of the patient regardless their preferences for privacy, and those treated in the Recovery Ward were healthy enough to be released soon anyway - their health all but certain at that late state of their treatment.

That, however, had yet to be ascertained in regard to the former Asst. Chief Medical Officer of the Theurgy, whom had been hurt whilst the ship fled Earth. Aware of this, V-Nine approached the blanket-covered patient. "Lieutenant Emlott?" she said, wanting to gain the woman's attention while she approached. "Please, take it easy. I am a Vigenary Model I-9 Surgical Android, but my name is just V-Nine. Actually, you can just call me Vi. Your anaesthetics have worn off, and you have undergone extensive surgery. You shouldn't be moving just yet."

While she had been speaking, V-Nine had slowly been approaching with her metallic hands raised in a cautionary gesture. "You must let your body mend and rest, otherwise you may tear the tissues that I have mended." She tilted her cranial unit and zoomed in on the Doctor's features. Not about to rely on an ocular examination, she raised her right hand, and her thumb and index finger unfolded to reveal a teal and yellow light. "This is just a medical tricorder, and I want to locally check your readings along your torso, is that all right?"

The biobed, while fine in regard to gathering overall readings, were not as reliable to V-Nine as the instruments native to her own mobile platform. Savi technology was not just different from the Federation's, but in her own regard, more fine-tuned. Then again, that might just be a result of the medical scanner literally being a part of her, whereas the biobed wasn't.

Reply #2
[ Lieutenant Talera Emlott | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | USS Theurgy ] @Auctor Lucan

Conflicting thoughts and emotions crashed, collided, dissipated, and left Talera with a sense of emptiness as her eyes settled on the individual closest to her, even if one could argue about whether or not referring to V-Nine as an ‘individual’ was justified.

Whatever the Cardassian-Bajoran hybrid had expected, it certainly wasn’t a medical android. Or perhaps it was more accurate to say that she hadn’t expected something with the *appearance* of an artificial lifeform, which, with its white ceramic plating and singular cranial sense was nothing short of terrifying at this very moment.

"Lieutenant Emlott? Please, take it easy. I am a Vigenary Model I-9 Surgical Android, but my name is just V-Nine. Actually, you can just call me Vi. Your anaesthetics have worn off, and you have undergone extensive surgery. You shouldn't be moving just yet.”, the android said calmly while raising her hands in a cautionary gesture.

"You must let your body mend and rest, otherwise you may tear the tissues that I have mended." V-nine continued as she raised her right hand, and her thumb and index finger unfolded to reveal a teal and yellow light. "This is just a medical tricorder, and I want to locally check your readings along your torso, is that all right?

Talera opened her mouth and took a deep breath, the first one in months and her muscles ached under the strain. Something felt different, as if breathing suddenly took a conscious effort.

“It doesn’t exactly feel like I have a choice.”, Talera replied in the time-honoured form of communication between doctors - snark - while doing her best to remain calm. A lifetime of hiding and disregarding her thoughts and emotions allowed her face to fall into a practised neutral expression, but the medical tricorder would easily pick up on her increased heart rate as the woman tried to sort through her feelings.

“What procedure did you perform?”, she asked eventually, turning her head to see if she could spy the interface of the biobed before remembering that those weren’t designed for patients to view their own files, but for medical personnel to attain information quickly.

Odd. She had never been a patient before.

Now that she thought about it, she hadn’t expected to wake up as one either. She hadn’t expected to wake up at all.

While her memory was still somewhat vague, she remembered hearing the straining of metal and feeling the weight of… something… on her chest. Pressure, then a crack, and then then the worried face of an Ensign hovering above hers.

“Can I access my medical file?”

Reply #3
[ Vigenary Model I-9 Surgical Android | Corridor | Main Sickbay | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @EnigmaTales 
[Show/Hide]
While preforming her diagnostic, V-Nine’s runtime had plenty enough bandwidth to answer the patient’s query.

