Skip to main content
Topic: Day 06 [1910 hrs.] Take a Seat, Sir (Read 2961 times) previous topic - next topic

Day 06 [1910 hrs.] Take a Seat, Sir

Take a seat, Sir

STARDATE 57574.78
MARCH 16, 2381
1910 HRS.

[Lt. JG Kaylon Jeen | Klingon Recreation Complex | ´Iw batlh | Aldea Prime Shipyards] Attn: @Nolan
[Show/Hide]

Since the Theurgy has docked on the Aldea Prime shipyards, Kaylon has thought more than one time about leaving the ship. But nevertheless it was his fight, too. Still this was not what he had thought about in this moment because now he’d only one thought, if you didn’t mention the normal three hundred bouncing around in his head, there was now a more important question for his life and maybe the entire galaxy. Should he order Mollusk tentacles or Rokeg blood pie. He studied the menu quite a time before he decided which of both he want and moved into the bar.

It was the ´Iw batlh and the only reason why Kaylon sat now at one of tables was because one of the Klingons on the Theurgy suggested him to visit this one. It was one of these stereotype Klingone bars he knew and get taught to avoid. Not that he has ever followed this rule. The only problem he had with Klingon bars was the smell of it. He didn’t know why but the most bars smelt like the owners would hid somewhere behind the bar a bunch of corpses which were going to rot there. Not very unlikely if you thought about the amounts of brawls happened in those bars.

When Kaylon began to glance to some Klingons, who tried to figure out if Kaylon was right with his thought about the smell, a young aldean boy, not older than twenty, came to his place and asked: “What’s it to be?” He obviously worked here as a waiter but Kaylon had to make a joke on him: “I’ve thought that this is a Klingon bar?”

Immediately the boy responded: “And I’ve thought Klingons have no pink skin.”

Nothing happened. Except a second of silence and then Kaylon replied: “Touche. I see you know how to handle annoying guests.”

“You’ve got no Idea.” In this moment in one of the groups of Klingons a new brawl started and they ended it quite fast by breaking a bottle of bloodwine on the head of one of them. The barkeeper simply yelled at them “YOU ARE GOING TO PAY FOR THE BOTTLE!” and turned back to the customers at the bar like this was one of the most normal things ever happened.

Kaylon decided better not to interrupt into this scene and answered the question of the waiter: “Well I guess I wanna have some mollusk tentacles and a good bottle of bloodwine.”

“Alright but we’re not responsible if your stomach can’t handle the food and don’t even think about complaining cause this is also written at the entrance.”

Before Kaylon have found any kind of suitable answer for this kind of warning, he spotted another member of the crew in this bar. It was Thomas Ravon the leader of the lone-wolves. Even though he was a war veteran and quite muscular person, he looked like a fish out of water in a place like this. The waiter seems to have recognized him too so he said to Kaylon: “You should probably tell your friend there that he should better take a seat anywhere here or one of these Klingons could accidentally may think that he tries to challenge them.” And with those words the waiter turned back to the kitchen.

In consideration of how the things were going to get handled here, Kaylon decided to hail the Lt. Commander: “Sir, I’ve got a free chair here if you want to take a seat.”
[PO2 T’Kolla]
[Show/Hide]

Oh and if there's anything fundamentally wrong with the text above, then please don't hesitate to point it out to me.

Re: SD 57574.78: Take a seat, Sir

Reply #1
[ Lt Cmdr Thomas Ravon | Klingon Recreation Complex | ´Iw batlh | Aldea Prime Shipyards] Attn: @DaValle 

The shipyards of Aldea Prime certainly were quite extensive. Having traded the Theurgy for them as he roamed through the endless corridors, Thomas had found himself curious about all the various things in place. He had gone and watched the bloodthirsty fights in the arena's and had checked up on various other events and unique places to go to. He still had to venture planet side, yet it was on the agenda. He came to a stop at a Klingon bar called ´Iw batlh. He looked over the menu and wasn't sure if he'd find anything he'd like here, yet experimenting was always fun? New things were truly a motivating factor right now, trying to leave his past life or at least some parts of it behind him as he needed to focus on the here and now.

He could hear a brawl going on inside along with shouting and his first instinct was to step in. His Starfleet reflexes kicking in, though when he entered the bar he quickly scolded himself for doing so. The Klingons loved fighting so an occasional brawl was nothing to be alarmed of. He swallowed as his eyes scanned the room, the rowdy Klingons already looking at the out of place human in the bar. Was this a mistake? It wouldn't take much to start a new brawl with him as the primary source of trouble. Luckily for him, a Trill spoke up "Sir, I've got a free chair here if you want to take a seat."

