Skip to main content
Topic: Day 01 [1000 hrs.] So Say We Doctors (Read 2345 times) previous topic - next topic

Day 01 [1000 hrs.] So Say We Doctors

[ Lieutenant Elro Kobol | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Nolan (I'd love for Rez to join us if you wish to join in?) @Swift @Tae @Auctor Lucan (I was wondering if V-Nine could make an appearance if you have time?)

With most of the recovering crew back in their quarters as per his instructions, Elro had managed to keep biobeds available. It was a logistical nightmare and Medical was understaffed as well with several being lost in the recent battles, Doctor T'Panu being one of the majors impacting Medical's ability to treat critical injuries.

There were still many capable alive and well: Doctors Jason Chambers, George Hernandez, Janteel Daran, Kate Foster and of course himself. Elro was thankful they had many nurses and surgical assistants, maybe some could be elevated to surgeon. He'd have to consult with Kate and Assistant Chief Rez, he wondered who'd replace T'Panu and if the command team were going to select them or he'd be given the honour.

It was a question for another time though he could ask Thea to ask the Captain for an answer. Elro would probably pick Kate to replace T'Panu, or Chambers if Kate didn't want it. He left his office and walked over to the Medical Officer Duty Station just outside the Primary Surgical Suite. Nurse Newberry was manning the station and looked up upon Elro's approach.

”How may I assist you Doctor?” Newberry asked with a smile.

Elro smiled back. ”Anything for me? Any patients due for check up?”

”There are a few scheduled for observation, and a few for check-ups as well in all wards as well as some in their quarters.” Newberry reported and quickly put a padd to the display. A chime indicated a list had been downloaded and she handed it to Elro.

”Thank you, let me know if anything comes up, and the other doctors as well.” Elro instructed with a nod. He wondered how Kate and the surgical team were getting on as he walked on towards the Primary Care Unit.
[Show/Hide]
Lieutenant JG Adam Kingston, Master-at-Arms, (Vector 03 Security) Profile Clickie

[Show/Hide]
Lieutenant/Dr Elro Kobol, Chief Medical Officer, (Vector 02 Medical) Profile Clickie

Re: Day 01 [1000 hrs.] So Say We Doctors

Reply #1
Lt. Arven Leux | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Sqweloookle

Arven was utterly exhausted, and he'd pulled a double without even the chance to nap in a supply closet. There had been dozens of patients that had required him to flit about the sickbays like a dragonfly on cocaine. So Arven was absolutely exhausted, and he had only just barely caught sight of the CMO every now and again, never for long enough to say hello, or introduce himself. So as he was finally going off duty for some well-deserved rest, he spotted the man that came in. Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, apparently well-rested, this man had to be the CMO.

Arven approaches Doctor Kobol with a weary gait and the bleary eyes of the coffee-deprived. "And you must be Doctor Kobol.." His tone of voice held a great deal of exhaustion in it. Clearly, the Trill was done with the day. But there was one last thing he needed to do before going to pass out, actually meet his direct Superior and have a chat. Meeting the rest of the medical staff would be nice, but he didn't count on them being free even if most patients had been discharged.

So it was that Arven had walked up to Elro and extended a strong hand to the man, smiling as best he could after the day he'd had. "Doctor Leux, a new transfer from the Oneida, I haven't yet been formally assigned to a position yet, but I wanted to say hello before I go back to my quarters for some sleep." Arven did his best to present an air of friendliness and care even with as tired as he so clearly was. While it was never easy to pull off, Arven was a master of the caring and sympathetic bedside manner. Sure, he could be snappy and salty with people that were just taking up space, but with patients that needed help, and his fellow medical staff, he was the picture of tact.

Reply #2
[ Lt. Amelya Rez | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Sqweloookle  @Tae

Having rested a little after the mayhem and chaos that had been going on, Amelya had been in the main sickbay area to check up on the reports on Kino Taer after she had transplanted a symbiont into the her. She took this task rather personally since it had been a Trill custom and intervention. She spotted Kobol and a new face as they were talking to one another. She smiled and made her way over to the two gentlemen as she came to stand besides Kobol and eyed the new face.

