Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 363058 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #2126
Hey all, just as a heads up I'm going to be out of town today, and tomorrow and will be without internet.  I will be returning sometime on Sunday so I will try to get any responses either Sunday or Monday depending on how I feel when I get back.
Defeat, Genocide; why quibble with semantics.

Reply #2127
Same here, I will be gone until Monday.

Reply #2128
anyone know a reliable english to klingon translator? I need it because reasons.

Reply #2130
Actually, since Klingon is a fully developed language, there are quite a few online translation resources.  Here's another in addition to what Burningtransformation provided:  https://www.translator.eu/english/klingon/translation/

And then there's this amusing site:  http://funtranslations.com/klingon

Reply #2131
Speaking Klingon: how to cover your interlocutor in spit while sounding like you're tossing your cookies.

Reply #2132
I got a new computer, and then immediately got locked out of my old skype account. PM Me with your skype contact info if you want to chat ^^

Reply #2133
My version of Klingon is to speak Spanish with my dad in a guttural Klingon accent with shades of Shatner-ese, and by that logic, he's a native speaker.

I heard there's a college scholarship somewhere for anyone that speaks Klingon. I didn't believe it until I found someone singing Eminem's 'Without me' in Klingon on Youtube.

^o)

So, here's my latest reason for marginal inactivity. Kinda unsettling, but shit happens. *shrug*:
[Show/Hide]
Lt. Commander Leon "Striker" Marquez
Chief Tactical Officer, USS Theurgy
"No one left behind."

Ensign James "Jimmy" Mariner
Security Officer, USS Theurgy
"Showtime!"

Lieutenant (J.G.) Alessia "Angel" Garcia
Valravn Fighter Pilot, USS Theurgy
"You're not the only one with a gun,"

Reply #2134
PLEASE WELCOME BACK ABSINTHE, A RETURNING WRITER!

It is my pleasure to announce the return of an old member, namely Absinthe, who will resume writing Doctor Lahkesis Saugn, a Teslyliac duplicate working as a Medical Officer on the Theurgy since the beginning of its voyage. She is, for short, actually a plant, and not the mammal she appears to be.

Ens. Lahkesis Saugn          Medical Officer 

- Played by Absinthe

While Absinthe also created the characters Ryuan Sel and F'Rell - along with the original version of the T'fanrell species - they have said they are really impressed with how the characters have been played by SummerDawn and Hastata-Nerada respectively, and will stake no claim to play either Ryuan Sel and F'Rell. Instead, the sole focus will initially be on the Doctor Saugn character.

Welcome back, Absinthe! Glad to have you back, and happy to hear RL has sorted itself out. :)

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #2135
Welcome back absinthe!

Reply #2137
Welcome back Absinthe!!  That's a wicked cool plant lady!

And sorry to hear about your troubles, Striker.  I can only imagine how bad that must suck :(
"Relationships are not my strong suit; I deal in evenings."
 - Jaya Thorne, Asst. Chief CONN Officer, Ensign [Show/Hide]

Reply #2139
Hi Everyone~

I am glad to be back at long last.  My life has been a total mess, but it looks like I am finally in a place where I can return to doing stuff like this.

Also, I have read the posts involving F'Rell and Sel and though I see things I would not have personally done, I understand that I have no place to critique how others handled them. That is not to say that I didn't like what was done, only that it isn't how I would have done it. As complicated as it sounds I am happier that they got new writers to take their stories in in and exciting directions and I look forward to reading more from them.

Anyway, I am looking forward to writing again with you guys and expect me to post more sooner than later~

Reply #2142
Welcome back!
Lt. Devyrie "Dragon" Okhala
by Burningtransformation
aka
"Waffles"

Reply #2144
To Absinthe-Welcome back to the asylum, does you straight jacket still fit? ;)

To everyone else on the Klingon language-there is a former University of Arkansas employee & University of Arizona student who has her doctorate in Klingon back in the mid to late 1990s by the name of Teresa Wells-Haven.

She actually actually fought for her Bachelor's and Master's on the language and won every time.

I can honestly say that sharing this is a good thing considering it's apart of her legacy now at no less then three major state Universities (Arkansas, Arizona, and Hawaii) where she worked as a professor who earned her right in thanks to her love of that language.

Reply #2145
Wow that's awesome!
"Relationships are not my strong suit; I deal in evenings."
 - Jaya Thorne, Asst. Chief CONN Officer, Ensign [Show/Hide]

Reply #2146
Also, just so peeps here know I have started using my Skype again. My skype name is [Show/Hide]
Feel free to shoot me a message there if you want to talk plot or want to to a joint post with me, both are good.

Reply #2147
Sighs

Sorry everyone. This week's been really shitty, especially for what emotional sanity I do have left. I will be trying to get back to everyone either later this week or next week. Promise.

Reply #2149
STORY OVERVIEW

One of the kids woke me early so I put the time to good use and made this Story Overview for you all. Check below to see where you are due to post! :)

These are all links and put in descending chronological order, except for the Due Starters section, which has no particular order, really. Given the early hour, I might have missed something, and in that case, please go ahead and post here.