“Yes, your medical authorisation remains in Thea’s systems and you will be able to access your medical journal and familiarise yourself with the details of the procedures I had to preform to restore you to health,” she said, relieved that the organic wasn’t proving herself too difficult to converse with even though she might be in a bit of shock after regaining consciousness. The elevated heart rate was quite expected, since V-Nine knew she wasn’t a familiar... ‘face’ in sickbay either. “You were preforming rescue efforts in a cargo bay when the Theurgy fled Earth, and your triage team from sickbay was compromised by resumed torpedo fire. Thea was passing Jupiter Station, dropping out of warp with the hopes of alerting the Commanding Officer of the starbase that Starfleet Command had been compromised. Unfortunately, Starfleet Command had already reached out to Jupiter Station, and they acted on their orders by refusing communication attempts and opening fire against our ship.”

V-Nine had resuscitated a couple of officers that had been put into stasis at the same time as Lieutenant Emlott, so she had some experience with the type of questions that this patient might have. So, preemptively, she explained a couple of things. “You see, Command cited Thea - being an AI - as being too dangerous to allow for a subspace frequency. The standing order from Starfleet Command is that allowing a subspace communication with our ship is inviting the guarantee that Thea would be able to spread and overtake starships and starbases she connect to. This is the manner in which Command has kept the fleet from learning the truth... but I digress. You will be able to read up on the current state of our mission in your own good time. For now, let’s focus on you, yes?”

Having her thumb and index finger revert to standard operating mode, she wirelessly uploaded the new diagnostics - along with the patient’s medical journal - to a PADD. She retrieved it from beside the biobed and handed it over to the Doctor. “When the torpedoes hit, you suffered thoracic trauma by falling cargo containers. As you can see, the damages were nigh fatal. Your spinal cord was compromised in three places, your thoracic cage was unsalvageable, and both your lungs had collapsed. I was able to mend all the other organs and tissues in the list you see, but I had to replace your spine, lungs and ribcage with cybernetic implants.”

V-Nine knew that what she was about to say next would likely be difficult for the organic, but the truth was right there in the stardate tags, so she addressed it as compassionately as she could. “See, when you were hurt, there was no time or resources available to save your life, so you were put into cryogenic stasis in order to preserve you for later surgery. The extensive nature of your injuries were of the kind that Doctor Nicander and the rest of the medical team couldn’t treat you without too high of a risk to your life. When thawed, you wouldn’t be able to breathe, and the internal bleeding was too severe to sustain you on life support. There hadn’t been enough oxygen in your remaining blood to keep you alive for those crucial transitionary minutes, even if a surgical team bypassed your lungs artificially. Your brain may have been compromised without oxygen for those minutes. So, you were kept in stasis until a point where the Theurgy would have access to a fully equipped starbase infirmary.”

Pausing, V-Nine reached out and gently placed a metallic hand on the organic’s shoulder, her vocal output lowering in empathy towards the woman when confirming what she was seeing on the PADD. Her empathy, however much someone unfamiliar with V-Nine might think it artificial, was genuine. With her Synthesis Code upgrade, her program could grasp the implication for an organic. “Six months have passed, and the Theurgy has been unable to gain access to such facilities. Instead... I was able to treat you with considerable less risk to your life, simply because my medical programming is different than that of the Federation’s. A lot has happened since you were hurt... and while the Theurgy has yet to settle the threat posed by Starfleet Command, we have gained allies along the voyage. My creators, the Savi, being one of them.”

Estimating that she had said enough, letting the patient wrap her head around it all, V-Nine then fell silent.

Reply #4

Nightmares were something Talera didn’t feel particularly bothered by, despite being affected by them rather frequently. It had been attributed to a difficult upbringing and, of course, the things she had seen on Cardassia Prime after the destruction the Dominion had brought over the Cardassian people. Pulling tiny bodies out from underneath the rubble never got easier, no matter of how often you witnessed it.

With the help of, well, medical professionals, Talera had learned to look for cues that identified that she was dreaming, and she had attained sufficient mastery of her emotions to distance herself from whatever occurred in those visions, knowing she would wake up.

She was, rather desperately, looking for those cues now.