When given the chance she smiled warmly to the new man as she greeted Elro first "Good morning doctors. I hope I'm not interrupting. Anything I can still help you out with Elro?" she asked before looking back to Arven Leux "I don't think we've met, lieutenant... Amelya Rez, doctor." she introduced herself before holding out a hand to him. The fellow Trill was a welcome sight to bear and she remained standing next to Kobol while waiting for Leux's introduction of himself.

Reply #3
[ Lt. JG Kate Foster | Intensive Care Unit | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Nolan @Sqweloookle @Tae

As was the standard for much of the Medical Staff, Kate was exhausted down to the very core of her bones. Prior to the battle round Qo’nos, and the besieging of Main Sickbay, she’d been working extra-shifts to help get caught up on an increasingly long backlog of appointments. At the time, she’d wanted to prove to be a helpful part of the staff and dispel any rumors of poor professionalism that may have traveled on ahead of her assignment to Theurgy. The decision, while having paid dividends in that regard, had left her in a state of utter and complete fatigue. She’d never been a particularly decent sleeper, and with all the added stress of recent events milling about and nesting in her subconscious, the night previous had been one of fitful slumber and nightmares. Chief among the awful themes which had haunted her dreams, were those remnant images that her half-brother had forcibly implanted into her psyche, though she was still having difficult discerning the specifics of what they entailed. All she could be certain of, was the overwhelming negativity of the experience, and how it had left her in a state of general unease.

Sipping at the silver tumbler held in her hand, a Starfleet emblem emblazoned on its exterior, and the spicy cinnamon like scent of red lead tea steaming up from the top, Kate peered at a display of the procedures she and the rest of the Surgical Team would need to complete today. Thankfully, nearly all of the truly difficult surgeries had been performed the previous night, and the few which still remained were well within the capability of her subordinates.

“Morning, Kate!” announced Ensign Ellison as she strode into the ICU, her usual bubbly persona evident in the tone of her voice.

“Morning, Kitty!” she replied, unable to fathom how she maintained such a bright and charming exterior in light of all that had happened and was still happening to Theurgy and it’s crew. It spoke to how important a presence Kitty was, and Kate couldn’t imagine the ICU operating without her, or at least, operating as well as it had been. She was grateful for the staff she’d been assigned upon arriving at Aldea and knew that Lieutenant Kobol had played no small part in gathering such a well-rounded group. “Good morning, Doctor Kobol!” she announced upon spotting the handsome man as he entered, a weary yet honest smile crossing the features of her face as she briskly walked over to greet him. “We’re umm... we’re on schedule so far, actually a little ahead thanks to Ensign Janteel spending the night catching us up on some minor surgical procedures.” Of her support team, Janteel had proven himself the most impressive member, as the Bajoran man was every bit the surgeon she was, and she imagined were it not for her being here, he would have been promoted to Chief Surgeon in her stead. “Most of the patients, umm... including Commander Fisher and Commander Hathev are well on their way to recovery.”

Taking another reassuring sip of her warm Cardassian beverage, she glanced back at the rest of the ICU before turning her tangerine-hued gaze back to the Chief Medical Officer and the retinue of other Doctors that had accompanied him. Nodding to Lieutenant Leux, whom she’d met in cursory fashion the night before, she then offered a smile of greeting to Lieutenant Rez.

“How’re we... umm, how’re we doing elsewhere?” she asked, brushing a tuft of her asymmetrical blonde hair behind an ear as she glanced between them, curious as to the condition facing the rest of the Medical Staff.

Reply #4
[ Lieutenant Elro Kobol | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Swift @Nolan @Tae

"And you must be Doctor Kobol.." The Trill spoke and it was clear that he was tired, who wasn't, really. Elro felt the same and smiled as he the Trill approached, offered his hand then continued. "Doctor Leux, a new transfer from the Oneida, I haven't yet been formally assigned to a position yet, but I wanted to say hello before I go back to my quarters for some sleep."

Elro nodded at the new doctor as he accepted Leux's hand and held it. ”Ah welcome aboard Doctor Leux and thank you for joining us. I know it couldn't have been easy to learn the truth about the parasites and that they turned our Starfleet against us. It was the same for me and my fellow survivors of the Endeavour.” He picked up that the new doctor was far more tired than he had sensed.

