Skip to main content
Topic: Plot Discussion | EP05 Knife's Edge (Read 8700 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Plot Discussion | EP05 CH05 Vertex

Reply #25

And, frankly, everyone is emotionally compromised, and unless he starts making blatantly illogical calls, I don't think there would be grounds for that yet.

I agree. I'm on the fence given the new development, or pending such but won't post there until something does get put into play or the CO, whoever it is, gives Leon direct orders. After that, whatever happens (to Dewitt/Trent) happens.  Today's the 7-days mark for KE, and I haven't posted there hence; not that I don't want to or can't- most there is to do is wait. That said, I fully believe the action's gonna be worth the wait. Either way its not worth the 200 words to do nothing.

Auctor: in future MVAM use: Is there a chance that bridge crew [or their writers via ooc] would choose their vector, or, for instance, is Marquez full-time Vector-1 staff at all times, despite his experience on two carriers in the last decade, making him suited/comfortable on the Sword Vector as opposed to the Helmet? I haven't been playing this character much lately, and I assure you, it's not by choice.
Lt. Commander Leon "Striker" Marquez
Chief Tactical Officer, USS Theurgy
"No one left behind."

Ensign James "Jimmy" Mariner
Security Officer, USS Theurgy
"Showtime!"

Lieutenant (J.G.) Alessia "Angel" Garcia
Valravn Fighter Pilot, USS Theurgy
"You're not the only one with a gun,"

Re: Plot Discussion | EP05 Knife's Edge

Reply #26
Hi!

In regard to not posting and adding to the development, characters don't have to get direct orders, but in the capacity as officers on the bridge, they could have ideas, incentives and actions of their own. They don't have to rely on Trent giving them orders to contribute to the development. That being said, if you have no ideas atm for the development where your character can contribute in some way, or aid by writing NPCs in your character's department, that's fine, then you can just say so like you did now, and if there is a need for specific development in Tactical right then, it can be discussed. No worries about that. :)

In regard to which Vector Leon Marquez would serve on, the Vector being a carrier or not, I don't see how that matters in his capacity as CTO? As CTO, he has nothing directly at all to do with Tactial CONN. Mission/Flight Ops, in the form of Cameron Henshaw, is the officer on the bridge that relays orders from the CO or XO on the bridge to the fighter squadron. The CTO has plenty to focus on as it is with using the shipboard weaponry systems. Tactical and Tactical CONN is - despite the easy mistake given the name - completely separate departments, even having different division colours. The point is that regardless what Vector he'd serve on, it doesn't matter. His tasks would be the same.

So when you write that you haven't been writing Leon Marquez lately, and say it's not by choice, I am not sure I understand. Even if you don't have ideas of your own in how to add to the bridge scene in Knife's Edge, and are just writing reactively to input there, nothing is stopping you from writing Marquez. Here are the opportunities where you can write him aside from Knife's Edge (if you have no ideas of your own to add in his CTO role):
- You can write him during his earlier career, before the Resolve was lost (Director's Cut)
- You can write him together with anyone on the Resolve at any point during the years on the Resolve, lost in space (Director's Cut)
- You can write him together with anyone on the Theurgy on Day 03, before 1500 hrs., when the Asurians and Savi appeared and Ep 05 started (Interregnum 04-05)
- You can write him with anyone on the Helmet between 1600 hrs. on Day 03 and 0800 hrs. on Day 06 (Supplemental, Chapter 05, Part 01, Ep 05)

The point is that you have a lot of opportunities to write Leon Marquez even if you don't have ideas for Knife's Edge. But, if you feel at a loss on how to write him on the bridge, you can just PM me and I could brainstorm with you, or you brainstorm here in the discussion thread, or use Discord as a sounding board for ideas.

I remembered you had a great idea on how to use the Helmet as a "facehugger" on another starship in Task Force Archeron, and even if the symbiotic docking procedure isn't meant for that kind of hostile takeover, and there is no Thea to hack the computer and keep the "victim" ship from firing phasers into the Helmet from within the shield envelope (ouch!)... it is still a really cool idea and it's something to keep in the back pocket for when it's a clear possibility. My point is that your ideas are good and valid, only in that case not doable (yet), so you should brainstorm your ideas more often! Sorry that I had to shoot down that specific idea because of the risks, since it remains really cool. :)

Anyway, no worries on not posting in Knife's Edge this time around!

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Re: Plot Discussion | EP05 Knife's Edge

Reply #27
My resepects and accord,

Auctor, you've posted before in chapters that since not everyone has met the deadline for whatever reasons or others, This time, it was me; I had to make note that I hadn't posted there. It wasn't because I don't like playing Leon--the contrary. (Update. I got pinged. I can finish this reply and now get posting.)

I feel restricted to Jimmy because he's been involved in more chapter replies--I've been playing him more than anyone else, and Alessia's (confident as I am to playing her) is only a temporary character, so best not to overextend her, lest I overwhelm EAC with proverbial paperwork/too many supplemental when she rejoins lol.  My main inquiry is  if it's possible to avoid a repeat of a choice in which vectors my characters are assigned to in the long run; but I had; If given the choice earlier this year, I would have requested Leon serve on V-2 all this time.
*In defense, My co-audience in Theurgy personally adores the helm as his favorite aspect of Theurgy. Best not disappoint  given the current event.

And The point I raise is that I feel Leon could do some good on V-2; carriers are just his forte for his rank and experience in the Dominion War and following it. Not to mention the fact that if Marquez has to hop into A Danube and ride it into battle to save a downed fighter. Provided any are left lol.

- You can write him during his earlier career, before the Resolve was lost (Director's Cut)

I thought about this. Had my share of ideas. I just hesitate to accidentally use historical or past events without running the risk of contaminating any timelines here. Missions during the Dominion War for instance. Past missions, assignments, Kobeyashi Maru test and resolution; I just felt I needed permission for this on account of the chapters taking priority and otherwise irl typing time. But I may do this now that I know I have clearance.

- You can write him together with anyone on the Resolve at any point during the years on the Resolve, lost in space (Director's Cut)
-- Touchy subject. Marquez's best friend was KIA and I'd rather not reflect on the circumstances. I considered it. Even wanted to one on one with Kendrick if that was possible.

- You can write him together with anyone on the Theurgy on Day 03, before 1500 hrs., when the Asurians and Savi appeared and Ep 05 started (Interregnum 04-05)
*Probably not.

- You can write him with anyone on the Helmet between 1600 hrs. on Day 03 and 0800 hrs. on Day 06 (Supplemental, Chapter 05, Part 01, Ep 05)
* I mentioned this to The Ostrich. Vivian and Leon are friends. Worried sick about the other vectors. This is likely in the works, I'll touch-bases.

Thanks for the enlightenment and I've got a surprise as well, something I drummed up out of the sheer desire to add more dimensions to go with the aforementioned solutions.
Time to post.
 (laugh)
Lt. Commander Leon "Striker" Marquez
Chief Tactical Officer, USS Theurgy
"No one left behind."

Ensign James "Jimmy" Mariner
Security Officer, USS Theurgy
"Showtime!"

Lieutenant (J.G.) Alessia "Angel" Garcia
Valravn Fighter Pilot, USS Theurgy
"You're not the only one with a gun,"

Simple Audio Video Embedder