Thomas nodded and made his way over to the man, his eyes moving over him before taking the seat across from him "Thanks, probably saved me from a few compound fractures with that." he smirked as he narrowed his eyes "I don't think we ever met have we?" he asked curiously as he extended his hand to the man "You seem to know my name, so whom do I have the pleasure to thank?" Thomas asked relaxing more as he avoided eye contact with any other Klingons in order to stay out of trouble. After hearing the Trill introduce himself he nodded "What brings you to a place like this?" he asked curiously.

Reply #2
[Lt. Kaylon Jeen | Klingon Recreation Complex | ´Iw batlh | Aldea Prime Shipyards] Attn: @Nolan

When he saw the human moving to his position, he also recognized the Klingons around him, who watched every step of him with suspicion. He was not completely sure but he could swore that some of them even smiled. Not that he was sure why they did so. However, in the end the Lt. Commander have reached the table without getting stabbed, beat or killed.

He arrived at the table and asked Kaylon if the have met before. Shaking the hand of Thomas he replied: “Oh, I don’t think so either, Lieutenant Commander Ravon.” Surprised by the fact that Kaylon knew his name he want to knew his too. “Lieutenant Kaylon of the engineering team and to know who you are isn’t actually uncommon, since you’re one of the leading stuff.”

The trill understood the nodding of the human as a confirmation but then he mentioned a question Kaylon have asked himself now since he has came into this bar: What has driven him to visit this place? “To be honestly, Sir, it was hunger and the worst tip I’ve ever get. Oh and I’ve to mention that there was one day when a ferengi have tried to advise me what I should buy by his relative.”

Leaning back in his chair he spotted the waiter again who came this time with a bottle of bloodwine to the table by stepping over something at the ground, Kaylon didn’t even want to know what it was. He put the bottle on the table and commented about the two Starfleet officers sitting here: “I’m sure we got somewhere in the storage a candle, if you want to have a more romantic setting.” Kaylon reciprocated with: “Why? Do you want sit here, too?”

“Not for thousands bars of latinum, anyway I haven’t asked you there, new guy.” The waiter turned his head to the human: “What do you want?” After Thomas has answered him, the waiter went back to the bar to tell the barkeeper what Thomas ordered.
[PO2 T’Kolla]
[Show/Hide]

Oh and if there's anything fundamentally wrong with the text above, then please don't hesitate to point it out to me.

Reply #3
[ Lt Cmdr Thomas Ravon | Klingon Recreation Complex | ´Iw batlh | Aldea Prime Shipyards] Attn: @DaValle

Settling in his seat Thomas couldn't help but laugh softly "Leading stuff... Yeah, that sounds exactly like me." he chuckled as he shook his head "Sorry, just the whole 'you're in charge now' thing still feels weird to me. Not that I look up at where I am now, it's just not something I've imagined coming so fast." he offered before waving it away "Engineering, I heard you guys had quite the work the past few weeks."

Thomas couldn't help but laugh as Kaylon shared how he got himself here in the first play "I take it there might be better places..." he grinned as he looked at the menu "Anything you'd be able to recommend me Kaylon? And please, call me Thomas." Whilst Thomas still looked over the menu card the waiter came back and the eyes of the pilot darted up as he mentioned a candle. Kaylon's response was pretty much on par and made the lieutenant commander chuckle as he was addressed by the waiter "I'll start with just some Bahgol." he offered as he watched the waiter walk off again.

As they were left in relative privacy again Ravon asked Kaylon "So who recommended you this place in his right mind?" a short laugh followed "And what did you do to him or her to get sent here?" he joked.

Reply #4
[Lt. JG Kaylon Jeen | Klingon Recreation Complex | ´Iw batlh | Aldea Prime Shipyards]
[Show/Hide]

“Oh a Bahgol.” The waiter suppressed a laugh and added: “I mean it’s your life.” He moved back to the bar and left the both alone at the table.

As he heard the questions of the human he laughed about it, since he has asked himself the same question. “To be honestly… Thomas, sorry it still fells strange for me, he was one of the engineers I’ve worked with, on the Theurgy. Oh, and I don’t guess that he tried to do something else than giving me a good tip.” He looked around in the bar and managed to avoid unnecessary eye contact with anyone else inside this place.

