Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 357519 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #4901
Hey guys and girls... good and bad news.

I have my pc back up and running unfortunately I still have my corrupted C drive to sort out. I plan on doing that monday.

The bank sorted out everything.

The bad news is I am away from my pc on the weekend due to a convention. So I'll be unavailable until monday night. I apologise to all my co-authors that I haven't posted yet, I will next week.

I'll check in when back home... Have fun!
[Show/Hide]
Lieutenant JG Adam Kingston, Master-at-Arms, (Vector 03 Security) Profile Clickie

[Show/Hide]
Lieutenant/Dr Elro Kobol, Chief Medical Officer, (Vector 02 Medical) Profile Clickie

Reply #4902

SCIENCE & SOUL AWARD NOMINATIONS

While the voting for the Inner Light Award and the Pakled Order begin today and last for 3 days, we also open up for nominations for two new Awards!

This is dedicated to a writer who mines Stark Trek canon for technical or cultural details, or built an species that truly stand out in originality. To read posts from this writer is to feel as if one is walking in the shoes of a real person in the Star Trek universe. Details should have long-lasting effects on the Theurgy story as a whole.

This award is bestowed on a writer who demonstrated extraordinary character development and depth of writing. The character's plot goals are long-term with life-altering changes.

Here is the thread where you post your nominations:

Science & Soul 2021 | Award Nominations

You may also submit your nominations anonymously via PM to me. I look forward to read your nominations! :)

SADLY, AHARON HAS TO STEP AWAY FROM THE SIM DUE TO RL COMMITMENTS

I got a message from Aharon the other day, saying he has a new job, a leadership position and is putting in 50 hour work weeks on the regular. He loves the job but is too drained and is no longer able to keep up on his reading and writing. Furthermore, he said Vinata needs someone that can commit to the character and that is not longer him. He said that in no longer being an active enough part of the sim, he cannot write Vinata to their potential.  It is not a decision he's come too lightly and he truly do love the character.

Thank you so much for your time writing in the story, @Aharon , and while it is sad to see you go, it is quite understandable.

As for Vinata Vojona, our last remaining Ovri aboard, I find myself wanting to take up writing him myself for a bit since I have NPCed that character off and on over the years between writers, and with Jennifer Dewitt being in Breen space for the foreseeable future, I'll have Vinata take her place, and I'll see how it goes. There are other reasons too, like in how there is a connection between the Ovri and the Savi that I find worth exploring.

Moreover, Vinata has been a part of the Theurgy story since Episode 03 of Season 1, and the task for successfully convey a synopsis for inheritance is quite a daunting thing all on its own. The character has been through a lot, and with the changes he's undergone personally over the course of the mission, ranging from his sister leaving the ship to what the Savi did to him, and how he might choose to identify himself henceforth, is quite a lot to ask of a new writer, lol.

Wish me luck!

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4904
PLEASE CONGRATULATE THE AWARD RECIPIENTS OF THE PAKLED ORDER AND THE INNER LIGHT AWARD!

The votes in the two recent polls are in, and here are the results!

THE PAKLED ORDER WENT TO GRIFF!

THE INNER LIGHT AWARD WENT TO SWIFT, PIERCE, P.C. HARING & GRIFFINSUMMONER!

SCIENCE & SOUL AWARD NOMINATIONS

lastly, a reminder that there is just four more days to nominate for these:

This is dedicated to a writer who mines Stark Trek canon for technical or cultural details, or built an species that truly stand out in originality. To read posts from this writer is to feel as if one is walking in the shoes of a real person in the Star Trek universe. Details should have long-lasting effects on the Theurgy story as a whole.

This award is bestowed on a writer who demonstrated extraordinary character development and depth of writing. The character's plot goals are long-term with life-altering changes.

Science & Soul 2021 | Award Nominations

You may also submit your nominations anonymously via PM to me. I look forward to read your nominations!

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4905
Congrats, @Griff
Really enjoying writing a halfway stable character for once...

Reply #4906
Congratulations to all the winners of all the awards so far. Great job. I hope I grow up to be as good a writer as all of you someday :D
Lt. JG Amissa | Fighter Pilot, Callsign "Emerald", USS Theurgy
[Show/Hide]

Reply #4907
Congrads!

Seems odd that the researcher's medal has a fed/kdf battle scene on it?
[Show/Hide]
Lieutenant JG Adam Kingston, Master-at-Arms, (Vector 03 Security) Profile Clickie

[Show/Hide]
Lieutenant/Dr Elro Kobol, Chief Medical Officer, (Vector 02 Medical) Profile Clickie

Reply #4908

DEDICATION & SUFFERING AWARD NOMINATIONS

The polls for the Researcher's Medal and Depth of Character have been posted, so make sure you go there and vote! :)

Award Poll: The Depth of Character Award 2021
Award Poll: The Researcher's Medal 2021

Nominations for two new Writing Awards are now open until the 23rd of November, where two separate polls will be posted soon afterwards for the two Award Categories and their nominated scenes respectively.

This time the awards are these:

Awarded to a writer who through real-life crisis keep current with plot despite an overwhelming level of events occurring or mounting obligations. The player may be only able to post at a minimum level for up to three months, but their contribution is consistent and focused.

Awarded to a player in recognition of their willingness and ability to put their character through extraordinary personal hardship, be it suffering through sickness or personal crisis, through which the writer contributed superb posts relevant to the situation. The writer who gains this award is a master at torturing their character(s) for the enjoyment of others.

Dedication & Suffering 2021 | Award Nominations

You may also submit your nominations anonymously via PM to me. I look forward to read your nominations!

