Skip to main content
Topic: Day 03 [1930 hrs.] I Wanna Rock-n-Roll All Nite... (Read 6125 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Day 03 [1930 hrs.] I Wanna Rock-n-Roll All Nite...

Reply #50
[ Lt. Rhys Williams | Holodeck 02 | Deck 08 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] | Holodeck 02 | Deck 08 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] attn: @RyeTanker @Scavenger01 @P.C. Haring

It was at times like this that Rhys was reminded what being around Zark could be like. It was rather like having a hose pipe ejecting a stream of words into your face. She sometimes tended to talk at rather than with people. She even spoke French at him which was not going to help him much.

However, there was a kindness in there among the bluster and at times like this it came out. He was more than happy for her to dominate the conversation. The more she said, the less he had to say.   He could relax a little. He blushed a little as she linked arms with him. It could be nice to be close to her.

Once Asra had asked if Zark was a counsellor to, this caused a raise of his eyebrow and a slight curling of his lips in amusement at the idea. He couldn’t imagine anyone less suited to the role or who would be more reluctant to do it. Zark seemed to find it much more hilarious and was beside herself with laughter which caused her to unlink her arm from his. This brought a smile to his face and shake of his head. “Having you as a counsellor would be…. Interesting.” He said with genuine amusement.

Suddenly just as quickly as the mirth had vanished. In an instant her demeanour radically changed. She began probing Asra with very hard sounding questions. Rhys raised his hands in a placating manner. “I am sure that’s all already been looked into.” It was clear that Asra was understandably a little discomforted by Zark’s change.

Rhys decided he would engage with Asra’s questions to diffuse the awkwardness as best he could. “Ha… I am not sure. It feels like years, but it’s no where near that long. So much has happened to us in such a short period.” He sipped his gin, and found his fingers drumming on the side of the glass nervously.

Reply #51
[ JOINT POST - Lt. JG Kate Foster, PO1 Scruffy LeBlanc, & Lt. JG Tessa May Lance, callsign "Goldeneye" | Holodeck 02 | Deck 08 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @P.C. Haring @Tae @Ellen Fitz @Stegro88 @RyeTanker @Juzzie @Scavenger01 @Brutus @Pierce  @Griffinsummoner

On stage, the holographic representation of Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler was wailing into the microphone with his every being, the unmistakable chords of ‘sweet emotion’ sounding behind him as the virtual crowd cheered and danced in accordance. It was every bit the Rock-n-Roll concert one might’ve encountered in the heyday of Earth’s 1980s, and it was exactly what had been dreamt up by Theurgy’s latest addition to the Lone Wolves, and it’s Chief Surgical Officer. A genuinely good time for the beleaguered and battered crew that had just survived an arduous journey, but which had many more ahead of them. Yet it was often the small things in life which you had to learn to appreciate and enjoy whenever they popped up, especially when times were difficult. And as far as anyone would have, or should have been concerned, enjoyment of any kind was a prerequisite for this event and evening.