“How about you? We know now why I’m here but what has driven you to go in this bar?” Kaylon took his bottle of bloodwine and took a hit. As he has imagined it was a mixture of bloodwine and something else. Not the first time Kaylon entered a klingon bar and this trick was one of the things he got taught by a colleague of his dad. -When you’ll visit a klingon bar as a non klingon you should order a whole bottle of bloodwine cause they’ll give you probably only a half bottle of real bloodwine. And if this is not the case then you should get ready to wake up somewhere, you’ve never been before.- Ravon answered him and Kaylon was not sure if the three klingons behind him observed him and the human or if they looked through them to another group of klingons behind them who looked back to them. In booth cases would their table be the place the klingons would go to even just to reach the other klingons. So Kaylon decided to get back in a position he could he can jump away easier.
[PO2 T’Kolla]
[Show/Hide]

Re: Day 06 [1910 hrs.] Take a Seat, Sir

Reply #5

Ravon neglected to give the waiter a look as he had tried to suppress his laugh at his order. His attention to the engineer in front of him as he seemed rather uneasy in the place they resided at the moment. A smile crept up on Thomas' face as Kaylon mentioned that the Klingon probably only wanted to hand out a good tip about the dining place. The question Jeen asked was answered with a shrug initially.

"I was hungry and roaming the shipyards, so I figured I might as well try something more local." he answered "Besides this place looked less intimidating in comparison to the other eating commodities I've seen so far." he chuckled. Kaylon had in the meantime filled his glass with some bloodwine and Ravon leaned in slightly as he grinned "So is it the first time you'll try out Klingon food? Or have you tried anything like it before?" The tension in the bar was slowly rising again as was only natural in Klingon company and he could see Kaylon adjust himself to dart away if it needed. Ravon's eyes slipped past the Trill before looking at the first Klingon party before looking at the other as he smiled and waited for the right time.

"You mentioned a Ferengi offering you to buy a relative of him? How did that work?" he asked curiously as he found the moment they were in to be exhilarating. The unknown factor of knowing trouble would break loose at any time. It felt similar to the rush he'd get prior to combat with his fighter. The tension of battle in the air and it would probably be a matter of seconds now before hell would break loose. Yet Thomas reminded himself of his position and the fact that he'd be unable to stand his ground in a bar of Klingons brawling.

Reply #6
[Lt. JG Kaylon Jeen | Klingon Recreation Complex | ´Iw batlh | Aldea Prime Shipyards] Attn: @Nolan
[Show/Hide]

When the human asked Kaylon if he was in a klingor bar before he couldn't resisted to grin. “Oh, it’s not my first time but definitely the first time in klingon territory.” Kaylon took another hit. Slowly he recognized that the bar was definitely benefiting from it’s atmosphere, since the most people weren’t able to handle this sober. That’s a genius plan. I wonder who has came up with it. Thought the trill.

The question of Ravon brought him back in the bar and away from the finances of the bar. The human asked a question he hasn’t heard for quite a time, since he hasn’t mentioned this story neither. He started to chuckle when he remembered on this day. “Yes that was around 15 years ago when my dad took me with him on a diplomatic mission on Ferenginar where he ordered me to stay in my room during his visit in the embassy but I haven’t cared about his orders and in the moment he left the room, have I left it on the other side.” The memory on this day gave Kaylon a more comfortable feeling and so he relaxed his body a little bit again. He continued with: “And after some ninja-like stealth actions…” With ninja-like stealth actions he meant the fact that he has tricked one guard hiding under a table. “...have I reached the market next to the embassy, where I’ve met the two ferengis, two brothers. The older brother’s searched someone who will buy his sibling cause he’s done something that cost the older one so much money that he has to sell his ship.” Kaylon stopped there and took the next hit but this time not to get drunk. He added: “Or at least that was what they’ve told me. The point was that they’ve only searched for someone who’s dumb enough to say yes to this deal and then they would tried to tricks him and the younger one fled. I’ve declined their offer but they were ferengis. They’ve tried every possible option to convince me to buy the younger one. In the end the ferengis stopped trying to convince me but not because they saw that I wouldn’t buy him anyway but more because the embassy guards came to find me.” He took the next little hit and said: “You can imagine how my dad reacted to this incident or how I lovely call it my last diplomatic mission.”
[PO2 T’Kolla]
[Show/Hide]

Reply #7
[ Lt Cmdr Thomas Ravon | Klingon Recreation Complex | ´Iw batlh | Aldea Prime Shipyards ]  Attn: @DaValle 

It was good to hear that the Trill had eaten Klingon food before, the part where he added that it was his first time in their territory made sense and Thomas simply nodded "Anything you can recommend?" he asked the ma,n curiously as he couldn't make up his mind with the menu chart.