There was a seat nearby so Elro decided to assist Leux to sit down. Though before he could get them moving, Elro sensed Amelya approaching and she greeted them as she came to them. "Good morning doctors. I hope I'm not interrupting. Anything I can still help you out with Elro?" she asked before looking back to Arven Leux, "I don't think we've met, lieutenant... Amelya Rez, doctor."

”Hello… Amelya,” Elro replied as she had used his first name so he decided to do the same then smiled. ”No, not interrupting, the new Doctor here was just introducing himself and he will be joining us from the Oneida.” He figured he'd let Leux speak his name to Amelya, though he kept his hand holding Arven's just in case the man needed help. ”How is Kino doing?” Elro asked as he faced his assistant chief.

Though once again before he could direct them to sit for Arven's sake, he sensed Kate then heard her voice a few moments later as she came up to him, Amelya and Leux. He turned to her as she spoke. "Good morning, Doctor Kobol! We're umm... we're on schedule so far, actually a little ahead thanks to Ensign Janteel spending the night catching us up on some minor surgical procedures. Most of the patients, umm... including Commander Fisher and Commander Hathev are well on their way to recovery." Kate reported then sipped her drink. "How're we... umm, how're we doing elsewhere?"

”Thank you Kate, Amelya and you," Elro said as he patted Arven's shoulder with his free hand then guided Leux to the nearby chair. ”Here you sit down, thank you all for all your hard work.” Elro said with a smile. ”We have to check up on primary care unit patients for transfer and recovery ward patients for discharge to quarters. I'm glad your team is doing well Kate. After your breaks could you start with the recovery ward Kate and Amelya, Leux and I will check primary. Are Fisher and Hathev in the list of patients that were sent to their quarters?” He asked the women.
[Show/Hide]
Lieutenant JG Adam Kingston, Master-at-Arms, (Vector 03 Security) Profile Clickie

[Show/Hide]
Lieutenant/Dr Elro Kobol, Chief Medical Officer, (Vector 02 Medical) Profile Clickie

Reply #5
Lt. Arven Leux | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | USS Theurgy ] Attn:[/b] @Sqweloookle  @Swift @Nolan

"Well, it looks like we'll all have to get together for breakfast, or dinner...some meal where we can all talk and get to know each other. As fun as this little conversation happens to be..." He gestures to Sickbay with a bemused expression; while it was a good time, he doesn't feel it was the perfect place or setting, for that matter. Arven was pleased, however, to be meeting the rest of the senior medical staff, and he waved politely to each of them in turn. While the man was certainly feeling some fatigue from the double shift he'd done out of necessity, it wasn't as if he'd let that bother him.

"For those of you I haven't met yet, I'm Doctor Leux, and I just transferred from the Oneida. But you all can call me Arven. You all have my apologies, of course, if I'm not the most conversant right now. I was running emergency medical care on the Oneida after a battle, and now I'm here also after a battle. So it's been a hectic shift. Honestly, it reminds me of my residency aboard the USS Honshu." Arven smiles politely at that, trying not to let the memories of his former ill-fated ship gnaw too heavily at him. But even bringing it up in such a casual context got a reaction out of him, a slight wince at saying the name, a hesitancy to his voice. He knew that the other doctors were liable to pick up on that tick, but that was his risk to take.

the topic of Kino Jeen came up, and Arven looked interested. "I think that the petty officer is doing well? Or as well as is possible. I've checked in on her a few times, and honestly, I'm glad that we were able to save the Jeen symbiont, but Kino is liable to have some issues adjusting, I'd wager. But I'm no expert on joining. I never even applied for it." With that, Arven looks over to Amelya, giving a shrug. "I'm from Earth; hopefully, you have more experience with the process than I do, Ma'am?" Arven hoped that he wasn't overstepping, he was unsure of the status of Doctor rez, but Arven was rather ignorant of his culture and heritage to be sure he was an odd one. But as the saying went, a Trill can't change their spots.