With a shrug, Kate didn’t know what to make of it all, but with her friends in close proximity once more, and the momentary comfort of the man she’d clung unto for support having quelled the nerves stirred up by mention of Stellan, she sought to try and resume enjoying the event as it was transpiring. “I don’t know... I guess we just keep an eye out, and be ready to break them up if fists start flying?” Her gaze looking back up to Scruffy, she let herself pull away from him so that they might have a bit more space to enjoy. “As for us...” she spun round on heel, retrieving three more filled shot glasses which she began handing off to Tessa and Scruffy. “...I say we hit the floor, maybe do a little dancing.” Downing the shot, she stepped closer to Tessa, a teasing finger finding the exposed patch of soft skin between her ample cleavage for a short moment, a longingly playful glance cast back at Scruffy as she began to sway her hips from side-to-side in a sultry manner, coaxing Tessa’s body into similarly moving with deliberate motion, an arm slipping behind the other blonde’s slender waist, while the free waved for Scruffy to join them.
-
Scruffy felt Kate pull away from him after locking eyes and smiled back at her as she turned to face both him and Tessa.  He accepted the next shot from Kate with a bit of surprise, but quickly swallowed it as he watched Kate brazenly tease Tessa, beginning to let the music fill them as Kate dragged them toward the dance floor.  “If that means I get to spend more of this night with two lovely ladies, by all means.”
-
Tessa turned back towards Kate and Scruffy. "Well. That was interesting." She remarked about the Pierce's. She heard some of her favorite oldies of classic rock playing in the background and motioned for them to head over to the dance floor. The energy in the room kept her upbeat even more than usual. But then again, it could be the synthehol speaking to her. The vibes of the situation pushed her to continue rocking her hips as she pulled Kate and Scruffy closer. Kate who unexpectedly had placed her index finger down the opening of her dress, touched her cleavage, allowing the feeling to hit her in all the right places. Tessa followed Kate's movements clearly teasing Scruffy...and each other. Now she planned to have some fun.

The music was very loud, but the emotions of the moments carried Tessa away with them. It was like flying her Valkyrie in a firefight only, there wasn't the risk of death at the end. Just pure fun. "What do you guys want to do?" Tessa yelled above the music.

-JOINT POST CONTINUES BELOW-
[Show/Hide]

A hand placed against the middle of Scruffy’s chest, Kate peered back at Tessa for a moment to ensure her friend would indeed be okay with out her at her side. Yet she felt no reservations at all about it, as she knew the Lone Wolf would be in the strong, capable hands of the Systems Engineer. Her friends, the both of them, and whatever else they were starting to mean to her, she was totally comfortable knowing they’d be just as well off without her, as they were with. It was a reassuring realization to have, and Kate let a serenely sweet smile creep across her face accordingly. Pressing up on her tippy-toes though, her hand still braced against his firm form, Kate planted a gentle kiss on the side of Scruffy’s left cheek before whispering just loud enough into his ear that he might be the only one to hear her. “You’re awesome! Have fun with her! I’ll be back in a bit. When I am, Tessa and I will return the favor and have our fun with you!” Settling back down unto her heels, she took a step to leave and let her hand trail teasingly down the front of Scruffy’s chest to get a feel for his toned shape underneath the fabric of his shirt.

With a grin stretching nigh from ear-to-ear, Kate left Tessa and Scruffy without looking back, knowing that the teasing she and her friend had been unleashing upon the handsome man was wholly unfair, but at the same time, entirely too much fun to let up. The way she figured it though, he’d forgive them later on if the teasing resulted in what most men could only dream of.

“Hey! Reggie! What’s up, girl?” Kate called out to her friend as she neared the bar, while on-stage a crew ran out to begin changing things over for whoever the next act in this playlist would be. Stopping just to her right side, Kate leaned up against the bar, a delicate hand raising into the air with two slender digits extended in order to get the bartender’s attention. “Two shots of Jim Beam! Post haste!” she ordered, then turned her attention back to the stage. “Can you believe how awesome the acoustics of this holodeck are? And that recreation of Ozzy! It’s incredible! I can’t believe how awesome this program is! Oh... and you’re not going to believe this! Remember how I told you about my love of Aerosmith, and how many nights I’d spent with people, making out to it playing in the background? Well, I’m hanging out with Scruffy and Tessa and...” pausing as she detected something was bothering Reggie, Kate furrowed her brow a little and tilted her head to the side, the length of blonde hair she traditionally tucked behind an ear slipping free to cascade over her face, casting a shadow.

“Hey? What’s up? Is everything alright?” she asked, the Bartender returning to set two shot-glasses of amber liquor down.

