Skip to main content
Topic: Award Poll: Pakled Order 2021 (Read 3114 times) previous topic - next topic

Award Poll: Pakled Order 2021

Awarded to the main contributing writers in a humorous scene or situation that stands out way above the norm in terms of inducing laughter for the readers.

The poll will run for 3 days, in which those who cast their vote should always take their time to read the linked scenes first. The award should be based on the award criteria and not because you personally like the nominee(s) overall. The nominee(s) who get the most votes will receive the Pakled Order. If you are a Nominee, you may not vote on your own scene.

Here are the nominations, with more information on the nominated writers & threads, which has been complemented by private nominations of additional writers in nominated threads:

NOMINATION 01: "SO, SOME STUFF HAPPENED..."

Forum Name of Nominee: @Griff
Reason for Nomination: "Added some humor into a scene that had my characters reactions mimicking my own. These are the moments that you see on screen and think "No one could be that gullible" And then it gets pulled off masterfully. Bravo." Additionally: "Many years ago, in a galaxy far far away, I had a scene with a dear friend of mine that also involved pie. I have never been able to look at Pumpkin pie the same way ever again. Griff my friend, I will never look at Key Lime pie the same way now."
Motivation & Links:
So, Some Stuff Happened...
"Come on now, when you actually feel the horror of being tricked and then burst out laughing so hard that you very nearly fall from your chair, you've gotta take some time to recover. It's a perfect moment that takes a bonding moment for old fiends in character and makes it seem absolutely real while also adding some interesting backstory implications."

NOMINATION 02: THE ONGOING FAYE & L'NARI FEUD

Forum Name of Nominee(s): @Brutus & @Nesota Kynnovan
Reason for Nomination: "At this point, Faye and L'Nari's personal feud has become the stuff that legends are made of. Certainly in the Diplomatic department. And they indulge in their animosity with so much believable spite and inadvertent humour that any of their interactions are funny to read, yet still feel as utterly realistic and commonplace to anyone who has ever had a colleague they didn't like. Bravo!" Additionally: "It is always nice to see two writers being on the same page when it comes to an "enemy plot" and drawing equal measure of joy from sending their characters through the motions. This seems to definitely be the case her and I just love myself a good, enjoyable, well-played-out bitch rivalry."
Motivation & Links:
"I was first introduced to this dysfunctional pair right off the bat, when Fife was still playing L'Nari, but Nesota has since made the character, as well as the rivalry, entirely their own and - together with Brutus - elevated it beyond. As seen in a similar setting during A most furtive Debrief. But their true comedic potential shined gloriously in Stranded I: In a Compromising Position. Ever since then, it is my one goal in life to eventually throw them in a thread together again, and just wait what happens. "

Thank you in advance for your voting in this award category!

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Simple Audio Video Embedder