Kate was an interesting one, the orange eyes, the twitchy demeanor, or was she just an extreme introvert and having to be social? Or was she experiencing some kind of withdrawal? It wasn't like drug dependence wasn't unheard of in the medical profession. It wasn't as if he'd judge too harshly. Arven had some incredibly ghoulish skeletons in his closet, so he wasn't one to cast aspersions. All of that said, Arven would seriously need to have a meal with all of these people at some point in the future. Or drinks? Maybe a combination of the two. "We need to put some sort of outing together. Pancakes and fruits, I think, that wouldn't be too terrible. Is there a mess hall on this deck? I don't even know, I haven't even seen my quarters yet, or which Sickbay I'll even be assigned to."

Reply #6
[ Lt. Amelya Rez | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Sqweloookle  @Tae  @Swift

Elro Kobol introduced the new Trill doctor as a new face from the Oneida and thus an addition to their crew. Amelya smiled and nodded at the fellow Trill and she looked him over before Elro's question about Kino brought her eyes back on him. She nodded and let her head bounce slightly to the left and right "Kino is doing well considering the circumstances. Some recovery is left of course as well as the traditional rituals that have to be completed." she explained to Kobol before Leux spoke up as well.

It made Amelya smile and shake her head slightly "I'm no expert at joining either. In fact, the way I was joined wasn't exactly by the book either to Trill customs. I've done some research in the meantime... So It should be more according to Trill customs at this point, but I wager it'd be far from what the official way is." she explained or at least tried to. Doctor Foster had joined them as well and Amelya took a seat while listening to their conversation. She had given Kate a short but friendly nod and smile as well to her friendly smile.

The idea of having pancakes and fruits made Amelya perk up and she looked at Arven, before looking over to Kate and Elro. She had to smile faintly as the new face in Sickbay mentioned that he hadn't seen his own quarters yet, nor did he know where he'd be put to work. Amelya was about to answer before one of the nurses, Patterson came in to whisper something to her. Amelya whispered back to the nurse as it seemingly involved about one of the patients she had seen earlier today.

Reply #7
[ Lt. JG Kate Foster | CMO’s Office | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Nolan @Sqweloookle @Tae

Kate followed after her esteemed fellows, hovering toward the back out of personal preference, for while Kate was exceptional in her work, she was still learning to come to grips with socialization with comrades again. Her court-martial, and the subsequent stint she’d spend in rehab on Vulcan had truly stifled a good bit of her personality, essentially transforming her from the extrovert she’d been, into the introvert she was now.

With a nod, she acknowledge the approval afforded to both her and Amelya as they entered Lieutenant Kobol’s Office, the small cadre of respective Chief’s dispersing throughout as their leader went giving orders. For her part, Kate settled a little uneasily into one of the offered chairs, her hands placed flat on either side of her slender thighs as she peered to Rez, Leux, and Kobol in turn. “Umm... Commander Hathev is recovering a little more slowly than we’d expected, but we’re working through something strange that our scanners have picked up in her blood chemistry. Physically speaking, she’s doing well... we’re just umm, not really sure what to make of said detected anomaly. I have... umm, Thea running a more in-depth examination in the hopes of figuring it out.” Shifting in her chair, Kate then peered over to Leux for a moment, detecting a certain cursory glance he’d cast that made her feel slightly uneasy, as though he were trying to get a better read of her. “As for... umm, Commander Fisher, he’s... well, aside from his refusal to remain put, sneaking out of sickbay twice now, he’s recovering well enough. I think he’ll be back to speed in a few days, maybe sooner... umm, I mean as long as there aren’t any complications that pop up from whatever kind of psycho-active drug the Klingons injected him with.”

Clearing her throat out of a sense of nervousness, since the attention seemed to be on her for the moment, she continued. “For now though, if it’s alright with you Lieutenant Kobol, I would... I’d like to keep the both of them for observation, at least another night.” Her piece said, she shifted the focus of her tangerine-eyes to Rez, and likewise extended a sentiment of pleasantry via means of a friendly smile. She’d crossed paths with Amelya a few times since joining Theurgy back at Aldea but hadn’t really had an opportunity to get to know her beyond any kind of professional aspect. The idea of getting to know them a little better was alluring, since Kate very much wanted to get along with her co-workers, especially since she was still in the process of rebuilding her own professional standing. “I umm, I don’t have any immediately pressing matters to attend to in the ICU, or surgical procedures scheduled.” Her way of vocalizing an open slate, if they were indeed entertaining the idea of breakfast.