[ On The Stage ]

“Erm... this next one--” casting an annoyed glance back at someone off-stage, Ozzy pointed an accusatory finger in said direction before returning the microphone to his face. “--I fuckin’ am! Shut it! I am! Fuckin’ ‘ell! You believe the shite I have to deal with! She’s a right-on slave-drive, I swear it!” The Prince of Darkness, or rather the holographic recreation of him, waded back and forth on the stage in obvious aggravation, still seemingly not over the fact that he’d have to perform again later on. “Anyway, ‘et’s hear it for fuckin’ Aerosmith!” He goaded the crowd into exploding with cheers, a bout of laughter escaping Ozzy as he pointed and hollered other profanities at the people closest the stage. “Louder!” He screamed, and the cheering intensified. “I fuckin’ can’t hear you! I said louder!” Ozzy began pacing more hastily, pointing the microphone at the crowd as behind him the stage-hands had finished their swap over, and were running off. “That’s fuckin’ more like it! Ladies and Gentlemen! For your auditory pleasure, I give you...” stopping mid-sentence as though he’d forgotten, Ozzy looked off-stage again to someone for direction.

“...as I was saying!” he resumed, having remembered all of a sudden. “I give you, Joan Jett, and the fuckin’ Black Hearts!”

From the opposite side came Joan, signature black leather jacket and black t-shirt with ‘The Runaways’ emblazoned in white lettering across the front, an ivory-white Gibson Les Paul held in hand as she pointed to the crowd. Immediately the heavy drum began to thump behind her, sending shockwaves reverberating throughout the holographic arena.

“Saw him dancing there by the record machine!” Joan started into the mic, her hand swiping at the strings of her guitar.

OOC - ...and we’re onto Joan Jett & The Blackhearts! Setlist is as follows...

Part 4 - Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
1. I Love Rock ‘N Roll
2. Cherry Bomb
3. Crimson and Clover
4. I Hate Myself for Loving You
5. Bad Reputation

...as before, feel free to progress through each of the songs according to your individual dictates and situations. Rock on folks!

Reply #52
[Lt (JG) XamotZark zh’Ptrell (Lt. Zark) | Next to the bar | Holodeck 02 | Deck 08 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy]

@Scavenger01 @Juzzie

Zark's expressive blue-green eyes lit up when Asra told her what she was on the ship for and her mood once again switched with dizzying speed as a massive smile split her face as her hands clapped together, almost completely drowning out Rhys at the same time.  Andorians had been described as being 'extra' by certain species, and once under the influence, Zark was no exception. "You're one of the brain trust for the new drive system!" the blue woman exclaimed.  There was no stopping the medico now as she practically leapt forward and glomped the Trill, mashing her blue cheek and against the pale one, no doubt to several people's shock, most likely Ryhs' if nothing else. "This is great!  Things are totally looking up for us!  We get one of the super braniacs to help us safely travel faster than the limits of a conventional warp drive without us blowing up!" The Andorian managed to spew out without running out of breath.

Detaching her head from the Trill, Zark turned her smile on the eternally shy counselor "Rhys! Isn't this great!"  Just because Zark was looking tipsy didn't mean she was oblivious as she pouted and a black leather clad cobalt arm flashed out towards the counselor's face as her index finger lanced out to tap the human on the lips to keep them shut. "Oh hush!  I know I'm talking at people instead of to them, and as demented as you find it, it's also entertaining, so enjoy it!"

Letting go of Rhys, and turning back to Asra, Zark leaned into the Scientist's ear and began waving her head back and forth as if she was nuzzling her though she made sure to keep a distance from actually coming in contact before whispering as one could in a concert. "Don't worry, I'm a lot more even keeled than I look. I do this from time to time to give Rhys some cardiovascular exercise.  He'll be fine."  Pulling back and letting go, Zark's smile softened and became crooked as she linked her hands together to see if Asra would play along.

Reply #53
[ Lt. Enyd Isolde Madsen | Holodeck 02 | Deck 08 | Vector 02] attn: Attn: @P.C. Haring  @Swift  @Scavenger01  @Pierce  @RyeTanker  @Tae  @redshift316  @Juzzie  @Brutus @Stegro88  @Griffinsummoner 

Enyd nodded, “Then it is Enyd, Sarresh.” She giggled at his additional comment. “I can be a bit of a pragmatic bitch, so I’ve been told, pardon the loose language, but I’ve no qualms on thinking I’m bigger than my britches.” Enyd laughed again, quickly adding, “A saying my grandmother back in Montana often tossed at me, reminding me I’d best not think myself too big or else someone else would come along quick enough and knock me back down where I belonged.”