A good story always captivated Thomas and he listened with a smile to the tale of a young Kaylon on a mission with his father. It earned the Trill a few chuckles and laugh from the pilot as he nodded until the story reached the end. Thomas shook his head slightly as he still chuckled "That sounds pretty harsh... To ground you after a stunt like that, though I can understand why he did so." he answered Kaylon before looking back to the man "What did you get to do the rest of your youth after the debacle?"

The crowd around them became more on edge and seemed to be distantly provoking one another. Thomas could feel that the situation would explode any moment now and he glanced around quickly without looking long enough to draw any unwanted attention to them "Get ready to duck soon." he warned the engineer as he stretched himself slightly, wondering how the waiter or owner of the bar would react to yet another fight breaking loose.

Reply #8
[Lt. JG Kaylon Jeen | Klingon Recreation Complex | ´Iw batlh | Aldea Prime Shipyards]
[Show/Hide]

“Oh my dad wasn’t actually resentful but the trill embassy officer was. He banned me from that day on for new missions, so I had to live a more normal life.” He glanced on the menu to search something a rookie could ate here. There were actually not as many options as he’d hopped for but in the end he meant: “You could taste Gladst with some Grapok sauce or if you want to test something actually interesting, you can mix Zilm’kach, Pipius claw and Bregit lung.” Kaylon read the rest of the description and added: “It seems like they call it Hegh mI', not sure what that means.”

Kaylon didn’t recognized the rising unrest around them, he’s completely immersed with studying the menu and trying to translate the names of the dishes. He wasn’t sure but he’s thought that mI' meant dance… or pants. “I would advice you to took the first option because the most humans have problems with pipius claw. It would not lead to a food poisoning but it could make some problems in your stomach.” One of the klingons at the entrance stood up and went to the door where he and two others stopped, to lead an intense discussion. Kaylon still didn’t saw this nor the two klingons who glanced the whole time to their table. The left one had a wound on his cheek the other one hold a bottle in his hand and observed everything the both humans were doing.

The human said suddenly that Kaylon should be ready to duck but Kaylon hasn’t perceived how the atmosphere had changed during the last minutes. The tip was meant serious but he couldn’t resist to smile. “And I’ve thought that I’m the only paranoid guy here. I mean...” Sadly he wasn’t able to complete his sentence due to the klingon who flew from the left to the right side of the table and, somehow, managed to not hit the bottle. The problem was he hit the head of Kaylon cause he hasn’t count with flying klingons. The trill fell from his chair to the ground and over him laid the body of the klingon who got used as a bullet. The question Kaylon had now in his head was a mixture of what the hell and who’ve thrown him on me. More the first one. Thomas looked more in his element now in this fighting scene than Kaylon. Not only because Kaylon still laid under 200 lbs of unconscious klingon body-mass, but also due to fact that he was no good close combat fighter. If he could choose he would prefer a phaser-rifle and a distance of around 15 yards between him and his opponent.

But this was not what he got here, since the klingon, who threw the first one on the table, was now on his way to them and Kaylon was not really sure if he want his friend back or if he want to get either Kaylon or Thomas.
[PO2 T’Kolla]
[Show/Hide]

Reply #9
[ Lt Cmdr Thomas Ravon | Klingon Recreation Complex | ´Iw batlh | Aldea Prime Shipyards ] Attn: @DaValle

It seemed that the antics of the Trill in his youth didn't endanger his relationship to his father, yet did have an effect on his future. Thomas wondered what a more normal life would entail, yet was given suggestions for what he could eat to try out proper Klingon food. Thomas in turn took the menu card to check what the dishes would entail, though there was little to no explanation on the card. Kaylon narrowed the choice down as food poisoning or intestinal issues weren't exactly on the short list for things to have.

Jeen's reaction that he figured he was the only paranoid in the establishment was cut short when the first Klingon got hurled towards the trill engineer. Thomas lunged back from the table as he quickly got his footing and looked at the new brawl that had begun. He knew better than to mix into it, for starters he was a senior officer and second, what chance would he truly have against a gang of Klingons. The Klingon who had instigated the fight marched towards the human and the Trill now. Thomas braced himself as he didn't take on a fighting posture just yet.