But what V-Nine reported held all the makings of a nightmare scenario, but none of the fantastical inconsistencies. Talera remembered having been sent to one of the cargo bays, where containers had come loose and injured several crewmen. Her team had been told to wait, but Talera had been too eager to provide assistance to the people who needed it, and too sure that reaching Jupiter Station would result in immediate aid. Then, the torpedo fire had resumed, containers had started to shift and move, and then-… nothing.

She reached for the PADD that was handed to her, reading through her medical file while V-Nine detailed the injuries she had sustained. The damage had been extensive, and Talera once more found herself surprised that she was, in fact, still alive. The cybernetic implants explained the heaviness in her chest. Or perhaps she was just imagining that breathing seemed different.

Either way, it was something she could cope with. That was, until V-Nine explained that six months had passed, and to top that, they weren’t back home. The threat wasn’t settled, and the Theurgy hadn’t been able to clear her name. Talera’s father probably believed she was either dead or a traitor, which was rich coming from someone like him, but hurt nonetheless.

How did one react to such news? Surely it would be quite normal to have a moderate to severe panic attack, or to refuse to believe that the android spoke the truth. That, however, would require Talera to deal with her emotions, something the Cardassian-Bajoran hybrid had never been particularly good at.

“Well that is…”, she started, unsure where the sentence was going. “… not optimal.”

She placed the PADD down next to her, once more regarding V-Nine, this time with less apprehension and more curiosity. “And you are a…. Sorry, what exactly is it you are? Because you are saying you’re not Federation, have advanced enough medical programming to have healed my injuries, and that the… Savi… created you.”

Talera kept her voice as steady as it was possible, even if speaking for longer stretches of time did once more give her the impression that there was a tangible difference in the way her lungs worked now. With her emotions put aside for now, she was, predominantly, one thing. Confused.

“And…”, she continued “You are saying it as if it is supposed to make sense to me, but it really does not.”

Reply #5
[Show/Hide]
When queried about her nature and origin, V-Nine could just have referred the Doctor to the pending reports that she would have to read in order to familiarise herself with the current state of the mission, but since the organic had got the erroneous impression that V-Nine had expected her to be familiar with her creators, she giggled and reassured her that there was no cause for alarm.

“Oh, my apologies, no, you would not have any idea who or what I am, much less who the Savi are, so you are not suffering from any amnesia as a symptom of your injuries.” She picked up the PADD that the patient had put aside and wirelessly began to upload notations to the journal about the time where she had regained consciousness and the observations she made about the patient’s condition. While she did so, V-Nine gave her a brief explanation, her lens remaining on the woman’s face.

“The Theurgy encountered my creators while you were in stasis, and the Federation as a whole had no foreknowledge about them prior to the encounter. They are a very clandestine species, the Savi, devoted to science, and they are very technologically advanced. The Savi have no home planet any more, conducting their studies from their flotilla, and at the moment, they are in civil war amongst each other. The rebels, led by the Voice - Echtand qi Versant - are allies of the Theurgy, but one of the conditions of the alliance is that the presence and aid of the Savi can’t be disclosed. The details about all of this will be made readily available to you, along with the mission status and logs of the past six months.”

Realising that she had just been speaking about her creators, V-Nine began to speak of herself next. “Me, oh, I am surgical android, and while my original personality program and subroutines were quite advanced... your Ship A.I, - Thea - gave me somewhat of an upgrade when we met.” Bashfully she wrung her metallic hands for a moment before continuing,  “I am... still adjusting to the possibilities of the coding I received, but so far, I am appreciating the manner in which my runtime has changed.”

While she spoke, she had raised the holo-screen around the biobed in order to grant the patient some privacy from the rest of the Recovery Ward. Since she was just wearing a blanket post-surgery, V-Nine crouched down and opened a small compartment next to the biobed and withdrew a hospital gown. “Here, if you are cold. I will replicate you a uniform so that it’s available once you’re cleared to recover in your quarters instead. I have already messaged the Operations Department and the Quartermaster to ensure that your personal belongings are recovered from storage and brought to your quarters. I am currently unaware whether or not you may have your old quarters again, but you will be notified. Do you have any questions?”