Sarresh’s smile was a bit more like a grimace, strong evidence that the man did not socialize like this often. But instead of calling attention to the lack of effusive emotional tells, Enyd gave an emphatic nod as her fellow survivor recalled their Great Hall encounter.

“I believe our doctor Elro will confine me to quarters if I show up again any time soon with so much as a hangnail. He patched me up just prior to going to the Great Hal after a run-in with the Klingon boarding party just to have me bounce back like a bad penny immediately after the mission. I believe I vex him.”

Enyd was distracted from their conversation trail as the new band took to the stage and immediately, she felt the music sway its way through her senses, her feet itching to dance. She returned in time to hear Sarresh introduce himself to their companion, an enigmatic woman she also did not know. If it had been any other music, Enyd would’ve stayed by their sides long enough to catch her name and continue the conversation, but the pull was relentless and she had to dip her head in apology to her companions.

“The sirens song beckons, I’m afraid. It was a pleasure to speak with you both. See you!” She gave a quick wave before she all but twirled her way to the dance floor.

Enyd intentionally bumped against Victor, letting him know she was nearby, before giving herself over completely to the music, not caring that as she danced, the edges of her skirt bounced and swished almost provocatively against her legs. All her attention was on the music and how it made her feel in the moment.

Reply #54
[ JOINT POST - PO1 Scruffy LeBlanc, & Lt. JG Tessa May Lance, callsign "Goldeneye" | Holodeck 02 | Deck 08 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @P.C. Haring  @Tae  @Ellen Fitz  @Stegro88  @RyeTanker  @Juzzie  @Scavenger01  @Brutus  @Pierce   @Swift
(PT 1)

Listening or attempting to over the loud music, Tessa could tell that Kate had just said something to Scruffy. Likely still in a teasing manner based on his reaction and the not so subtle finger running down his chest as she smirked. Lance could only imagine what the thoughts were going through the young man's head. To be truthful, at times she wasn't even sure what was going through her own head. Holy smokes it hurt sometimes to think clearly. More often than not the blonde tendencies reasserted themselves in particular situations. She stood all the way up as her feet felt more surefooted than she had moments before. Likely the fact she wasn't continuing to drink and that synthehol effects were lost on an adrenal spike. Where did that come from?   she thought. Must still be remnants of her Vulcan mind reset at Aldea. She shrugged as she grabbed Scruffy's arm and pulled him away from his stance stealing a glance at Kate with a wink. "Ready to dance with this crazy Lone Wolf?"   She sashayed her hips as she got into the groove of it still holding one of his arms.

Scruffy was definitely left blushing by Kate's departure and he couldn't even blame the synthehol this time.  The kiss on the cheek had been a welcome expression of gratitude, but then she kept ratcheting things up.  He definitely needed to waste some energy on the dancefloor.  When Tessa grabbed his arm and pulled him toward the dancers, he turned to give her his full attention and smiled, giving her a smirk as she did her own teasing.  "I think I can handle a bit of dancing and howling under the moonlight, yeah."  He let his arm swing with her, letting the steady beat of the music lead his own tempo.

Her arms locked in with Scruffy's as she danced closely. She swung nearer to him and gave more movements that indicated more deliberate flirting. A smile cracked her smile before she let go and started doing some of the easiest yet, lamest dance moves indicitive to someone who didn't know how to actually dance. But a giggle formed as she did it and pulled back close to Scruffy, whispering in his ear. "Does this make you want to howl at the moonlight."   Her eyes drew close to Scruffy, examining his bright blue eyes. Pushing back slightly she continued to dance as she let her mind actually relax and be clear.