Reply #8
[ Lieutenant Elro Kobol | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Nolan @Swift @Tae

It was good to know Kino Jeen was doing well, as far as any of the Trill doctors knew anyway. Elro could live with that as should anything go wrong later they'd be first on the scene to help. Breakfast right now sounded good, though Elro suspected that Arven might not have meant it now but some other time though he was hungry now. ”I'm glad that Kino is doing well.” He said.

It seemed that the Trill doctors may need a few words of encouragement as Kate reported on Hathev and Fisher, though the Chief Intelligence Officer sneaked out of Sickbay, twice. That's unacceptable but understandable for those restless types. She asked for them to remain for observation, Elro didn't see why not. Kate was also free for breakfast as well.

Elro turned to Kate and nodded. ”It is okay with me to keep the Commanders in for observation, it better to be certain…” He said and faced Amelya. ”There are probably more than one way to do things, the Commission probably wants it done their way, whichever way you can do it to save lives is all that matters.” He attempted a pep talk with a smile.

”Pancakes and fruit sounds great right now, let's go.” Elro indicated that everyone was to come but he wouldn't force anyone.
[Show/Hide]

[Show/Hide]

Reply #9
Lt. Arven Leux | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | USS Theurgy ] Attn:[/b] @Sqweloookle  @Swift @Nolan

Arven had an abashed look on his face when Dr. Foster said she wanted to keep Hathev for a bit longer. He blushed a little at that and sighed heavily. "I wish I had known that an hour and a half ago, I just released her on some pretty heavy medical restrictions. She's supposed to check in every few days, though, for the next few weeks. You can look at her file if there's any further question. I apologize. I should have consulted with someone else before making that call on my own."

Arven had a slight frown and a bashful look when He looked to Elro then. "I apologize Doctor, I made a call and may have been the wrong one. I think she'll be ok if she follows my directions. but yes... pancakes, breakfast or dinner, whatever this meal will be for me."  Arven looks around distractedly for a moment, not having any idea about the ship's layout. Hell, Arven hadn't been outside of Sickbay since joining the ship, and he rubs at his temples then. He felt a headache of his own making coming on.

"Right uh, my screw up aside, pancakes, because I clearly need to eat something. Where's the closest galley or lounge where we can all get pancakes and fruit. Honestly, I could go from some waterfruit jam on my pancakes this morning. This citrus-like fruit grows in ...  I don't think you all care about that, but it's delicious." Arven seemed to have burned out the candle that was his energy and mental focus for the last day or two, however long it had been since He'd lasts lept or had a good meal. Truthfully after pancakes, the man would find his quarters and pass the fuck out for at least 12 hours.

Reply #10
[ Lieutenant Elro Kobol | Corridor | Deck 11 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Swift @Nolan @Tae apologies for the delay guys.

His first reaction was to immediately reprimand the new medical officer as they walked to the canteen, but that wouldn't serve a purpose for Arven apologised and explained the restrictions the Chief Counselor was now on. He knew that he'd, or any of the other Doctors, probably prescribed the same instructions were they in Arven's place. There was the disregard for approval of releasing other Doctors' patients without consultation which although Arven had expressed regret for his initiative, is something Elro will address later.

It was time for rest, refuel and bonding, Elro glanced over at Arven. ”Doctor, we will have a chat later but for now there are more important matters.” He offered a half smile as the canteen came into sight and they entered, it seemed some of the Medical department that weren't on duty had the same idea. Though maybe not pancakes as Elro could see as they approached the replicators.

