Skip to main content
Topic: Forum Code (Read 3331 times) previous topic - next topic

Forum Code

Hi all,
Does anyone know what forum coding method this site uses, it seems to accept both basic html and bbcode but anything more fancy and it just flops? Also if anyone knows a good method to resize images it would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Forum Code

Reply #1
Hi all,
Does anyone know what forum coding method this site uses, it seems to accept both basic html and bbcode but anything more fancy and it just flops? Also if anyone knows a good method to resize images it would be greatly appreciated.

I THINK It used Wiki? ask @Auctor Lucan he can help you with your coding needs. if he doesn't have the time, he'll direct you to someone that can. ask one of the old farts too. I suggest @Brutus maybe.

Reply #2
I think it's standard BB code but I can't say for sure. Half the time I just click whatever buttons I need during the posting.

Reply #3
Hi!

Standard BBCode is what we use, and the toolkit above here where you write is what you have at your disposal. As for resizing images, that's not something available on the forum. The images will have to be a specific size where it is uploaded before adding it with the [img] code. That being said, the forum limits the size of the image to not override the margin of the posting area.

The wiki database uses standard wiki markup, though. Is there something specific you want to do image-wise, that I can help you with? :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4
After having a play I found that @P.C. Haring  had already figured this out
Code: [Select]
[img width=150] URL [/img]
or
Code: [Select]
[img height=150] URL [/img] 
both work for image resizing but must be used independantly (The forum can't change aspect Ratios).

If anyone else has cool code bits maybe post them here to help people?

Reply #5
Not Forum Code but Wiki Code for Tables:
{| class="wikitable" style="color:white;" style="font:white;" style="background:black;"
|-
! Name
! Relation
|-
| [[Name]]
| <span style="color: white;">Relation</span>
|-
| [[Name]]
|-
| [[Name]]