"How you doing mister Jeen?" he called out to the engineer as he didn't let his eyes move away from the Klingon. The approaching male had seemingly ingested quite a copious amount of blood wine himself as Thomas could tell he was drifting slightly on his straight path. He grumbled something which the UT couldn't even register and without a fair warning he lashed out to Thomas. The fighter pilot was on edge though and what he'd lack in power in this fight he made up in reflexes. He evaded and dodged the incoming blows of the Klingon and waited for the right time to bring the large man out of balance. With a crash the Klingon his his head against their table, the contents on it flying up before he fell down on top of the already down Klingon and thus Kaylon.

There was laughter and cheering in the establishment as Thomas sighed and walked over to Kaylon. He grabbed him under his arms and dragged him out from under the Klingon mess he seemingly was trapped under "Well, this is... Educational." Thomas grunted as the weight of the two Klingons was easily underestimated.

Reply #10
[Show/Hide]

It wasn’t actually a beneficial situation Kaylon was in, under the body of the Klingon, but from this spot he was able to see how the other Klingon began to attack Thomas. He looked quite professional in this brawl, though his opponent was not to less boozed but even a boozed Klingon was still a Klingon. A quite aggressive and tall Klingon to be more precise.

The Human asked Kaylon if he was okay and Kaylon replied with: “I’m fine and I guess I’ve made a new friend here, even if he got a little bit to affectionate.” He tried to get the Klingon off his body but his arm laid under his torso and Kaylon wasn’t able to pull it out. The only thing he could did now was to watch how Thomas dealt with the Klingon.

Kaylon enjoyed the situation, since he had nothing to do and get entertained by the Klingon who tried to hit Thomas but failed in the most times till the Human decided to finish him.

The Trill would definitely began to laugh in the end, when Thomas knocked the Klingon out. Normally he would have reacted with a laugh but normally laid no Klingon on his body and normally didn't fell a second one on top of the first. He swore that he could have heard the air in his lung streaming out of body, at least he fell like this had happened here. Luckily for him the Human came as fast as possible and helped him out of his situation.

It was a strange situation now, since you would normally leafed the bar after such an incident but in this place it didn’t seemed to be common to leaf the bar, especially if you were the winner of the fight. In this moment Kaylon saw that the waiter came again on their place, followed by two Klingons who could easily work as bodyguards. Kaylon turned to Thomas and meant: “I guess I’m able to stand two minutes in a fight against them…” He glanced back to the two beasts of a Klingon and added: “Probably only a half minute.”

The group came closer and then the waiter said: “You’re fine? Well I don’t actually care but we could get some problems if you got injured.” He glanced to the Klingons on the ground and said to his companions: “chaH chuH!” and the both carried the Klingons from the ground to the door.

The waiter turned his head to Thomas and asked: “So what do you want to eat?” and after his answer the waiter said: “But it could take some time, since our two cooks are dealing right now with the garbage.” In this moment the two Klingons came back trough the door and went back behind the bar and in the kitchen. Recognizing this the waiter meant: “Oh, seems like they’re finish.”
[PO2 T’Kolla]
[Show/Hide]

Reply #11
[ Lt Cmdr Thomas Ravon | Klingon Recreation Complex | ´Iw batlh | Aldea Prime Shipyards ] Attn: @DaValle

Thomas couldn't help but smirk at the rather quirky Trill as he mentioned he had got acquainted with a new Klingon friend. When the fight eventually ended and the Trill managed to survive the weight of two Klingons on top of him, Thomas helped him up and patted his back "You'll be fine." he grinned. When Kaylon informed him of how long he'd normally manage against the Klingon's, Thom cast his a glance and a nod "I think I'd want to see that put to a test." he joked, before giving a wink to the engineer.

A short nod was given to the waiter who asked if both men were fine and after restoring their table to the original stance, the two men sat down once more. Thomas decided to give the suggestion of Kaylon a try and ordered the  Gladst with some Grapok sauce. A look towards the two bouncers quickly became clarified the situation that both of them were actually the cooks of this establishment. It was a fascinating and rather handy trademark to have really. Thomas' attention was drawn back to the engineer in front of him as things seemed to settle down in the restaurant.