”Stack of banana pancakes with vanilla ice cream and a large hot chocolate.” Elro stated to the replicator and it appeared. He picked it all up in his hands and stepped aside for Kate, Arven and Amelya to order theirs, meanwhile he glanced around for a table.
[Show/Hide]

[Show/Hide]

Reply #11
[ Lt. JG Kate Foster | CMO’s Office | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Nolan @Sqweloookle @Tae

Glancing back and forth between her peers, Kate realized for a moment how nice it was to once more be treated as an equal, and as a valued part of a team, something she’d not experienced during her stay aboard the Shelby, her previous assignment. There, her fellows in Medical were less than accepting or trusting of her, though with good reason, given the transgressions which had so nearly ended her career as a Surgeon. Still, while she could understand and even condone their somewhat resentful attitude toward her, she had desired their approval and friendship, something which she unfortunately hadn’t earned prior to her being sent to Theurgy. And while on the two-week journey to Aldea aboard a Klingon ship, a whole other stressful situation she’d had to deal with, she’d wondered how long it would take her, if ever to earn the sort of trust and acceptance from Theurgy’s staff that she’d hope for.

“Thank you, Sir.” She nodded to Kobol, a faint glimmer of a smile on her face as she felt appreciative of his accepting her recommendation regarding the two Commanders.

The handsome man, her Chief Medical Officer, had been kind and in fact understanding from the very beginning, offering her a sort of clean slate when she’d met with him in one of the ship’s lounges some days earlier, prior to officially being assigned the Chief of Surgery, and since then she’d not forgotten it. As a point of matter, everyone under his command had been welcoming to Kate, an outsider who had traveled here at the behest of Theurgy’s secretive friend at the heart of Starfleet, who’d had quite the checkered past. It spoke to the character of this exceptional crew on this magnificent ship and had gone a long way in helping Kate feel as though she might’ve found a home once more. Complete with friends, a potentially budding romance, and the respect of her peers. The only blemish was her brother, a near-constant reminder of who she used to be, and who seemed to savor the opportunity to resume their contentious and abusive relationship that had been stalled by time, and space alike.

A moment later though, as Lieutenant Leux offered up some commentary on the issue, namely the release of Commander Hathev, be it under restricted circumstanced, she found herself somewhat surprised, and left out of the loop. Blinking, the comfort she’d felt at being respected among her fellows waned rapidly, and she feared having made an assumption which might bring into question her attentiveness as a Doctor, since one of her patients had been surreptitiously released without her awareness. It wasn’t necessarily an uncommon practice for one Doctor to happen along, and override the treatments recommended by another, especially when one of those two Doctors was of a higher rank and standing within the department, but in her unsure state, Kate felt exposed. A little frantically, she nodded in an effort to seem understanding of his decision, a nervous hand bushing back her asymmetrical blonde hair behind an ear; a habit born of insecurity, and one of her most easily recognizable emotional tells.

“No... umm, that’s umm... fine.” She said hurriedly, casting a look to Arven, then Kobol in turn. “I mean, I’m sure the Commander will be fine enough.” She shifted in how she sat, her slender hands clasping a PADD which she settled against her thighs. Airing on the side of deferring to her superiors, Kate didn’t find it necessary to call into question the matter, rather in fact simply adopting Leux’s opinion and decision. When the others stood to head off for breakfast, she half-expected Kobol to ask her to remain behind so that he might have a private word with her about it, as she had no doubts as to being judged for having not noticed her patient having been discharged during the night. Internally, she cursed herself for not having sought out the Chief or Assistant Chief when deciding to keep Hathev, since it had been apparent that they’d considered her well enough to return to duty, a decision she’d not been so willing to make. It made her question whether or not she was being overly cautious out of worry and concern for what a failure might mean for her fledgling career.

[ Officer’s Mess | Deck 11 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ]

Yet, as they made their way down the corridor that led from Main Sickbay, soon arriving at the nearby Officer’s Mess, Kate went without immediate reprimand, which might’ve put another person at ease, but for blonde Chief Surgeon, it only forestalled what she assumed to be an inevitable dress-down, perhaps drawing into question her having stayed so late on duty that her prudence had lapsed. “Ohh... umm, right... breakfast.” She commented blankly, having been brought back from momentary unawareness, her mind having drifted during the short traversal. “Strawberry crepes, and a Black Coffee.” Her order materialized in an instant, which she scooped up in both hands, following the other Medical Officers as the found an empty table near one of the viewports. From the corner of her eye, she caught glimpse of Ensign Courtland, a member of her surgical team sharing a coffee with a gold-collared crewman she’d not recognized. As he spotted her, they offered one another a simple wave of acknowledgement, though Kate didn’t want to intrude on his personal business.