Reply #6
One of the many unhealthy habits the Cardassian-Bajoran hybrid had developed over the past three decades was her unwillingness to deal with difficult emotions. It was a skill that came in handy when confronted with a medical emergency or any other situation in which keeping a cool head was key, but wasn’t a healthy coping mechanism when it came to experiencing cognitive dissonance and any kind of psychological trauma.

Waking up after six months was a challenge in itself. Waking up only to be overwhelmed by a mere fraction of what had occurred in the past half-year was … something Talera didn’t want to deal with.

For a moment, the woman considered asking *hadn’t* survived the continued attack and whatever else they had been facing while she was in stasis. Then she had wondered if it was easier to ask who had *survived*. Then she had decided that she didn’t want to know. Not now.

Instead, Talera had inquired about V-Nine.

While the surgical android offered a broad overview of herself and her creators, he raised the holo-screen around the biobed, and by doing so proved to have an excellent bedside manner - something Talera herself wasn’t particularly good at.

“Thank you”, she smiled and reached for the offered hospital gown. “I guess I could say I got quite lucky. I don’t remember much, but I doubt that’s a medical issue - it was all going… fast. There was barely any time to comprehend what was happening.”

The one thing she did remember was that she had been making a mistake. The medical staff was trained to evaluate a situation and adhere to the principle of *safety first*. Talera had ignored that and run into a cargo bay. Curiously, she asked: “So who is going to clear me?”

Now dressed, she felt a little less vulnerable, but couldn’t wait to get into a uniform and start doing something that didn’t include feeling feelings.

“I am a doctor. I could clear myself… right?… Well, probably not. But it was worth a try. I just would very much prefer to be useful.”, she explained, but had to admit that being in stasis for six months didn’t exactly feel like having *rested* for that amount of time.

Reply #7
[Show/Hide]
When the former Asst. Chief Medical Officer suggested that she would clear herself for duty in jest, V-Nine was surprised by the manner in which her own emotional upgrades made her laugh spontaneously, even shaking her cranial unit at the humour of the Theurgy officer of old.

"That would have been utterly convenient, wouldn't it?" she said and waggled a metallic finger at the woman. "Now now, please don't contribute to the old adage that Doctors make the worst of patients and lay down again. See, you have undergone extensive surgery and if Doctor Amelya Rez indeed clears you to leave this Recovery Ward, it would be highly likely you will be ordered a couple of days of rest before resuming light administrative duties."

"Indeed," a voice said through the raised holo-screen, and as if her name had summoned her, Doctor Rez stepped through the photonic curtain. The blonde woman was smiling and inclined her head at V-Nine whom returned the same gesture with her cranial unit and handed over the PADD that she had uploaded the latest notations to the patient's medical journal. The Trill Doctor then turned her attention to Lieutenant Emlott. "Doctor Rez, Asst. Chief Medical Officer. A pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Rez then turned her attention to the journal in her hand. "Well, considering the amount of work V-Nine has done to get you back on your feet, it would be a shame if you would tear any seams because you pushed yourself too hard. Sickbay would need you back at one hundred percent, and with all these cybernetic parts, I am not prepared to cut any corners. While you may leave sickbay at 1900 hrs. after some further observations, you will be off duty for two days. I need you to come in here for daily check-ups, and after that Doctor Kobol  can discuss your continued duties here in sickbay."

While smiling, it was clear that Rez wasn't leaving any room for debate in the matter. She did, however, belatedly realise that the name she just mentioned may not mean anything to Doctor Emlott. "Lieutenant Elro Kobol  is the Chief Medical Officer. He has been briefed about your surgery, and he'll contact you in due time. I realise that all of this must be... disconcerting for you, given how much time has passed, and I think the best way you can 'make yourself useful' right now is to start reading up on the current state of the mission, and what has happened while you were in stasis. It might make for tough reading, so I am also informing Counselling to evaluate you for resumed duties."

