Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 364262 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #3700
DUE TO INACTIVITY AND REAL LIFE OBLIGATIONS, THE MEMBERSHIP OF ARISTA HAS BEEN SUSPENDED

While this may have been a long time coming, due to the infrequent activity and real life commitments, Arista is now in the Inactive Theurgist roster. This, however, in hope that he will be able to return and maintain an active presence, since he will be more than welcome back. It's been a week of silence, but until I hear otherwise, Doctor Parnak is not being put up for inheritance, in the interest that Arista has a character when and if he can return. Parnak will be an NPC in the background for the time being.

As for Captain Ziegler, she was made as a Story NPC for Episode 05 that Arista helped writing, and since I've occasionally written her before when Arista couldn't, I'll take up doing so on a permanent basis whenever it is needed in the story development. Since we have a Cayuga crew that has hijacked a prison transport, I am confident Ziegler will be making a cameo eventually as we progress in the Aldea Prime Anthology and Season 2 of our story.

There are a handful of threads of Arista's that are more than a month overdue, and I will be NPCing Parnak and Ziegler as required to close those threads over the coming week.

REGARDING INACTIVE STATUS

I'll take this moment to clarify something that might have been a cause for misunderstanding. The status on the sim called Inactive Theurgist.

The distinction is merely Inactive, so it's not something terminal. Being an Inactive Theurgist is not just when you've stepped away from the sim entirely or your membership has been terminated for some reason. It is also when you are taking an extended hiatus from writing because of Real Life or other reasons. It's a status you ask me to apply, and when things clear up, you ask me to return to active status again.

Not signalling that you are no longer actively writing to your writing partners leaves them wondering, and might even leave them frustrated, and in the end, it might leave them not writing in other threads either. Please communicate your absences here in the Main OOC, this helps in the short term, but if the hiatus might be longer than a month or so, you should ask me to mark you as an Inactive Theurgist. A great example of this is how Vox clearly communicated his extended and planned absence, having his membership suspended, and when things are up and running for him in his new location, he'll just contact me and start up again.

So, preferably, this status should be applied for longer durations of foreseeable non-activeness, and not just over a weekend or week of vacationing. :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3701
As a quick notice to anyone whom I’m writing with: my posts will be slower for a while. I am currently fighting a war with my computer, and the computer is winning (640x480...yay...). I’m going to bite the bullet and start writing on my tablet, but it won’t be as quick.

Reply #3702
Hey all!

Just a heads up for those I'm in threads with that I'll be away from Oct 28th until Nov 4th, and I'm not planning to be online while on vacation. I'll be getting caught up on posting in the next few days before I leave, but posting will likely be nil during that time. (Sandy beach trumps computer! Lol)

Reply #3703
I can't believe you'd abandon me specifically this way, @Fife. </3
Nator 159: "I accept no responsibility for the ensign's manifest stupidity. Sir." [Show/Hide]
Ranaan Ducote: "A ship is a home; its crew a family." [Show/Hide]
T'Less: "Your odds of prevailing against us are... slim." [Show/Hide]
Valkra: "Come! We will shake the gates of Sto'Vo'Kor!" [Show/Hide]

Reply #3706
:O I am wounded sir!
Nator 159: "I accept no responsibility for the ensign's manifest stupidity. Sir." [Show/Hide]

Reply #3707
NEW SENIOR STAFF MEETING!

>> Click For Full Resolution

Hello everyone! :)

An informal evening senior staff meeting is being held here, starting with this post at about 2000 hrs. on Day 07:

New Hope Rising

Check the OOC note for more information! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3708
PLEASE WELCOME CTAYLOR, OUR NEWEST THEURGIST!

Today, @CTaylor joins us, and they will be writing Vinata Vojona! :)

Ens. Vinata Vojona            Nurse

- Writer:
CTaylor

@CTaylor has been reading up on all of Vinata's extensive backstory, and made some edits both to the character page as well as the Ovri species page. Just some fine-tuning, but if you are all curious as to what was done, you can check the edit history of the pages. With this inheritance, @CTaylor continues the Ovri legacy here on Star Trek: Theurgy, and since they have been making and writing species like this before, I really look forward to see what they do with it.

Welcome aboard the Theurgy! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3709
Welcome @CTaylor !! Can't wait to see what you do with Vinata :)
Lt Cmdr Hathev - Counselling - Chief Counsellor
"Logic without ethics is no logic at all." [Show/Hide]
Ensign Inej 'Avi' Avirim - Security - Investigations Officer
"Live fast, die stupid." [Show/Hide]
Xelia - Civillian - Holoprogram Designer
"Envy isn't your colour, babe." [Show/Hide]

Reply #3713
Welcome on board @CTaylor ! Sit comfy and enjoy some cookies!.....
Or....
Well.....
I'll save them for more time.... Yeah....
There is no cookies! Saaaadly, but welcome to the mad house!

Reply #3714
Thanks, everyone for the warm welcome. Vinata is a great character concept and I'm honored to take on the role. The Ovri is a great race as well. He is just the type of character that I would have created (indeed I play very similar characters on other sims.)

I'm open to doing joint posts with him, so if anyone wants to do so, just send me a pm here or on Discord. My Discord name is Jonathan Forrest 3285.

I've been simming 10+ years but usually do NOVA. So, it may take me a bit to get used to the Forum style.