“Vanilla Ice Cream on Banana Pancakes for breakfast?” She soon teasingly commented, sinking into one of the chairs at the table, her platter and steaming beverage set down before her. Reaching down into the depths of her nerve, she was trying to muster up some remnant of her old self, the confident woman who never felt such nervousness in these situations.

Reply #12
[ Lieutenant Elro Kobol | Officer's Mess | Deck 11 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Swift

Elro paused in mid-rising his fork full of a pancake piece and banana slices with ice cream dripping off it to look at Kate. His left eyebrow rose like a Vulcan's. ”Pancakes are a breakfast food,” he stated as fact then put the fork into his mouth.

He was vaguely aware that he may have moaned and glanced upwards as he first chewed, his gaze returned to his plate as he continued to chew and prepared his next portion by smooshing cut pancake bits, ice cream and cut up sections of bananas into the fork.

The syrup was maple and all the flavours mixed perfectly, well in Elro's opinion they did. He didn't care what anyone else thought. Once he swallowed he glanced up at Kate and smirked. ”I didn't know you were a crepe,” he punned and chuckled before he put the next portion in his mouth.

He wondered if she'd get it as he quickly chewed and swallowed, after a moment or two he allowed her to process the joke he added. ”Do you get it?” Elro asked. He glanced around at Arven and Amelya to see if they got the pun as well, both looked exhausted but had enough to offer a small smile of understanding. He smiled back at them before focusing on Kate.

OOC: with both Amelya and Arven been given up to adoption, we can NPC them or contact Auctor to do so. Though we could just have a short chat with our breakfast then catch some sleep. What do you think @Swift ??
[Show/Hide]

[Show/Hide]

Reply #13
[ Lt. JG Kate Foster | Officer’s Mess | Deck 11 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Sqweloookle

Casting a playfully inquisitive glance at Lieutenant Kobol over his choice of a breakfast meal and listening with an almost giddy sense of amusement as he attempted to justify it, Kate struggled to hold back a fit of genuine laughter. It was nice to get a chance to see this side of her immediate superior, given most of her interactions with him had been of the decidedly more serious sort. It cast him in a new light in her mind and softened any misconceptions she might’ve had regarding him as a person, as she’d had no misgivings about him or his capability as the Chief Medical Officer. Along side her, Lieutenant Rez and Leux were both similarly amused, each doing their best to stifle their own broad smirks and or bouts of laughter. Yet she and the others all lost their battle an instant later when Elro let escape what could only be described as an ecstasy laced moan, elicited by a forkful of the decidedly delicious meal he’d requested.

“I’ll have what he’s having.” Remarked Amelya a nanosecond before Kate could’ve gotten to it.

Immediately, Kate, Arven and the Trill Doctor all burst into a most gleeful laughter before their individual attentions returned to the foods, they’d each respectively chosen. For her consideration however, Kate appreciated the unabashed confidence Kobol had exuded when he sat down to enjoy his meal, finding it an utmost endearing quality.

“Oh?” she blinked, perking one eyebrow higher than the other as the Betazoid Chief turned the game unto her instead, making light of the playful pun of her choice of a meal. As a giggle from Amelya sounded, followed by an amused headshake from Arven, Kate nodded in acknowledgment, grinning from ear to ear. “Cause I’m a crepe!” she mockingly sang, leaning back in her seat, eyelids clenched tightly as she really played up the dramatis of her sudden bout of karaoke. “What the hell am I doing here?!” Giggling afterward, she leant back forward in her seat, blushing as from afar she caught the confused glances of other Officers going about their business. Retrieving her fork, she cut into the strawberry stuffed roll of very thin pancakes, wondering if Lieutenant Kobol, Rez, or Leux had any idea who Radiohead was, and realizing that she’d likely just seemed exceedingly odd, bordering even crazy in the moment.

“Sorry. Got lost in an old song for a second.” She explained before shoveling her fork into her lips hungrily.

- FIN

Simple Audio Video Embedder