Scruffy enjoyed having Tessa so close to him on the dancefloor.  When she started "improvising," he couldn't help but chuckle, before she moved in close again.  After she whispered in his ear, his eyes locked on hers when she pulled back.  Whether it was the synthehol or the fun he was having, he decided to let loose more than he had in a while.  Falling back on what he knew, he took Tessa's hands in his own and started something of a blend of line-dancing and swing dancing. Letting the beat of the Blackhearts set his pace, he alternatively pulled her close and swung her out, gently given their mutual states of inebriation.

Reply #55
[ JOINT POST - PO1 Scruffy LeBlanc, & Lt. JG Tessa May Lance, callsign "Goldeneye" | Holodeck 02 | Deck 08 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @P.C. Haring  @Tae  @Ellen Fitz  @Stegro88  @RyeTanker  @Juzzie  @Scavenger01  @Brutus  @Pierce   @Swift

(PT 2)

Taking the movements from Scruffy's guiding hands in mind, she went with the flow of the free form dance blend of line and swing, something that surprisingly her body moved with ease to. Whether from her partially inebriated state or from the movement needed to pilot a Valkyrie, she felt the rhythm guiding her. Tessa slid close to him and seemed to enjoy the manly figure pulling her in close. Something she hadn't felt an attraction to in some time. Or anyone worthy of that attraction at least. Her mind wandered as her body seemed to know what to do as the song progressed.

Scruffy would have to admit to himself that he was enjoying this party a lot more than he thought he would.  It certainly wasn’t anything like he expected, but the combination of drink and company was enough to, if only for tonight, rekindle something he had lost: a zest for life and a desire to live in the moment.  His value wasn’t in how he was remembered far and wide, but in what he meant to two people in particular. Swaying with Tessa, his hands slid around her waist, just holding her close a moment longer.

Tessa enjoyed the song playing overhead and leaned on Scruffy briefly allowing him to take the lead. Something she wasn't accustomed to with being a pilot but she felt it was nice. She could see that this night was unlike any other as she was among really good friends. Then she pivoted to toss herself off of him and back into the fray of the song, swiveling her waist and arms in and opposing back and forth motion with a large grin on her face as she performed the dance despite its oddity. She rocked her head back and forth as she did, letting the hair on her head fly back and forth with as much enthusiasm as the woman attached held.

Scruffy let out an amused laugh at Tessa's antics, circling around her as she let out this burst of chaos.  He kept his front toward her, side stepping and doing his own pivots.  When his movements brought him back around in front of her, he waited for a pause in her movements to reach out an arm, offering to pull her in close again.

Reply #56
[ JOINT POST - PO1 Scruffy LeBlanc, & Lt. JG Tessa May Lance, callsign "Goldeneye" | Holodeck 02 | Deck 08 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @P.C. Haring  @Tae  @Ellen Fitz @Stegro88  @RyeTanker  @Juzzie  @Scavenger01  @Brutus  @Pierce   @Swift
(PT 3)

She took in the vibe of the music as it drove her energy levels ever higher. As she was in a mid swirl and swivel, Scruffy's arm reached hers. Her paused movements allowed a calm to wash over her as her emotions flooded higher, looking into Scruffy's face and eyes, taking it all in as she allowed his arms to hold her closer.

Scruffy spun her to him, hugging her tight against him and lifting her off the ground as the vocals reached a crescendo.  He spun in place, twirling around with her, a gleeful laugh let loose before he stopped and let her feet again touch the floor.

She felt the tight fingers gripping her waist. A small energy built inside her as she felt her heart skip several beats wondering what he was going to do next as he pulled her closely. As quickly as Tessa noted the feeling of their torsos clinging closely, she discovered the near weightless sense of not standing on her own two feet anymore. She embraced the feeling of the situation overtake her as she leaned back into it with her arms and legs outstretched in all directions, appearing like a giant "X" being held up by the man before her. A smile graced her lips and cheeks as she giggled and held him in a bear hug as she was lowered back to the ground, followed by her arms around his neck.