"It's fine." Thomas mentioned to the waiter as he said the meals could take some time to be prepared "How did you join the fleet?" he asked Kaylon instead after the waiter had left. Straightening his clothing and trying to relax a little after the small work out he had. He was curious about the Trill though and was interested to hear if he had any other good stories about his past like the one from his youth.

Reply #12
[Show/Hide]

It was good to see that the situation in the restaurant calmed down and further the both officers were again able to take a seat. After Thomas made his order the human asked Kaylon about his past. After a short time he answered Thomas: “To be honestly, I never wanted to join the fleet, not that I didn’t wanted to serve the Federation. I was actually looking for a job in the embassy but I’m not sure why it hasn’t worked.” He made a break and an innocent gesture.

Kaylon continued his story and said: “I decided to join the fleet after I was joined with the symbiont and from that point on, was it the normal academy story. Failing in the simulators, making friends, devastating the instructor office and waking up half naked in the backstreets of San Francisco. To be honestly one of them was a lie and I guess you’ll fail to find the wrong one.” Kaylon glanced challenging to the human across the table. He enjoyed to face others with such questions. Not that the answer would actually matter, since Kaylon had stories for all of the four options but it told him much about the opinion the others got of him.
[PO2 T’Kolla]
[Show/Hide]

Reply #13

Thomas frowned when Kaylon said he never wanted to join Starfleet or the Federation for that matter. It made the man more interesting and the pilot gave a nod as he mentioned preferring embassy life over the space life. It probably held more merit, got you to people in higher places and would give the Trill a certain flair. Perhaps the joining had something to do with his future career path and Thomas couldn't help but smirk as he was challenged.

"I'll go for the option making friends." he said seriously before he couldn't help but crack a smile "I mean, what kind of friends bring you to an establishment that can get you killed." he joked before shaking his head "Of all those choices, I honestly believe that all of them could be true. I've seen some crazy things in my academy days. So..." he shrugged. His eyes studied the Trill. A bit of time passed as small talk was shared between the both of them. "I'm curious about your symbiont... Can you share about the history of it?" he asked as the meals were served.

Reply #14
[Show/Hide]

Kaylon couldn’t resisted to smile gleefully when the human chose the friend option, since this was on of his favorites. The story of him meeting T.

Thomas stopped and waited for Kaylon to reply on his guess and Kaylon would never let anyone wait for a good story, or for a bad story, but at least he wouldn’t let them wait. He started his story: “Okay, making friends. To be honestly, I’m not sure if I should call him friend but lets start.” He took a little hit of his, thanks the heavens, still intact bottle.

“This story began at a place where too may of my stories began during the academy. In Club 602, a magical place, if you replace the word magical. Anyhow, that’s not the topic. The point is, I was there sometimes and during my first year I met a guy who called himself T’Kolla. We’ve talked about the academy, the Federation and all that stuff. He meant he was in his second year and mentioned some names of the instructors, so I believed him. The positive about it is I’ll never do this mistake again, since he mentioned after a half hour of talking, that he was no member of the academy.” Kaylon made a short stop, to give Thomas time for a reaction.

After his reaction he moved on with: “T, how he said I should call him, meant that he was a smuggler from Rie’Del. I had no idea where or what the hell Rie’Del was but he refused to answer me. He didn't even said who he was.” Kaylon took the next hit and continued: “At least this wouldn’t be a problem or a story worth talking about. The really funny part starts now. So I was there sitting in the club and talking with a stranger who remained silence about his past or anything else. After a few minutes I decided to go away and search someone more chatty and so I’ve left him there and began an interesting dialogue with a young betaziod. An hour later, I’ve left the club and was stopped at the entrance by two unknown aliens in strange uniforms. They’ve asked me if I would know T’Kolla and, sadly for me, they could read the answer in my reaction. The next thing I remember was that they pulled me out in the backstreets and held me. After a short time and a not very accurate try to escape, a third one appeared. He meant, he was A’Sunda and worked for some sort of empire far beyond the romulan space. His orders where to arrest T’Kolla and if I would have any information about his current location then I would be more safer if I would gave him those information. I mean, you don’t have to be a great genius to see what has happened there. T has fled from their empire and now they’ve found him. But the problem was, how should I now get out of this situation. They knew I know him but I didn’t want to tell them that he was here.”