PROLOGUE

Prologue 01: Focal Point | Day 01 [1600 hrs.] Next Poster: CanadianVet

Prologue 02: Loose Ends | Day 01 [1600 hrs.]
- Main Sickbay | Decontamination Chamber | Deck 11 - Next Poster: MasterRat
- Main Sickbay | Isolation Ward 02 | Deck 11 - Next Poster: 1) The Counselor 2) Zenozine 3) Auctor Lucan

Prologue 03: The New Pack | Day 01 [1600 hrs.]
- Upper Shuttle Bay | Deck 11 - Next Poster: DocReno (Also NPCing the EMH, perhaps? Later continued in Strength in Unity)
- Main Sickbay | Deck 11 - Next Poster: 1) Even Angels Cry 2) Kaligos 3) Absinthe (Esyel can also join with Jovela)
- Lower Shuttle Bay | Deck 21 - Next Poster: 1) BurningTransformation 2) Esyel (Continued in Strength in Unity)

Prologue 04: The Last Lone Wolves | Day 01 [1600 hrs.] Next Poster: 1) Kaligos 2) CanadianVet 3) Auctor Lucan (Might end there)

Prologue 05: Strength in Unity | Day 01 [1630 hrs.]
- Tactical CONN Briefing Room | Deck 16 - Next Poster: Nolan, but Even Angels Cry, BurningTransformation and Esyel can post asap (+ Triage with Krystal Tancredi?)

Prologue 06: Washing Away the Memories | Day 01 [1700 hrs.]
- Below Decks Lounge | Table 1 - Next Poster: Havenborn
- Below Decks Lounge | Table 2 - Next Poster: 1) Nolan 2) Steelphoenix 3) DocReno

Prologue 07: Two Stray Threads | Day 01 [1700 hrs.] Next Poster: Mathis

Prologue 08: Loose Gears | Day 01 [1700 hrs.] Next Poster: FollowTomorrow (JP?)

DAY 01 CHAPTERS

Chapter 01: Nebula Entry | Day 01 [1900 hrs.] Next Poster: Anyone present (will post again with Ives after a minimum of 5 replies)

Chapter 02 Fanatical Interests | Day 01 [1930 hrs.] Next Poster: 1) chXinya 2) Auctor Lucan

Chapter 03: A Lost Voice | Day 01 [2330 hrs.] Next Poster: TharinAlk

DUE STARTERS (In No Order)

Interrogation of Doctor Maya | Day 01 [2300 hrs.] (No Link Yet) Starter Poster: Arista

Dyan Cardamone Grieving | Day 01 (No Link Yet) Starter Poster: 1) FollowTomorrow 2) To Be Decided

K'Ren Awakening in the Recovery Ward | Day 01 [2200 hrs.] (No Link Yet) Starter Poster: 1)
 SummerDawn 2) Auctor Lucan

Alessia & Minjae speaks privately with Thomas Ravon | Day 01 [1645 hrs.] (No Link Yet) Starter Poster: Even Angels Cry or Esyel (After Strength in Unity)

ThanIda zh'Wann bashes Devoted on Day 01 (Target wanted, starting the scene) (No Link Yet) Starter Poster: Anyone

Drauc T'Laus bashes Devoted on Day 01 (Target wanted who starts the thread) (No Link Yet) Starter Poster: Anyone

Rawley bashes Devoted on Day 01 (Target wanted who starts the thread) (No Link Yet) Starter Poster: Anyone

Rawley sort things with Ravon | Day 01 (No Link Yet) Starter Poster: Auctor Lucan (before/after bashing Devoted but after The Last Lone Wolves)

Sera sleeping in the Sabine | Day 01 (No Link Yet) Starter Poster: Mathis

Natalie Stark goes to Below Decks | Day 01 (No Link Yet) Starter Poster: Brutus (Or joins Washing Away)

Jaya Thorne seeks out the people who helped the Allegiant (No Link Yet) Starter Poster: Even Angels Cry (Or joins Washing Away dep. on injuries)

Drauc T'Laus meets Jovela in Sickbay | Day 01 (No Link Yet) Starter Poster: Auctor Lucan (Or enters later in The New Pack)

To Absent Friends | Day 01 [2355 hrs.] (No Link Yet) Starter Poster: Striker N7 (After Nebula Entry)

Sarresh checks up on Sel | Day 01 (No Link Yet) Starter Poster: SummerDawn

NOTES

Note 01: Virus spreads over the ship during Day 01 and Day 02, symptoms begin during the night Everyone should try to foreshadow this plotline

Note 02: Senior Staff interviews conducted during end of Day 01 and morning Day 02 (Happens off screen, and results announced at noon on Day 02)

Note 03: The naming convention for new posted threads is this:

Prologue or Chapter XX: Name of Thread | Day XX [XXXX hrs.]

This is the way all new threads should be named. Day 01 is the same day as the Battle of Starbase 84. For simplicity, leave the XX after Chapter or Prologue as XX and let the me fix the number since I may have to edit the chapter number of other threads too. You must, however, select which day and hour of the day the thread occurs.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Simple Audio Video Embedder