Scruffy kept his hands on her waist as the final chorus to 'Cherry Bomb' wrapped up, their hips rocking side to side, gazing back into Tessa's eyes as she swayed with her arms wrapped around his neck.

As the rhythm calmed down, so did Tessa's movements as the hip rocking moved to near stationary as she gazed at him deeper and pulled him close to her using her strong arms, planting a tight-lipped kiss on his lips. Feeling the emotions in her heartbeats, breathing and chest movements, it funneled into her lips into a gratifying display of emotional release. And her mind went numb as she took in the emotion of the moment. Bliss on her mind.

Swept up in the spirit of 'Living in the moment,' Scruffy accepted Tessa's kiss, wrapping his arms around her to pull her close against him as he eagerly returned it with the tension that had been building inside him from everyone's teasing.

((End of Joint Post))

Reply #57
[Lt. Regiene “Reggie” Suder  | Holodeck 02 | Deck 08 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] attn: @Swift‍   @Stegro88‍ 

The alcohol stung as it splashed against the back of her throat and she gagged on it for just the briefest of moments as she slammed the glass back down on the bar.    The Orion gave her a look and while Reggie could not read the mind of a hologram, she knew the question being asked.

“Another.”

Damn it all to hell.  Why couldn’t things just be straight forward for once in her life?  Yes, she had brought this on herself when she invited T’Less… even reinforced it when she made a point to tell T’Less about the party last night and ask her personally to attend.  But now she was here, and Reggie Suder had no fucking idea what the hell to do or to say.  She’d apologized to the Vulcan woman, but truth be told, Reggie wasn’t even sure if she believed her own apology.  Was she sorry for being harsh with her?  T’Less had hurt her.  Should she apologize for her emotions?

No, she chided herself.  But the Vulcans would tell you to control them.

That seemed to be their answer to everything.  Control your emotion and embrace the objectivity of pure logic.

She threw another shot back, slammed the glass down and indicated for a third.

To hell with that.  To hell with controlling emotions.  She hadn’t survived the war by controlling her emotions.  No.  She’d survived by letting those feelings motivate and push her. 

But… it was T’Less. 

The woman had not exactly been warm and cuddly back in the academy.  Well…there was that night of the storm…  But there was something about her, a quiet strength beneath the beauty that was her body and flesh that Reggie craved.  Maybe she was just a lost puppy dog but if there was any chance she could enjoy T’Less’s company again didn’t she owe it to herself to try?  Maybe they weren’t the same people any more but that didn’t necessarily doom them to failure.  Hell, it might be what they needed to actually work this time.

Reggie jumped as Kate’s voice pierced her veil of thought, hitting her both audibly over the music of Joan Jett, and telepathically.  She hadn’t even realized her mind was open.

Closing her eyes, she shook her head, regaining what little composure she could.

“Just my heart and brain at odds, Kate,” she said with a sigh.  “It’s none of my business, but I hope your love life is less complicated than mine.”

Reply #58
[ Lt. Enyd Isolde Madsen | Holodeck 02 | Deck 08 | Vector 02] attn: Attn: @P.C. Haring  @Pierce  @RyeTanker  @Tae   @Juzzie  @Brutus   @Stegro88  @Griffinsummoner

It should be written as a point of fact that if chaos could happen then, when the variable of Enyd Isolde Madsen was involved, it very well would. As she’d been enjoying—with blushes—the show of two fellow dancers growing increasingly intimate with their dances, ultimately culminating in a passionate kiss, Enyd’s world tipped. More like, a heel broke, and she was sent careening sideways. The fates were not so kind as to offer her the warm arms of Victor to catch her or similarly fleshy barriers of humanoid forms to block the hardened wall of the holodeck from rudely making a dent in her forehead. No, Enyd was thrust against the wall and into a heap on the floor in a matter of milliseconds, with very few taking note of her haphazard “distress” due to the din of the music and the cacophony of revelry of the venue.