Kaylon took the next hit and proceeded: “I’ve said them that I had no idea who this T’Kolla was but they haven’t believed me and instead showed me how painful some hits in your belly can be. After some more the leader of them asked me again where T’Kolla was and took a knife out. One of the things he probably regretted a minute later. The leader pointed with his knife on my head and asked me again about T and just some seconds later we’ve heard a voice some yards away from us. It was T’Kolla who asked the leader if he was probably searching for him. It was a very funny moment when T sprints to the one that held my left arm and rammed him his fist on his nose. Funfact the sound was the most disgusting I ever heard. His next move was to disarm the leader… by breaking his arm and catching the falling knife, which he then threw in the shoulder of the last one. In the end there laid one unconscious on the ground, another with a broken arm and the last one who had a knife in his shoulder. T moved to the leader and whispered something in his ear and after this he got even more in panic and I have never seen someone who fled as fast as they did. After they’ve run away T moved to me and asked me if I was alright and he apologized for their behavior. I’ve asked him what actually happened here and he explained me, that they have scanned for grundian, the name of his people, technology and that was the reason why they’ve found me, pulled me out of the club and interrogated me. I have asked him why they found me if they have searched for their technology, since I didn’t have any on me and in this moment he pulled a small device out of my pockets and put it back in his own. I’ve asked him why he put it in there and he said, it was the only way to get away from those guys and now he can have a normal life again. Oh, but I've still hit him for letting them interrogate me.”

Kaylon stopped for some seconds and saw how the waiter came back with some meals. Before the waiter arrived on there table he added: “Oh and before you ask. It actually happened.”
[PO2 T’Kolla]
[Show/Hide]

Reply #15

The pilot had to laugh as the Trill stated that he couldn't really call the man a friend as he began to unravel the story. The pilot tuned in and listened captivated to the unlikely yet plausible string of events. Thomas couldn't help but shake his head at the man called T'Kolla, how he had admitted to not be a member of Starfleet after giving the name of a few instructors. A constant grin remaining on Ravon's face.

After that the story took a turn for the worst and Ravon couldn't help but chuckle a couple of times before looking in disbelief at the Trill as the events just kept stacking up. When the story came to an end and the meals were served, the pilot was informed that the story had actually happened "Wow... That's pretty... Wow." the pilot exclaimed. He looked at his plate in the meantime and frowned at the weird texture and smell that met his nose. His eyes glanced over at what Kaylon had and he smiled "Thanks for the suggestion and enjoy the meal. We better not let it grow cold." he suggested.

For the next few seconds, Thomas stirred through the plate and inspected what was in it as the plate damped and when he tasted the food still felt a tad too hot. Eventually he just started to eat and chew on what he had ordered and the flavor pallet was entirely different then what he was used to, it didn't taste bad per se, just... different. "How's yours?" he asked Kaylon.

Reply #16
[Show/Hide]

The waiter served them their meals and didn’t insulted nor complained. Strange, compared to his behavior before. He served them their meals and went back in the kitchen. The Trill heard the suggestion from the human and couldn't resist to smile. He replied: “Well, I guess if we would let it grow cold it would flee.”

He took a smaller tentacle of his plate and dipped it in the sauce right next to it. Something in him now said him that it was maybe a mistake to choose this combination. The long and greasy tentacle in his didn’t seemed to be the kind of thing you want in your throat, on the other side did Kaylon know what it tasted like. He decided to ignore the bad feeling and simply ate it.

In the moment his tongue touched the mollusk, he remembered why he loved those Klingon food so much. Especially mollusk, somehow sweet and hefty at the same time.

Kaylon let the tentacle slip down his throat and noticed how the pilot inspected his meal and in the end ate it. Asking the engineer if his tasted, continued he the dialogue. “Yes and it seems to taste better than yours. Once a Klingon gave me the tip to roll the Gladst and contain the sauce inside.”

After some time Thomas asked Kaylon about the symbiont and its story. Kaylon chuckled when he heard the question. Its story was basically his story, in some points. Nevertheless the Trill tried to answer this question without of opening a philosophic question the Trills ask themselves now since they started to get joined with symbionts. The Trill responded: “Oh, Jeen has before we joined a test pilot, a computer specialist and a structural engineer. I guess he was used to handle engineering stuff even before I got a part of this.” He ate the next mollusk and added: “But enough of my lame story. What about yours? I guess it’s not a state secret, or?  Oh, and if you would now say yes then you would just tease me more.”
[PO2 T’Kolla]
[Show/Hide]

Reply #17

There was a minor alarm bell going off as Kaylon mentioned that letting the food grow cold would allow it to flee. Surely the man was joking, right? The meal Kalyon was having reminded him of a Terran dish with squids, though the sauce looked nothing like what they served on Earth.

