Skip to main content
Topic: Day 15 [0930 hrs.] Agony, and Red Alert (Read 4834 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Day 15 [0930 hrs.] Agony, and Red Alert

Reply #25
[PO3 Lillee t’Jellaieu |  Romulan Pirate Vessel | Orbit of the desolate moon Phaldos] Attn: @masorin

[Show/Hide]

Lillee bristled at the use of her first name, but relented when she realised that Hi'Jak had, after all, earned that right. After the incomprehensible Klingon talk, she got to her feet, wincing at the fresh pain from her shoulder. Glancing at it, she frowned at the alarming greenish hue that the shoulder had taken. Turning around, she raised her restraints up slightly, and the Klingon warrior grunted as he carefully cut the manacles off with his disruptor.

"I don't know how much help I'd be on a frigate like this," Lillee answered wearily. Noting the wandering eyes of the other Klingon, she glared at him and strode to a port bulkhead. Pausing for a long moment, plainly thinking, she tapped one of several control inlaid into the wall and a drawer slid out, filled with survival gear. Lillee sighed in relief, wasting no time in putting on a thick shirt, pants and boots. "I never served on one myself, and I've never flown one. We are fortunate that the Star Empire has standardised helm consoles throughout the fleet."

Now fully dressed in simple black clothing, Lillee turned to Hi'Jak. The blonde Romulan looked supremely uncomfortable, but she forced the words out anyway. "I am...grateful. Thank you. For not...betraying me. Even if it was advantageous to do so. That is real honour, something those Tal Shiar filth would never understand." She glanced at the still smoking Tal Shiar corpses and smirked, a truly sadistic and dark expression. "And never will understand. Arrogant scum. They should never have underestimated us."

With that, Lillee moved to the helm. The sounds of battle rang through the ship, but Lillee ignored them; ill-disciplined and unprepared pirates would be no match for Klingon warriors. She worked the console with her good hand, examining the readouts with skill that belied her many years since working with Romulan technology.

"I am taking the warp core and impulse engines offline. Disruptors and shields were offline already due to damage. I am taking communications offline as well. The ship is safe to towing." With that, she turned around to stand in front of Hi'Jak, looking up at him with deep discomfort. "I am...in your debt, Hi'Jak. Sir. Thank you for...for...saving...my life. If you should ever need a pilot, I would be honoured to do so again."

The other warrior rolled his eyes at the sentimentality before pulling a communicator out of his belt and barking orders into it. Lillee and Hi'Jak disappeared in a whirl of green sparks, their mission complete...even if it had turned out to be something completely different to what they had intended.

- FIN

Simple Audio Video Embedder