V-Nine knew what Rez might be implying, and decided to lend a helpful word to explain. "The... past six months have been difficult for the crew. A lot of the people you may have known have been lost," she said, wringing her metallic hands, "and almost half of the current crew have transferred here from elsewhere. Other ships that didn't survive the fighting, or star bases destroyed or visited. Given that you may have lost friends and officers you knew, an evaluation is highly advised."

Reply #8
[ Lieutenant Talera Emlott | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Auctor Lucan

Talera didn’t remember Doctor Rez at all, and she would have to consult Theurgy’s database and reports in order to figure out if she was supposed to remember the blonde Trill.
The manner the woman greeted V-Nine, who despite being very charming was a machine, was unexpected but not unwelcome.

A lot less welcome was the doctors’ orders to remain in sickbay for a little while longer, and then to remain off duty for several days. While Talera understood that this was reasonable, she still wasn’t happy about it - even less so about the idea of needing a psych-eval to clear her.

“I doubt that will be necessary. I was in stasis, my trauma is of a medical nature, not a mental one.”, she sighed, trying to argue her point despite being well aware that she likely wasn’t the first person to have been thawed months after being put into stasis.

What she elected not to think about was what might have happened within those months she had missed. There was a certain reluctance to view the crew manifest and search for the names of friends and colleagues she remembered.

Once more, V-Nine seemed to display a fascinating aptitude in saying the right thing at the right time, explaining that Theurgy had changed - many hadn’t survived the fighting, and new faces had joined from other ships.

“I suppose I can’t argue against that.”, she sighed and inclined her head, as much as that was possible from her current position.

She once more turned her attention to Doctor Rez. While Talera struggled to identify V-Nine as an individual - something that would surely settle upon further interaction - the Doctor was someone who would be one of her colleagues, and with whom she was looking forward to working with.

“I am looking forward to being back on duty. If we have met before and I don’t remember, I apologise. I wasn’t on board for long, and I am awful with names and faces. I seem to remember referring to people by their hair colour and species.”, she explained, and offered a careful smile to Trill, blonde.

Reply #9
[Show/Hide]
V-Nine was pleased that Doctor Emlott acquiesced to the post-surgery treatment plan and saw her reasoning for an evaluation once she'd partaken in the mission reports and learned what had befallen the ship over the course of the past six months. She inclined her cranial unit in acknowledgement and surprised herself by emitting a content, if quiet, giggle. Embarrassed about what her upgrades had made her do, she busied herself with the biobed settings and calibrated them in accordance with the patient's wakeful state and the successful surgery. Meanwhile, the blonde Trill folded her arms around the PADD and chuckled in an almost embarrassed way, the reason becoming clear when she answered the patient.

"Well," she began, and rubbed her temple a little, "I used to be Amelya Duv, and I came aboard from the USS Harbinger a few months ago, having served as the Chief Medical Officer aboard before her destruction. However, the Rez symbiont's former host - Edena Rez - served aboard this ship before you were hurt and put into stasis. Yet not under that name..."

Rez cleared her throat, and brushed some hair away from her brown eyes. "Edena Rez served in Starfleet Intelligence, and she was working undercover aboard this ship as Junior Lieutenant Azani Mikahl, Assistant Chief Counsellor. My joining to the symbiont is flawed, and the memories are spotty, but I do remember conversing with you about trivial matters, but we weren't closely acquainted."

V-Nine turned her lens towards the woman who spoke, zooming in on her. It was quite a story. Working undercover, as a counsellor? What about the crew confiding in her under such...

"After Theurgy made it's escape," Doctor Rez continued to say before V-Nine had finished analysing the circumstances, "Edena saw no choice but to come clean with the Captain Ives and the Senior Staff. She didn't know if Starfleet intelligence had been compromised by the Infested as well, leaving the Theurgy as the only ones who could be trusted. Ironically, she was found to be the untrustworthy one, and was locked in the brig until it could be decided what to do with her. Ives freed her eventually, and after some twists and turns, Edena Rez was field-promoted to the rank of Commander - in accordance with the rank of another former host - and made the ship's First Officer. She succeeded Commander Nerina, whom was KIA."

Indeed, quite a story, a digital thought came to V-Nine, standing stock still by the biobed.