As they were eating, Thomas had to chuckle "Oh, it doesn't taste bad, just different... You know, first time I'm having actual Klingon food so it's discovering new things." he assured him as he continued to eat the meal, which was easier to consume after it had cooled down a little. It didn't take long for him to grow accustomed to the new flavors and honestly it did taste rather nice.

Thomas his curiosity was sated with the story of Jeen's symbiont and as the Trill bounced the question back to Ravon, the pilot shrugged "Not a state secret, not yet anyway." he winked as he finished up on his meal "Not much to it though, I enrolled in the Academy after being a space brat. Figured I was good at space flight, honed my skills into it and here we are. Numerous engagements later and cheating death multiple times, this is the end result." he laughed "Or was there something specific you'd like to hear from my rather uneventful life?" he asked with a wink.

Reply #18

Kaylon couldn’t resisted to smile when the pilot mentioned it wasn’t a state secret yet: “And thanks the heavens, it’s our mission to keep it that way.” The Trill ate the last tentacle and listened to Thomas as he replied to Kaylons question. Unfortunately he didn’t told any interesting stories and as result Kaylon decided to specify his question a little bit: “Oh don’t overwhelm me with details.” He made an overstated gesture and hold his hands protecting before his chest. “But beside the joke, I guess you’ve got some more interesting stories than I have cause I don’t think that you got to this point by hiding in your office.” Kaylon stopped for some seconds and added: “Oh wait, I’ve done this for a year but still ran into an… interesting… experience. Anyhow that’s something for later, now I want to know what kind of stories a veteran pilot fighter has to tell.”

Kaylon refilled his glass with the remaining bloodwine. Wait did I’ve drunk a whole bottle of bloodwine? Well just don’t mention it and nobody will notice anything. The Trill leaned back in his chair and listened to the pilot, while he enjoyed his last glass of bloodwine. Probably for a while.
[PO2 T’Kolla]
[Show/Hide]

Reply #19

Ravon couldn't help but smirk at the theatrical expressions of the Trill and he shook his head before he leaned in closer "Well, for starters, I didn't have an office before becoming the Wolf Lead." he mentioned as he laughed and shrugged, thinking of a good story to amuse his table guest. He decided to pitch in with a story from their campaign against Calamity. He spoke of their numerous engagements while being hounded by the futuristic dreadnought. How advanced their fighters were, yet flawed as they were sticking to certain routines. How it gave the pilots a chance to outsmart them, yet at the same time they had to risk their lives and limbs for doing so. He spoke of the old faces in the pack, Nightmare, Oracle, Iceman, Skye and Morrigan.

How he missed his old squad mates, the old buzz of when the ship had left Earth. It almost turned melancholic as Thomas shook his head "The day we finally proved victorious over Calamity... I read the reports, yet wasn't there. I wished I was though, but I crashed on a planetoid and fighting for survival. A different story for another time." he winked at the man as he leaned back and looked around them. The establishment still rather filled yet more at ease than before, although there still was that tension.

"Either way mister Jeen, I must thank you for the recommendations of this meal. Probably I'll inform you in case I end up in sickbay." he winked with a laugh "I'll pay for my part though, but I'm afraid I'll have to leave you in the capable hands of the cooks here for safety. I've got more work to do I'm afraid."

Reply #20

Kaylon hasn’t expected that Thomas would tell him such stories, since the engineer was more the never-talk-about-war-stories kind but he knew how losses felt and which feelings people got who lived a life on the run. Nevertheless all of them had to find a way to handle those emotions or they’ll kill them slowly and painful. Not in a physical but in a psychological way. The stories of the human were still good, they confirmed him that he wasn’t the only one who went through them. Probably still the only one who avoided to think about them. Only the time will show if it was the right decision.

The pilot came to an end and mentioned a story of him isolated on a planet and fighting to survive. Kaylon would certainly asked for this story but unfortunately for Kaylon meant Thomas that he has to leave the Trill, since he had more work to do. “That’s right, if you’ll end in the sickbay then you should call the Trill with the good taste.” The waiter came again from the bar to their direction and held a PADD in his hand. Kaylon added to his former sentence: “But if you actually guess that I’ll stay here without any help then you pilots have to be crazier than I’ve thought.”

~FIN~
[PO2 T’Kolla]
[Show/Hide]

Simple Audio Video Embedder