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4909

REMINDER: DEDICATION & SUFFERING AWARD NOMINATIONS

First, there's 12 more hours to vote in the polls for the Researcher's Medal and Depth of Character, so make sure you go there and vote! :)

Award Poll: The Depth of Character Award 2021
Award Poll: The Researcher's Medal 2021

Moreover, there have been no Nominations made for the two new Writing Awards yet. The awards are these:

Awarded to a writer who through real-life crisis keep current with plot despite an overwhelming level of events occurring or mounting obligations. The player may be only able to post at a minimum level for up to three months, but their contribution is consistent and focused.

Awarded to a player in recognition of their willingness and ability to put their character through extraordinary personal hardship, be it suffering through sickness or personal crisis, through which the writer contributed superb posts relevant to the situation. The writer who gains this award is a master at torturing their character(s) for the enjoyment of others.

If there are no Nominations made, these will unfortunately not be awarded to anyone, so if you can spare the time for someone who fit the Award descriptions, here is the thread where you post your nominations:

You may also submit your nominations anonymously via PM to me if you so prefer. :)

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4910

PLEASE CONGRATULATE THE AWARD RECIPIENTS OF THE RESEARCHER’S MEDAL AND THE DEPTH OF CHARACTER AWARD!

The votes in the two recent polls are in, and here are the results!

THE RESEARCHER’S MEDAL WENT TO TAE!

THE DEPTH OF CHARACTER AWARD WENT TO ELLEN FITZ!

Congratulations to you both on your well earned awards!  (L)

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4912
Oh this is what is happening! 😄 I'm humbled and appreciate the support. This is only possible because of writing partners willing to spare time and creative energy to invest themselves in the character development process as well. Thank you and congrats also to Tae.

Reply #4914

ONE MORE DAY TO MAKE NOMINATIONS!

Today is the last day to nominate for these Awards!  :) 

You may also submit your nominations anonymously via PM to me if you so prefer. :)

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4915

FINAL AWARD NOMINATIONS

Happy Thanksgiving for those who celebrate it! The Writer's Heart and Scourge Award polls have been announced, so make sure you go there and vote when you have the time! Voting in the polls are open for 3 days.

Award Poll: The Scourge Award 2021
Award Poll: The Writer's Heart 2021

Furthermore, nominations for two new Writing Awards are now open until the 2nd of December, where two separate polls will be posted soon afterwards for the two award categories and their nominated scenes respectively. This time, the awards are these:

Often we see the completion of a character's life; yet this character's story has a beginning, a middle, and an ending. The writer not only willingly self-terminated their character, but did so in a dramatic and/or endearing way. The ending must be in "a blaze of glory" with superior epic or poetic quality.

This award is nominated by anyone, but only handed out once every year to the most outstanding writers in the sim.

Final Award Nominations

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4918
PLEASE CONGRATULATE THE AWARD RECIPIENTS OF THE WRITER'S HEART AND THE SCOURGE AWARD

Good morning! :)

The votes in the two recent polls are in, and here are the results.

THE WRITER'S HEART WENT TO ELLEN FITZ!

THE SCOURGE AWARD WENT TO SWIFT!

REMINDER FOR THE FINAL AWARD NOMINATIONS

Nominations for the two last Writing Awards are still open until the 2nd of December, where two separate polls will be posted soon afterwards for the two award categories and their nominated scenes respectively.

This time the awards are these:

Often we see the completion of a character's life; yet this character's story has a beginning, a middle, and an ending. The writer not only willingly self-terminated their character, but did so in a dramatic and/or endearing way. The ending must be in "a blaze of glory" with superior epic or poetic quality.

This award is nominated by anyone, but only handed out once every year to the most outstanding writers in the sim.

Final Award Nominations 2021

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4921
Hey folks. I just want to quickly apologise to those of you who are waiting on me. Suffice to say that life has gotten rather interesting lately, and I've been struggling to spare enough energy to pour into my keyboard. I should (knock on wood) be able to catch up soon, barring an unexpected broken bone, a random meteor strike or a spontaneous nuclear apocalypse.

Reply #4922
Thanks everyone for the recognition! Congratulations to all the other winners, and the nominees!

Reply #4923
Good day Theurgists!

With the recent round of high intensity hostilities over, we take the time to remember those who have fallen.  To that end, the Memorial Wall is being updated.  At this time, the following names have been added.

Commander Ranaan Ducote
Lieutenant Commander Blue Tiran-Ducote
Lieutenant Kaylon Jeen
Lieutenant Zephyr Coral Praise
Lieutenant (JG) Jonas Arisaka (NPC)
Lieutenant (JG) Alessia Garcia
Lieutenant (JG) Derik Veradin
Ensign Kyle Jensen
Chief Petty Officer Amlas Keyah (NPC)
Chief Petty Officer Eun Sae Ji
Chief Petty Officer Morgan Song
Petty Officer First Class Jean Paul Rivard (NPC)
Petty Officer Second Class Taa'gur Kolla

This list is far from complete as the Library and Records Department is currently investigating and compiling data on all those that need to be added to the Wall.

To that end, Library and Records asks that any crewmembers with knowledge of those who have become honoured dead, please PM this account with the name and circumstance (posting) with which that person died, and the Memorial Wall will be updated accordingly.

Thank you.

Reply #4924

TWO FINAL AWARD POLLS

Hello again Theurgists! :)

Thank you to those who took their time to make nominations in the Blaze of Glory and Golden Chevron categories. The two polls have been posted, one for each award category:

The Blaze of Glory Award Poll 2021

The Golden Chevron Award Poll 2021

The polls will run for 3 days, in which those who cast their votes should take a few minutes to read any linked scenes first. The nominee(s) who get the most votes will receive the Blaze of Glory or Golden Chevron respectively. If you are a Nominee, you may not vote on yourself, but you are free to vote on your fellow competitors.

Thank you in advance for your voting in these award categories! :)

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Simple Audio Video Embedder