"I look forward to serving with you... again, Doctor Emlott, and I hope you will have a swift recovery." Rez cleared her throat again, likely in hope that Emlott would be understanding about the odd circumstances between the two of them now that they were likely to serve under Doctor Kobol together. "Do you have any immediate questions, or shall I leave you to your reading? V-Nine can give you the first batch of mission reports, unless you prefer to rest some more in ignorant bliss."

Reply #10
[ Lieutenant Talera Emlott | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Auctor Lucan

The story Doctor Rez had told Talera began reasonably, but at the end of the tale, the Bajoran-Cardassian hybrid was no longer certain that she hadn't sustained any brain damage while in stasis. As a child, Talera had often made up widely fantastical stories, and the woman's report sounded just like one of them. The part of the story Talera took most offence to was the idea of a Counsellor working as an undercover Intel Officer. After all, trusting a Counsellor was difficult for many of the crewmen and officers she knew, not least of all for herself. The idea of that trust being betrayed did not sit right with her, and she made a mental note to be cautious of what she told the Doctor.

That was her Cardassian paranoia shining through.

"No more questions, thank you.", Talera answered with a somewhat distanced but polite tone of voice, following up with a smile as she reminded herself that Rez would be a pretty awful spy if she disclosed her history within minutes of meeting her. Or maybe that was her tactic? No, probably not.

The idea of talking more to V-Nine, however, seemed preferable to being alone. Despite, of course, not remembering her time in stasis, Talera felt like she had been alone for far too long. She had questions, even if those questions wouldn't formulate into actual syntax. "I would however not mind the first batch of mission reports.", she noted, placing the PADD to the side. What she really wanted to do was to look at the current crew manifest and find out who had survived the ordeal of the past six months, but something told her that she wasn't ready for that just yet.

Reply #11
[Show/Hide]
When the request for the mission logs came, Rez nodded. "Of course, they will be made available to you. There is a lot, so I would suggest you take your time and not try to shoot through all of it in one sitting. The most important thing is that you take your time and recover properly. If you have no further questions at the moment, I look forward to working with you in the future. Good day for now, Doctor Emlott."

With that said, as the Trill stepped away, V-Nine observed with her lens - as well as her wireless connection to the medical database - how Rez approved Emlott's medical release on her PADD so that she might recover in her quarters after 1900 hrs. V-Nine turned towards the remaining Doctor, and ran her lens up and down her patient. She deactivated the holo-screen. "You must like to have that uniform by now, don't you?" she said knowingly and cocked a hip, tilting her cranial unit in an inquiring way. "Let me replicate one and get back to you in just a bit. I have your measurements in your journal, so it will fit perfectly. Sit down, relax. Here..."

Picking up the closest PADD, she accessed it with her subroutines and uploaded the synopsis of mission logs from Thea's database. Once she had accessed the overview of the voyage since Talera was hurt, she handed the PADD over to her. "I'll be back in just a bit."

Leaving Emlott there, V-Nine tried out a couple of dancing steps with her platform while making her way over to the replicator - having observed the motions a couple of organics had made in Below Decks a couple of nights ago when getting drinks from the bar. She found the movements not too difficult to mimic, being quite pleased with how she managed to replicate the motions even if her platform was rather top-heavy. She let her patient read into the PADD while accessing the replicator, not having to use an audio input to get what she wanted. She had used to do it the same way the organics did it, but since the replicator wasn't encrypted, it was easier to just transfer a digital request to the program.

After retrieving the neatly folded Starfleet-issue underwear and uniform bundle, rank pips and all accounted for, V-Nine made a couple of dance-steps back to Emlott and laid the bundle on top of the biobed. She then recalled a holo-vid she'd enjoyed with one of the nurses, and clapped her metallic hands together twice. Doing so, she re-activated the holo-screen. Of course the clapping wasn't required for her to energise the screen, but it was a fun little social convention she had observed in the vid.

"Pretty heavy reading, huh?" she asked, zooming in on Talera's face in anticipation of a reply. "Want to get dressed first?"

- FIN

Simple Audio Video Embedder