“Dog gone it.” Pulling the ruined shoe from her foot, Enyd glared at it as if it was the physical manifestation of the unwritten rules of order against her. Wriggling her toes, Enyd grimaced. She’d need to take a detour to the infirmary before heading back to her quarters. It wasn’t broken, but her ankle would swell to something large and ugly if she didn’t see to it immediately. “Well, that concludes my evening.”

Using the wall for balance, Enyd crawled up it with less finesse than an elephantine stripper, and began her slow hobble for home. She didn’t bother Victor, happy to see him integrating with fellow crew members. She was a big girl and didn’t need anyone to hold her hand while she went to the doctor to get lectured on the idiocy of attempting to dance in heels. But she was certainly going to reward herself with a scone and tea once she was settled back in her quarters. Maybe even watch a silly romantic film from a bygone era.

Reply #59
[Lt. Regiene “Reggie” Suder  | Holodeck 02 | Deck 08 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] attn:  @Tae@Ellen Fitz@Stegro88@Griffinsummoner‍  @Pierce

The night carried on, Joan Jett giving way to Motley Crue, Steppenwolf, Black Sabbath, KISS, AC/DC. Led Zepplin, and closing with Van Halen.

The crew continued to mingle in their various circles, their own individual and group stories carrying on through the night to their inevitable conclusions.  As the night progressed, more Junior Officers and Enlisted crew found their way to the show and, with it being as laid back as was intended, some left early, some stayed until last call, others staying until the final curtain.

And for those who stayed the entire night, the show did not disappoint.

As Van Halen finished “Jump” and closed their set, Ozzy returned to the stage.

“Thank you so, fucking much for coming out tonight,” he screamed.  “I’m told we have one more surprise for you. Call it an encore…whatever the fuck that is.  Ladies, Gentlemen, Transgender, and Gender Neutrals, I present to you…”

He paused for a moment and looked at the card in his hand.

“What da FUCK?  SHAAAAAROOOONNNNN!!!!!”

Ozzy turned to stage left, and not for the first time in the night as his wife poked her head out from the stage’s side wings.  Ozzy frowned, motioning to the card in his hand.

“You can’t be serious!  I mean this is a serious show!”

Sharon mouthed something back at him, motioning him to follow the cards before she ducked back out of sight.  For his part, Ozzy turned back to the crowd, a look of confusion and, yes embarrassment, on his face.

“I present to you,” he said, all the energy seemingly gone.  “Semi-fucking-sonic.”

As the encore band took the stage, the excitement from the audience seemed to diminish, turning to confusion.  Undeterred, the band set up and started their music.

“Closing tiiimmmmeee, open all the doors and let you out into the world”

The crowd was not amused by the cliche and as the alt rock group tried to hold their own, the audience’s protests turning into all out boos and jeering, an acoustic wave of discontent that just as suddenly seemed to erupt in cheers and excited screams as a plume of fire shot out from Stage Right.

The Demon stormed onto the stage, fire blowing from his face, his Axe Guitar slung over his shoulder as if he was prepared to decapitate the poor fools.    Starman, Space Ace, and the Catman followed a few steps behind, as they approached the ever more apprehensive Semisonic.

Deciding that discretion was the better part of Valor, Semisonic withdrew, almost running off the stage as Starman took the Mic.

“What the FUCK was that,” he asked rhetorically.  “You came here for the best!  You want the best?  YOU GOT THE BEST!!!”

Without further word, KISS took up their instruments and the drumbeat began.  Guitar soon followed in introduction for the only piece that could properly close the night

You show us everything you’ve got.
You keep on dancin’ and the room gets hot. 
You drive us wild, we’ll drive you crazy. 
You say you wanna go for a spin
The party’s just begun, we’ll let you in. 
You drive us wild, we’ll drive you crazy

You keep on shoutin’ you keep on shoutin’

I wanna rock and roll all night, and party every day….

-Fin-

Simple Audio Video Embedder