Reply #3715
Welcome @CTaylor if you want cookies @Numen is the one you need to speak too, if she tells you I have them, she is a liar :P

Reply #3716
FOLLOWTOMORROW HAS DECIDED TO LEAVE US

Unfortunately, @FollowTomorrow has decided to leave the sim, having lost interest in writing their characters the story. I'm sorry to see them go but I wish them luck in any future writing endeavours. Asst. Chief Engineer Suq will desert the Theurgy and head home to his family on Efros on Day 13. The decision on who will become the new Asst. Chief Engineer is pending and up for In-Character development.

FollowTomorrow leaves after them two characters that will be available for inheritence though, namely Security Officer Dyan Cardamone and Asst. Chief Counselor Ejek.

PO1 Dyan Cardamone            Security Officer (NPC) 

Lt. JG Zelosa Ejek            Asst. Chief Counselor (V1) (NPC) 

If you would like to inherit either of our available characters, you should contact me over PM and I will be able to provide all information about what the characters have been up to so far in the story, as well as potential development for them. Please consider also how you, as the new writer of the character, has a creative license to change the way s/he is played.

Here are our current available characters, aside from the two above: Available Characters

EDIT: I will of course NPC all three characters as per the General Rules to resolve unfinished threads. :)

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3717
Welcome all the new people I haven't greeted and also sorry to see FT leave, wish him all the best and hopefully we'll see him again someday

Reply #3718
So long and best of luck FT! I hope maybe someday you may return.

Welcome @CTaylor and I will have a thread idea for us if you would like to do it, it will be on or just after Day 9 and Day 10. ;)
[Show/Hide]
Lieutenant JG Adam Kingston, Master-at-Arms, (Vector 03 Security) Profile Clickie

[Show/Hide]
Lieutenant/Dr Elro Kobol, Chief Medical Officer, (Vector 02 Medical) Profile Clickie

Reply #3719
LOOK, WE HAVE A NEW THEURGIST! PLEASE WELCOME CORRUPTEDCOOKIE!

Please give your warmest welcome to @CorruptedCookie , who will be writing Dyan Cardamone! :)

PO1 Dyan Cardamone            Security Officer (NPC) 

- Writer: CorruptedCookie

Having been reading our story for over a month, acquainting himself with Episode 05 in particular, @CorruptedCookie will likely have little problem taking up writing Dyan after having been given the synopsis of her earlier adventures. While he still has some reading to do, I do look forward to seeing what he makes of this character and the continued story about the Asurians. Moreover, with the potential of Savi crewmembers - and the one-sided alliance with them during Scion control - I am sure there is plenty to explore in that aspect as well. At least that's what compelled @CorruptedCookie to inherit her!

Welcome aboard, and ironically enough... Numen and/or Revan might have cookies for you! lol

HASTATA-NERADA LEAVES US TODAY

@Hastata-Nerada contacted me and said that because of RL reasons, it has become hard to write and keep up with the story. I do appreciate how he tried a second time despite everything going on for him.

In regard to his characters, he does not want to leave Erev, his Intelligence Officer, up for Inheritence, even though he was a bit split about it. Instead, he asks that Erev has some kind of accident in Lads Night Out that ends up with him being put into stasis on the Theurgy. If HN decides to return, Erev will then be available to be thawed at a later point.

Tyreke Okafor, however, will go up for inheritance. I will of course NPC both characters as per the General Rules to resolve unfinished threads though. :)

Lt. Tyreke Okafor            Science Officer (Synthetic Biology) (V02)

- Former Writer:
Hastata-Nerada

If you would like to inherit either of our available characters, you should contact me over PM and I will be able to provide all information about what the characters have been up to so far in the story, as well as potential development for them. Please consider also how you, as the new writer of the character, has a creative license to change the way s/he is played.

Here are our current available characters, aside from the two above: Available Characters

NEW STORY OBJECTIVES COMING SOON!

After @Top Hat and @fiendfall took on the task of setting Carrigan Trent's death in motion, I will be adding a related Story Objective on the morrow that will be about finding the killer. Please read the thread the aforementioned Theurgists started now, though!

Day 10 [1258 hrs.] With Malice Aforethought

I will also be adding two Klingon-related Story Objectives that were brainstormed during the latest Discord session. Hope you will like all three and please check out the rest of the Objectives here!

Story Objectives

That's all for now though!

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3720
Welcome @CorruptedCookie I hope you enjoy Dyan and look forward to reading her interactions with any Savi crewmembers we get in the future.

With that said sorry to see HN go, hopefully he'll be back once life settles down for him.

Reply #3721
Welcome, @CorruptedCookie! I can't even point you at @Revan or @Numen for the cookies this time.

Sorry to see HN go. I hope you fare well!

Reply #3722
It's a pity HN needed to leave and i hope he will fare well.

Saying this i must say that I've never perform illegal, morally questionable experiments with cookies that has turned them in a new corrupt and sentient form of life. That said, I'll blame @Revan of such iniquitous behavior and welcome the little monstrosity we have created our new theurgist on board, sit comfy with us @CorruptedCookie !

Reply #3723
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, I look forward to writing with you all. Dyan is a really cool character and like Auctor mentioned, with the potential upcoming Savi crew members and their alliance somewhat in the story she seemed like the perfect character to jump in with.

That being said I look forward to coming with other things to write with anybody interested so let me know either here or on Discord when I get on there :)

Reply #3724
OKay I will not have my good name slandered by these blatant lies and false accusations made by then one called @Numen I would never perform illegal, morally questionable experiments on cookies! People sure but never cookies. As a Dark Lord of the...uh former Dark Lord of the Sith I have much better things to do with my time than kitchen experiments.

Simple Audio Video Embedder